My Nose Is Gone

Nomad

My Nose Is Gone

Post by Nomad »

Had a nasty cold a few weeks ago. The pretty Mrs brought home Zicam, its a gel like goo you put in the nostril and its supposed to expediate the cold.

Problem is I cant smell anything now.

Apparently the co. has settled with other folks but the product is still being sold.

Ok thats all.

Thank you.
I AM AWESOME MAN
CARLA

My Nose Is Gone

Post by CARLA »

Bummer hopefully it will change in time and your NOSE will be good as new. I suggest you see a ENT "Ear Nose and Throat" Doctor if your concerned about your Nose. :D

[QUOTE]Had a nasty cold a few weeks ago. The pretty Mrs brought home Zicam, its a gel like goo you put in the nostril and its supposed to expediate the cold.

Problem is I cant smell anything now.

Apparently the co. has settled with other folks but the product is still being sold.

Ok thats all.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Accountable

My Nose Is Gone

Post by Accountable »

I pity the fool dat loses his sense of smell!
spot

My Nose Is Gone

Post by spot »

I'd have the manufacturers jailed simply for abusing good English - Zicam's blatantly not a homeopathic remedy. Why can't people stick to what a word means when they use it?

Given what people have said the stuff can do on rare occasions one wonders whether the manufacturers have a quality control issue. "many of the patients [who ended up unable to smell anything] had experienced a strong and very painful burning sensation when they used the product, indicating damage to the nasal tissue" doesn't fit with everyone else finding it soothing.

I had hay fever for thirty odd years and never smelled anything while there were summer scents in the air and then it just went away. I hope your sense is masked at the moment rather than destroyed.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
qsducks

My Nose Is Gone

Post by qsducks »

Mine is stuffed up permantly but that's cause of allergies, but I can smell some stuff like...................................
Nomad

My Nose Is Gone

Post by Nomad »

Oh it was extremely painful and it made me sneeze violently. Nothing soothing about it.

No more smelling for Nomad.
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

My Nose Is Gone

Post by qsducks »

Nomad;908493 wrote: Oh it was extremely painful and it made me sneeze violently. Nothing soothing about it.

No more smelling for Nomad.

Oh you poor baby:-4:p I sneeze like crazy when spring arrives and then it just goes away.
Nomad

My Nose Is Gone

Post by Nomad »

Poor baby...I know

Thats what Nomad really needs
I AM AWESOME MAN
koan

My Nose Is Gone

Post by koan »

one naturopath recommends taking zinc orally, combined with magnesium (for inflammation) and vitamin b6.

Since your problem started with a topical application, not a random, unknown event, you might try using a neti pot (rinsing your sinuses with saline) or taking a tea with herbs that soothe the sinuses and membranes... I usually combine hyssop and mullein and throw in some nettles to support the self healing process.
qsducks

My Nose Is Gone

Post by qsducks »

Nomad;908513 wrote: Poor baby...I know

Thats what Nomad really needs

No, you need to come to my house and I will baby you and yes, you can watch anything you want on tv.:wah:
Chezzie

My Nose Is Gone

Post by Chezzie »

qsducks;908654 wrote: No, you need to come to my house and I will baby you and yes, you can watch anything you want on tv.:wah:

pinkchick

My Nose Is Gone

Post by pinkchick »

Hey Nomi !

Did your nose come back yet? :thinking::p
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Nomad

My Nose Is Gone

Post by Nomad »

pinkchick;909015 wrote: Hey Nomi !

Did your nose come back yet? :thinking::p

No, I tried following it but itsnot easy when its running.
I AM AWESOME MAN
pinkchick

My Nose Is Gone

Post by pinkchick »

Nomad;909029 wrote: No, I tried following it but itsnot easy when its running.

Oh dear!

Maybe it'll get tired soon and come back :D
Very nearly perfect ... :D
woppy71

My Nose Is Gone

Post by woppy71 »

Nomad;909029 wrote: No, I tried following it but itsnot easy when its running.

:wah:

You poor sod. Has it also affected your sense of taste? :confused:
Behaviour breeds behaviour - treat people how you would like to be treated yourself
Nomad

My Nose Is Gone

Post by Nomad »

woppy71;912197 wrote: :wah:

You poor sod. Has it also affected your sense of taste? :confused:

Yes but $ will alleviate some of the anguish.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Health Wellness”