any ideas - complementary therapies

suzy_creamcheese

Post by suzy_creamcheese »

does anyone have any experience/knowledge/ideas of a good all round treatment or something to try and get my health back a bit.

I never used to get ill at all,but having now got tonsillitis for the second time this month, and generally feeling pretty ****, I really think two pregnancies in a row has messed me up a bit healthwise. I wondered if there was anything that could be recommended to get me back in condition - realign me chakras etc. Anyone have any experience of acupuncture?

My mum thinks i should get reflexology. I was also thinking of having a proper consulation with a homeopath (hides)

any ideas? I just wanna feel well again and be able to fight things off rather than come down with every bug going
BHughesNC

Post by BHughesNC »

suzy_creamcheese;847854 wrote: does anyone have any experience/knowledge/ideas of a good all round treatment or something to try and get my health back a bit.

I never used to get ill at all,but having now got tonsillitis for the second time this month, and generally feeling pretty ****, I really think two pregnancies in a row has messed me up a bit healthwise. I wondered if there was anything that could be recommended to get me back in condition - realign me chakras etc. Anyone have any experience of acupuncture?

My mum thinks i should get reflexology. I was also thinking of having a proper consulation with a homeopath (hides)

any ideas? I just wanna feel well again and be able to fight things off rather than come down with every bug going

Since you have had two pregnancies in a row you are probably very busy, tired, depleted of nutrients, short on "me time".

1. Adequate rest.

2. Proper diet You need calcium, iron, potassium, proteins to replace those used up.

3. Time alone.

4. Mild excercise like walking , you could combine 3 and 4.

Your body needs time to recover. Hope this simple advice helps.

Bobby

Post by 911 »

Has your doctor considered taking your tonsils out? Do you get strep throat a lot?

I think Bobby has the right idea, though. Exercise can make you feel a lot better, endorphines and all that.
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
suzy_creamcheese

Post by suzy_creamcheese »

Thanks for your advice

"Me time" is definitely a bit thin on the ground, but that cant really be helped just yet. As for the diet, im trying to do my best and have started taking a multivitamin and mineral supplement.

I do get aa bit of exercise here and there, as i dont drive, so most places i want to get to, i walk to, although getting out the door some days isnt easy lol. I should probably try to get out walking more.

I dont think the doctors would remove my tonsils, i think you really have to fight to get that done over here (UK) unless the tonsilitis is very severe and recurrant. I cant remember having it before apart from these two times. The last time I didnt even get antibiotics - they suggested manuka honey (which didnt help) Im not one for taking antibiotics for any old thing, but my 1 year old had tonsillitis just before me and he had antibitoics and it cleared up very quickly. Theres a big crackdown on prescribing them for too much, but i think tbh, i could have done with them

I just feel like my natural immunity is shot to pieces

Return to “Health Wellness”