Cleansing/Fasting

koan

Cleansing/Fasting

Post by koan »

Lots of people plan Spring cleaning for their homes. How many think about cleaning out their body systems?

I can't afford to lose weight by fasting but I do find that Spring brings about a change in the type of food I eat and I start by eliminating my food sensitivities from my diet and using lots of probiotics (yogurt style good bacteria) to replenish my system.
[love]light

Cleansing/Fasting

Post by [love]light »

I have always wanted to try the "lemon water, honey, & cayenne pepper" fast. Many of my friends have tried it. They all said that they felt a more than significant difference in how they felt... mentally & physically.

I've done a herbal cleansing with some supplements I bought from Wild Oats (an organic grocery chain). For the 1st week, I could actually feel the toxins being released & discarded. It almost felt like a mild case of the flu. Afterwards, I had a major boost in energy & mental clarity.

Good stuff.
The most important things in life are:

laughter, love, and a healthy appreciation for the dark side!

chonsigirl

Cleansing/Fasting

Post by chonsigirl »

Modified fasting is good for the body and spirit, it is something to do anytime of year. I think many during Lent think of this more often, but return afterwards to eating something that they are probably better off not partaking of again. I have the hardest time with sugar/chocolates, things like that. I really gave up the diet cokes and all sodas two years ago.
[love]light

Cleansing/Fasting

Post by [love]light »

I know! I'm trying to reduce the amount of processed sugar in my diet, but the stuff is in everything. It's really incredible how its slipped in there and we don't even notice until we read the label.

The US has a national epidemic: We are all addicted to sugar :-3
The most important things in life are:

laughter, love, and a healthy appreciation for the dark side!

sleepingbeauty

Cleansing/Fasting

Post by sleepingbeauty »

'[love wrote: light;810589']I have always wanted to try the "lemon water, honey, & cayenne pepper" fast. Many of my friends have tried it. They all said that they felt a more than significant difference in how they felt... mentally & physically.

Good stuff.

Does it really work? I've seen it and heard about it. But can you just drink the supplement without fasting?

Return to “Health Wellness”