Direct To Consumer Marketing

koan

Post by koan »

This month's Alive magasine had an article about how pharmaceutical companies are making $4.25 for every $1 spent on direct to consumer advertising. "Ask your doctor about...."

Elderly people singing in the shower and jumping on their beds... you know the type of ad we're talking about. People are told that something normal in their lives doesn't have to be "suffered" and the pharmaceuticals fly.

We are an entirely overmedicated society. It's scary. What will be the side effects?
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Brutal and deadly attacks on Therapist with a meat cleaver when one goes off their medications. :( Your right we are over medicated in some areas, and not medicated enough in others. Cures for diseases need to be found, not the next chill pill. The side effects are becoming all to clear daily.

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by koan

What will be the side effects?[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

spot

Post by spot »

Which medications can you think of that cure diseases, Carla? I'm trying to think of a few but it's not easy.

There's a derivative of a bark which clears infestations of intestinal worm which otherwise irritate people, that's a cure.

Do we count headaches as disease? I'm not sure we ought but we might in which case add the salicylates. All too often that's just treating a symptom though, not curing a disease.

I'm hard pressed here. Oh, syphilis, that's curable, add whatever it is that cures syphilis.

Hmm. Curable diseases. Any more? I think there's a general principle that if it's bacterial then the bacteria can be killed with antibiotics, if it's viral you just have to wait and see, if it's organ failure you're dead.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Richard Bell

Post by Richard Bell »

koan;778266 wrote: This month's Alive magasine

Alive magazine...that's that rag the vitamin and supplement stores give away free, and it's worth every cent, I must say.

I love how they'll feature a big article about how the extract from the Kookoowacky nut from the Congo cures whatever ails you, and on the next page there is a huge ad for Jamieson's Supercharged Kookoowacky Extract (With Added Bioflavinoids +B Complex Vitamins). Sixty capsules for $49.99.

Oh, and the article is always written by "Dr." Whatsis, ND.

ND...gimme a break!

Return to “Health Wellness”