Pethedin Anyone?

abbey

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by abbey »

I have gallstones and am waiting to go in and have my galbladder removed,

the doc gave me pethedin to help with the pain.

Tonight is the 1st time I've used it and I'm really dissapointed! :(

I thought it was used for woman in labour and was hoping when I took one I would'nt feel any pain whatsoever.

Thank god I'm not in labour is all I can say.
Pheasy

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by Pheasy »

I've never had pethadin, I think my sister did and it made her sicky.

Good luck for tomorrow Abbey :-4
theia

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by theia »

abbey;773585 wrote: I have gallstones and am waiting to go in and have my galbladder removed,

I thought it was used for woman in labour and was hoping when I took one I would'nt feel any pain whatsoever.

It helped me at the birth of my son but then it was administered intravenously, maybe it works quicker that way? Do you think you need to give it more time? I hope that is the case for you, Abbs.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Chezzie

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by Chezzie »

Good Luck with your op Abbs x:-6
AussiePam

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by AussiePam »

abbey;773585 wrote: I have gallstones and am waiting to go in and have my galbladder removed,

My closest girlfriend had this op last week, Abbey, after being in a lot of pain for a long time. I spoke to her yesterday and she said she's feeling like a new woman. She was only in hospital overnight. They did it all with keyhole surgery.

Hope they can get you in quickly, and with similar success.

I've only ever heard of pethidine by injection. That made me as high as a kite. There are probably varying strengths available. Maybe you should ask your doctor once again.

Very best wishes.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

abbey

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by abbey »

ThePheasant;773593 wrote:

Good luck for tomorrow Abbey :-4What's happening tomorrow hon?

theia;773595 wrote: It helped me at the birth of my son but then it was administered intravenously, maybe it works quicker that way? Do you think you need to give it more time? I hope that is the case for you, Abbs.I took it 3 hours ago, I'm hoping that it'll knock me out when I go bed.

Chezzie;773598 wrote: Good Luck with your op Abbs x:-6There's an 11 week waiting list! :-1
abbey

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by abbey »

AussiePam;773602 wrote: My closest girlfriend had this op last week, Abbey, after being in a lot of pain for a long time. I spoke to her yesterday and she said she's feeling like a new woman. She was only in hospital overnight. They did it all with keyhole surgery.

Hope they can get you in quickly, and with similar success.

I've only ever heard of pethidine by injection. That made me as high as a kite. There are probably varying strengths available. Maybe you should ask your doctor once again.

Very best wishes.That's really good to hear Pam.

I can't go on like this for much longer, I miss chocolate and fish & chips. :-1
AussiePam

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by AussiePam »

Prue could hardly eat anything. Certainly nothing spicy. I'm looking forward now to taking her out to a slap up, decadent feast when I'm next back in Sydney.

Hope you get the chockie and chips again very soon. Eleven week wait. That sucks. Prue certainly had to wait a couple of months too, so maybe that's the norm. GEESCH. Do hope you can get better pain meds.

Sending hugs.

Pheasy

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by Pheasy »

Sorry Abbs I misread your post - I thought it said you were having the op. tomorrow. I'm such a durr-plank. :-5

Its good to hear from Aussiepam that surgery is successful. :-4
abbey

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by abbey »

ThePheasant;773613 wrote: Sorry Abbs I misread your post - I thought it said you were having the op. tomorrow. I'm such a durr-plank. :-5

Its good to hear from Aussiepam that surgery is successful. :-4And the good thing is, it's keyhole surgery so wont spoil my sveltelike figure. :wah:
chonsigirl

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by chonsigirl »

:-4 Oh dear abbey, an eleven week wait, how horrid! I hope the pain pills work for you-if not, call the doctor and tell him/her so!
kayleneaussie

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by kayleneaussie »

You will feel like a new woman Abbey. Best of Luck when you finally have it. Maybe Pethedin dosent work for you. Have a chat with your Doc.:-4
FOC THREAD PART 1
theia

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by theia »

abbey;773614 wrote: And the good thing is, it's keyhole surgery so wont spoil my sveltelike figure. :wah:

I had keyhole surgery for the same op back in 2000, and yes, it's very straightforward and nothing to worry about. Maybe you'll get a cancellation and be admitted earlier?

And as Pammie said, go back to your GP if you feel you need stronger pain relief.

Lots of love :-4
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
abbey

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by abbey »

Thankyou for your kind words of comfort FG sweetpeas. :-4

I have found the way to pain relief........

Bacardi & ice ( can't drink fizzy coke )

mrsK

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by mrsK »

abbey;773614 wrote: And the good thing is, it's keyhole surgery so wont spoil my sveltelike figure. :wah:

Well that is the main thing then:wah::wah:

Hope the pain eases a bit for you Abbey.

Go & get something stronger if you have to wait 11 weeks.

Good luck:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
abbey

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by abbey »

mrsK;773637 wrote: Well that is the main thing then:wah::wah:

Hope the pain eases a bit for you Abbey.

Go & get something stronger if you have to wait 11 weeks.

Good luck:-6Thanks sweety :-4
AussiePam

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by AussiePam »

abbey;773632 wrote:

Bacardi & ice ( can't drink fizzy coke )

Cheers!!!

CARLA

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by CARLA »

Abbey seems to be a pretty good drug if you ask me. :wah: Hope you don't have to wait to long. If your pain gets bad enough they will have to take you sooner. It use to be an ugly surgery but now with laproscopy its a piece of cake. :D

[QUOTE]Nurse injects herself with pethadine on duty

Calls patients sweetie, swings undies above head

Nurse struck off for reckless behaviour

A NEW South Wales nurse who injected herself with pethidine while on duty and then called patients “sweetie” and “darling” while swinging underpants above her head has been struck off.

Lia Margaret Shelley, who worked at hospitals in the Newcastle region, was found guilty of professional misconduct after a series of complaints about her reckless behaviour.[/QUOTE]
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Betty Boop

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by Betty Boop »

ooh poor you Abbey. Get back and get some better pain relief and make sure they know you're prepared to go in at short notice. Obviously pethidine in tablet form is not the same as the injection used in labour, that stuff is fantastic!

:-4
theia

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by theia »

Nurse injects herself with pethadine on duty

A NEW South Wales nurse who injected herself with pethidine while on duty and then called patients “sweetie” and “darling” while swinging underpants above her head has been struck off.

Lia Margaret Shelley, who worked at hospitals in the Newcastle region, was found guilty of professional misconduct after a series of complaints about her reckless behaviour.

Sorry, I know her behaviour was "inappropriate" but I love it...especially the underpants scenario.

Abbs, I hope you had a pain free night?
Nomad

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by Nomad »

Im sorry you have to go through that. Ive heard its terribly painful. I hope you have a super speedy recovery Abbeynormal. Everything will be just fine. Nomad knows.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Kathy Ellen

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Ahhhhh Abbey:-4,

I'm so sorry to hear this....I had a terrible bout with my gallbladder.....had so much pain, couldn't eat, lost tons of weight and had a painless operation a long time ago.

It was an awful experience....hope all goes well for you.

pinkchick

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by pinkchick »

Hey Abbs :-6

I'm sorry that you're feeling so rotten sweetie :-4

I hope the pain is getting less :-4
Very nearly perfect ... :D
abbey

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by abbey »

Thanks for the sweet words guys :-4

theia;773817 wrote: Nurse injects herself with pethadine on duty

Lia Margaret Shelley, who worked at hospitals in the Newcastle region, was found guilty of professional misconduct after a series of complaints about her reckless behaviour.

Sorry, I know her behaviour was "inappropriate" but I love it...especially the underpants scenario.

Abbs, I hope you had a pain free night?I'd have given anything to have been as high as a kite swinging my knickers above my head last night. :wah:
suzycreamcheese

Pethedin Anyone?

Post by suzycreamcheese »

I hope the operation goes well!!

I had pethidine in my first labour and I thought it was a bit crap tbh. It made me a bit off my face, but it didnt get rid of the pain.

I think i was a bit more chilled out about it though but really not a very adequate pain relief, especially since ive heard that gallstones is worse than labour sometimes.

Return to “Health Wellness”