~Tattoos~do you have any?~

Discuss knitting, embroidery, crocheting, and other types of creative needlework.
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

I actually full filled my dream this past summer and added one more.I have yet to show my mother as she will just have a fit!! I went ahead with the breast cancer ribbon on the back of my neck and head..I am very proud to say -IT HURT LIKE HELL! LOL

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
Jcas

Post by Jcas »

My daughter had a tattoo round her ankle when she was in her teens...now in her fortys, she is wanting it removed and has been told the scarring the removal will leave , will be far worce than the tattoo.

She really regrets ever having that tattoo.....:rolleyes:
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

Jcas wrote: My daughter had a tattoo round her ankle when she was in her teens...now in her fortys, she is wanting it removed and has been told the scarring the removal will leave , will be far worce than the tattoo.

She really regrets ever having that tattoo.....:rolleyes:

Having an ankle removed to get rid of a tattoo sounds a little drastic to me :-2

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Jcas

Post by Jcas »

Having an ankle removed to get rid of a tattoo sounds a little drastic to melol...that did sound funny i must admit.

I think sometimes she has felt like resorting to this though ...lol:-6
slim2005

Post by slim2005 »

i have two tattoos one on my ankle of a sun and one of a star on my wrist i want more this is addicting i have also had tongue,bellybuttonpierced now i have my labret, nose, ears i want more of that too:D
nihilisticmadman

Post by nihilisticmadman »

Got 4 tatoos...

a barecode on the left of my neck...

a pentagram at the back of my neck...

a tribal on my right leg...

a ying-yang stuff on my shoulder (which I want to remove)

myspace
Supersilly@rse

Post by Supersilly@rse »

I have the celtic symbol for strength on my bum!
Amie

Post by Amie »

Thanks for the bump! :cool:

There's a distinct lack of pictures here so here's one of my (relatively) new tattoo. The pic was taken at 24hours old just after a shower and cream application so sorry about the quality and glare.

This was a cover up job of a japanese character meaning Love and Happiness but it was not well done and very very old and it was time for it to be covered.

I chose this design because it kind of felt like me... a little sad, a little naughty, and a little looking down on a world I want. It's hard to explain. BUT I do love it so.

Attached files
Amie

Post by Amie »

I think so :) Six non-stop hours sitting under the needle right there and I'm already thinking of my next one...
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Yikes, you're all so brave. Don't think I could do that!!! Nice one, Amie! I look forward to seeing yours soon, Pinky.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

neffy

Post by neffy »

i have eight tattoos 5 are all to do with egypt 1 of a frog and elephant and i have one on my ankle" shady" as i like eminem
The rottie queen
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

Tattoos require needles. Therefore pain. No, thanking you very much, but No No No
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

Pinky;593825 wrote: I didn't think you'd be worried about a bit of stinging Chooks!

Possibly not, but you have to pay to have pain inflicted on you.
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

Oi, myself is Scottish.
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

What's under yours?
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

Pinky;593852 wrote: A toolkit and a packet of crisps...dunno how they got there!

What flavour?
Chookie

Post by Chookie »

Damn, I was fancying some Prawn Cocktail.
xalisonx

Post by xalisonx »

iv got a small black tribal design tattoo on my lower stomach, so the top just pokes out from the top of my jeans

I had it there so i could hide it if need be but the only time any1 would really see it any way is if i was wearing a bikini.

xx
mominiowa

Post by mominiowa »

Hello..I know u all know I have several becuase its how I exspress my struggles in life...(I should have a whole sleeve by now LOL)..anyway..after my nephew died I was very sad and couldn't get myself back to reality..so without my doctors recommendation...I did this...Jay and I had picked the colors together..His color was a bone color and he didn't like it..so he chose black..As he knew his life was almost over..then the saying was a saying he has on his MySpace..

"Si' Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"....If you want peace, prepare for war. Its how I look at cancer now..If you want to have a long life and have a smooth flow of things...you need to fight now..and WIN!..

SO here it is...

Attached files

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

I'm going to get one that says "Network Bada$$"

a little computer humor
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
SpiderSam

Post by SpiderSam »

I have a dolphin on my lower back and am considering having one on my shoulder OR on my wrist as a bangle type thing, consisting of 5 celtic A's.
Ybird

Post by Ybird »

I've got a small kanji symbol for love on my lower stomach and 2 weeks ago I had a pattern done on my lower back which I absolutely love!! I keep showing it off! :D
chrisb84uk

Post by chrisb84uk »

Nope never had one, nor am I going to get one.
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

No, i dont like them especially on females. Ive yet to see a pic or symbol so beautiful that i'd like to look at it daily for the rest of my life. My eldest daughter has several, i dont approve but its her body & her choice.
minks

Post by minks »

My 3rd is to be 2 boldly colored fish in the ying and yang position I just have to settle on where.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
SpiderSam

Post by SpiderSam »

My boyfriend has a great one on his back.
Carl44

Post by Carl44 »

SpiderSam;632046 wrote: My boyfriend has a great one on his back.

who is he Quasimodo :wah:

sorry i dont want him to get the hump :o
KB.

Post by KB. »

I've got two, both are more than ten years old. One is my nickname, KB, in half inch high roman style letters, black ink, right upper arm. That was is twelve years old. The other is 10 years old, three inches high, by maybe 1.5 across, right under the previous, red, chinese symbol for loyalty. There were five of us that got that. I have three more planned, it took me all this time to pick them out, and three came to me at once.
Life ain't linear.
SpiderSam

Post by SpiderSam »

jimbo;632058 wrote: who is he Quasimodo :wah:

sorry i dont want him to get the hump :o

HEHE no he don't have a hump!!:wah: It's a huge celtic design running all across his shoulder blades.
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

I don't have any, I don't like them on women, think it looks really common. Saying that I like small ones like on the shoulder or hip. Don't mind them on men but on the face or neck is going over the top.
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

SpiderSam;631652 wrote: I have a dolphin on my lower back and am considering having one on my shoulder OR on my wrist as a bangle type thing, consisting of 5 celtic A's.

That would be cute for the kids. :D
SpiderSam

Post by SpiderSam »

crazygal;636959 wrote: That would be cute for the kids. :D

That's what I thought. Just got to decide now where to have it done and the pluck up the courage to have it done. :wah:
crazygal

Post by crazygal »

SpiderSam;637259 wrote: That's what I thought. Just got to decide now where to have it done and the pluck up the courage to have it done. :wah:

Wrist, ouch, no fat! Belly I think as that's where they came from. :) Above belly button so shows with a bikini.
Sweet Tooth

Post by Sweet Tooth »

I have 2 tattoos! I have on on my lower back of tribal angel wings and one on my lower area below my hip bone of two hearts joined together with a S and M in it- Sarah and Mike! My hubby has 2 tattoos too! He has the cliche USMC bulldog on his right arm and a cross with a ribbon around it that says Only God Can Judge Me- he got that one after coming back from Iraq the first time- kinda makes ya wonder!
PaulaH

Post by PaulaH »

My partner has several tattoos including one as a tribute to his late Mum which is very special.

I was going to get one for my 40th but I chickened out, I'm not good with needles - maybe when I'm 50..........;)

Paula xx

Return to “Needlecrafts”