The fastest you've been

A forum to discuss the wheeled vehicle that you love.
chonsigirl

The fastest you've been

Post by chonsigirl »

:eek:

Wow, the difference in speed calculations!

I would be bye-bye at 135. I have hit 90 mph in the desert, that is pretty fast here.
Fibonacci

The fastest you've been

Post by Fibonacci »

I went 140 In my brother's car. He told me to do it. It's weird to see everything coming at you so fast! :driving:
The poolhall's a great equalizer. In the poolhall, nobody cares how old you are, how young you are, what color your skin is or how much money you've got in your pocket... It's about how you move. I remember this kid once who could move around a pool table like nobody had ever seen. Hour after hour, rack after rack, his shots just went in. The cue was part of his arm and the balls had eyes. And the thing that made him so good was... He thought he could never miss. I know, 'cause that kid was me.
Erinna1112

The fastest you've been

Post by Erinna1112 »

225 mph.

In a plane. Yes, I was flying it.

In a car...about 105 on the highway. One of my "when I hit the lotto" wishes is a few laps at Talladega in a NASCAR car.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

I swear by my life - and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~Ayn Rand

If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention.

A*M*E*N!
Clint

The fastest you've been

Post by Clint »

125 in my 1969 Camero with me driving. 140 in a 1965 Olds 4-4-2 but I wasn't driving. I'm at my limit at 80 now and that's only in the middle of Idaho on a clear day with light traffic.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
pantsonfire321@aol.com

The fastest you've been

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

144 in a 30 zone on the back of the old gits R1 on the A10 in london - that was to fast for me - but he reckons he did about 160 in the south of france.

Edited to add ; 160 was on a 600 Ninja - i think .
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Uncle Kram

The fastest you've been

Post by Uncle Kram »

My mates all rip it out of me for being a slow driver and being overtaken by milk-floats. I rarely go above 50mph but I did once reach 120mph on the motorway. It's madness though and I would never do it again. Nothing to gain, everything to lose.

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
Tater Tazz

The fastest you've been

Post by Tater Tazz »

135 not paying attention.
Galbally

The fastest you've been

Post by Galbally »

I was once in work in Essex, and I needed to see a flat in Colchester, so my boss let one of my workmates (a teacher normally who was just filling in in the lab) to drive his car and bring my to the town, so the car was a fast Audi, anyway, Chris was pretty young and I was inexperienced in cars at the time, so we set off on the motorway (in our bosses car), so I notice we are going fast, then Chris hands me a bag of grass and asks me to roll him a joint, I told him I had no problem with that, but i didn't know how to roll joints, and also I thought well our boss might notice that the passenger side has got lots of grass on the floor next time that he gets in his car, then I look at the speedo, and we are doing 139 mph, so I says, "look chris, I just want to go see a flat on me lunch break, now we are doing twice the speed limit i a car we don't own, and you are not insured to drive, (which also belongs to the man who employs me), I am a foreigner, and I have a big bag of your drugs in my hand, I am not square, but would you mind slowing down please, because i DON'T think that our boss would be too please if we get arrested, and that I would like to have a job in the morning and not wake up in the Jail in Romford thanks.

My own car can do 119 mph, its only a normal car, but I did check it once just to see, and yes, thats as fast as it goes, which is too fast. I usually do about 60 on the road and 80 on the motorway if its clear, I used to speed a bit, but I have had a crash, so I know better now, because its extremely easy to die in a car, and I am not really interested in doing it, or worse killing some other poor bugger, but I can drive very fast if I have too, and yes it is fun, but its also extremely dangerous, which is why there are speed limits.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
K.Snyder

The fastest you've been

Post by K.Snyder »

I live in a relatively populated area, so I don't really speed on the streets. That, and I have had two wreckless ops(Police knew me and pulled me over for anything)and four speeding tickets within 3 years.

Besides, I don't trust the safety of regular street vehicles at all, and I will save going that fast for the race track. We go about 105 around a 3/8 mile short track.
Bryn Mawr

The fastest you've been

Post by Bryn Mawr »

An estimated 140 at the end of the main straight at Mallory Park on a motorcycle training day.

On the road? Being driven from Felixtowe to Royston (?80 miles? on A roads) by a maniac Sales Manager in 58 minutes including a petrol stop - clock showing 135 much of the way. Utter stupidity!
jmb

The fastest you've been

Post by jmb »

when serving in khormaksar in Aden back in the early 60's i was taken up a Hawker Hunter as a passenger and the pilot used to do barrel rolls to make his passenger sick, because it was rule in the forces that you cleaned up your own mess and he was touching nearly 600 mph with the ground rushing up . i was not sick but i nearly did the other , it was scary, jmb
Galbally

The fastest you've been

Post by Galbally »

jmb;542681 wrote: when serving in khormaksar in Aden back in the early 60's i was taken up a Hawker Hunter as a passenger and the pilot used to do barrel rolls to make his passenger sick, because it was rule in the forces that you cleaned up your own mess and he was touching nearly 600 mph with the ground rushing up . i was not sick but i nearly did the other , it was scary, jmb

Cool, you win! :-6
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
Carl44

The fastest you've been

Post by Carl44 »

the fastest i've ever been was in about 3 seconds , it was in a pub in brighton , i er was not sure of the preferred gender of the guys in the pub , brighton being the gay capitol of england , and there was no lock on the door :o :o :o i've never been so bloody fast i can tell you:wah:
Bez

The fastest you've been

Post by Bez »

In my little 97cc Toyota Yaris......88 mph.....on the M25.......going down hill :D

I've been about 110mph on the back of my (ex) husbands motorbike.

I have 2 speeding endorsements for going over the limit in bult up areas.........36mph in a 30 zone and 45mph in a 40 zone.....caught by the speed cameras :o
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Carl44

The fastest you've been

Post by Carl44 »

jimbo;542959 wrote: the fastest i've ever been was in about 3 seconds , it was in a pub in brighton , i er was not sure of the preferred gender of the guys in the pub , brighton being the gay capitol of england , and there was no lock on the door :o :o i've never been so bloody fast i can tell you:wah:

ok its been pointed out to me i've gone off topic , i did 165 once at 3 am when the roads were empty on a motorway yes it was silly , and i nearly went in 3 seconds then also when i saw a cop car going the other way:D
Indian Princess

The fastest you've been

Post by Indian Princess »

Well, I will tell ya but LC has to put her hands over her eyes first, and I was not the one driving, I was 16 and dating my ex husband to be, he had a 70 challenger, and my brother with whom I was riding with had a 70 charger, the coolest car, he had nitrus in it, but my new boyfriend didnt know it, and I stopped looking at the speedometer when we hit 170.

He swore me to blood secracy not to tell mom, or he was telling I forged a report card.

I'm 30 hes 41 and moms 63 and our secret is still safe:driving:
Indian Princess

The fastest you've been

I remember up to 135, then my brother hit the nitros button, and that was it.
Nomad

The fastest you've been

Post by Nomad »

I dont know why everyone is in such a hurry.

Boggles my mind.

On my bike I prefer cruising. Just easy cruising.

Same in my car.

Im a cruiser I guess.

Cruiser Nomad.

Yup yup yup.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Indian Princess

The fastest you've been

my brother rebuilt a 1970 Dodge charger and put a nitros kit in, he straps on a friggin race car harness and tells me too hold on, no friggin seatbelt hits nitros at 100 and poof, I now can barely see earth!!!!!!!!! 170mph.

So he says, I had my eyes shut. I was 16 he was 18 STUPID
Indian Princess

The fastest you've been

Wow , just a word of advice, too much Jack Daniels makes you blind this is the third response too this thread!
visacard

The fastest you've been

Post by visacard »

That sounds bloody hot. Do u have a picture of the Charger?
mikeinie

The fastest you've been

Post by mikeinie »

It was my last day working for a company, they day before I had to hand in the company car, it was 3 am on a very empty highway, I though to hell with it and hit 140 mps, only for a few seconds. Too fast for my liking, would never do it again, but wow, the car was so smooth and had not trouble getting to that speed and just coasted.

I am glad I wasn't caught.
Deep_Respect

The fastest you've been

Post by Deep_Respect »

The fastest thing I've ever driven was my friends turbocharged Ford Ranger. This was a pickup truck with lowered suspension, wide low profile tires and Ford Thunderbird engine. I couldn't tell exactly how fast I was going but the speedometer was reading 70 although I was passing cars like they weren't even moving. This truck was so fast I could burn rubber while accelerating from 50 miles an hour. I figure that I was doing at least 140 and the pedal wasn't even to the floor.

In my own car was doing about 120 next to an airport and found myself running side by side with a landing commercial jet. I'll never forget that moment.
G-man

The fastest you've been

Post by G-man »

Pretty damn fast! In a car... probably around 175 mph... the fastest thing I've ever been in was a jet... there are much faster yet, but not going to get technical about the question. :p I'm used to flying planes, so any land vehicle seems to be moving at a turtle's pace to me.

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

double helix

The fastest you've been

Post by double helix »

I think 120, on the autobon in Germany. In miles. I remember calculating it with my ex-husband. Next to us were two German Patrol cars. They passed us. :wah:

Return to “General Chit Chat”