What a nightmare

A forum to discuss the wheeled vehicle that you love.
redman

What a nightmare

Post by redman »

It all started this morning at 10.30am when I took my doctor to Liverpool airport,

it is about 36 miles, not so far you in the USA or OZ would say,but in little ole England that is a very long way.

Anyhow I dropped him off and set of for the drive back, when after 5 miles the car just stopped,nothing I could do, so I phoned the AA Recovery,they sent a patrol to sum up the situation, I had to wait for him for 1 hour on an expressway, he had a look and said he would phone for the recovery vehicle,that took another one and a half hours to arrive

He did eventually arrive and took me and my vehicle to a puegeot dealer near to my home,in fact it was 10miles further on from my home, the dealer thinks its the low pressure fuel pump thats gone.

Anyway I am now stranded 10 miles the other side of my home...........then my neighbour came in her car to collect me..I arrved home at 4pm...

has anyone else got some breakdown tales to tell???
Marie5656

What a nightmare

Post by Marie5656 »

Sorry to hear you had such a tough time of it. When will your car be back on the road?

I have no really interesting tales to tell, but here is my most recent. I was driving home from work, on the expressway when I realized my brake light was on, and I have little brake control. And of course, I was passing through the construction zone, where there is no break down lane to speak of. I managed to limp on past the construction, and got pulled over. I called the Auto Club, and had comeone come for the van. I called my husband and as his work was on the way to the garage I was towing it to, I had the tow truck driver drop me . SO I had to hang for about a half hour for Rick to get off work and went home with him. Turns out one of my brake lines was bad. Works fine now.:driving:
shelleybelle73

What a nightmare

Post by shelleybelle73 »

redman wrote: It all started this morning at 10.30am when I took my doctor to Liverpool airport,

it is about 36 miles, not so far you in the USA or OZ would say,but in little ole England that is a very long way.

Anyhow I dropped him off and set of for the drive back, when after 5 miles the car just stopped,nothing I could do, so I phoned the AA Recovery,they sent a patrol to sum up the situation, I had to wait for him for 1 hour on an expressway, he had a look and said he would phone for the recovery vehicle,that took another one and a half hours to arrive

He did eventually arrive and took me and my vehicle to a puegeot dealer near to my home,in fact it was 10miles further on from my home, the dealer thinks its the low pressure fuel pump thats gone.

Anyway I am now stranded 10 miles the other side of my home...........then my neighbour came in her car to collect me..I arrved home at 4pm...

has anyone else got some breakdown tales to tell???

First of all can i ask...

WHY were YOU taking your DOCTOR to the aiport??? ha ha ha lol :-2

My boyfriend had to call the AA services when we had broken down, we hadnt been together for a long time and I thought the whole thing was dead romantic

We were collected from the services along the motorway, out car was jacked up on to their wagon and we were taken to there garage where they fixed the exhause or something, while we sat in a cabin eating crisps and drinking coke

Love eh??? Does strange things to our minds... ha ha ha :driving:

We're still together and I remember the day very clearly ( swoon swoon)

Shelley
Shelleybelle73 :yh_hugs

Breathe in, Breathe out, thats all any of us can do at the end of the day... :yh_whistl

All My Love & Best Wishes to Babyrider

I've missed you guys so much...... :-4
redman

What a nightmare

Post by redman »

shelleybelle73 wrote: First of all can i ask...

WHY were YOU taking your DOCTOR to the aiport??? ha ha ha lol

Shelley

Cos he was going to a meeting in Madrid,and I run a small taxi firm in my semi retirement,thats how that came about...also his wife is gorgeous.
shelleybelle73

What a nightmare

Post by shelleybelle73 »

redman wrote: Cos he was going to a meeting in Madrid,and I run a small taxi firm in my semi retirement,thats how that came about...also his wife is gorgeous.

REDMAN you ol' scoundrel you.. (funny though)

is this you...:driving: ...

and by the way just HOW attractive is the wifes doctor?

scale of 1 to 10

shelley

Breathe in, Breathe out, thats all any of us can do at the end of the day... :yh_whistl

redman

What a nightmare

Post by redman »

shelleybelle73 wrote: REDMAN you ol' scoundrel you.. (funny though)

is this you...:driving: ...

and by the way just HOW attractive is the wifes doctor?

scale of 1 to 10

shelley

20.............................:wah:
shelleybelle73

What a nightmare

Post by shelleybelle73 »

redman wrote: 20.............................:wah:

*shelley shakes her head and tuts*

oh i see shes 20/10 not 20 years of age ... *shelley laffs out loud*

you go for it you ol' flirt

shelley

redman

What a nightmare

Post by redman »

Some fascinating tales,poor old snoozecontrol,stranded on the central reservation

bet that was beyond a joke..............:driving:
Uncle Kram

What a nightmare

Post by Uncle Kram »

Good job you broke down on the way back chap.

I once waited 5 hours for the AA to turn up. In an EXTREMELY out of character moment, I kinda went nuclear sub-particle and they decided to give me a years membership free :driving:

For years, any calls I made after that were usually responded to within 10 minutes. Must have had a "Dont upset Krammy" warning on the screen :wah:

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
redman

What a nightmare

Post by redman »

Uncle Kram wrote: Good job you broke down on the way back chap.

I once waited 5 hours for the AA to turn up. In an EXTREMELY out of character moment, I kinda went nuclear sub-particle and they decided to give me a years membership free :driving:

For years, any calls I made after that were usually responded to within 10 minutes. Must have had a "Dont upset Krammy" warning on the screen :wah:

interesting story,isn't it an essential thing to do,be in either the AA. Or Rac. ?
Uncle Kram

What a nightmare

Post by Uncle Kram »

redman wrote: interesting story,isn't it an essential thing to do,be in either the AA. Or Rac. ?

With my knowledge of cars, you're darn tootin' :o

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
minks

What a nightmare

Post by minks »

likely my worst fear of all, Being stranded....

I recall as a kid in our camping days with parents, my dad in his never ending search of the perfect secluded camping spot. He decided he would forge a creek because there had to be something good on the other side. Well didn't we get hung up. Yep in our truck and camper there in the middle of the creek. Boy was he angry and all the while neither of us kids could help as we were way to young, and mom was not so strong. So he worked on this for what seemed like a day and got us free. What was the real panic in my eyes... (remember I was a little kid at the time) he had cut his self fairly bad, and I still have not so fond memories of his blood flowing down the stream. Perhaps damaged for life.

Ok true story but not what you were looking for, nope when travelling myself I have yet to be stranded *minks counts her lucky stars*
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Bryn Mawr

What a nightmare

Post by Bryn Mawr »

redman wrote: interesting story,isn't it an essential thing to do,be in either the AA. Or Rac. ?

Only joined when I worked too far from home to guarantee to rescue my wife if she broke down - never worried I wouldn't be able to get the car home.

Then, one day driving down a fast A road, the front wheel dropped off!

Called the RAC and told them I needed recovery and why. An hour later the patrol car came out, agreed the front wheel had indeed dropped off and called the recovery lorry.

Worth the wait though - calling the recovery lorry myself would have cost hundreds.
Bryn Mawr

What a nightmare

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Pinky wrote: A few months ago, my friend Mike bought a bike that we had to collect from Leicester. We also collected my bike on the same day, which was in Seaham, near newcastle. We travelled up the night before, picked up my bike first, and went on to Leicester. Well, he got onto the motorway, and the thing died on him.

Drove around, got some more petrol to put in...it died again.

He has no RAC / AA cover, so we did our best to try and fix it at the roadside, but it just wouldn't go. We sat by the side of the M1 for six hours...after four I had the brainwave of ringing the RAC and telling them that I had been riding the bike, as I am a member! Even then it took them a while to get to us.

Here's the really annoying bit - Mike had accidentaly programmed the sat-nav wrong, so it was taking us back up to Seaham:rolleyes:

We eventually got home at three in the morning.

What was the problem?

And where in Leicester?

Just curious :-)
Bryn Mawr

What a nightmare

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Pinky wrote: I can't remember where excactly, I didn't have the directions!

When we took it apart, all the electrics were buggered, wiring too - all held together with parcel tape! Loads had been bodged with gasket seal too.

The poor guy still hasn't got it on the road yet:(

Bed luck indeed.

If it was a private sale not much you can do but if it was trade then find out who and I'll pass the word round loud and clear
redman

What a nightmare

Post by redman »

Pinky wrote: A few months ago, my friend Mike bought a bike that we had to collect from Leicester. We also collected my bike on the same day, which was in Seaham, near newcastle. We travelled up the night before, picked up my bike first, and went on to Leicester. Well, he got onto the motorway, and the thing died on him.

Drove around, got some more petrol to put in...it died again.

He has no RAC / AA cover, so we did our best to try and fix it at the roadside, but it just wouldn't go. We sat by the side of the M1 for six hours...after four I had the brainwave of ringing the RAC and telling them that I had been riding the bike, as I am a member! Even then it took them a while to get to us.

Here's the really annoying bit - Mike had accidentaly programmed the sat-nav wrong, so it was taking us back up to Seaham:rolleyes:

We eventually got home at three in the morning.

With the AA. IT is the person who is a member not the vehicle,so if you break down in a friends vehicle they will also rescue whatever vehicle you are in.

Return to “General Chit Chat”