Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
bobmielke

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by bobmielke »

This upcoming presidential election warrants getting out the popcorn & candy. There isn't a chance that the Republicans can put anyone on the ballot to beat President Obama. How often have we seen a president run on a platform to straighten out our country and actually fulfill his promises?

Sarah Palin is a joke. I like the Saturday Night Live comedian, Tina Fey better than Sarah. What a laughing stock she would make out of our political process. I just wish Pat Paulson was still running. LOL :guitarist
Clodhopper

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by Clodhopper »

Well, it sometimes seems that people would vote for a monkey if it got Obama out. (Though that may be a skewed and biased American-hating British perspective :p)

And they say Sarah Palin is very sexy. Especially in leather boots. (If you like that sort of thing :-4 :yh_pumpkn)

So what about, "Vote Sexy Monkey to Boot Obama!" Got to be good for some votes, eh?:yh_chickn

(hello there. Used to post more but am a bit occasional these days. See you on the boards.)
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Ahso!

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by Ahso! »

Sarah Palin is doing what any opportunistic capitalist would: she's cashing in on her 20 mins of fame. She's selling her bullshit to the bullshit buyers. It's that simple, really.

Is Sarah Palin narcissistic? You bet, and she's making the most of the condition. She's got very effective survival skills, and of course, the looks only enhance her survivability. Welcome to the wild!

Tina Fey's no different, actually, in fact, Fey is borrowing Palin's looks for her own gain. C'est la vie.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
bobmielke

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by bobmielke »

Tina Fey is a professional comedian. Sarah Palin is a professional politician.
Accountable

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by Accountable »

bobmielke;1361344 wrote: This upcoming presidential election warrants getting out the popcorn & candy. There isn't a chance that the Republicans can put anyone on the ballot to beat President Obama. How often have we seen a president run on a platform to straighten out our country and actually fulfill his promises?I'm still waiting for one. Some argue Reagan did, but the only real problem we had was that we were in a funk and needed a president that believed in the country. That bully pulpit is a scarey powerful thing.

I like Tina Fey more than Palin, though Palin can be funnier. The most amusing thing is that the media pay so much attention to her.
along-for-the-ride

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Any public figure, be it politician or comedian, has to present a certain amount of self-confidence and spunk. Sarah Palin has a strong personality and is attractive, but those are not qualifications for the Presidency.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
flopstock

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by flopstock »

along-for-the-ride;1361365 wrote: Any public figure, be it politician or comedian, has to present a certain amount of self-confidence and spunk. Sarah Palin has a strong personality and is attractive, but those are not qualifications for the Presidency.

It may not qualify you to do the job, but unfortunately it's all that is required to get elected.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Ahso!

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by Ahso! »

flopstock;1361368 wrote: It may not qualify you to do the job, but unfortunately it's all that is required to get elected.Well, all she'd need to do is read conservative blogs for direction, no - those folks know how to run the country, don't they? You conservatives on FG could send Palin links on a daily basis. That should work.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by Accountable »

flopstock;1361368 wrote: [QUOTE=along-for-the-ride;1361365]Any public figure, be it politician or comedian, has to present a certain amount of self-confidence and spunk. Sarah Palin has a strong personality and is attractive, but those are not qualifications for the Presidency.It may not qualify you to do the job, but unfortunately it's all that is required to get elected.[/QUOTE]And lacking those qualities can keep you from getting elected, no matter how good your ideas.

Ahso!

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by Ahso! »

Accountable;1361377 wrote: And lacking those qualities can keep you from getting elected, no matter how good your ideas.That's a difficult case to make considering the republican party nominated John McCain last time.

I think it's more accurate to say that the republican party rejects Paul's ideas, and that it's his fault for remaining a republican. He could have become an independent (or whatever) after establishing himself as an incumbent, but he chose not to, and that may be due to wanting to see his son elected.

Either way, if Paul can't see straight enough to realize what party is and isn't his, why should anyone entrust him with the presidency?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
bobmielke

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by bobmielke »

All your comments on my posts appear to be antagonistic. I will treat them as such.
Accountable

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by Accountable »

bobmielke;1361392 wrote: All your comments on my posts appear to be antagonistic. I will treat them as such.
Since I'm the only one in this thread that has quoted your post, can I assume this is directed at me? If so, you have an odd definition of antagonistic, but I spose you can define anything however you wish. I certainly haven't written anything in response to you with the slightest antagonism in my heart. Could it be that you've seen my (unmistakable) antagonism toward someone else and have read that emotion into all of my posts? (rhetorical question)
bobmielke

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by bobmielke »

My statement was not directed at you at all Accountable. The person in question has been dealt with appropriately. Thank you for your comments. They are always welcome.
BeccaRachel

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by BeccaRachel »

bobmielke;1361392 wrote: All your comments on my posts appear to be antagonistic. I will treat them as such.

Bob, I've tried to warn you. This is an Anti-American, Anti-God board.

Ahso is a hired hand who clings to her high-school crush, spot. I don't know if anyone else would have told you, so I did. I think you're here with good intentions but you'll find that not welcome, in the long run. Don't "invest"... is my best advice. Be very cautious and don't "invest."
bobmielke

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by bobmielke »

I did not realize that Ahsole was a female, not that it really matters in the end. I blocked "it"!
BeccaRachel

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by BeccaRachel »

bobmielke;1361444 wrote: I did not realize that Ahsole was a female, not that it really matters in the end. I blocked "it"!

You're not the first to block it. All she does is scrape up spot's poo and beg for recognition. (I noticed that in the first 2 weeks of reading.)

It's shameful, but entertaining, on a sick kind of level. You'll have that on the world wide web. lol
Accountable

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by Accountable »

bobmielke;1361418 wrote: My statement was not directed at you at all Accountable. The person in question has been dealt with appropriately. Thank you for your comments. They are always welcome.Oh. Okay. Thanks! :-6
Sheryl

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by Sheryl »

I'm dreading the presidential circus. The current system is broke, both parties are a bunch of good ol' boys worried more about the needs of those that line their campaign budget pockets, rather than the actual citizens of this country. The current budget illustrates this.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
flopstock

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by flopstock »

Sheryl;1363390 wrote: I'm dreading the presidential circus. The current system is broke, both parties are a bunch of good ol' boys worried more about the needs of those that line their campaign budget pockets, rather than the actual citizens of this country. The current budget illustrates this.

We need a ross perot
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Ahso!

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by Ahso! »

Sheryl;1363390 wrote: I'm dreading the presidential circus. The current system is broke, both parties are a bunch of good ol' boys worried more about the needs of those that line their campaign budget pockets, rather than the actual citizens of this country. The current budget illustrates this.A capitalist would, of course, think the American political system is working exactly as it should, no?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
flopstock

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by flopstock »

perot was right

‪Giant Sucking Sound - Ross Perot 1992 Presidential Debate.flv‬‏ - YouTube

LarsMac

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by LarsMac »

a lesson there.

Whenever you meet a crazy person, you should probably stop and listen to them. They usually have something important to say.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by gmc »

LarsMac;1363406 wrote: a lesson there.

Whenever you meet a crazy person, you should probably stop and listen to them. They usually have something important to say.

There's a few million Norwegians who might disagree with you on that one.
Sheryl

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by Sheryl »

Ahso!;1363401 wrote: A capitalist would, of course, think the American political system is working exactly as it should, no?

They would.

my son
Ahso!

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by Ahso! »

Sheryl;1363528 wrote: They would.I take it then you're not a capitalist. What is your political position or affiliation?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Sheryl

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by Sheryl »

Middle of the road..I'm conservative on some issues, liberal on others!

my son
gmc

Sarah Palin vs Tina Fey

Post by gmc »

Ahso!;1363401 wrote: A capitalist would, of course, think the American political system is working exactly as it should, no?

Actually a capitalist wouldn't think that, at least not one worthy of the name. You have bastard form of it called corporatism that has been prevalent in the past. . Usually it ends with a bankrupt economy and widespread unrest as the balance of power shifts itself back to the middle.

In Class Warfare, Guess Which Class Is Winning - New York Times

“There’s class warfare, all right,” Mr. Buffett said, “but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

Power to the people, actually they have it they've just been convinced they shouldn't use it.

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”