Obama's birth certificate

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

It appears Obama has released his birth certificate. Okay great, but why wait 2-3 years when he could have done it earlier and squashed the rumors?

White House releases Obama birth certificate - Yahoo! News

spot

Post by spot »

Had to wait for the ink to dry, obviously.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

spot;1358253 wrote: Had to wait for the ink to dry, obviously.

It does at least look very well preserved.
spot

Post by spot »

I'm astonished at the "Race of Father" and "Race of Mother" boxes. Do new US certificates have them, out of interest?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

spot;1358259 wrote: I'm astonished at the "Race of Father" and "Race of Mother" boxes. Do new US certificates have them, out of interest?

It appears this info is still being given.

Sample Birth Certificate
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

It appears Obama has released his birth certificate. Okay great, but why wait 2-3 years when he could have done it earlier and squashed the rumors?
I think they believed all the nut cases would get bored of the thing and move on by now.

Instead, they just attracted more and bigger nuts.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Post by gmc »

I'm surprised the race of father is put down as african. I know one or two white south africans that might be a bit upset, not to mention a few egyptians, libyans, algerians---.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

My job in Personnel involves processing newhires. They must present valid ID's that show identity and eligibility to work. Where is the certification seal on the birth certificate?
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

along-for-the-ride;1358278 wrote: Where is the certification seal on the birth certificate?

Oh no.....here we go again.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
along-for-the-ride

Bruv;1358286 wrote: Oh no.....here we go again.

:wah:

Alas, on our news a moment ago, a reporter stated that she did run her fingers over the raised seal. So, evidently there is one, it just doesn't show up in the photo.
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

I doubt that this will end the accusations, because it wasn't really about the birth certificate. Mr Trump is now questioning Obama's academic credentials because Mr Trump says Obama "isn't very intelligent". Palin is questioning whether Obama actually wrote his books. Orly Taitz is talking about "the missing 2 years". The rest of the usual suspects are still trying to think up something to undermine Obama's legitimacy. I have no doubt that it will continue as long as he is president.
spot

Post by spot »

Grammatical extempore articulation is a respectable indication of intelligence. Is Donald Trump articulate, out of interest?

I think the only clip of Sarah Palin I've ever seen was an occasion where she pardoned a thanksgiving turkey without checking over her shoulder first. She runs George W a close second in the inarticulacy stakes and my word she's even more of a pushover when it comes to getting set up for a pratfall. Not even "Mission Accomplished" was in the same comedic league.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

This certificate seems to be in great condition from the '60's.

The embossment should show and or a gold seal.?

This issue will never stop. As far as stating race - that's usually on all documents.

Trump is a fool - I think his arrogant attitude will back fire & bite him on his A$$.

Patsy
Scrat

Post by Scrat »

If you were him would you really take such things seriously? President or not I'd deck somebody before I responded to the lunatic nonsense. That retard Trump is already crowing about it with the wholehearted ear of the media. I know it's not over, it will never stop and it will probably get worse.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Scrat

I was very surprised that Obama bothered to produce a certificate to of all people Trump.

Trivial B.S. too little too late - Obama is already Pres. why bother.

Trump is probably helping Obama to get re-elected.

Obama shouldn't of responded - just steal the rest of Trumps hair.

Patsy
Lon

Post by Lon »

While Obama's under graduate grades were less than exciting, he did graduate from Harvard magna cum laude. Not at all unusual for many students.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Patsy Warnick;1358298 wrote: This certificate seems to be in great condition from the '60's.

The embossment should show and or a gold seal.?

This issue will never stop. As far as stating race - that's usually on all documents.

Trump is a fool - I think his arrogant attitude will back fire & bite him on his A$$.

Patsy

Should be in good shape since they never let it out of the archive room.

As for the seal, it is usually just an impress on the paper.

When I made a photo copy of my certified copy, the seal does not show up.

In the early sixties, almost all states included race. Some states have since abandoned that field.

As for Trump, I completely agree.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

LarsMac

All certificates with a Embassed Seal will show up - and within that Seal will be the State Signature of some type.

If you make a copy of such it will show high & low and that State Signature in the middle of the embossed area.

The area will be at the bottom of the certificate

NO Certificate is legitimate without this Seal

States are not allowed to release a Certificate of this nature without a SEAL.

Patsy
gmc

Post by gmc »

It's flat out racism isn't it? Would they have asked a white man to produce his birth certificate in the same manner? Maybe americans should start their own trip up trump campaign.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

The best theory I read , was all this is Obama led, a convoluted conspiracy theory and a half.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Post by spot »

This is the same chap who caused all those tornadoes this week is it?
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

From an outsider looking in.. don’t you think that this is not the stupidest thing you have ever heard.

The most powerful man in the world,

running a country that is in a financial crisis,

needing to waste his time hunting around for a birth certificate…

Absurd

and you wonder why there are problems....
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

It is part of an age old strategy. First you attempt to de-legitimize and de-humanize your opponent in the process of creating a black and white enemy image of them. Thus, what they say or do does not matter. History is full of examples of this strategy.

The other part of the current strategy is to create a distraction to avoid discussing the real issues. As the opposition party candidates gear up for the primary process, the longer they can keep the public focussed on the non-isuues, the longer they can avoid defining their differences from each other. By keeping the dialogue away from any specifics, they present the illusion of a unified front against the fictional enemy image they have created.
along-for-the-ride

" is to create a distraction to avoid discussing the real issues. As the opposition party candidates gear up for the primary process, the longer they can keep the public focussed on the non-isuues, the longer they can avoid defining their differences from each other. By keeping the dialogue away from any specifics, they present the illusion of a unified front against the fictional enemy image they have created. "

I agree. This is exactly what is happening. Let's Trip the Trump. or Let's Dump the Trump.
spot

Post by spot »

along-for-the-ride;1358341 wrote: I agree. This is exactly what is happening. Let's Trip the Trump. or Let's Dump the Trump.

Are policies irrelevant? I've read his platform and there's nothing on it that I've not recommended as necessary within America.
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

gmc

It's a little late for the Race Card don't ya think?

Trump is stirring up B.S. and shouldn't get any attention.

Trump isn't presenting serious issues to take a platform to run for Pres. he's a fool, and Trump certainly doesn't want to open his closets to the public.

Patsy
gmc

Post by gmc »

Patsy Warnick;1358347 wrote: gmc

Trump isn't presenting serious issues to take a platform to run for Pres. he's a fool, and Trump certainly doesn't want to open his closets to the public.

Patsy

I don't know. I'm not american so I was just asking what you lot thought. Had he been white would the matter even have been raised. Trump is part german part scots he's the son of immigrants just as Obama is where's his certificate? Mind you he seems to have only recently discovered his scots connection when he decided he wanted to build a golf course.

It just seems such an incredible non issue how can people come to believe he could get nominated in the first place without something like that being checked out thoroughly? I suppose now the birthers? will think they have a champion to stand for them as president.
Wandrin

Post by Wandrin »

Here's a funny little side note. In 2003 the Republicans introduced bills to allow non-citizens to become president. They thought that one of the pseudo-celebrities of the time, Arnold Swarzenegger, might be able to win if he ran for president in 2008, thus they sought to change the law. Many of the same politicians that supported this in 2003 are now loudly questioning Obama's right to be president.

Mr Trump and the network that airs his "celebrity" show are refusing to answer the simple question of whether he has signed a contract to renew that teevee show for next year. If he has signed the contract, it would be very clear that he has no intention of actually running and he would get less publicity (which is what I think he is after).
gmc

Post by gmc »

Hope for your sake trump doesn't get anywhere as a presidential candidate. He looks serious about it.

Trump wants all of Iraq's oil for the U.S. - UPI.com

The irony is you can trace the decline in the american economy and the transfer of jobs abroad back to reagan and the rise of corparatism in the US. Why is he such a hero to americans?
yaaarrrgg

Post by yaaarrrgg »

gmc;1358417 wrote: Hope for your sake trump doesn't get anywhere as a presidential candidate. He looks serious about it.

Trump wants all of Iraq's oil for the U.S. - UPI.com

The irony is you can trace the decline in the american economy and the transfer of jobs abroad back to reagan and the rise of corparatism in the US. Why is he such a hero to americans?

Very true. I wonder the same thing about Reagan ... people who think he was a good president haven't actually looked at what he did to the national debt.

The interesting thing about Trump is he privately admitted that Obama was born in the U.S., then went on to question his citizenship. Which I think means he's acting like a paranoid racist with the intent of winning over the rural base of the GOP party. Either that, or he's losing his marbles. I think he's got a fair shot of winning the GOP primary at the very least.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Patsy Warnick;1358347 wrote: gmc

Patsy

Sadly, GMC has a point. The Race card has been on the table ever since we elected Mr Obama. Millions of Americans on both sides of the race issues have been playing that card for all it's worth.

As Wandrin pointed out, it was not long ago, many of Obama's detractors were lining up to modify the Constitution to Bring the Governator to the dance.

The Donald has little chance of making it past the Iowa Caucus, I hope. He seems to be enjoying stirring the pot.

The good news, IMHO, is that his presence on the stage seems to have knocked Ms Sarah off her pedestal.

The irony is that the actual guy who appears to be most likely to take center in the Republican play is Gingrich ( Possible Presidential Candidate Newt Gingrich - The Dark Side )who lead the charge to impeach Pres. Clinton for fooling around with Ms Lewinski.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Trump the business tycoon is known for filing bankruptcy's and collecting women.

How many times has he married..? He wouldn't get the womans vote.

How many business deals failed? How could he run a country?

A serious candidate wouldn't push a race card - He's a fool with a big mouth needing attention.

LarsMar - as you stated WE elected Obama. We wouldn't be electing Trump.

Patsy
Patsy Warnick

Post by Patsy Warnick »

May 1, 2011

Now President Obama will have a special news announcement which will interfere with

Trumps show Apprentice.

Who Trumps Who..?

Patsy
gmc

Post by gmc »

YouTube - President Obama at the 2011 White House Correspondents' Dinner

It's ironic that he fetes the conceopt of free speech and the importance of jouirnalism and a free press yet is trying to shut up wikileaks and holding whistleblowers without trial. Seems speech is free so long as it doesn't criticise the united states in any way.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

And here is why he released this last week.

bi laden and Friends were probably sitting around the living room marveling at the idiocy of their enemy. while they are planning great acts of terror, the foolish americans are busy bickering about birth certificates.

then there is a knock on the door and they think it is domino's pizza....
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Post by spot »

In British politics we have an expression, a "good day to bury bad news". It means releasing something you don't want to have discussed into a period where you know a bigger story's going to hog the headlines for a while.

That's why he released this last week.
gmc

Post by gmc »

spot;1358565 wrote: In British politics we have an expression, a "good day to bury bad news". It means releasing something you don't want to have discussed into a period where you know a bigger story's going to hog the headlines for a while.

That's why he released this last week.

He didn't have to release it at all, only the lunatic fringe think it is an issue in the first place. I think this part was a well planned exercise to shut up Donald trump and the birthers once and for all - The best weapon against a political opponent is laughter. The mission to get Bin laden could have gone badly wrong for him credit for him for having the nerve to go for it.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Oh who cares.
spot

Post by spot »

fuzzywuzzy;1358574 wrote: Oh who cares.

Prisoners of conscience are currently in jail for caring about this specific issue, it obviously matters a lot to them.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

spot;1358577 wrote: Prisoners of conscience are currently in jail for caring about this specific issue, it obviously matters a lot to them.

Yeah, okay - which issue?
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

spot

Post by spot »

flopstock;1358580 wrote: Yeah, okay - which issue?

Whether Barrack Obama is constitutionally eligible to be the current President of the USA and consequently Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces, or whether his commands to the military are invalid.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

spot;1358577 wrote: Prisoners of conscience are currently in jail for caring about this specific issue, it obviously matters a lot to them.

was just thinking that myself .

for me I don't care if he was born a Yank or not ...he's the American president for how many years now ? ..be done with it already.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

And so these prisoners of concience...are they for Obama or against?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

mikeinie;1358323 wrote: From an outsider looking in.. don’t you think that this is not the stupidest thing you have ever heard.

The most powerful man in the world,

running a country that is in a financial crisis,

needing to waste his time hunting around for a birth certificate…

Absurd

and you wonder why there are problems....

What I find absurd is having the most powerful man in the world and yet people are suggesting that he cannot even have a birth certificate forged well enough for a photo' of it to be able to fool the man-in-the-street?
gmc

Post by gmc »

spot;1358581 wrote: Whether Barrack Obama is constitutionally eligible to be the current President of the USA and consequently Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces, or whether his commands to the military are invalid.

So who exactly is a prisoner of conscience over this issue?

postd by bryn mawr

What I find absurd is having the most powerful man in the world and yet people are suggesting that he cannot even have a birth certificate forged well enough for a photo' of it to be able to fool the man-in-the-street?

What I find absurd is that what seem to be the village idiots get so much air time over this. I suppose it's progress if they can't openly say they don't want a coloured man running the country. or maybe not.

Rachel Maddow Show
spot

Post by spot »

gmc;1358632 wrote: So who exactly is a prisoner of conscience over this issue?Military affirms Army birther’s sentence is an example.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

spot;1358633 wrote: Military affirms Army birther’s sentence is an example.If I got deployment orders, I'd become a birther in a heartbeat. For some reason is more acceptable to say you won't serve the president than that you either won't serve the cause or are simply afraid to go.

spot

Post by spot »

flopstock;1358658 wrote: If I got deployment orders, I'd become a birther in a heartbeat. For some reason is more acceptable to say you won't serve the president than that you either won't serve the cause or are simply afraid to go.

I'm trying to envisage a role in which you might be called upon to provide comfort to the troops, flopster. Is it a position you've found yourself in previously?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

gmc;1358632 wrote: So who exactly is a prisoner of conscience over this issue?

postd by bryn mawr

What I find absurd is that what seem to be the village idiots get so much air time over this. I suppose it's progress if they can't openly say they don't want a coloured man running the country. or maybe not.

Rachel Maddow Show

It's worse than that! He's, he's (whisper it quietly) he's a Democrat 8-O
gmc

Post by gmc »

How long do you think before someone suggests obama was in league with the pakistanis concealing OBL until the most opportune time to find him? It's all a plot to keep Donald trump out of the whitehouse.

It's always puzzled me why are the republican colours red? Everywhere else in the world red is the left, the colour of revolution, revolutuionary red not reactionary.

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”