The Moon Landings were a Hoax?!

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

They teach in the schools that the moon landings are real, part of the basic science curriculum that I have taught for over a decade. The kids always pop up with the same comments, it's a hoax, I saw it on a TV show, etc. After a gentle smile of amusement, I then tell them the difference between reality and cospiracy theories-using examples of urban legends from around their own city. I always save for the last week of school one of my favorite movies about space to show them, Apollo 13. Usually while other teachers are showing the latest DVD flick, or stuffing them full of junk food, my students get really involved in what is going to happen to the 3 astronauts in the imperiled capsule. Real life heroes still influence our lives, and the moon landing and it's gallant crew are some of the greatest!
Johnny 5

Post by Johnny 5 »

So here's the deal. We "DID" land on the moon. It was a real event. And any claims otherwise basically have yet to actually prove that claim.

We spent billions of dollars and we went through alot of different designs. But the fact remains we did land on the moon and you would have better luck proving that Aliens exist then "disproving" our moon landing.
Galbally

Post by Galbally »

Most conspiracy theories are nonsense, but this has to be the all time greatest, well maybe the one about President Bush being the mastermind behind Sept 11th is almost up there as well. 40,000 people worked on the Apollo program, how could all of them have been misled for at least a decade and beyond? If it was a hoax, why did they keep on doing it and increase the chances of being caught out? Is every senior member of NASA lying about this for the last 36 years? Considering that Bill Clinton couldn't hide the fact he got a blow job, how could such a massive hoax ever have suceeded? I really don't know how people could be taken in by such guff. I usually don't even engage these arguments cause they are such rubbish, but this one really gets me going. People really will believe anything if you keep a straight face.

Anyway I was talking to Elvis the other day, nice man, lives on the Sea of Tranquility with Adolf and Gene Roddenberry (p.s. Star Trek is actually stananist propaganda). He told me that the Alien/Human cross-breeding program is going well, (Jimi Hendrix is the supervisor); the JFK-Britney secret marraige is a very happy one, and that Al Queda (who are of course funded by the Jews and actually led by Lee Harvey Oswald's astral body) have just raised the titanic (which never really sank, that was a CIA cover up) , filled it with Nukes, and are ready to sail her to New Orleans (do you really think Katrina was an act of God, foolish mortals, it was a SIGNAL, that "The Matrix" is all true!). BTW Australia actually doesn't exist, its a capitalist/imperalist/communist/fascist/liberal, media lie (and if any Aussies deny this it just means they are in on it, they are all actually living in Iceland and the secret kepers of the DaVinci Code). You know I think I could make more money making this up than denying it, no really, there are so many suckers in the world.

And they say that Hallucenogenic drugs don't have a downside eh?
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
pina

Post by pina »

[quote=Galbally

Anyway I was talking to Elvis the other day, nice man, lives on the Sea of Tranquility with Adolf and Gene Roddenberry (p.s. Star Trek is actually stananist propaganda). He told me that the Alien/Human cross-breeding program is going well, (Jimi Hendrix is the supervisor); the JFK-Britney secret marraige is a very happy one, and that Al Queda (who are of course funded by the Jews and actually led by Lee Harvey Oswald's astral body) have just raised the titanic, filled it with Nukes, and are ready to sail her to New Orleans (do you really think Katrina was an act of God, foolish mortals?). And they say that Hallucenogenic drugs don't have a downside eh?

I Believe everything you say.:wah:

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”