The Moon Landings were a Hoax?!

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
john8pies

Post by john8pies »

undefined

Yes, when Americans made it to the Moon by space-rocket for the first time ever, over 35 years ago, it was actually a fake according to several conspiracy theorists.

The whole thing was actually filmed in a studio, and was faked so that it made it look like the States reached the Moon before the Russians, so they say.

I`m uncertain as to all the evidence (but there appear to be plenty of websites about it) but apparently the `key` facts (speculation) are that the shadows are all wrong, the `moon jumps` wouldn`t really happen like that, there was insufficient atmosphere to support human life even for a short time, and , in the visor of the `spaceman`s helmet` you could actually see the reflection of something in another part of the studio!

Oh, and just for good measure, the Russian who would have got there before the Americans actually had a nervous breakdown following a crash and ended up in a mental hospital (so they say)

Any comments, information, further details most welcome. :-6
Jives

Post by Jives »

john8pies wrote:

Yes, when Americans made it to the Moon by space-rocket for the first time ever, over 35 years ago, it was actually a fake according to several conspiracy theorists.

yeah right. And the Space Shuttle program is computer animated. Get real.

The whole thing was actually filmed in a studio, and was faked so that it made it look like the States reached the Moon before the Russians, so they say.

I'm glad yo are putting "so they say" and that kind of thing on this shabby excuse for a thread, John. Because if you were actually spouting this incredible idiocy, I'd have to take you to task.

John, I've had the pleasure of meeting a couple of our astronauts. I've spoken to John Glenn, and met Neil Armstrong. I even flew a couple of missions in the Air Force with Chuck Yeager himself. (His mom lived in Enid, Oklahoma and he regularly came to see her and guest missioned with the pilots of the 8th FTS at Vance AFB)

I'm not sure you've thought of this, so let me say it straght out. When you post this kind of ridiculous trash, you are calling great, honorable, intelligent, courageous men LIARS!

Trust me, John...these guys are anything but liars. They are some of the most incredible men you will ever meet, and to cast aspersions on their great names, and the name of this country, is a terrible crime.

I've been to the Cape Kennedy Space Center and seen the actual spacecraft. It's real. I can tell you this for a fact because I have two Electrical Engineering degrees.

the insecure, paranoid jerks that post this stuff are just jealous America-bashers of the worst sort. Since they will never amount to anything in their lives, they contend that the greatest achievement of mankind never happened.

Sour Grapes.

Now go ahead and say, "Oh I didn't say it, I just heard it somewhere."

So that I can reply to you, "You passed it along." :mad:
All the world's a stage and the men and women merely players...Shakespeare
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

you go Jives! ...my Dad and my Uncle were integral members of the space program from its inception and i for one think this "theory" is a load of bollocks. i grew up on NASA>>>>>>>>>>
Philadelphia Eagle

Post by Philadelphia Eagle »

I've heard some ridiculous things in my life and this thread posted by John is right up there.

You've read the responses by Jives and LC and I don't intend to legitimize your garbage, John, with further comment except to say what you are posting on an American internet site.

If you really believe any of the rubbish you've posted I feel genuinely sorry for you.

A relative of mine risked his life in space carrying out repairs to the now defunct Soviet Space Station.

Your obvious inferiority complex is no excuse for your rantings.

If you cannot stop trying to embarass you hosts please stay away.
America the Beautiful :-6

website - home.comcast.net/~nmusgrave/
Jives

Post by Jives »

Are you getting the message yet, John?

It's offensive to us for you to slam our heros. These are men and women, Americans all, who risked everything, including their lives for the advancement of mankind. The revolutions in medicine and technology have benefitted all of humanity beyond all comprehension.

Your life and mine are better for their efforts. In the entire spectrun of human history, the Moon landings rank as the single greatest achievement ever. To say that it was faked is the literary equivalent of calling Hitler a "nice man" or saying that the Holocaust "never happened."

For your next act, why not call the Pope a pedophile? That would be par for the course. :-5

(Congratulations, you are the very first person to ever make me use that "head-banging" smiley.)
koan

Post by koan »

Keep in mind, John didn't make this up himself and anyone coming across it for the first time is bound to be surprised and curious.
turbonium

Post by turbonium »

Hey, come on , you guys - ease up on the bashing!! John is NOT bringing up something that hasn't been questioned by literally thousands of other people (yes, many of which are American)! Is the Moon landing topic an untouchable?? I mean, it IS a free country, right? With everyone entitled to their own opinions?

I do believe the astronauts were and are men of great character, they were NASA's cream of the crop, and their accomplishments pre-Apollo are never in question as to their brilliance. But if (I say IF) the landings were hoaxed, these men would no doubt be compromised beyond belief to uphold the hoax. It would at least explain the strangely subdued way they looked and responded at the press conferences after the missions - men of integrity WOULD act that way. Even though they would be sworn to maintain the story, their body language could be speaking volumes!?! It's not the astronauts that should be dumped on IF the landings were a hoax, it should be their bosses at NASA!

Now, as for criticism, I'll let these quotes speak for themselves.....

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."

-Theodore Roosevelt

"A society that will trade a little liberty for a little order will lose both, and deserve neither" - Thomas Jefferson

"During times of war, hatred becomes quite respectable even though it has to masquerade often under the guise of patriotism."

-Howard Thurman

"Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong."

-James Bryce

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."

-Samuel Johnson
hotsauce

Post by hotsauce »

Okay...I was surprised and curious the first time I read about this.
Jives

Post by Jives »

koan wrote: Keep in mind, John didn't make this up himself and anyone coming across it for the first time is bound to be surprised and curious.

Yeah, I know Koan....it's just disappointing and depressing that this kind of thing could be perpetuated at all.

I'm not mad at him, but let's get this straight everyone...it is true. The Apollo Missions were mankind's greatest hour. Passing this on, even questioning it, is an insult to the honor of the whole country and all of it's citizens.

This strikes to the very soul of all that is good in America. I won't dismiss it, and I won't downplay it. We did walkon the Moon. There are the footprints of great Americans on the lunar basin at Tranquility base. Footprints that will go down in the history of mankind forever.

A testament to the greatness of human spirit and the striving of the human soul. And it's just the beginning.......

We will return to the Moon. And reach out to the asteroid belts. Man cannot be grounded to this small planet forever, someday we will stretch out to the stars. It's already happening:

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/s ... 00816.html

The technology is new, but one day we will ride the Time Dilation Effect on wings of Ions.

We will challenge the very Angels themselves!!

...and this discussion? The small voices that propose to stop the advancement, belittle the achievements, repudiate the greatness, and sidestep destiny?

They will fade into the blackness. :cool:
turbonium

Post by turbonium »

Passing this on, even questioning it, is an insult to the honor of the whole country and all of it's citizens.

Jives, you are obviously passionate in your views about the Apollo missions, and I respect you for that. But to call those who question it an insult to the US and its citizens does not, in my opinion, do service and justice to the great and free Republic of The United States of America. If you missed my quotes on patriotism, have a look at them - in a nutshell, they say that if all those within a nation are taken to task and scorned for disagreeing with the 'official' views of those in power, you have very nearly reached a state of fascism. I think you would agree that a totalitarian nation would not be a very pleasant reality...
Bothwell

Post by Bothwell »

Should not worry too much guys and gals, we will have JFK, Marilyn, Hoffa et al showing up soon, we had Lady Di on another thred. I dont think I have ever been on a board where someone did not put these old chestnuts up.

Now the serious business,Jives, YOU FLEW WITH CHUCK YEAGER!!!!!!!!!! I am not worthy.

I went to Cape Canavaral last time I was in Fla and it was fantastic, they even had an astronaut giving a Q and A session to the public.
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
smithy87

Post by smithy87 »

Being on neutral ground here I don't think John intended to offend or upset anyone. Whether or not he believes the conspiracy theory is upto him, but this is a forum after all a place for us to discuss, argue, agree and laugh over many topics. There are many tv shows about stuff like this (Diana, The Titanic etc) that make people more curious to other sides of a story. True or not the theories are out there
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

What.. the moon landings were not real. No way. I was totally convinced that we were there. Puleeeezze.. these supposed theories are nothing but B.S. It is like saying the Titanic didn't sink.. Elvis is still alive... I have yet to see one that is supported by any kind of actual evidence. I read about this moon landings hoax along time ago.. in fact if I remember correctly it was in that fine upstanding paragon of journalistic integrity.. the "World Weekly News".... yep.. and Bat boy was there with Neil and the boys..

Oh.. and Turbonium.. yep those are great quotes. They get republished here everytime someone is criticized or someone feels that free speech rights have been infringed upon. Please..find some new ones.. these are becoming increasingly boring.
Feed your spirit by living near it -- Magic Hat Brewery bottle cap
john8pies

Post by john8pies »

Thank you Koan, Turbonium and Smithy87 who did at least listen to what I originally said, "ie, I have HEARD / there are INTERNET SITES reporting / DAVID ICKE in his book states....." At NO TIME did I slur the good name of any brave men; I asked rational human beings to join in a considered debate on a chat forum entitled ` CONSPIRACY THEORIES`
john8pies

Post by john8pies »

Sorry, pressed `post reply` too early....what I was going on to say was that I respect all opinions (no matter how diabolical some may appear to others)...so please hold back from criticising me for stating somebody else`s opinions and asking for your own!

Yes, there are sites about Princess Diana, Marilyn Monroe, etc, too, so why not just discuss them in a civilised and friendly manner rather than automatically accept all that was said at face value by the establishment (eg, President Nixon and the Watergate tapes!)
greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

Well John8...

We can discuss conspiracies in genteel manner.. but if you want to debate something that borders on the absurd be prepared to catch atlittle heat for it. There are sites that deal with the personalities that you mention.. along with Area 51, Bigfoot, The Loch Ness Monster, JFK... etc etc etc... but as an observation the Nixon tapes were fact.. he ordered the break in.. recorded his meetings and was a power hungry vampire.. prolly bordering on insanity.. I would love to know what was said on the "accidently erased minutes.. ". So.. my advice to you is either grow some thick skin or debate back with facts.. not other peoples information or views on a subject. do you believe that the landings were a hoax..??
Jives

Post by Jives »

turbonium wrote: Jives, you are obviously passionate in your views about the Apollo missions, and I respect you for that.

Thanks you, it's easy to be passionate about heroic events.

But to call those who question it an insult to the US and its citizens does not, in my opinion, do service and justice to the great and free Republic of The United States of America.

Wrong, Turbo. What we have is not someone questioning the ideals or policies of this country. He is questioning the actual, well-documented events of history. And that is insulting in it's ignorance. It's not like there's any debate here. If I had said, "The Sun came up yesterday" and you questioned it, the sheer ignorance of that question would be insulting.

If you missed my quotes on patriotism, have a look at them - in a nutshell, they say that if all those within a nation are taken to task and scorned for disagreeing with the 'official' views of those in power, you have very nearly reached a state of fascism. I think you would agree that a totalitarian nation would not be a very pleasant reality...

Nice leap of logic there....He says history didn't take place, I say it did and I'm now a Nazi. LOL!

Are you implying that there is another view besides the official one? There's not. Just plain idiocy, that's not a view. Are you trying to give credence to his ridiculous theory? How about I propose that kittens and puppies live on Mars? The official view is that they don't but hey! They might be wrong! Hahahahaha It's absurd.

Your misguided attempts to sheild him from what you percieve as my attack on his freedom of speech is commendable. But unfortunately, what I'm attacking is his supreme ignorance.

You shouldn't be defending that....ever.
Jives

Post by Jives »

Bothwell wrote:

Now the serious business,Jives, YOU FLEW WITH CHUCK YEAGER!!!!!!!!!! I am not worthy.

Yeah! He is totally cool! He came into the pattern one day in his own T-38 Talon. ( It has a beautiful paint job of red, white, and blue with stars.) Now... you don't just bust into an Air force pattern without permission, but he did it. I was in the SOF shack that day on extra duty, and RAPCON reported that an unknown T-38 was entering the traffic area. I called him up on GUARD and he replies, "This is General Yeager, may I please have permission to enter your pattern?"

I looked at the other lieutenant and he was flabberghasted. He looked at me and said, "What should we do? He doesn't have clearance!" I told him, "It's General Yeager! Chuck Yeager! What do ya want to do? Tell him no? Give him clearance! I'll take the responsibility!

To make a long story short, he was there to see his mother, and he hung out with us at the "Touch and Go" for a while, then flew with my flight on formation flying practice that day. We were still green and bouncing all around in the formation, but Gen Yeager looked like he was magnetically locked in position.

He's a really laid back guy, you know? One of thsoe men who has seen it all and has nothing left to prove.

I went to Cape Canavaral last time I was in Fla and it was fantastic, they even had an astronaut giving a Q and A session to the public.

So did the astronaut seem like a liar to you? :cool:
TMC

Post by TMC »

The Brits were the first nation to put a man on the moon.

A few years back, one of our tabloids produced photographic evidence of a London bus parked on the moon, It's therefore logical to assume that the bus driver came from London. :driving:
Jives

Post by Jives »

skittles2004 wrote: Who's Chuck whatever his last name is?

He's the greatest pilot, IMO, that ever lived. The guy who has "The Right Stuff"

He's the first man to break the sound barrier, Skittles.:D
Jives

Post by Jives »

TMC wrote: The Brits were the first nation to put a man on the moon.

A few years back, one of our tabloids produced photographic evidence of a London bus parked on the moon, It's therefore logical to assume that the bus driver came from London. :driving:

Now that's some SERIOUS gas mileage!
john8pies

Post by john8pies »

re. TMC - yes, I saw THAT article in the Sunday Sport, too - hilarious (do you think he turned right instead of left at Picadilly and so just ended up on the moon?)!

And Greydeadhead - it had never even OCCURED to me that the moon landings might be faked until about 5 or 6 years ago, when I first started reading such stuff. Perhaps being open to new ideas and sources leads to a more interesting life!
john8pies

Post by john8pies »

Jives, it is NOT supreme ignorance to bring to the attention of a discussion group about conspiracy theories, details about an alleged conspiracy which can be found in books, on the internet, and elsewhere.

For your information, I am a qualified doctor and a member of MENSA and NOT "ignorant" - but I do enjoy DISCUSSION with other rational beings - but please desist from your personal attacks. (I actually LOVE America and wouldn`t dream of denigrating it)
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

While this is a very humorous thread, and I got a great giggle out of the whole thing, what I find most distressing is that Skittles didn't know who Chuck Yeager is!! Skittles, I know you're young, but, damn!! What kind of history are they teaching in your school? (That's not a shot at you, I really am curious how you could have gotten to high school and not heard of Chuck Yeager.)

And John? Welcome to FG. Don't think I've seen you around these parts before. :yh_peace
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

greydeadhead

Post by greydeadhead »

Well. John8..

Thanks.. but I am open to new ideas and I lead a very interesting and inquisitive life.. but you ignored the question I asked you .. do you believe that the landings were a hoax.

As far as being able to conduct a rational, intelligent discussion, well. I don't think that flashing professional credentials or memberships in some special group is gonna help ya. As I said earlier.. if you are going to attempt to discuss events that appear absurd or irrational to others you have to be ready to take the heat. Personally, if you want to believe that the moon landings were a hoax, and that Bat boy was behind the conspiracy .. that is your perogative...
Jives

Post by Jives »

john8pies wrote: Jives, it is NOT supreme ignorance to bring to the attention of a discussion group about conspiracy theories, details about an alleged conspiracy which can be found in books, on the internet, and elsewhere.

John, it's disrespectful to some very great men. What if I propose that Abraham Lincoln was gay? Or that George Washington was retarded? Or that John F. Kennedy was an alien? What is the constructive point of tearing down the accomplishments of our great leaders? Because that's what propagating this "theory" does.

Just like the little girl that spreads rumors that her friend is an easy lay, the destructiveness of this kind of gossip grows with each new reader.

For your information, I am a qualified doctor and a member of MENSA and NOT "ignorant" - but I do enjoy DISCUSSION with other rational beings - but please desist from your personal attacks. (I actually LOVE America and wouldn`t dream of denigrating it)

OK, reread my posts, where does it ever say that you, personally, are ignorant? I said that this idea was ignorant and destructive. Not you. Attacking this "theory" is not the same as attacking you personally, although I'm sure it hurt your feelings to have to try to defend it...since the whole concept is basically indefensible.

If you are actually as intelligent as you say you are, then I'm even more confused as to your motives. Why would you deliberately raise this question if you didn't believe it? You say, "this is just something I found, I don't think this." But then you post it, carrying on the myth and the rumor.

There are younger minds on this board, (notably Skittles), what if she reads this and begins to question her heritage? What if she loses faith in her country, since if the greatest deed ever done by her fellow citizens might be a "fake"?

You see, I don't consider this particular "theory" as harmless or even in the same league as "Bigfoot" and "The Loch Ness Monster". What we have here is an attack on heros. You say you wouldn't dream of denegrating America......

Then state here and now that this "theory"is a bald-faced lie and that you believe, absolutely, that Americans have conquered space and walked on the Moon.

And I'll forgive your unintentional muddling of a great chapter in American History. :cool:
Bothwell

Post by Bothwell »

Skittles. say it is not so!!

Chuck Yeager was a real pioneer. "Hey chuck we are going to strap you to a rocket plane thingy and we are not sure what is going to happen, do want a shot at it?" Yeager replies in the affirmative and the rest is history a very very brave man.

Jives I am hardly suprised no one decided to tell gen Yeager he was out of line!!!!!

I remember seeing the film and I am not sure it was artistic licence but did he not break a couple of ribs the day before and still did the flight?

John8pies, i apologise for my vituperitive reply but I just get so p****d off about some of these conspiracies ESPECIALLY Diana. I will belive anything if presented with scientifically judges evidence until then no.
"I have done my duty. I thank God for it!"
telaquapacky

Post by telaquapacky »

I worked in Malawi, a small, once totalitarian country in Africa, as a missionary eye doctor for seven and a half years. One of my patients worked in the Malawian Ministry of Information. His job was to educate Malawians about the outside world and outsiders about Malawi. He fancied that he knew a lot about the US. He asked me where I was from, and it went like this:

"I grew up in Los Angeles."

"Oh! So you know about Disneyland."

"Sure." (I didn't wish to elaborate. It's almost embarassing to admit to third worlders how rich and self-indulgent we Americans are, and it doesn't do them any good to make them envious and discontented)

"You know, it's all artificial- nothing is real."

"Oh, yeah." (I thought he was talking about how much a fantasy enviornment the Disney amusement park is- how people dressed as Disney cartoon characters greet your kids and pose for photos with them, how many of the rides have robotic figures, including one that does an impression of Abraham Lincoln)

"I knew it! Then all the advertisements are really computer animation..."

Anyone who has ever lived in a third world country understands. I let him go on, and didn't contradict him. I was about to do an eye examination on him. If I told him the truth and created an uncomfortable paradigm shift for him, I might get him so emotionally upset that I wouldn't get a good refraction. Then he brought up the thing about the moon landings being a fake.

I didn't correct him. What point would there be in that? He lived in a country where one out of four children die before age five, and the rate of HIV infection was over 30%, and most people live in mud huts and don't know any technology more advanced than a radio.

I believe our space program and it's accomplishments are extremely important for us and for all the first world. But there are people in this world who are totally ineligible to benefit from them. They might wonder why we spend all that money on space when their children are dying of hunger. Don't jump on me for saying that, because I think our money is well spent- But I'm only saying that there are people in this world who do not and cannot understand the importance of a human accomplishment like landing men on the moon, and people whose education is so limited that they can't believe it's possible.

And by the way... since we put men on the moon- several times- maybe we could do more to alleviate poverty and suffering here on earth.
Look what the cat dragged in.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

skittles2004 wrote: oops my bad. We were studying something about sound barrier is science but i dosed off.Sleeping in school....tsk, tsk....

(just yankin' your chain a bit, Skittles) :yh_bigsmi
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

john8pies

Post by john8pies »

Firstly, apologies if I`ve upset anybody - I thought this was a forum specifically to discuss conspiracy THEORIES and so I was discussing one of them.

Secondly, sorry if you thought I was boasting about my professional qualifications and standing; I was merely stating them in reply to certain readers whom I thought had described me as "ignorant" (which I think is actually forbidden under the regulations of forumgarden). I would never be so discourteous as to merely tell anybody about my qualifications merely to boast

Thirdly, these are the specific 2 websites which were brought to my attention:

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

http://www.primeline-america.com/moon-ldg/

Fourthly, my reference to Richard Nixon was a CLEAR indication that NOT all is as it originally seems. Didn`t Nixon himself originally DENY any involvement with Watergate?

5thly, the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights, I believe , protects the right of freedom of speech and opinion. Or don`t you think this applies if people disagree with your own?

And finally, as I pointed out, it never even occured to me that the moon landings had been faked until other people suggested it. But at least I was open-minded enough to consider other viewpoints.
john8pies

Post by john8pies »

Quite! So any praise I had of these astronauts would be shown on the GREAT ACHIEVEMENTS or SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY discussion forum pages, not on the conspiracy theory pages (I find it quite possible to praise something for its achievement and at the same time, but on a different discussion board, invite discussion about other aspects of it)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
David813

Post by David813 »

If only it WERE true we weren't stupid enough to blow billions of dollars to land on a dead moon, collect dust and rocks and come back. The thought of all those resources being diverted to the militarization of space while kids die of diharrea by the thousands daily is revolting and inexcusable. What has collecting moon and Mars rocks brought to humanity? I'm all for space exploration but not until we feed clothe and bring up standards of health care for each human here on our own rock. This will never happen under capitalism. If only it were all a hoax and the money was used for people, not generals from rogue states like the US.
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
turbonium

Post by turbonium »

It's even WORSE if it all were found to be a hoax - then the gajillions of dollars would have been used to line the pockets of a bunch of gov't hacks!! Yikes!! :( :-1
turbonium

Post by turbonium »

Conspiracy theories by their very nature are borne from very dubious research

I totally disagree with that assessment - in fact, many are borne from VERY in-depth and accurate investigation. It's not exactly a walk in the park delving into matters that many in power do not want exposed to the public! It's usually the ANTI-conspiracy advocates that blindly follow the staus quo, 'official' mainstream media explanations for world events. These same people have, in large part, been almost 'trained' to ridicule those with alternate views on events - that is why the term 'conspiracy theorist' has become almost analogous to 'nut-case'. It's become a knee-jerk reaction by people who don't want their idyllic views shaken up.
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

turbonium wrote: I totally disagree with that assessment - in fact, many are borne from VERY in-depth and accurate investigation. It's not exactly a walk in the park delving into matters that many in power do not want exposed to the public! It's usually the ANTI-conspiracy advocates that blindly follow the staus quo, 'official' mainstream media explanations for world events. These same people have, in large part, been almost 'trained' to ridicule those with alternate views on events - that is why the term 'conspiracy theorist' has become almost analogous to 'nut-case'. It's become a knee-jerk reaction by people who don't want their idyllic views shaken up.
have you misplaced your tinfoil hat, turbonium?

:yh_rotfl
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

when i was a little girl and my Dad was working at the dining room table at night i would ask him what he was doing. he explained the problems of satellite re-entry to me, and that he was trying to solve it. he and others did. and then devoted their lives. they were not government flunkies or liars. they were dedicated scientists. this thread was not about whether the monies should have been spent elsewhere in an egalitarian perfect world, it is about whether the space program was a scam. my Dad and Uncle did not devote their honorable lives to a scam. i could write a million words on what they did for the world. i was there. i lived it. i was at the pentagon for my father's many awards in the service of this country as a scientist. i am getting annoyed. so i am shutting up right now.
turbonium

Post by turbonium »

First off - geez. skittles, what do they teach in school these days??!! :yh_shame :o

John - here's a couple of the best PRO- Moon landing sites clavius

bad astronomy

Look at them in-depth as well as other pro AND con moon hoax. Got to the NASA website and links - there's lots of videos and photos to peruse there. They may help your case FOR a hoax as much as for no hoax, you never know! - the main thing is that you are getting information from the official source - if you find anomalies in something, you have back-up from the NASA site link itself if you are taken to task to provide evidence for your claims!

I've been researching the Apollo landing topic myself for some time now, and I have found the best thing to do is get ALL the info you can get your hands on. DON'T rely solely on the info from other websites - it may be a load of bull, unless you are able to verify their claims through sourcing.
turbonium

Post by turbonium »

have you misplaced your tinfoil hat

I rest my case!! Do you believe everything the mainstream media tells you? :rolleyes:
gabrell

Post by gabrell »

Maybe this is a dead thread??? Oh well....

A few years or so ago.. Fox did a special on this subject...while i watched it i found that no single evidence convinced me it was a hoax, but when adding them all up??? well it did make one doubt (btw, Fox has never rebroadcasted that ever again..hmmmm). Some of the points i remember....

1. Why no dust on the gold foil on lunar pads...dust would have kicked up..it did when they waddled on the surface as well as the rover...hmmmm

2. In a couple of nasa photos...taken from their web site... there were 3 distinct shadow angles on rocks... The sun, the light from the LM and from ?????? hmmmm

btw,,, those photos have been removed

3. This was the biggest one for me... on a walk, there was a mountain range that looked familiar to a Fox cameraman... he went back to a NASA stock photo that showed a prior LM in front of the mountain range...he took footage of the walk and super imposed the two images...a perfect fit for ea mountain range !!!! Where did the the LM go??? hmmmmm

there were more but i remember those... the other thing is deaths within a particular group... The Apollo astronauts have an extreme high death rate associated with one group. This is in contrast with a single squadron, a fire house, a combat group etc... the deaths.."natural" and accidental well exceed any other group...including test pilot squadron...hmmmmm

According to Grisom's family, he was going to write a book exposing NASA and feel to this date he was killed...

Nasa, at the time Fox aired this showm was invited to refute any of these claims on TV...they refused. Hmmmmmm

Like i said...Taken all together....hmmmmm

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”