Deletion of postings.

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
Bill Sikes

Deletion of postings.

Post by Bill Sikes »

Is it possible that a posting made on FG can be silently deleted by someone, without the poster being informed?
Kathy Ellen

Deletion of postings.

Post by Kathy Ellen »

The only members who can delete posts are the mods Bill. They do delete posts that they feel are inappropriate or may cause too many problems.
Bryn Mawr

Deletion of postings.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Bill Sikes;1225863 wrote: Is it possible that a posting made on FG can be silently deleted by someone, without the poster being informed?

It is physically possible but very unusual and I cannot remember it happening recently.

Can you give me an example or a pointer to where you think it might have occurred?
Bryn Mawr

Deletion of postings.

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Kathy Ellen;1225864 wrote: The only members who can delete posts are the mods Bill. They do delete posts that they feel are inappropriate or may cause too many problems.

There have been technical glitches in the past that have caused posts to be lost.

If a Mod deletes a post then, almost invariably, they will tell the poster and say why.
spot

Deletion of postings.

Post by spot »

Bill Sikes;1225863 wrote: Is it possible that a posting made on FG can be silently deleted by someone, without the poster being informed?

Only if a moderator got flustered or rushed off half way through the process in an emergency and forgot to come back and send notification. Nearly always a post deletion is accomplished by selecting a warning or infraction message which automates the notification process both to the original poster and the other moderators, it would be an odd circumstance in which that process would be short circuited.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Nomad

Deletion of postings.

Post by Nomad »

spot;1226075 wrote: Only if a moderator got flustered or rushed off half way through the process in an emergency and forgot to come back and send notification. Nearly always a post deletion is accomplished by selecting a warning or infraction message which automates the notification process both to the original poster and the other moderators, it would be an odd circumstance in which that process would be short circuited.

Speaking from personal experience I must say the warnings are extremely polite and quite pleasant considering the ugly circumstances involved.
I AM AWESOME MAN

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”