Was the moon landing an elaborate hoax?

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Nomad;1139952 wrote: Well Im sorry then.

I thought playing your bag pipes and throwing potatos was fairly innocuous and absurd enough to slide as a routine Nomadism.
There, you confuse the inhabitants of Great Britain. Throwing potatoes is the national sport of Ireland and we do not condone it. Playing bagpipes is the national sport of scotland and we do not condone it. This leaves the remainder who are classed as English not British.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Am I out of control ?

Do I need to be reeled in ?

Knocked down a few notches ?

Given a taste of my own medicine ?

Have I gone all nilly willy ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
Oscar Namechange

Nomad;1139993 wrote: Am I out of control ?

Do I need to be reeled in ?

Knocked down a few notches ?

Given a taste of my own medicine ?

Have I gone all nilly willy ?

Do we care?

:yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Richard Bell;1139972 wrote: Yes.

Wernher von Braun, Nazi rocket scientist, father of the V-2 used against London in WWII, built with slave labour by concentration camp inmates. There were many more.

The Russians and Americans liberally used Nazi rocket scientists in their space programmes, and looked the other way when it came to their deeds in the war. The American initiative was called "Operation Paperclip".

Von Braun, the chief designer of the Saturn V moon rocket, became a naturalised US citizen in 1955.

Operation Paperclip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You mean this guy :-

YouTube - Tom Lehrer - Wernher von Braun
Oscar Namechange

Themis;1142093 wrote: YouTube - Even More Strange Moon Business 780793
Very interesting. :)
iesous

Post by iesous »

Galbally;1135960 wrote:

The facts are these.

Man really stepped on the moon in 1969.

Man went to the moon in 1969.

How can you demostrate the above?, or is it just your believe by faith?

Steps of the Scientific Method

Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment: Your experiment tests whether your hypothesis is true or false. It is important for your experiment to be a fair test. You conduct a fair test by making sure that you change only one factor at a time while keeping all other conditions the same.

You should also repeat your experiments several times to make sure that the first results weren't just an accident.

Can any of the 99.99% of the human been of the earth - except the astronauts- repeat the experiment in order to be sure that the astronaut were no lying?

How can you show to be true what was said by less than 0,0001% of the people of the earth ?

For sure, I have never been on the moon, and I don't know what is its reality, have you been there?
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

I disbelieve conspiracy theories on principle. So far I have never been shown to be wrong on ANY of them. By all means believe this sort of rubbish if you like. Just don't expect me to. I find reality quite worrying enough.

Oh, by the way, Obama is an alien.:yh_rotfl
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
iesous

Post by iesous »

Clodhopper;1169173 wrote: I disbelieve conspiracy theories on principle. So far I have never been shown to be wrong on ANY of them. By all means believe this sort of rubbish if you like. Just don't expect me to. I find reality quite worrying enough.

Oh, by the way, Obama is an alien.:yh_rotfl

The core of the matter is religion: believe or disbelieve, not real proof at all
Oscar Namechange

iesous;1169184 wrote: The core of the matter is religion: believe or disbelieve, not real proof at all Well said..... people in the real world want proof.

If man left debris on the moon, why does man dismiss the 'face on mars'??
iesous

Post by iesous »

oscar;1169223 wrote: Well said..... people in the real world want proof.

Let's Jump to the moon and bring back some frogs

YouTube - Moon Landing 1969 Original see Frogs/Desert Rats Proof Hoax

and some HARE and RODENT

YouTube - moon landing HARE and RODENT proof hoaxed?????

and why not some spiders

YouTube - Spider on the Moon Proof of Spoof Hoax Landing

Our grandfathers were convinced that ROMA was behind every single movement of our live, if you want to know why, check the documentation fake_(2-4).wmv & the others at Google: if you are very sensitive, ignore it.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Are there STILL people who believe the moon landing was a hoax.

The elaborate hoax is is supported only by the crutch of bad science. There is no evidence that the event never took place.

None !
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
iesous

Post by iesous »

Snowfire;1169428 wrote: Are there STILL people who believe the moon landing was a hoax.

The elaborate hoax is is supported only by the crutch of bad science. There is no evidence that the event never took place.

None !

Does any body here sees in these words a proof at all?

all of them have this kind of proof!
dubs

Post by dubs »

oscar;1169223 wrote: Well said..... people in the real world want proof.

Because debris from a very small spacecraft, doesn't show up as well as a massive mountain range on Mars, that if you screw your eyes up and squint through your fingers, happens to resemble a frikkin face!!! :thinking:

My dog's a cross between a Shihtzu and a Bulldog... It's a Bullsh!t..
Oscar Namechange

dubs;1169566 wrote: Because debris from a very small spacecraft, doesn't show up as well as a massive mountain range on Mars, that if you screw your eyes up and squint through your fingers, happens to resemble a frikkin face!!! :thinking: Don't need to squint........ Ancient Egyptians lived on Mars and built it ;):rolleyes::rolleyes: Kennedy inventing a moon landing to divert from an impending cold war??? Very likely.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1169579 wrote: Don't need to squint........ Ancient Egyptians lived on Mars and built it ;):rolleyes::rolleyes: Kennedy inventing a moon landing to divert from an impending cold war??? Very likely.

Russians admitting that they actually DID land on the moon... more than likely, definitely

Grammar school children monitored the whole thing from start to finish, so I'm pretty sure the Russians did. Never heard a word of disbelief from them ;)

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1169584 wrote: Russians admitting that they actually DID land on the moon... more than likely, definitely

Grammar school children monitored the whole thing from start to finish, so I'm pretty sure the Russians did. Never heard a word of disbelief from them ;)
I was a Grammar Scool child......I never monitered it. You can't moniter a mock up in the Nevada desert. :sneaky:
dubs

Post by dubs »

oscar;1169579 wrote: Don't need to squint........ Ancient Egyptians lived on Mars and built it ;):rolleyes::rolleyes: Kennedy inventing a moon landing to divert from an impending cold war??? Very likely.

My Arse!!!!..........:wah:

Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1169586 wrote: I was a Grammar Scool child......I never monitered it. You can't moniter a mock up in the Nevada desert. :sneaky:

You were baking fairy cakes in domestic science and crotcheting them bloomers that are billowing in the wind :wah:

Its well documented that some grammar school pupils followed and monitored events as part of their science project

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

dubs;1169588 wrote: My Arse!!!!..........:wah: How is that any morre unlikely than the fact that the technology was not there?

I don't believe you have an arsse...... I want proof. Please post a pic of your arsse. :sneaky:
dubs

Post by dubs »

oscar;1169592 wrote: How is that any morre unlikely than the fact that the technology was not there?

I don't believe you have an arsse...... I want proof. Please post a pic of your arsse. :sneaky:

Excuse me, but my arse makes an awful lot more sense than quite a few posters here.....Ok his breath stinks, but you can't have everything!..;)

Oscar Namechange

dubs;1169596 wrote: Excuse me, but my arse makes an awful lot more sense than quite a few posters here.....Ok his breath stinks, but you can't have everything!..;)
Don't believe you. I want proof about your arsse.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1169604 wrote: Don't believe you. I want proof about your arsse.

The landing on dubs arse wasnt a hoax either. If you squint you can still see the debris

Winston Churchill
dubs

Post by dubs »

Snowfire;1169605 wrote: The landing on dubs arse wasnt a hoax either. If you squint you can still see the debris

That's right! And it still stings a bit in cold weather..:thinking:

Oscar Namechange

dubs;1169609 wrote: That's right! And it still stings a bit in cold weather..:thinking: But do you have a Union Jack sticking out of it?
dubs

Post by dubs »

oscar;1169638 wrote: But do you have a Union Jack sticking out of it?

Funnily enough, I do...But I can't honestly say it's a Sea of Tranquility, down there!

;):wah::wah:

And that's Union Flag dear. A Union Jack is flown on a warship!

Oscar Namechange

dubs;1169651 wrote: Funnily enough, I do...But I can't honestly say it's a Sea of Tranquility, down there!

;):wah::wah:

And that's Union Flag dear. A Union Jack is flown on a warship!
Sea of Tranquility or Moon craters crack?

Don't call me dear.....you'll make Oscar Wilde. :-5
dubs

Post by dubs »

oscar;1169679 wrote: Sea of Tranquility or Moon craters crack?

Don't call me dear.....you'll make Oscar Wilde. :-5

Ok dear! :p

Oscar Namechange

dubs;1169688 wrote: Ok dear! :p Watch it or I'll get gmc for back up. :-5
dubs

Post by dubs »

oscar;1169699 wrote: Watch it or I'll get gmc for back up. :-5

Can I draw your attention to what it says on the left there, just below my username......:thinking:

Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

iesous;1169147 wrote: How can you demostrate the above?, or is it just your believe by faith?

Steps of the Scientific Method

Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment: Your experiment tests whether your hypothesis is true or false. It is important for your experiment to be a fair test. You conduct a fair test by making sure that you change only one factor at a time while keeping all other conditions the same.

You should also repeat your experiments several times to make sure that the first results weren't just an accident.

Can any of the 99.99% of the human been of the earth - except the astronauts- repeat the experiment in order to be sure that the astronaut were no lying?

How can you show to be true what was said by less than 0,0001% of the people of the earth ?

For sure, I have never been on the moon, and I don't know what is its reality, have you been there?

You have it arse about backards - the conspiracy theory is challenging the established order therefore the burden of proof lies on those proposing it.

I am a technologist - I have a good appreciation of what is possible and what technology cannot achieve at any given time.

I watched the moon landings, despite the anti-social time that they were arranged at, and I am satisfied that there was no way of faking much of what was shown.

Unless and until you can show how the laws of physics can be put aside and show that the ongoing evidence of man's having been to the moon is false then you have no case - citing one or two anomalies and challenging others to prove it rally happened does not cut it.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1169586 wrote: I was a Grammar Scool child......I never monitered it. You can't moniter a mock up in the Nevada desert. :sneaky:

I believe Snowfire was referring to Kettering Grammar School - did you attend?
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1170819 wrote: I believe Snowfire was referring to Kettering Grammar School - did you attend? I mis-read and mis-spoke there. No, Kettering was not my school. I don't remember my school monitering it...... I wish they had.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1170826 wrote: I mis-read and mis-spoke there. No, Kettering was not my school. I don't remember my school monitering it...... I wish they had.

Kettering had a long history of monitoring space - they decoded the signals from Sputnik even before NASA back in '59.
Oscar Namechange

Bryn Mawr;1170831 wrote: Kettering had a long history of monitoring space - they decoded the signals from Sputnik even before NASA back in '59. Blimey..... that's more interesting than a nature walk :D
TruthIsNeverTooHorrible

Post by TruthIsNeverTooHorrible »

Laws of End Times Reductionism, from "moon" "landing" to "elections" in largest world "democracy"

A - How many years did independent hoaxers (Chinese taikonauts) wait to copy the fraud of "space conquest" from Soviet and American "astronauts"? (1)

B - How many years did independent hoaxers (organizers of the "elections" in the largest 'democracy' in the world, India) wait to copy the fraud of "votes" cast on electronic voting machines? (2)

Now, which law rules the reduction of the result of A to the result of B? (3)

Notes

(1) The "space conquest" that continues today in the race for ISS toilets, between Americans and Russians, does NOT follow the same script as the race to land on the moon, between Americans and Soviets, 40 years earlier.

(2) Americans were also the victors in the race to the heart of electronic voting machines, after the small step of John McCain, from 2 million votes deposited on touch-screens to 58 million "votes" returned by the software. A small step for John McCain and the Illuminati, but a huge step for all independent hoaxers around the world.

(3) In our time there is no escape from these laws

Google

End Times Reductionism
Tuxr99

Post by Tuxr99 »

Galbally;1135960 wrote:

It doesn't mean that there are not some conspiracies, its just that the ones that are real are ignored

how do we know which ones are real?

anyway, the biggest thing that makes me think that the moon landing was fake, is the fact that technology back then was very weak. the basic calculator was not even invented yet, but they still managed to send a man 250,000 miles in basically a tin can. it doesn't really matter that much to me if it happened or not, but i just don't believe it.

actually, they could just point the Hubble telescope at the moon and see the flag that is there. if they can see billions of light years away, surely they could see a flag on the moon. (if it's there)
Open Source/Open Mind
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Tuxr99;1178032 wrote: how do we know which ones are real?

anyway, the biggest thing that makes me think that the moon landing was fake, is the fact that technology back then was very weak. the basic calculator was not even invented yet, but they still managed to send a man 250,000 miles in basically a tin can. it doesn't really matter that much to me if it happened or not, but i just don't believe it.

actually, they could just point the Hubble telescope at the moon and see the flag that is there. if they can see billions of light years away, surely they could see a flag on the moon. (if it's there)

Who needs a calculator? Give me a slip stick and a set of log tables and I'll give you the world.

You are wrong in any case. NASA would have had programmable computers even then - even I was using a computer by 1971 and the equations are not that complex. You could even do most of the work with comptometers if you wanted to but, as computers have been around since the 1940s, there would have been no need.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

The only thing that baffles me about the whole thing is, why did they never go back?

Surly if you are going to build a space station, or even think about the commercial viability of holiday places the moon would make perfect sense. So this big race was only to get there but never go back or try to make use of it?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

mikeinie;1178243 wrote: The only thing that baffles me about the whole thing is, why did they never go back?

Surly if you are going to build a space station, or even think about the commercial viability of holiday places the moon would make perfect sense. So this big race was only to get there but never go back or try to make use of it?

As the only reason to get there was one-upmanship and the achieved their aim the political will to go back evaporated.

Once the ISS is fully operational it will be far easier and cheaper to go so that's when I'd expect the next visit.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Tuxr99;1178032 wrote: how do we know which ones are real?

There is a piece of equipment left behind from the moon landing that is still being used today. Lasers are beamed up to it and when bounced back, it measures the distance - or change of - the earth to the moon.

Thats not a very scientific explanation, I know :o

It still astonishes me that there are people who still refuse to believe that the moon landings didnt take place. Not one person has ever come forward and put his hands up to being part of the conspiricy. Not one. Even the Russians have always accepted it.

The net is full of sites "explaining" why it could never have happened. Every one of those explanations has been debunked as the application of appallingly bad science.

The moon landing of Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins was not the only manned landing. I think there were 5 others. Were they fakes too ? I believe it ended purely for financial reasons. It marked the start of the space station, so something had to give.

How or why would any fake landing be of any use, knowing that one day in the future it would be found out. Talk about kicking yourself up the arse. A huge an uneccessary embarassment

As for the Hubble telescope, I'm not a scientist so I wouldnt be able to explain the technicalities but thats not what it was designed for. I'm sure there would be resolution problems in focusing on an object so close when it was designed to see billions and billions of miles away.

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I stumbled across this today. I though it might be appropraite to post it here for the naysayers :D

AS AMERICA prepares to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the first Moon landing, attention is set to focus on a little-known speech drafted in case of a much different outcome that historic day.

The rest is here......

Daily Express | UK News :: How Houston rehearsed its worst ever problem

Winston Churchill
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

I think it was real. I don't always believe what the news media states but that was too real to be faked.

I have trouble with the amount of money being spent on space ventures though. All that money could really be used for better purposses and on things that really need attention. I for one don't really care if there was ever water on mars. How will that help the starving children and adults that the world has so many of. Help the unemployed man on the street with food and some kind of meaning full employment even if it is community service. Make them feel like they are worth something. Help give them their dignity back. Changes need to be made and soon.

YouTube - Phil Collins - Another day in paradise
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter was launched in june 2009 and has recently photographed the moon with such clarity that you can see the Apollo 11 moon landing site, quite clearly.

I would like to think it puts to bed the daft theories that it never happened. Alas I fear not

NASA - LRO Gets Additional View of Apollo 11 Landing Site

Winston Churchill
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

I've had the honor of actually meeting some of the Astronauts, including Scott Carpenter, John Glenn, and Mr. "All the Right Stuff" Chuck Yeager. (He had his own T-38 Talon and he used to fly in to my base, Vance, to see his mother.)

These are men of integrity and honor. Through and through. The very definition of honorable. To suggest that they would have a hand in an outright lie is abhorrent and despicable.

Get over it, America went to the moon. To suggest otherwise is to cast aspersions on some of the best men humankind has ever produced.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Saint_;1262878 wrote: I've had the honor of actually meeting some of the Astronauts, including Scott Carpenter, John Glenn, and Mr. "All the Right Stuff" Chuck Yeager. (He had his own T-38 Talon and he used to fly in to my base, Vance, to see his mother.)

These are men of integrity and honor. Through and through. The very definition of honorable. To suggest that they would have a hand in an outright lie is abhorrent and despicable.

Get over it, America went to the moon. To suggest otherwise is to cast aspersions on some of the best men humankind has ever produced.

No argument from here
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Nor from here.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Absolutely not from here either, hence my delight in the publication of the recent photos of the landing site

Winston Churchill
joey2000

Post by joey2000 »

AussiePam;1136802 wrote: This thread is the full and perfect indisputable scientific proof that parallel universes do exist.
And that the ol universal translators Still Have Some Kinks In The System Ummmm Yeah Blah Hi What Yo HEy it's ummA GUmma Time Small Furry Animals Etc Whooo Yay Yawn Twenty Vanilla Hah Yes No Whatever Lucy intheSky Barney the Dinosaur isHitler JujuBeans Bleck Oop Ack Etc

All hail Bizarro the Intrepid Time/Space Traveller, using the internet as wormholes apparently. OK......

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”