September 9th, 2009 - 9-9-9 - Significant Or Not?

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Louis Grottos;1229771 wrote: Maybe you should stop thinking and start reading :lips:

Maybe you should learn some manners.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

mrsK

Post by mrsK »

AussiePam;1229785 wrote: Maybe you should learn some manners.

Your not wrong AP:-5
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Hmmm just saw that ...not very nice at all.

did this person just tell me to ...."hush"?????? Oh dear !!

Excuse me Pammy ...Bill. My apologies.

LOO GROT!!! what the hell gives you the right to come to this forum and make yourself law? this is a forum for discussion and debate and if you don't like it then leave. do not EVER put down anyones views or understandings about anything unless you can back it up. Explain to us what you know rather than giving some diatribe on another site.

You may actually find we may listen to you ....

Otherwise Pissoff Arswipe!!! And stop insulting the intelligence of members here.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Louis Grottos;1229773 wrote: facts arent all that stringent no more. They can change at any moment.

Oy yes they are. Oh no they can't.

A fact is a one-time entity that is unchangeable, although it's primary existence may cease. Each change in entropy results in the creation of further facts. That's intrinsic in the working of the universe.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

fuzzywuzzy;1229789 wrote: Excuse me Pammy ...Bill. My apologies.

It's OK, and cannot be otherwise. Disparate entitical opinions conjoin the essence of the mysticality of our extenuation and circumstance of our actuality, in a very real sense. That's the Universal Law.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Bill Sikes;1229796 wrote: It's OK, and cannot be otherwise. Disparate entitical opinions conjoin the essence of the mysticality of our extenuation and circumstance of our actuality, in a very real sense. That's the Universal Law.

That's just what I was thinking

:-2:yh_rotfl
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Who cares...just another busy day in my life. Probs won't even think about it.
Louis Grottos

Post by Louis Grottos »

Hahaha, some very touchy people around here. Im pretty new, so i can understand your reactions. I didnt mean to be bossy or any. I just ask you to check the links, read its content and then we can debate full length. But its rather pointless to discuss something you havent even clansed at, wouldnt you agree?

The Mayans were a very wise people. All im doing is saying it forth.

Greets from Holland ;)
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

That was quite possibly the biggest load of nonsense I've ever read. I feel extremely dumbed down now. IMO, it's all coincidental and any attempt to relate is merely a strained endeavor at making sense out of a world and its' events that we will never, and were never intended to, understand.

But, whatever helps you sleep at night. Or, rather, whatever keeps you up at night worrying what may happen on the next day :rolleyes: .. float on lil boat.

And say what you want, Grotto, your post was crass and offensive. We're not touchy, we just don't take any ****.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

almostfamous;1229982 wrote: a strained endeavor

Well, you should have more vegetables in your diet.

almostfamous;1229982 wrote: We're not touchy, we just don't take any ****.

It ought to work both ways - else things degenerate, noobs are put off, and gardeners slink off to the pub. We need more peace. So, peas, man, peas.
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

Bill Sikes;1230048 wrote: Well, you should have more vegetables in your diet.

this is strangely true, have you tapped my home?

It ought to work both ways - else things degenerate, noobs are put off, and gardeners slink off to the pub. We need more peace. So, peas, man, peas.

I may've been a bit harsh, reading back it doesn't appear that he was being outright *******-y ... just came across wrong I guess..
Louis Grottos

Post by Louis Grottos »

Not to be cocky or any, but your reactions do say a bit bout you as well. Maybe you take yourself a bit too serious. Perhaps thats why you couldnt see the lighter, humorous part of my replies. ;)

But anywayz, thats not why im here. Im here to find an opening in discussing the Mayan calendar and its prophecies. It appears they already know what kinda day 9/9/09 is gonna be. How can that be?
almostfamous

Post by almostfamous »

Louis Grottos;1230332 wrote: Not to be cocky or any, but your reactions do say a bit bout you as well. Maybe you take yourself a bit too serious. Perhaps thats why you couldnt see the lighter, humorous part of my replies. ;)

But anywayz, thats not why im here. Im here to find an opening in discussing the Mayan calendar and its prophecies. It appears they already know what kinda day 9/9/09 is gonna be. How can that be?

:wah: You can make whatever assumption you'd like about me, that's your right. However, it's in my nature to be a bit of a mother hen. I saw what I thought was a lashing out at our "old" members by a "new" member, then saw their reaction and (out-of-line as it appears now) reacted to it in their defense. MY BAD.

As for taking myself too seriously?... It's more like whatever I think, I type. I'm not one to make it a habit of having to retract a statement later, in most cases I stand by what I said, bottom line. But, in this case I did realize my frogginess to jump your case and.... felt it was necessary to acknowledge, that I did, just that.

I apologize for derailing your thread and for my comment. Enjoy your numbers :D
Louis Grottos

Post by Louis Grottos »

With me its more the other way around, i type and then think about what ive written.

No apologies necessary, i wasnt offended or any and you reacted the same way i would have. And my previous post wasnt directed at you, more a general remark.

Greetz Lou
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

almostfamous;1229982 wrote: That was quite possibly the biggest load of nonsense I've ever read. I feel extremely dumbed down now. IMO, it's all coincidental and any attempt to relate is merely a strained endeavor at making sense out of a world and its' events that we will never, and were never intended to, understand.

But, whatever helps you sleep at night. Or, rather, whatever keeps you up at night worrying what may happen on the next day :rolleyes: .. float on lil boat.

And say what you want, Grotto, your post was crass and offensive. We're not touchy, we just don't take any ****.
most of the conspiracy theories here are a load of crap...they are too long to read, who has time, etc.:wah: omg, don't go reading the religious ones, you'll fall asleep on the keyboard:wah::wah::wah::wah:
TheDutchMetalHead

Post by TheDutchMetalHead »

Well i think the most likely date will be 6-6-6666
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

Louis Grottos;1230454 wrote: With me its more the other way around, i type and then think about what ive written.

No apologies necessary, i wasnt offended or any and you reacted the same way i would have. And my previous post wasnt directed at you, more a general remark.

Greetz Lou

Nice twist, but it was us who were offended.

The world might have ended on 6 June in 666 and what I now think is the world is in fact a figment of my imagination. Wikipedia makes no mention of the Mayan dates though this could be a beastly conspiracy.

Gregorian calendar 666

DCLXVI

Ab urbe condita 1419

Armenian calendar 115

ԹՎ ՃԺԵ

Bahá'í calendar -1178 – -1177

Berber calendar 1616

Buddhist calendar 1210

Burmese calendar 28

Byzantine calendar 6174 – 6175

Chinese calendar 乙丑年十一月二十日

(3302/3362-11-20)

— to —

丙寅年十二月初一日

(3303/3363-12-1)

Coptic calendar 382 – 383

Ethiopian calendar 658 – 659

Hebrew calendar 4426 – 4427

Hindu calendars

- Vikram Samvat 721 – 722

- Shaka Samvat 588 – 589

- Kali Yuga 3767 – 3768

Holocene calendar 10666

Iranian calendar 44 – 45

Islamic calendar 45 – 46

Japanese calendar

Korean calendar 2999

Thai solar calendar 1209
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Louis Grottos

Post by Louis Grottos »

Thats coz the maya's didnt count in just numbers. Most year numbers are pretty useless anywayz if you look at it from the mayan calendar's standpoint. Most the calendars you mentioned above are based on either a 365 or 360 day cycle, which are both incomplete. The earth revolves the sun in 365,25 days, but this doesnt take into account the earths own rotation, the moons rotation and all the other planets in solar system, let alone all the rest of the galaxy.

I have to admit, im comletely biased at the moment, the mayan calendar has grasped my attention and is not letting go for a while. Watch this 3 hour talk and you might scratch your head just the same as i did when i first watched it:

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8689261981090121097&ei=g3qKSsWTGovM-Abwsq2uCg&q=mayan+comes+north

Or dont. Its not like you have to see of believe the same as me.

(i know i can come across this way sometimes)
spot

Post by spot »

Louis Grottos;1231474 wrote: (i know i can come across this way sometimes)What puzzles me, Louis, is that you think you can walk into a site and take over the agenda like a performing seal at a circus. Most people listen for a while and join the threads in an orderly manner. You've never seen a driver pull onto an autobahn from a side road and immediately plant himself in the fast lane? It's not an attractive trait. "Maybe you should stop thinking and start reading" has as much attraction as a fart in a lift and "That goes for you too. Hush and read" doesn't improve the initial impression.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Louis Grottos

Post by Louis Grottos »

Just wanted to plant a seed.

Its up to you whether you wanna spit at it or give it some attention.

Seed planted, bye.
spot

Post by spot »

Louis Grottos;1232580 wrote: Just wanted to plant a seed.

Its up to you whether you wanna spit at it or give it some attention.

Seed planted, bye.
Bye Louis. We do get the occasional hit and run single-agenda poster, it's a bit like fly-posting but without the profit. There may be some forums which enjoy watching exhibitionists spilling their seed but I don't think ForumGarden is one of them.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Louis Grottos

Post by Louis Grottos »

spot;1232647 wrote: enjoy watching exhibitionists spilling their seed
LOL :wah:

Looks like you have a sense of humor around here after all...
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

we're in Drought ...............sorry the seed died . Well ya get that .*sigh*
LionAjoy

Post by LionAjoy »

Greetings from Bangalore, India

09-09-09 is Palindrome Date and 999 happens to be Harshad and Kaprekar number - Here with idea from Prof V.S. Yalvigi we are bringing out Special Postal Cover with assistance from Lions International Stamp Club LISC

de Lion Ajoy
TruthBringer

Post by TruthBringer »

The Movie 9 is a film that is produced in part by Tim Burton, Timur Bekmambetov and Jim Lemley, and is scheduled for release on September 9, 2009. Or 9-9-9.

From what I gather, the movie is basicly about Armageddon and the destruction of the World and the plot appears to take place in the aftermath thereof:

9 | Film Overview | Focus Features Movies |
Link removed by moderator
LionAjoy

Post by LionAjoy »

Friends,

The movie poster says " When our World Ended their Mission Begins 9-9-09"
Mariposa Traicionera

Post by Mariposa Traicionera »

Something did happen on 6-6-06. My daughter turned 14. :guitarist
TruthBringer

Post by TruthBringer »

Why 09/09/09 Is So Special

Everyone from brides and grooms to movie studio execs are celebrating the upcoming calendrical anomaly in their own way.

In Florida, at least one county clerk's office is offering a one-day wedding special for $99.99. The rarity of this Sept. 9 hasn't been lost on the creators of the iPod, who have moved their traditional Tuesday release day to Wednesday to take advantage of the special date. Focus Features is releasing their new film "9," an animated tale about the apocalypse, on the 9th.

Not only does the date look good in marketing promotions, but it also represents the last set of repeating, single-digit dates that we'll see for almost a century (until January 1, 2101), or a millennium (mark your calendars for January 1, 3001), depending on how you want to count it.

Some concerned with the history and meaning of numbers ascribe powerful significance to 09/09/09.

For cultures in which the number nine is lucky, Sept. 9 is anticipated - while others might see the date as an ominous warning.

Math magic

Modern numerologists - who operate outside the realm of real science - believe that mystical significance or vibrations can be assigned to each numeral one through nine, and different combinations of the digits produce tangible results in life depending on their application.

As the final numeral, the number nine holds special rank. It is associated with forgiveness, compassion and success on the positive side as well as arrogance and self-righteousness on the negative, according to numerologists.

Numerologists do have a famous predecessor to look to. Pythagoras, the Greek mathematician and father of the famous theorem, is also credited with popularizing numerology in ancient times.

"Pythagoras most of all seems to have honored and advanced the study concerned with numbers, having taken it away from the use of merchants and likening all things to numbers," wrote Aristoxenus, an ancient Greek historian, in the 4th century B.C.

As part of his obsession with numbers both mathematically and divine, and like many mathematicians before and since, Pythagoras noted that nine in particular had many unique properties.

Any grade-schooler could tell you, for example, that the sum of the two-digits resulting from nine multiplied by any other single-digit number will equal nine. So 9x3=27, and 2+7=9.

Multiply nine by any two, three or four-digit number and the sums of those will also break down to nine. For example: 9x62 = 558; 5+5+8=18; 1+8=9.

Sept. 9 also happens to be the 252nd day of the year (2 + 5 +2)...

Loving 9

Both China and Japan have strong feelings about the number nine. Those feelings just happen to be on opposite ends of the spectrum.

The Chinese pulled out all the stops to celebrate their lucky number eight during last year's Summer Olympics, ringing the games in at 8 p.m. on 08/08/08. What many might not realize is that nine comes in second on their list of auspicious digits and is associated with long life, due to how similar its pronunciation is to the local word for long-lasting (eight sounds like wealth).

Historically, ancient Chinese emperors associated themselves closely with the number nine, which appeared prominently in architecture and royal dress, often in the form of nine fearsome dragons. The imperial dynasties were so convinced of the power of the number nine that the palace complex at Beijing's Forbidden City is rumored to have been built with 9,999 rooms.

Japanese emperors would have never worn a robe with nine dragons, however.

In Japanese, the word for nine is a homophone for the word for suffering, so the number is considered highly unlucky - second only to four, which sounds like death.

Many Japanese will go so far as to avoid room numbers including nine at hotels or hospitals, if the building planners haven't already eliminated them altogether.

Why 09/09/09 Is So Special - Yahoo! News

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32735942/ns ... ?GT1=43001

http://www.livescience.com/culture/0909 ... nines.html
TruthBringer

Post by TruthBringer »

By the way today is not over still for me for another 21 hours. I will be sleeping for much of that but when I wake up it will be interesting to see what happens.

If nothing major happens today for the whole day though, then there is still one more day I am keeping a close eye on, which is two days from now - 9/11/09 (9x1x1=999)

And then of course as usual I am keeping an eye on things overall as we approach that crucial date of December 21st, 2012.
gmc

Post by gmc »

You realise that 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, are all arabic numbers don't you? it's all a devilish muslim plot and the real secret is hidden elsewhere. You don't know that of course because it's a secret. The end will be a big surprise and the most surprised will be all those who think they are going to be saved:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
nelle9696

Post by nelle9696 »

TruthBringer;1134440 wrote: I was once told that June 6th, 2006 - 06-06-06 - was not a real date we should concern ourselves with, because it was not the correct number for the Beast. I was told that the 6's are actually upside down and that the real numbers/date to watch out for is September 9th, 2009 - 9-9-9 -. Not saying that this is a reality, but.....I am gonna keep my eyes peeled for that date to see if anything actually happens on it.

Uhh...

Well, not too much happening so far, although I did turn 22 today!! Hooray! :-6 And on the ninth second of the ninth minute of the ninth hour of the morning I ate breakfast! Pretty cool.

And, I'm really glad for you that someone finally let you in on the secret that 6's are upside-down 9's. Truly. However, keep in mind that -anything- can ''actually happen'' every single day! How mind blowing is that?!

:yh_star...
laughingAtThisOneGuy

Post by laughingAtThisOneGuy »

TruthBringer;1239839 wrote: By the way today is not over still for me for another 21 hours. I will be sleeping for much of that but when I wake up it will be interesting to see what happens.

If nothing major happens today for the whole day though, then there is still one more day I am keeping a close eye on, which is two days from now - 9/11/09 (9x1x1=999)

And then of course as usual I am keeping an eye on things overall as we approach that crucial date of December 21st, 2012.

Last time I checked, 9 x 1 x 1 = 9. or, even if you're multiplying 9x 11 = 99 not 999. Or if you're multiplying 9x 11 x 9, you don't get 999. This point is completely arbitrary because any interesting combination of numbers means nothing when the random "2000" is thrown into the mix. If someone claims that things are multiplied or divisible by something.. it means nothing--mathematic functions have nothing to do with it.. its like saying OMG 5+5 = 10.. and 10 *2 is 20, which is only half of 40!

OMg and 40 +7 days in the week *12 months in the year divided by four quarters in a dollar + Martin Luther King Jr's. birthday = 666!! omg 5 is EVIL! beware any day of the month with a 5 in it! and 6's too, bc 6's are in 666.

You're an idiot.:-5
TruthBringer

Post by TruthBringer »

laughingAtThisOneGuy;1239954 wrote: Last time I checked, 9 x 1 x 1 = 9. or, even if you're multiplying 9x 11 = 99 not 999. Or if you're multiplying 9x 11 x 9, you don't get 999. This point is completely arbitrary because any interesting combination of numbers means nothing when the random "2000" is thrown into the mix. If someone claims that things are multiplied or divisible by something.. it means nothing--mathematic functions have nothing to do with it.. its like saying OMG 5+5 = 10.. and 10 *2 is 20, which is only half of 40!

OMg and 40 +7 days in the week *12 months in the year divided by four quarters in a dollar + Martin Luther King Jr's. birthday = 666!! omg 5 is EVIL! beware any day of the month with a 5 in it! and 6's too, bc 6's are in 666.

You're an idiot.:-5

Don't look at it like that. Look at it like this. 9x1=9x1=9. The three sequences of 9 is the key.

9/11 = 999 if you do it that way. It's one way of getting 3 9s in a row. It has to be capable of doing that in order to produce the 3 9s in a row. However you are able to do it but if the date can't produce the 3 9s then it shouldn't be in this thread because thats what this thread is all about.

By the way, I have been keeping an eye on the news so far and the only major thing that has happened as of yet was that a plane was hijacked in mexico city by 3 Bolivian "terrorists". Pretty significant, but not quite what I would call World changing by any means.

Mexican hijack over, passengers safe - Yahoo! News
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

TruthBringer;1239982 wrote: not quite what I would call World changing by any means.

The world has change hugely since yester day. It's gone around a bit, and progressed through time and space. Who knows what seeds of change have been sown?

BTW, loads of Chinese people seem to think it (was) a very good date:

Thousands of Chinese marry on lucky 09/09/09 - Telegraph
TruthBringer

Post by TruthBringer »

Bill Sikes;1239984 wrote: The world has change hugely since yester day. It's gone around a bit, and progressed through time and space. Who knows what seeds of change have been sown?

BTW, loads of Chinese people seem to think it (was) a very good date:

Thousands of Chinese marry on lucky 09/09/09 - Telegraph

Yes there seems to be two sides to the equation here as there is with almost everything. Some cultures feel that it is a very unlucky sequence of numbers. Others feel the exact opposite.

I am just having fun watching what happens. At midnight tonight I will announce the other dates to look out for up until December 21st, 2012 that are related to this sequence of 999 that I was amazed to find is much more popular than I thought when I first created this thread.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

TruthBringer;1239989 wrote: At midnight tonight

But midnight is not universal. Whose midnight? The one in the 'States, Europe, Asia, Australia?
TruthBringer

Post by TruthBringer »

Bill Sikes;1239990 wrote: But midnight is not universal. Whose midnight? The one in the 'States, Europe, Asia, Australia?

Thats why one of the dates I will announce is 9/10/09, or tomorrow for myself, because that same date for some around the World will still be 9/9/09 at least for awhile.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

TruthBringer;1239989 wrote: Yes there seems to be two sides to the equation here as there is with almost everything. Some cultures feel that it is a very unlucky sequence of numbers. Others feel the exact opposite.

I am just having fun watching what happens. At midnight tonight I will announce the other dates to look out for up until December 21st, 2012 that are related to this sequence of 999 that I was amazed to find is much more popular than I thought when I first created this thread.
Stop press........ on 9/9/9 at 9 minutes past 9... I cooked 9 eggs and 9 slices of toast. When I added up the fragments of the broken egg shells, they equalled 999. I think this is an omen.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
TruthBringer

Post by TruthBringer »

Is it still Tuesday for anyone visiting this thread at the moment? Is it Tuesday in any country in the World right now? Surely there are countries who are far behind the United States in terms of what time it is, anyone know exactly which countries those are? Trying to figure this all out before I post the dates.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

TruthBringer;1240010 wrote: Trying to figure this all out

Here's a nice site:

Current local times in capitals around the world

Lots of bits 'n' bobs there.
TruthBringer

Post by TruthBringer »

Ok thanks Bill and yes it appears that 9/10/09 will be one of the dates to look out for because in the United States even when it turns midnight for us it will still be 09/09/09 for the following areas:

American Samoa - Pago Pago

Cook Islands - Rarotonga

French Polynesia

Tokelau - Fakaofo

Niue - Alofi

I gotta admit those are places around the World that aren't really in my daily thoughts but, because it will still be 09/09/09 in those parts of the World even after it turns 09/10/09 for myelf, then I am forced to include the date of 09/10/09 on the list for significant dates to watch out for when I post them later tonight.

By the way, if 0s don't count in the numbering sequence, which I don't think they do because they never have before, then 09/10/09 will also be related to the 999 sequence because you can take the 09 from the month and multiply it by the 1 in the middle for the day and do the same thing with the 09 for the year and you can find the same 999 sequence. Because 09 x 1(0) = 9 x1(0) = 9. And the 9 is still a major part of the sequence because 9 + 1 + 9 = 19 . 999 yet again. Or, 9 + 1 + 9 =19 and 1 x 9 =9 therefore we have ourselves the sequence of continuing 9's. Which seems to be important for some reason.
spot

Post by spot »

TruthBringer;1239989 wrote: Yes there seems to be two sides to the equation here as there is with almost everything. Some cultures feel that it is a very unlucky sequence of numbers. Others feel the exact opposite. Has it never occurred to you that sane people consider it irrelevant and that they're far and away the majority of us?
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

spot;1240035 wrote: Has it never occurred to you that sane people consider it irrelevant and that they're far and away the majority of us?

Sane people form the very vast majority of people, and many if not most believe in lucky or unlucky things. Luck, considered irrelevant? No.
spot

Post by spot »

Bill Sikes;1240037 wrote: Sane people form the very vast majority of people, and many if not most believe in lucky or unlucky things. Luck, considered irrelevant? No.

I do hope you're mistaken. Humanity can't be that deluded.
spot

Post by spot »

What on earth??