Computer Simulation?

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
abbey

Computer Simulation?

Post by abbey »

cristobel wrote: It has been suggested that this whole world is merely a computer programme with a few glitches thrown in to give us problems to solve.

What do you think?
You mean like the Matrix :confused:

Welcome to the FG, by the way x
Hawke

Computer Simulation?

Post by Hawke »

I sure hope the server dosen't crash :)
anastrophe

Computer Simulation?

Post by anastrophe »

i guess the question that comes to mind would be, why would 'they' (whomever 'they' are) have set up part of the simulation to be a movie that we would see that would describe the simulation and its nefarious purpose, followed up by further movies that describe the destruction of the simulation?
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Jika

Computer Simulation?

Post by Jika »

Hi Cristobel, great to see another Aussie in the garden.

I guess this basically falls under the catagory of existentialism.

You've got to love propositions like this, they can really mess with your head. :wah:

Well, my take on it is this.....If I am a 'Sim' in someone else's programme, and I don't truly exist I guess I won't know if the server crashes, so it won't bother me. :cool:
smithy87

Computer Simulation?

Post by smithy87 »

abbey wrote: You mean like the Matrix :confused:

Welcome to the FG, by the way x

I never understood the Matrix, so my life's screwed :p
hotsauce

Computer Simulation?

Post by hotsauce »

I had to pause the Matrix about every 20 minutes and discuss it with my husband to make sure I knew exactly what was going on. I'm not down with science fiction.

I don't think I'm living in a big computer.
TMC

Computer Simulation?

Post by TMC »

00110001001111000100011101001000011000000011100101000001111001011111100011000011001110001010100000111001111100101001111001011100111111001000011110110100111100111111000111010000000100000100010001
David813

Computer Simulation?

Post by David813 »

I've thought the same thing before. What if I agreed to try out all the specs, plusses and negatives of my current life, a programmed family, pets, jobs, memories, etc. , then get strapped in and OFF I go. Sometimes I think I could suddenly jolt awake and still be in the chair after what has seemed like 41.4 years but discover I've only been in this program for 6 hours! I kinda hope it's true! I'm really hoping I have a more exciting existence than this!! :confused:
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group that believes you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas millionaires, or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid." [font=Arial Narrow][/font]

President Dwight D. Eisenhower Nov. 08, 1954
BabyRider

Computer Simulation?

Post by BabyRider »

hotsauce wrote:

I don't think I'm living in a big computer.
I know I'm not living in a big computer.

I'm living in a giant coffee maker.
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

TMC

Computer Simulation?

Post by TMC »

BigScaryMonster wrote: Are you using 8-bit binary? If so, you have I believe 24 and 1/4 bytes. Are you sending that signal as a stream of characters, integers, or what?

ISTRING = CHARACTER*(*) (given)

The string to convert

NUM = BYTE (returned)

The converted value

STATUS = INTEGER (given and returned)

The global status.

:driving:
Shaman

Computer Simulation?

Post by Shaman »

More a way to experience.

A single, a one, a level of existence we cannot properly comprehend is experiencing itself. We are all this one, and the only seperation is in our heads.

We live in an illusion, an illusion that we have created to experience imaginations.

We question each other but really we are questioning ourselfs as we are all one.

Most are not aware of the one as they have been indoctrinated into a level of consensus reality that has imprisoned the mind. The one is dreaming, a dream that questions everything, even its own existence. This is our life to question ourselfs and to experience.

There is no life and death, its all an illusion.

A computer simulation is a good explanation at this moment, as the individial cannot comprehend what it all really is.

The one is God, the voice of reason is our communication with our one. the answers are more within than what we see in the illusion.

We create our own hell as the one is pure love.

Lets become aware of the one, of love. And change this illusion for the better.

:o
Galbally

Computer Simulation?

Post by Galbally »

This reminds me of the story of the scientist Bertram Russel, who held a public meeting to explain Einstein's theory of relativity (which at the time was quite novel, what am I saying? people don't even accept Darwin anymore!) Anyway, at the end of the lecture and old lady got up and said "That is all very well young man, but I know that it is all nonsense", "really?" asked Russell foolishly "why do you say that?", "because young man, the world is really a flat disk carried by 4 huge elephants on the back of an enormous turtle" "what?" cried Russell, "thats preposterous" "whats under the turtle?". "Oh your very clever young man" she retorted, "but its turtles all the way down!"

That is a true story and the inspiration behind Terry Prachetts "Diskworld" idea.

Whats the moral of the story?: Don't try and rationalize with morons, it gets you nowhere.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
theia

Computer Simulation?

Post by theia »

Shaman wrote: More a way to experience.

A single, a one, a level of existence we cannot properly comprehend is experiencing itself. We are all this one, and the only seperation is in our heads.

We live in an illusion, an illusion that we have created to experience imaginations.

We question each other but really we are questioning ourselfs as we are all one.

Most are not aware of the one as they have been indoctrinated into a level of consensus reality that has imprisoned the mind. The one is dreaming, a dream that questions everything, even its own existence. This is our life to question ourselfs and to experience.

There is no life and death, its all an illusion.

A computer simulation is a good explanation at this moment, as the individial cannot comprehend what it all really is.

The one is God, the voice of reason is our communication with our one. the answers are more within than what we see in the illusion.

We create our own hell as the one is pure love.

Lets become aware of the one, of love. And change this illusion for the better.

:o

Food for thought and inspiring first thing on a Monday morning...thank you
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”