Exhumation of W. Sikorski

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
Lenn

Post by Lenn »

Today Poles have their great day. - They have just digged up the corpse of general W. Sikorski. The exhumation took place yesterday in Cracow, Poland and then the corpse was transported to the medical centre, where it was thoroughly examined. Today the corpse has been buried once again.

The Poles are going to prove that their brave general wasn't killed in a plane crash in 1943 - as it is commonly believed, but he was in fact murdered before the accident. To make it more funny they apparently cannot establish a coherent version of who might have had killed the general. Some say it was done by Russians, others say he was killed by Brits and some of them even claim he was murdered by... Poles.

IMO, this is a classical example of a conspiracy theory. I'm curious what you think of this case, viz. is it ok to dig up a dead body only to check whether a make-believe historical theory is true or not? For me it's a bit insane.
Odie

Post by Odie »

it's totally insane to me!:-5

just let him rest in peace!

everyone has to always prove something!:mad:
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Post by spot »

The whole story of the crash in Gibraltar was strange. The British Government reviewed the evidence in the 1970s and concluded that the British themselves hadn't sabotaged the plane but that it was impossible to conclude that nobody did. There was, for example, a Russian diplomatic aircraft parked next to his. Quite a few bodies were never recovered from the plane, one of which was his daughter, and she was reportedly seen in Russian prison camps toward the end of the war with sufficient conviction that the Poles tried to rescue her.

When the General's body was send back to Poland it wasn't examined forensically, the British merely checked its identity.

it will take the Poles a couple of weeks to complete their analyses but the General ought to be back in his tomb by now.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Post by gmc »

Would be good to set the ghost to rest. We tend to take aircraft safety for granted nowadays but in those years planes often crashed for reasons other than enemy action. The russians might have done for him but realistically why would they bother? What after all could he have done. It was highly unlikely the allies were going to go to war against russia to free poland or anywhere else from russian domination, the free polish forces were not strong enough to stand a chance on their own and in 1943 were busy fighting the germans.
spot

Post by spot »

gmc;1070044 wrote: Would be good to set the ghost to rest. We tend to take aircraft safety for granted nowadays but in those years planes often crashed for reasons other than enemy action. The russians might have done for him but realistically why would they bother? What after all could he have done. It was highly unlikely the allies were going to go to war against russia to free poland or anywhere else from russian domination, the free polish forces were not strong enough to stand a chance on their own and in 1943 were busy fighting the germans.

He was pressing for a Red Cross investigation of the Katyn massacre which had been uncovered by the advancing German troops and committed by the Russians. If he'd succeeded, public opinion in the west would have undermined cooperation with the Russians. Churchill tried to stop him and he wouldn't stop.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
gmc

Post by gmc »

spot;1070098 wrote: He was pressing for a Red Cross investigation of the Katyn massacre which had been uncovered by the advancing German troops and committed by the Russians. If he'd succeeded, public opinion in the west would have undermined cooperation with the Russians. Churchill tried to stop him and he wouldn't stop.

Don't think it likely he had him killed though.
spot

Post by spot »

gmc;1070103 wrote: Don't think it likely he had him killed though.

Don't look at me, I never said he did!
gmc

Post by gmc »

spot;1070108 wrote: Don't look at me, I never said he did!

I know you didn't. Churchill is an interesting character, he apparently vetoed the assassination of hitler, if he's assassinated sikorski he would probably have done for de gaulle as well. Mind you he was all in favour of letting ghandi starve to death and ready to order British troops to fire on their own people. vry much a man of the empire.
spot

Post by spot »

Don't forget him ordering the army to kill the Welsh miners.
gmc

Post by gmc »

spot;1070117 wrote: Don't forget him ordering the army to kill the Welsh miners.

That's one i didn't know about-I've since looked it up. Hard to imagine a British government using troops nowadays bet thatcher would have if she thought she would get away with it.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Jester;1069833 wrote: Yeah I would say its the right of a government to check on things like this and I think it should be done with permission of any living relatives. Seems ok to me, why not?

now that I have had more time to think about it, yes I agree in their findings out.
Life is just to short for drama.
Lenn

Post by Lenn »

I know from the press that the examination revealed some severe injuries - typical for a plane crash. The official results of the autopsy are still unavailable, but some of the participants claim there is no evidence to support the conspiracy theory in this case. It seems the general was indeed killed in a plane crash. But I know the Poles a little bit and I bet they will still doubt it.

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”