The Backbone of Conspiracy Theories

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
koan

The Backbone of Conspiracy Theories

Post by koan »

I've had someone tell me that I should watch "Zeitgeist," the latest internet conspiracy theory film, and I like to look it up before watching so as to avoid disappointment. I'm going to watch this one as I've read some background on each of the segments, Jesus Myth, 9/11, and Federal Reserve Bank, but I'm not expecting much.

I have an expectation of conspiracy theorists that they consistently fail to meet. I'm not keen on lowering that expectation as I think they are capable of much more than they have offered so far.

My advice to conspiracy theorists:

If you have a weak argument, don't include it in your film. Quantity vs Quality is not the way to convince people of your case. It is the single, greatest flaw in all of these presentations. They've got compelling questions, facts and information but screw it all up by putting one wild card in there. As soon as that weak argument enters the film or the book, the rest of the arguments are tossed aside and that one loose thread becomes a gaping hole.

I can't figure out why they insist on including the bullet with which to shoot themselves every single time except that they are so absorbed in their own obsession with the topic that they fail to see which arguments are weak and why.

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”