Why Did PNAC Pick the WTC to Destroy?

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Accountable;928002 wrote: DrJ, Spot, anybody else that claims 9/11 was an inside job:

The conversation about 9/11 is getting so convoluted I thought this part was worth a separate thread.

How long did preparations take the US gov't to pull off this complex hoax? Was the first bombing of the WTC just a practice run?
CONCLUSION:

Accountable;930687 wrote: So PNAC, who's membership is listed in Wikipedia, in a planned effort to force war in the Middle East, and specifically in Iraq, installed a trivial front man - a puppet - into the office of President of the United States, tracked, aided, and abetted the greatest act of mass murder in the history of the United States, had demolition crews secretly plant explosives throughout one of the busiest and most famous office buildings in the world, and tossed in blowing a hole in the Pentagon for good measure. They also fabricated some good ol' Hollywood-style hero stories to stir citizens' heartstrings as distraction.

The planning likely started in or befor 1997, and was executed during the first eight months of the fake President's fake presidency.

That about cover it?

spot;930994 wrote: He's a real president in a real presidency, *snip*

Apart from that, it's the Professor Higgins moment. By Jove, I think he's got it.

DrJ;931238 wrote: I have to be honest here,, I think Spot has something there,,

*snip*

I don't care what the official story is!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess the next question would go toward the poetry of the event. Obviously PNAC picked September 11th because of the immediately recognizeable 9/11. Why did they pick WTC? Wouldn't it be better for them to destroy the UN building while it was in session?
spot

Post by spot »

Accountable;931377 wrote: I guess the next question would go toward the poetry of the event. Obviously PNAC picked September 11th because of the immediately recognizeable 9/11. Why did they pick WTC? Wouldn't it be better for them to destroy the UN building while it was in session?It's an attack on the USA, not an attack on the world. It's got to be seen as specifically Anti-American and nothing else. One great nation with its back to the wall bravely and selflessly going out at noon into the badlands to spread civilization. We all saw the westerns. 9/11 was essentially scripted for effect on US public opinion but there's something else - there's a word for it when an action brings multiple benefits. Maybe someone else can bring it to mind. From 9/11 you get both deployment of US armed forces into the Middle East - a PNAC win - and you get deep inroads into US citizens' civil liberties. You had huge chunks taken out of mine as a non-US citizen too, I might add, but that's a trivial matter by comparison.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Clint

Post by Clint »

World Trade Center. It seems to me the target was on world trade and it took place on U.S. soil. At first OBL must have thought he had hit world trade in the heart. Now he sit's in a cave wondering where the heart really is.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
spot

Post by spot »

Clint;931511 wrote: World Trade Center. It seems to me the target was on world trade and it took place on U.S. soil. At first OBL must have thought he had hit world trade in the heart. Now he sit's in a cave wondering where the heart really is.You seriously think he's sat in a cave?

WTC was the heart of Capitalism and the US is Capitalism's political engine. The WTC was definitively US as a prestige icon.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Clint

Post by Clint »

spot;931515 wrote: You seriously think he's sat in a cave?

WTC was the heart of Capitalism and the US is Capitalism's political engine. The WTC was definitively US as a prestige icon.

He may not be in a hole in the earth but he is certainly in a hole compared to how he was operating.

I've been looking for information on PNAC that isn't all frothed up with extreem liberal emotion. Any suggestions?
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
spot

Post by spot »

Clint;931527 wrote: He may not be in a hole in the earth but he is certainly in a hole compared to how he was operating.

I've been looking for information on PNAC that isn't all frothed up with extreem liberal emotion. Any suggestions?Do they not have their own website? That's where I've always been to read their publications.

Osama bin Laden is the White House's Emmanuel Goldstein. When you want the people behind you, blow an enemy out of all proportion to the threat he actually poses. This has the virtue of actually strengthening him, bringing the people even more tightly into your camp. The last thing these PNAC people want is no enemyies left out there to pose an apparent external threat.

Saddam Hussein was an invented enemy too, if it comes to that. Neither he nor his country ever posed a threat to the US.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Clint;931527 wrote: He may not be in a hole in the earth but he is certainly in a hole compared to how he was operating.

I've been looking for information on PNAC that isn't all frothed up with extreem liberal emotion. Any suggestions?
www.newamericancentury.org has been suspended, no doubt to hide their links to Middle Eastern "terrorists". But I did find something interesting: PNAC's parent organization was NCP (New Citizen Project), which was first organized in 1994, shortly after the first attack on the WTC! COINCIDENCE??!? And Here's The Kicker -- NCP's president was :eek: JOHN McCAIN! :eek:
spot

Post by spot »

Accountable;931628 wrote: Here's The Kicker -- NCP's president was :eek: JOHN McCAIN! :eek:No, that was John Waters. The quote you found referred to EXECUTIVE SESSION -- (Senate - August 01, 2001)Mr. MCCAIN. Mr. President, I want to turn to the nomination of John Walters, the President's choice for drug czar, who also deserves a confirmation hearing so he can offer his views on how to reduce drug abuse in our nation.

With all the damage drugs are doing to our children and to adult Americans, why in the world is the Senate dragging its feet on even having a confirmation hearing for our nation's highest ranking drug policy official?

John is uniquely qualified for the job of drug czar.

He distinguished himself during the first Bush administration as Deputy Director for Supply Reduction, Chief of Staff and National Security Director, and Acting Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy. During the administration of President Reagan, John served as Chief of Staff and Counselor to the Secretary of Education, as well as Assistant to the Secretary, the Secretary's Representative to the National Drug Policy Board, and the Secretary's Representative to the Domestic Policy Council's Health Policy Working Group.

John is currently serving as president of the Philanthropy Roundtable, a national association of charitable donors who are doing great work in our communities. He was previously president of the New Citizenship Project, an organization created to promote greater civic participation in our national life.

http://www.congress.gov/cgi-bin/query/z ... 01AU1-0008:

The original text should have readAccording to his senate biography, John McCain supported John Walters for "drug czar" in 2001. John Walters served as a president of NCP, "an organization created to promote greater civic participation in our national life."(I note that John McCain's senate website has been relinked and there's no search on it so I can't find the original error text there).

http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/1379.html describes John Walters, including his connection with the PNAC precursor NCP.
Clint

Post by Clint »

Accountable;931628 wrote: www.newamericancentury.org hno doubt to hide their links to Middle Eastern "terrorists". as been suspended, no doubt to hide their links to Middle Eastern "terrorists". But I did find something interesting: PNAC's parent organization was NCP (New Citizen Project), which was first organized in 1994, shortly after the first attack on the WTC! COINCIDENCE??!? And Here's The Kicker -- NCP's president was :eek: JOHN McCAIN! :eek:

The URL has been suspended because, "no doubt to hide their links to Middle Eastern "terrorists". What, outide conjecture and anecdotal evidence, removes doubt?
Clint

Post by Clint »

spot;931683 wrote: No, that was John Waters. The quote you found referred to EXECUTIVE SESSION -- (Senate - August 01, 2001)Mr. MCCAIN. Mr. President, I want to turn to the nomination of John Walters, the President's choice for drug czar, who also deserves a confirmation hearing so he can offer his views on how to reduce drug abuse in our nation.

With all the damage drugs are doing to our children and to adult Americans, why in the world is the Senate dragging its feet on even having a confirmation hearing for our nation's highest ranking drug policy official?

John is uniquely qualified for the job of drug czar.

He distinguished himself during the first Bush administration as Deputy Director for Supply Reduction, Chief of Staff and National Security Director, and Acting Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy. During the administration of President Reagan, John served as Chief of Staff and Counselor to the Secretary of Education, as well as Assistant to the Secretary, the Secretary's Representative to the National Drug Policy Board, and the Secretary's Representative to the Domestic Policy Council's Health Policy Working Group.

John is currently serving as president of the Philanthropy Roundtable, a national association of charitable donors who are doing great work in our communities. He was previously president of the New Citizenship Project, an organization created to promote greater civic participation in our national life.

http://www.congress.gov/cgi-bin/query/z ... 01AU1-0008:

The original text should have readAccording to his senate biography, John McCain supported John Walters for "drug czar" in 2001. John Walters served as a president of NCP, "an organization created to promote greater civic participation in our national life."(I note that John McCain's senate website has been relinked and there's no search on it so I can't find the original error text there).

http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/1379.html describes John Walters, including his connection with the PNAC precursor NCP.

Well that's it then, McCain is part of the conspiricy. After all NCP and PNAC both have a N and a C in them. Not only that there isn't any proof he's not part of the conspiricy and he's a Republican just like some of the other alledged conspiritors.
spot

Post by spot »

Mocking laughs don't answer the issues at all. Is that how pitiable US teaching's sunk?
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

Clint;931929 wrote: The URL has been suspended because, "no doubt to hide their links to Middle Eastern "terrorists". What, outide conjecture and anecdotal evidence, removes doubt?
Clint;931929 wrote: The URL has been suspended because, "no doubt to hide their links to Middle Eastern "terrorists". What, outide conjecture and anecdotal evidence, removes doubt?

Clint;931933 wrote: Well that's it then, McCain is part of the conspiricy. After all NCP and PNAC both have a N and a C in them. Not only that there isn't any proof he's not part of the conspiricy and he's a Republican just like some of the other alledged conspiritors.

it's the Professor Higgins moment. By Jove, I think he's got it.

Sorry for pulling the thread off-subject. The purpose of these threads is to pull each detail out separately for examination. DrJ & spot are convinced that it was a conspiracy. DrJ points out that Bldg 7 "pancaked", or collapsed rather than toppled, without the aid of professional demolition experts.

spot, on the other hand, notes the unlikelyhood of successfully making cell phone calls from aircraft. That communications event alone apparently makes even an attack that killed 189 people trivial by comparison.
spot

Post by spot »

Accountable;932143 wrote: That communications event alone apparently makes even an attack that killed 189 people trivial by comparison.

That communications event alone makes the attack that killed 189 people a matter of deliberate premeditated killing by a US covert agency. That's why it's important to focus on.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

spot;932237 wrote: That communications event alone makes the attack that killed 189 people a matter of deliberate premeditated killing by a US covert agency. That's why it's important to focus on.
A covert agency made those calls??

spot, what's your agenda?

You profess on several occassions that you admire the American people, yet you have no problem whatever believing they are stupid enough to be duped not once but twice by a completely not-secret society to install a "trivial front man" into our highest office.

You declare that it is evil to join the military knowing that fighting in a foreign land is certain, yet express admiration and call such people heroes.

At best you're disingenuous. More likely you're stirring crap for your own amusement.
spot

Post by spot »

Accountable;932248 wrote: A covert agency made those calls??What is it about the suggestion that so appals you?

Here are the processes of logic, one by one. Which link fails for you?A lady gets a series of calls which give the Caller ID of her husband's cell phone, seen in the presence of the police and shown on the FOI FBI testimony. The person making the call, whom she takes to be her husband and who quite possibly is her husband, says he's in a plane being hijacked. Physics says that's not true because that plane at that moment [page 21] is recorded on the data recorder as being at cruising altitude and no cell phone voice calls have ever been established from cruising altitude at cruising speed before or since and every physicist says it can't be done.

Either the data recorder details are being lied about, or the caller's location is being lied about.

Neither can be a result of any action of any Saudi hijacker. Either or both can only happen through the intervention of a US covert agency. No US covert agency would act without immunity from prosecution. Only the White House can grant such immunity.Therefore the White House authorised a US covert agency to provide PNAC's "some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor" as described in their September 2000 publication Rebuilding America's Defenses, because that's what 9/11 was. A catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor - which led to all of PNACs ambitions being tried for.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

spot;932485 wrote: What is it about the suggestion that so appals you?

Here are the processes of logic, one by one. Which link fails for you?

A lady gets a series of calls which give the Caller ID of her husband's cell phone, seen in the presence of the police and shown on the FOI FBI testimony. The person making the call, whom she takes to be her husband and who quite possibly is her husband, says he's in a plane being hijacked. Physics says that's not true because that plane at that moment [page 21] is recorded on the data recorder as being at cruising altitude and no cell phone voice calls have ever been established from cruising altitude at cruising speed before or since and every physicist says it can't be done.

Either the data recorder details are being lied about, or the caller's location is being lied about.

Neither can be a result of any action of any Saudi hijacker. Either or both can only happen through the intervention of a US covert agency. No US covert agency would act without immunity from prosecution. Only the White House can grant such immunity.

Therefore the White House authorised a US covert agency to provide PNAC's "some catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor" as described in their September 2000 publication Rebuilding America's Defenses, because that's what 9/11 was. A catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a new Pearl Harbor - which led to all of PNACs ambitions being tried for.
That's a hell of a lot of conjecture from that bit of circumstantial evidence.

The rest of my previous post stands. Thank you for not disagreeing.
spot

Post by spot »

Accountable;932506 wrote: That's a hell of a lot of conjecture from that bit of circumstantial evidence.What does "circumstantial" mean in this context?The rest of my previous post stands. Thank you for not disagreeing.I can't forget what Hollywood did with their remake of The War Of The Worlds. Any culture which can do that to H G Wells' story is well past any hope of redemption or return. O tempora o mores!

Seriously, what does "circumstantial" mean in the context of that post? I think you've hit the nail on the head there.
ddimz

Post by ddimz »

... to get to the other side?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> My Vintage PC Games Blog

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
spot

Post by spot »

Accountable;932506 wrote: That's a hell of a lot of conjecture from that bit of circumstantial evidence.

The rest of my previous post stands. Thank you for not disagreeing.

Right. The WTC7 report came in and there's now a detailed rebuttal of its contents. I'd like to add that to the thread - I could have chosen several, but this one seems on topic.

*** : ICH - Information Clearing House

Perhaps, finally, ForumGarden members can spare twenty minutes and actually read something they'd rather not read. Just to please me, as a favor. And then, perhaps, as an even bigger favor, they can comment on it.
kathaksung

Post by kathaksung »

WTC was a hot potato in real estate market. The insulator of both buildings were asbestos. After it was built, asbestos was banned from construction material because it is dangerous to humans health. It causes cancer. To tear down the WTC might cost as much as it was built. Who would pay for it? The owner is the New York City Harbor Authority.

There were two attempts to pull it down. First was in 1993, a car expolded in the basement garage. It failed. The next one was 911. It secceeds. In both cases, Islam extremists were blamed.

WTC was pulled down. Insurance company paid the cost. That money, theoretically, were from ordinary insurance customers.

Who benefitted? Who losed?
spot

Post by spot »

spot;1321153 wrote: *** : ICH - Information Clearing House

Perhaps, finally, ForumGarden members can spare twenty minutes and actually read something they'd rather not read. Just to please me, as a favor. And then, perhaps, as an even bigger favor, they can comment on it.

Anyone read it yet? Any comments?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

spot;1321432 wrote: Anyone read it yet? Any comments?

I read it Spot. Then I went and did some more investigating and have to say that I highly doubt three skyscrapers could all fall into their own footprint on the same day without help. All were damaged in different ways but all three came straight down. What are the odds?
spot

Post by spot »

How much would you describe that point of view as different to the one you held, say, two years ago?

What I'd love to find is a reasonable explanation for what you've described which still leaves the responsibility with a bunch of anti-Western fundamentalist Muslims. Any ideas?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

spot;1321717 wrote: How much would you describe that point of view as different to the one you held, say, two years ago?

What I'd love to find is a reasonable explanation for what you've described which still leaves the responsibility with a bunch of anti-Western fundamentalist Muslims. Any ideas?

I think I've been skeptical of the towers for at least a couple of years. It's been discussed around the people I know for a while. I think there was probably controlled demolition of all three towers. What I cant figure out is why they didn't just say they controlled the collapse for safety precautions. I suppose its because there were still live people in them.
spot

Post by spot »

So... for example, were the two planes flying into them coincidental? The people who blew the explosives in the three buildings just took advantage of the ensuing chaos to say hey, we've already got these buildings wired to blow up, let's do it today? That would still mean we could blame Middle Eastern Terrorist hijackers, wouldn't it?

You're not, I take it, suggesting the explosives were moved into the buildings after the planes hit them?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1321432 wrote: Anyone read it yet? Any comments?

If their writing is an indication of the state of their thinking then they haven't got a leg to stand on.

Having said that, if the articles quoted say what is claimed of them (and it's not the result of selective quoting etc) then the government have a massive amount of explaining to do - there's no way the official explanation can hold together.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

YZGI;1321721 wrote: I think I've been skeptical of the towers for at least a couple of years. It's been discussed around the people I know for a while. I think there was probably controlled demolition of all three towers. What I cant figure out is why they didn't just say they controlled the collapse for safety precautions. I suppose its because there were still live people in them.

Plus there is no way that the charges required to perform a controled demolition could have been laid in the time between the aircraft hitting the building and their collapse.
spot

Post by spot »

Bryn Mawr;1321728 wrote: Having said that, if the articles quoted say what is claimed of them (and it's not the result of selective quoting etc) then the government have a massive amount of explaining to do - there's no way the official explanation can hold together.Why "government"? How do you cross the gap between brought down with explosives and government responsibility?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I think if it was a controlled demolition, the charges were laid after 91? bombing maybe.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1321731 wrote: Why "government"? How do you cross the gap between brought down with explosives and government responsibility?

Because it was a government agency (or two) that published the report(s) that claimed the collapses to be purely the result of the fires - why evidence included in the first report was omitted from the second, supposedly definitive, report and why the second report reached conclusions not consistant with the laws of physics need to be explained and who better to do so than the government that published the reports.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

YZGI;1321736 wrote: I think if it was a controlled demolition, the charges were laid after 91? bombing maybe.

To what end?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Bryn Mawr;1321740 wrote: To what end?

To keep them from collapsing sideways into other buildings.
spot

Post by spot »

YZGI;1321741 wrote: To keep them from collapsing sideways into other buildings.

So an American group - either the owners or the US government - laid the explosive charges years or months before 9/11 while the building continued in use, as a secret, and on 9/11 itself when the buildings became unstable they said hey, we'd better blow the buildings before they collapse indiscriminately, but let's keep it a secret permanently?

Either lots of buildings currently have just-in-case explosive charges already laid, or you're looking at a huge coincidence that the only three buildings with pre-planted explosives happen to have suffered subsequent damage by hijacked aircraft. Which do you reckon? Lots of buildings, or big coincidence?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

spot;1321744 wrote: So an American group - either the owners or the US government - laid the explosive charges years or months before 9/11 while the building continued in use, as a secret, and on 9/11 itself when the buildings became unstable they said hey, we'd better blow the buildings before they collapse indiscriminately, but let's keep it a secret permanently?

Either lots of buildings currently have just-in-case explosive charges already laid, or you're looking at a huge coincidence that the only three buildings with pre-planted explosives happen to have suffered subsequent damage by hijacked aircraft. Which do you reckon? Lots of buildings, or big coincidence?

I have no idea.
spot

Post by spot »

YZGI;1321747 wrote: I have no idea.Would you like someone who holds evidence to leak it into the public domain, or would you rather they kept it close to their chest and left the world with an unresolved mystery?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

spot;1321748 wrote: Would you like someone who holds evidence to leak it into the public domain, or would you rather they kept it close to their chest and left the world with an unresolved mystery?

I say, lets know the truth.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

YZGI;1321749 wrote: I say, lets know the truth.

Amen - every time without a doubt.
spot

Post by spot »

I'm still waiting for Accountable to come out from behind the bushes and finally, for once, set mockery aside and set personalized thread-distracting insult aside and address the question. This is his thread, after all.

The WTC7 report came in and there's now a detailed rebuttal of its contents. I'd like to add that to the thread - I could have chosen several, but this one seems on topic.

*** : ICH - Information Clearing House

Perhaps, finally, Accountable can spare twenty minutes and actually read something he'd rather not read. Just to please me, as a favor. And then, perhaps, as an even bigger favor, he can comment on it.

I've put up with years of his unjustified SHA tagging on this site, it's time to stand up and actually discuss things.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

YZGI;1321741 wrote: To keep them from collapsing sideways into other buildings.Thats all very believable. I've never heard it before.

Can you imagine the law suites and second guessing if they came clean about something like that.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Ahso!;1322088 wrote: Thats all very believable. I've never heard it before.

Can you imagine the law suites and second guessing if they came clean about something like that.

I suppose thats probably why we haven't been told, if thats what happened.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

YZGI;1322093 wrote: I suppose thats probably why we haven't been told, if thats what happened.With that in mind do you still think it should be made known? Clearly, if you're correct the intentions were understandable. Perhaps #7 had to come down because that is where the demolition control offices were.

I don't think I'd own up to it. Its probably better denying it.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”