Who benefits the most from computer viruses?

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

i lifted this from another board ...

now i'm just a kingsize dumbass when it comes to computers and computer technology ... but this makes a hell of a lot of sense to me!

Simple answer: The antivirus software companies.

Yet, when I type in the words antivirus and conspiracy into google all I get is articles like:

"Debunking the antivirus conspiracy theory"

"Why there is no global antivirus conspiracy"

and similar. In fact, searching for 20 minutes, I did not find one single article on the subject of my interest. Only Debunk and statements such as "There is no way that there is a conspiracy here", "Its impossible". Having the first google-search page plastered with categorically stating"its nonsense" makes me suspicious though.

The idea that antivirus software companies and virus writers collaborate or that antivirus companies create viruses themselves for the purpose of high demand of their product and the ensuing huge sales is not as far-fetched and “crazy” as many claim. Afterall, they benefit hugely from malware.

What do the writers of viruses benefit from creating problems? What is their motivation for doing so and continuing to do so? Apparently we are to believe that they continue to spread viruses “just for fun”. Where does this constant onslaught of daily viruses come from? And for what reason?

The main argument of debunkers is "there is no evidence for a money trail between the companies and the virus writers"...as if this money trail would be openly shown or easy to be tracked down.

Anybody know more and willing to share?
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”