'Diet' Soft Drinks - Suicide On An Installment Plan

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
CVX

Post by CVX »

Crumpled Coke Can Poetic Justice

The photo of a crumpled can of Diet Coke told the story in the Atlanta Journal Constitution, 30-1-2000, Coke's hometown paper. Fitting, poetic, just, but tragic for the company once rated "The Most Admired Business in the World". Today Coke wouldn't even make the list. Sales are down, profits collapsing, and 6,000 employees soon will be gone. (To make room for 6,000 defence attorneys?) The tragedy is stupendously larger than 6,000 jobs; it affects hundreds of millions of unwarned, innocent, afflicted consumers across the broad face of planet earth.

* This crisis can't be solved by belt tightening, greater efficiency, more advertising, etc. It's so bad Coke can't say the word; to pronounce it will bring instant cataclysm. That word is aspartame, and their only recourse is denial, denial, denial, though every ad and commercial builds higher the scaffold upon which Coke shall surely hang.

* Reality is in that twisted Diet coke can. It's poison. It's killing the unborn, raining tumours and seizures on the population, destroying children, incapacitating workers, mimicking MS, erasing memory and blinding.

* Inexorably Diet Coke visits a plague of 92 symptoms listed by our FDA on a secret report they'll never show which names diet soda as the first source of aspartame disease. And yes, Death was one of the 92.

* Diet Coke is poison. And it's addictive, some victims drink several litres a day and keep it on their nightstands. If Coke changes the formula to remove aspartame the world will heal and the surge of hatred and vengeance by the disabled and bereaved shall certainly destroy Coca Cola.

* The poison in Diet Coke is aspartame. As a member of the National Soft Drink Association, Coke opposed FDA approval of aspartame for beverages. Their objections, running to several pages published in the Congressional Record of 5/7/85, said aspartame is uniquely and inherently unstable and breaks down in the can. It decomposes into formaldehyde, methyl alcohol, formic acid, diketopiperazine and other toxins. In a study on 7 monkeys 5 had grand mal seizures and one died, a casualty rate of 86%.

* Coke knew; and knowing, broke their good faith contract with customers, a breach exhibited by the recent plot to program vending machines to raise the price with the temperature. Dissatisfied with selling flavoured sugar water plus phosphoric acid, they switched to pushing an addictive formula called "Diet". Addictive substances multiply markets, so Diet Coke soared off the sales charts, spreading obesity in its flight. We're fatter because aspartame suppresses seratonin and makes us crave carbohydrates. Our brain is programmed to expect calories and carbohydrates when experiencing a sweet taste. When it doesn't get them, it triggers HUNGER.

* So why is aspartame/NutraSweet/Equal/Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi/etc on the market and in thousands of foods? Can you say CORRUPTION? One FDA Commissioner and one acting Commissioner have changed sides to work in the NutraSweet industry, plus 6 underlings and two federal attorneys assigned to prosecute NutraSweet for submitting fraudulent tests to get it approved. "It's like a script for Abbott & Costello." lamented an honest FDA scientist writing to Senator Metzenbaum. It works like this: "Approve our poison, and when you stop being a bureaucrat we'll make you a plutocrat! After its icensed we'll pay off the American Dietetics, the American Diabetes Association, the AMA and anyone we need who's for sale."

* The jig's up! Worldwide consumer action has exposed aspartame, and millions have kicked the habit. Coke's profits are down 37% and for a year Monsanto's been trying to sell The NutraSweet Company. Finally they sold NSC, producer of the phenylalanine in NutraSweet for $125 million. Now Monsanto faces a $71 million lawsuit for exaggerating profits. Monsanto stock is in the toilet, but they may have found a buyer in the Swiss firm Pharmacia-Upjohn. P.U. for short! The deal won't finalize for a year. The plans are to ditch the Monsanto name, as its stench is unendurable. CEO Bob Shapiro may soon be history, like Doug Ivester of Coke who just resigned.

Will the last one out please turn out the lights! The next time you reach for a diet drink (or some Sweet & Low), please consider some fruit juice. You will be much healthier.

Have a great diet-soda-free day.

(The original source for this story is not known.)
weeder

Post by weeder »

CVX wrote: Crumpled Coke Can Poetic Justice

The photo of a crumpled can of Diet Coke told the story in the Atlanta Journal Constitution, 30-1-2000, Coke's hometown paper. Fitting, poetic, just, but tragic for the company once rated "The Most Admired Business in the World". Today Coke wouldn't even make the list. Sales are down, profits collapsing, and 6,000 employees soon will be gone. (To make room for 6,000 defence attorneys?) The tragedy is stupendously larger than 6,000 jobs; it affects hundreds of millions of unwarned, innocent, afflicted consumers across the broad face of planet earth.

* This crisis can't be solved by belt tightening, greater efficiency, more advertising, etc. It's so bad Coke can't say the word; to pronounce it will bring instant cataclysm. That word is aspartame, and their only recourse is denial, denial, denial, though every ad and commercial builds higher the scaffold upon which Coke shall surely hang.

* Reality is in that twisted Diet coke can. It's poison. It's killing the unborn, raining tumours and seizures on the population, destroying children, incapacitating workers, mimicking MS, erasing memory and blinding.

* Inexorably Diet Coke visits a plague of 92 symptoms listed by our FDA on a secret report they'll never show which names diet soda as the first source of aspartame disease. And yes, Death was one of the 92.

* Diet Coke is poison. And it's addictive, some victims drink several litres a day and keep it on their nightstands. If Coke changes the formula to remove aspartame the world will heal and the surge of hatred and vengeance by the disabled and bereaved shall certainly destroy Coca Cola.

* The poison in Diet Coke is aspartame. As a member of the National Soft Drink Association, Coke opposed FDA approval of aspartame for beverages. Their objections, running to several pages published in the Congressional Record of 5/7/85, said aspartame is uniquely and inherently unstable and breaks down in the can. It decomposes into formaldehyde, methyl alcohol, formic acid, diketopiperazine and other toxins. In a study on 7 monkeys 5 had grand mal seizures and one died, a casualty rate of 86%.

* Coke knew; and knowing, broke their good faith contract with customers, a breach exhibited by the recent plot to program vending machines to raise the price with the temperature. Dissatisfied with selling flavoured sugar water plus phosphoric acid, they switched to pushing an addictive formula called "Diet". Addictive substances multiply markets, so Diet Coke soared off the sales charts, spreading obesity in its flight. We're fatter because aspartame suppresses seratonin and makes us crave carbohydrates. Our brain is programmed to expect calories and carbohydrates when experiencing a sweet taste. When it doesn't get them, it triggers HUNGER.

* So why is aspartame/NutraSweet/Equal/Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi/etc on the market and in thousands of foods? Can you say CORRUPTION? One FDA Commissioner and one acting Commissioner have changed sides to work in the NutraSweet industry, plus 6 underlings and two federal attorneys assigned to prosecute NutraSweet for submitting fraudulent tests to get it approved. "It's like a script for Abbott & Costello." lamented an honest FDA scientist writing to Senator Metzenbaum. It works like this: "Approve our poison, and when you stop being a bureaucrat we'll make you a plutocrat! After its icensed we'll pay off the American Dietetics, the American Diabetes Association, the AMA and anyone we need who's for sale."

* The jig's up! Worldwide consumer action has exposed aspartame, and millions have kicked the habit. Coke's profits are down 37% and for a year Monsanto's been trying to sell The NutraSweet Company. Finally they sold NSC, producer of the phenylalanine in NutraSweet for $125 million. Now Monsanto faces a $71 million lawsuit for exaggerating profits. Monsanto stock is in the toilet, but they may have found a buyer in the Swiss firm Pharmacia-Upjohn. P.U. for short! The deal won't finalize for a year. The plans are to ditch the Monsanto name, as its stench is unendurable. CEO Bob Shapiro may soon be history, like Doug Ivester of Coke who just resigned.

Will the last one out please turn out the lights! The next time you reach for a diet drink (or some Sweet & Low), please consider some fruit juice. You will be much healthier.

Have a great diet-soda-free day.

(The original source for this story is not known.)
I have never put a thing with artificial sweetner in my mouth. Nutra sweet was introduced 25 years ago. My friend bough superman hot chocolate for her small son. He instantly got diahrearr. There was an artical back then stating that human beings were being used as guinea pigs to test the stuff. As is the same scenario with other products, foods and drugs. The public is too trusting.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Clint

Post by Clint »

weeder wrote: I have never put a thing with artificial sweetner in my mouth. Nutra sweet was introduced 25 years ago. My friend bough superman hot chocolate for her small son. He instantly got diahrearr. There was an artical back then stating that human beings were being used as guinea pigs to test the stuff. As is the same scenario with other products, foods and drugs. The public is too trusting.

I rarely (maybe 6 times a year) drink a carbonated soft drink. I would rather drink the stuff with sugar than take my chances with artificial sweetners. I've seen people drink 6 cans of diet coke in an 8 hour work day. They are usually complaining of headaches and blame them on little green men who live in their desk drawers.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
weeder

Post by weeder »

Clint wrote: I rarely (maybe 6 times a year) drink a carbonated soft drink. I would rather drink the stuff with sugar than take my chances with artificial sweetners. I've seen people drink 6 cans of diet coke in an 8 hour work day. They are usually complaining of headaches and blame them on little green men who live in their desk drawers.
My friend drank so much Coke in the course of a day,he could have used an intravenous bottle. Same thing, always complaining of a stomachache. And what about those Mountain Dew fans? Supposedly it has a yellow dye in it that is supposed to be harmful.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Clint

Post by Clint »

purple wrote: It's common sense that sugary drinks with artificial stuff aren't good for you. Maybe the public is slowly waking up to that.

But where's your proof for all these allegations?

PS-Sudden death is listed as a possible side effect of almost everything, including aspirin.
I'd tell ya but I drank so much diet coke I can't remember.

So check this out:

www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

hegemon wrote: As a final note, one of the gasses used to exterminate Jews during the Holocaust was aspartame gas.
Holy crap! Is that true????!!!

This article is a HUGE eye-opener, and thankfully, I have never used Diet soda. I drink regular soda, that has no aspartame, correct? I'm freaked out here. This is nuts!!!
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

BabyRider wrote: Holy crap! Is that true????!!!

This article is a HUGE eye-opener, and thankfully, I have never used Diet soda. I drink regular soda, that has no aspartame, correct? I'm freaked out here. This is nuts!!!there is no such thing as 'aspartame gas'. this is classic internet-lore. searle pharmaceuticals is claimed to have been involved in the long distant past with supplying the poison pellets the nazis used in most of the death camps. that gas was generated by Zyklon-B pellets, which released hydrocyanic acid, which interacts with concrete and iron to produce cyanide gas, the same stuff used in prison gas chambers. it bears no relationship, chemical or otherwise, to aspartame.

just because some wanker puts up a website with all sorts of apparently-official documents doesn't make it true. the internet is riddled with ridiculous sites that are meant to throw the fear of god into you about anything 'artificial'. 'five out of seven monkeys had grand mal seizures' - cool. that's a pretty high rate. what did they do, swim in the stuff for a week?
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

anastrophe wrote: there is no such thing as 'aspartame gas'. this is classic internet-lore. searle pharmaceuticals is claimed to have been involved in the long distant past with supplying the poison pellets the nazis used in most of the death camps. that gas was generated by Zyklon-B pellets, which released hydrocyanic acid, which interacts with concrete and iron to produce cyanide gas, the same stuff used in prison gas chambers. it bears no relationship, chemical or otherwise, to aspartame.

just because some wanker puts up a website with all sorts of apparently-official documents doesn't make it true. the internet is riddled with ridiculous sites that are meant to throw the fear of god into you about anything 'artificial'. 'five out of seven monkeys had grand mal seizures' - cool. that's a pretty high rate. what did they do, swim in the stuff for a week?
"Internet lore..." gotta love it! Thanks for clearing THAT up! It seemed like a bit of a stretch, which is why I asked. Was aspartame even developed at this time??
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

abortretryfail

Post by abortretryfail »

Aspartame is an excitotoxin which acts on the brain as a stimulant. It's made of: aspartic acid, phenylalanine, and methanol. If you leave it on the shelf it will eventually degrade into plane old methanol. I wish I had some of the links to the studies that support this but I'm at work and they are at home. I am a nutrition consultant, though, so take my word for it . ;)

However, in your normal can of soda are 12 teaspoons of sucrose. Plain old sugar in high amounts brings its own brain damage over time, not to mention the host of damage it does to the rest of the body. In other words: put the soda down.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

I agree that sodas may not be the most healthy product we can comsume but I think the ill effects of aspartame have been completely distorted. I found some interesting information I'd like to share. :)

After reviewing scientific studies, FDA determined in 1981 that aspartame was safe for use in foods. In 1987, the General Accounting Office investigated the process surrounding FDA's approval of aspartame and confirmed the agency had acted properly. However, FDA has continued to review complaints alleging adverse reactions to products containing aspartame. To date, FDA has not determined any consistent pattern of symptoms that can be attributed to the use of aspartame, nor is the agency aware of any recent studies that clearly show safety problems.

Carefully controlled clinical studies show that aspartame is not an allergen. However, certain people with the genetic disease phenylketonuria (PKU), and pregnant women with hyperphenylalanine (high levels of phenylalanine in blood) have a problem with aspartame because they do not effectively metabolize the amino acid phenylalanine, one of aspartame's components. High levels of this amino acid in body fluids can cause brain damage. Therefore, FDA has ruled that all products containing aspartame must include a warning to phenylketonurics that the sweetener contains phenylalanine.

http://vm.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/wh-alrg1.html

Here are more sites about the safety of aspartame that include the US Food and Drug Administration, Centers for Disease Control, and the American Dietetic Association!!

http://www.aspartame.org/aspartame_latest.html

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~lrd/tpaspart.html

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00000426.htm

http://www.eatright.org/Public/Nutritio ... _16121.cfm
"A candle loses nothing of its light by lighting another candle." -James Keller

Say what you mean but don't say it mean. :yh_peace
Beth

Post by Beth »

Thank you, Enigma.

I personally do drink diet sodas and eat mints with aspatame in them. My headaches are no worse than they were when I was a water only drinker. I have seen many studies over the years. THey all seem like scare tactics. One study will say this and another study will contradict. But, it is best to limit soda consumption. I will agree with that.
Hawke

Post by Hawke »

Whoah, now...let's confirm the facts here. The monkeys stated in the study were given 3-6 grams per day of aspartame for over 200 days in a row. Further, A typical liter of diet soda has 55 milligrams of aspartame sweetener. So let's do the math...these monkeys were consuming the equivalent of (at least) 54 liters of soda per day.

Finally, if you openend your can of Diet Coke...wouldn't you think you'd notice if it was full of formaldehyde, or alcohol, or methanol, or the chemical of the day? Trust me...formaldehyde has a very distinctive smell...and that smell is not pleasant.

No, I don't work for Coke. No, I don't work in any capacity that is remotely related to diet soda...I just like facts to be straight.

Edit: I do believe 'aspartame monkeys' is the oddest search term I've ever typed into Google...
turbonium

Post by turbonium »

I always hated the taste of diet sodas - it has a 'chemical' taste to me. After reading about the dangers of aspartame, I'm glad my taste buds helped me out!!

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”