Is Ken Lay actually dead?

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
bigdumbswede

Post by bigdumbswede »

As a new member, make no mistake, I'm not REALLY a conspiracy theorist, but I occasionally like to an entertain an occasional "what if" thought or two.

When I first heard that Ken Lay had suffered a fatal heart attack, I thought, "no WAAAAY!" And just when the rest of us dolts who lost money when Enron went belly up thought the guy was actually going to the Big House. What a coincidence--he gets a guilty verdict and then suddenly, he dies before ever going to the slammer. Guilty and then he has a myocardial infarction? How CONVENIENT. Well, show me the head on a silver platter first!

I first heard that he had died while listening to NPR (yes, alas, I never listen to Faux News) I laughed aloud! Not because I think that death is hilarious, but because his death shifted some automatic conspiracy theory gears in my head.

Ken Lay had like a gajillion bucks of everyone else's money, he had friends in very high places (Dickey and Georgey), I wouldn't be surprised if he has a new name, a new social security number and had an extreme makeover. He's probably lounging on a chaise lounge somewhere, laughing all the way to his favorite Grand Cayman bank.
valerie

Post by valerie »

Problem with a conspiracy like that is you'd have to have too many

people involved... and there are too many who wouldn't always keep

their mouths shut. Dontcha think?

:lips:
Tamsen's Dogster Page

http://www.dogster.com/?27525

downag

Post by downag »

I had never thought of this one before, and you know; he could be alive and having a ball on some island somewhere!

How many times have we seen it done in a movie? James Bond had a funeral with military honors and all, only to reappear in Japan after plastic surgery, as a Japanese. If you had his money (Lay's) you could buy enough people to carry it through. Even buy a coroner! Put on a big show. They have drugs to make a person to appear dead to all except an expert. Pay the expert, and who's to know?

You have to remember, those rich people are privy to a lot of information, you and I can only imagine, and they also know where all the bodies are buried.

Think about it!
Crème brûlée

Post by Crème brûlée »

downag wrote: I had never thought of this one before, and you know; he could be alive and having a ball on some island somewhere!

How many times have we seen it done in a movie? James Bond had a funeral with military honors and all, only to reappear in Japan after plastic surgery, as a Japanese. If you had his money (Lay's) you could buy enough people to carry it through. Even buy a coroner! Put on a big show. They have drugs to make a person to appear dead to all except an expert. Pay the expert, and who's to know?

You have to remember, those rich people are privy to a lot of information, you and I can only imagine, and they also know where all the bodies are buried.

Think about it!

Yes, well and alive with a new face and identity. (after watching the Emmy awards last night I had nightmares, all that plastic surgery was scary.):p
DesignerGal

Post by DesignerGal »

That was funny. I almost couldnt finish it because wine was spewing from my nose as I was reading it. IN what way would anyone benefit (except him) in covering up his death?

HBIC
allisonthegreat

Post by allisonthegreat »

bigdumbswede wrote: As a new member, make no mistake, I'm not REALLY a conspiracy theorist, but I occasionally like to an entertain an occasional "what if" thought or two.

When I first heard that Ken Lay had suffered a fatal heart attack, I thought, "no WAAAAY!" And just when the rest of us dolts who lost money when Enron went belly up thought the guy was actually going to the Big House. What a coincidence--he gets a guilty verdict and then suddenly, he dies before ever going to the slammer. Guilty and then he has a myocardial infarction? How CONVENIENT. Well, show me the head on a silver platter first!

I first heard that he had died while listening to NPR (yes, alas, I never listen to Faux News) I laughed aloud! Not because I think that death is hilarious, but because his death shifted some automatic conspiracy theory gears in my head.

Ken Lay had like a gajillion bucks of everyone else's money, he had friends in very high places (Dickey and Georgey), I wouldn't be surprised if he has a new name, a new social security number and had an extreme makeover. He's probably lounging on a chaise lounge somewhere, laughing all the way to his favorite Grand Cayman bank.

Well, you know they say Jim Morrison is still alive. It could happen.
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

with the resources at his disposal, i don't see why he would have not 'died' before the trial even started. why go through all that?
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
cars

Post by cars »

allisonthegreat wrote: Well, you know they say Jim Morrison is still alive. It could happen.

Some say they have reciently seen Elvis!:rolleyes: So. . . . . . .
Cars :)
Adam Zapple

Post by Adam Zapple »

bigdumbswede wrote: Ken Lay had like a gajillion bucks of everyone else's money, he had friends in very high places (Dickey and Georgey),

Don't leave out Bill Clinton and Bush the elder. Back in the '70s, my city had a Public Safety Commissioner who was a ruthless and corrupt man. He was being investigated for financial malfeasance which quickly turned to conspiracy to murder when some Mafioso informants were killed along with a reporter exposing his crimes. However, before he was arrested and tried, he went to Houston for open-heart surgery and "died" on the operating table. The funeral was closed casket and there was nothing but a death certificate to verfiy his demise. Many, of course, believe he retired to a life of luxury under an assumed identity. That's the only conspiracy theory I've ever believed in.

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”