James Frey Book Fraud Opposite

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
Sister May

Post by Sister May »

While James Frey (A Million Little Pieces) is trying to convince us his book is a true-life story, Brian Dullaghan is claiming his book is definitely fiction. Mel Gibson purchased the rights to Dullaghans ‘novel’ Stealing from Angels in March 2005 but is yet to make public; any comments regarding this acquisition.

Reviews of Stealing from Angels suggest that this work is anything but fiction. Cyber sleuths around the globe are posting updates about Dullaghans clear involvement in many of the ‘Stings’ as described in this religious thriller. (Oddly available in many foreign languages but not published in English. Except for a self-published version available from amazon and barnesandnoble etc... but with absolutely zero retail support)

Typing the books title into google’s search engine delivers over one million links to a vast number of stories about Dullaghans sordid and criminal past.

Stealing from Angels deals with a subject close to Mel Gibson’s heart. The 3rd secret of Fatima.

Over a six-month period during 1917 three young shepherd children from Fatima, Portugal were witnesses to a series of apparitions. During these ‘meetings’ the Virgin Mary (is said to) have given the children a message for the world. The message was in three parts. The first two parts where chillingly accurate predictions which have since proven to be true, with the third part, now known as the 3rd secret of Fatima, never being disclosed.

In 1944, the one surviving member of the Fatima children, Lucia Dos Santos, recorded the final part of the Blessed Virgin Mary’s message on two small pieces of note-paper. On completion she asked that the Bishop of Lisbon deliver her note to the Vatican for presentation to the Holy Father.

The central theme of Stealing from Angels is the theft of Lucia’s note.

The item was stolen on September 27th 1978 during a break-in at the apartment of the Holy Father Pope John Paul I. The Holy Father was found dead in those same rooms the following morning. (He had been Pope for only 33 days, his death never being fully explained by the Vatican)

In September 2003 Mel Gibson travelled to Combria, Portugal to meet with Lucia Dos Santos, now Sister Mary Lucy. (She died on February 13th 2005 aged 97)

It is believed that Gibson licensed this work after he received a special copy from Portuguese publisher Mercado de Letras. This first edition copy was signed by Lucia Dos Santos. She died one month after meeting with author Dullaghan after agreeing to meet with him to discuss the impending release of Stealing from Angels.

Note: Although Dullaghan has put an email address at the rear of his book, he offers no correspondence to what must be, at the very least, questions from Catholics regarding the 3rd secret of Fatima.
Bronwen

Post by Bronwen »

NOTE: The opening post appears on two different forums here. I responded on the other forum and am repeating my response here. As I note at the end, I expect to post more on the subject when I have more online time, possibly this weekend.Sister May wrote: 1. Brian Dullaghan is claiming his book is definitely fiction.

2. The central theme of Stealing from Angels is the theft of Lucia’s note. The item was stolen on September 27th 1978 during a break-in at the apartment of the Holy Father Pope John Paul I.

3. Although Dullaghan has put an email address at the rear of his book, he offers no correspondence to what must be, at the very least, questions from Catholics regarding the 3rd secret of Fatima. 1. Understood.

2. Just so there's no misunderstanding, this is also fiction.

3. I'm not sure what those questions would be, since the third secret was disclosed by JPII and is available online, and by the way, it is somewhat longer than would fit on two small scraps of paper. Here is the actual text, complete:"After the two parts which I have already explained, at the left of Our Lady and a little above, we saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendor that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand: pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: 'Penance, Penance, Penance!'. And we saw in an immense light that is God: 'something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it' a Bishop dressed in White 'we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God."The entire story of Fatima is nonetheless a very interesting one, and I have several additional observations to contribute as soon as time permits.

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”