Who killed Marilyn Monroe?

Fact or Fiction? Discuss here.
mooser745

Post by mooser745 »

I just finished reading an article on Marilyn's death (this month's Playboy mag...which also has a great interview with Pacino and another good read on Super Bowl tix bookies.) I'm not an expert (although I admit to being a Forensic Files junkie), there were a few points that the article brought up that really make me wonder how it could have been classified as an "apparent suicide" and not further investigated as a murder. Though this might be fun to discuss...as I'm sure everyone has an opinion on theory. Feel free to add your thoughts:

1) Her house was completely bugged, under 24/7 surveillance from all sorts of people (FBI, CIA, Hoffa, etc.) So how could no one have heard, or even better, had a tape of what happened that night?

2) The autopsy report was compromised, with a majority of the substances reported "missing"...including that from her stomach (her death, they say, was caused from taking 30-40 pills...but how could that be confirmed without proper testing?)

3) She was planning to re-marry Joe DiMaggio (according to his niece), so the idea of killing herself (and not really leaving a note, or calling him) doesn’t seem to really make sense to me.

Mike
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

as sad as she was, she was a total loon and did herself, whether accidently or not. and HI , welcome to FG :) ( i will admit "playboy" is not my reference of choice :thinking: )
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

you may like this....Mini-biography of Marilyn Monroe, focusing on her untimely death ...
observer1

Post by observer1 »

I had just seen a thing on TV about the theories surrounding her death. One of the doctors they spoke with said there's no way she could've ingested that many pills herself. Idunno. But I wonder what they'd find if they were to reopen it & exume her body. Very curious!!
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

SnoozeControl wrote: I dunno, she was pretty conspicuously involved with the Kennedy brothers and ole Frank Sinatra wanted to get in tight with Jack... possibly by getting rid of an embarrassment. Could be something there.

Hi Mooser, nice to meet you. :)

I thought Sinatra wanted to marry her

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
booradley

Post by booradley »

who cares?
booradley

Post by booradley »

couldn't care less about my post count,

So......Princess Diana...murder most foul or an accident?
Uncle Kram

Post by Uncle Kram »

SnoozeControl wrote: Not that I ever heard... he was pretty obsessed with Ava Gardner.

Who wouldn't be, though?
Well he had 2 separate affairs with Marilyn. Not sure if one was while he was married to Ava.

Old blue eyes was kinda in bed with Marilyn & the Kennedys

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
booradley

Post by booradley »

gay love
lady cop

Post by lady cop »

moverguy wrote: Princess was a hit

Monroe was also a hit cobblers
StupidCowboyTricks

Post by StupidCowboyTricks »

lady cop wrote: cobblers

Is that anything like a "Keebler"?:o
Someone asked me why I swear so much. I said, "Just becuss.":)

Jean Toles

Post by Jean Toles »

mooser745 wrote: I just finished reading an article on Marilyn's death (this month's Playboy mag...which also has a great interview with Pacino and another good read on Super Bowl tix bookies.) I'm not an expert (although I admit to being a Forensic Files junkie), there were a few points that the article brought up that really make me wonder how it could have been classified as an "apparent suicide" and not further investigated as a murder. Though this might be fun to discuss...as I'm sure everyone has an opinion on theory. Feel free to add your thoughts:

1) Her house was completely bugged, under 24/7 surveillance from all sorts of people (FBI, CIA, Hoffa, etc.) So how could no one have heard, or even better, had a tape of what happened that night?

2) The autopsy report was compromised, with a majority of the substances reported "missing"...including that from her stomach (her death, they say, was caused from taking 30-40 pills...but how could that be confirmed without proper testing?)

3) She was planning to re-marry Joe DiMaggio (according to his niece), so the idea of killing herself (and not really leaving a note, or calling him) doesn’t seem to really make sense to me.

Mike

I was young when she died and everyone thought it was suicide. It's complicated because of her background and her relationship with the Kennedy brothers. Her mother was mentally ill and institutionalized at least part of her life. She was a "bootstrap" berson in the sense she used her looks, ingenuity and ambition to become a movie star and sex symbol. I think she worked in an airplane manufacturing plant before she became famous. She developed a drinking problem and had a problem with lateness, so much that she was fired from a movie. Later on, she, alledgedly fell in love with Robert Kennedy but was also involved with the President, John Kennedy briefly. She was supposed to have been promiscuous. She kept a diary of her relationship with RFK and he was supposed to have become very angry when he went to her house to break off the relationship. It was this story that the conspiracy theory that he had her kileld evolved. The diary was missing when she was found dead. There are stories that, sometimes, she hallucinated and was mentally ill, too. No one really knows. I've been a Kennedy family fan, but I stopped when I thought they may have had her killed. However, I can't imagine that RFK would have had anyone killed over a threat to his career. Just remember, there were many assassins in the 1960s: JFK, RFK and MLK. JFK and Bobbie's enemies could have leaked rumors about their affairs with Marily Monroe. Their careers could have been destroyed in this way, without them killing her. As I understand it, Bobbie was really in love with his wife, had a lot of personal integrity, and was very religious. He would have believed that he would go to hell if he had had someone killed. He was considered mean and ruthless to those he went after, but he had 9 or 11 children with his wife, Edith and did a lot for the civil rights movement and poor people - wanted to do a lot. I am going to rehabilitate him in my mind at least, as far as Marilyn is concerned. I think the same group of people killed him as they did JFK and MLK. We will never know who killed Marilyn Monroe, exactly, but I don't think it was Robert Kennedy. It may have been people in the Democratic Party who kileld her, without, his knowledge. I find it difficult to believe, again, that RFK would have anyone killed because of the aforementioned reasons.

Jean

Return to “Conspiracy Theories”