Bush Says Kerry 'More Heroic' for Going to Vietnam

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

I'm glad to hear him say this. Now it's Kerry's move. I doubt Kerry can move on though. If he can't, then I think it reflects poorly on his ability to lead and manage.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush on Saturday described John Kerry's tour of duty in Vietnam as more heroic than his own service in the Air National Guard, saying his Democratic rival had been "in harm's way."

But the president told NBC's "Today" show that both sides should drop the debate over their wartime service, saying, "I think that we ought to move beyond the past. ... The real question is who best to lead us forward."
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
capt_buzzard

Post by capt_buzzard »

Them two should have been in the movies together. Good Morning Vietnam,but then again G.W. was Anti War.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

.. :wah:

capt_buzzard wrote: Them two should have been in the movies together. Good Morning Vietnam,but then again G.W. was Anti War.
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

That's an interesting point. I read a Kerry interview (last week?) where he stated that debating Bush was going to be tough. I thought that was an interesting confession. Actually, following the rules of debating and scoring, Kerry just lost a point before the debate even started! :o

However, I am looking forward to a debate(s). Neither candidate should be afraid to get up in front of the public and articulate their positions.

plazul wrote: Good. Maybe now Dubyah will agree to more than three debates.
anastrophe

Post by anastrophe »

what i've heard is that, based upon however pundits score these things, bush is a good debater, and has won his last three debates (not individual debates, but rounds of debates before elections). go figure, the guy can barely form a complete sentence normally, but then that's when he's speaking extemporaneously. in a debate, it's give and take - after a fashion - which engages the brain differently.
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Tombstone

Post by Tombstone »

I remember reading the same thing. That is interesting.

anastrophe wrote: what i've heard is that, based upon however pundits score these things, bush is a good debater, and has won his last three debates (not individual debates, but rounds of debates before elections). go figure, the guy can barely form a complete sentence normally, but then that's when he's speaking extemporaneously. in a debate, it's give and take - after a fashion - which engages the brain differently.

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”