Opposition research wars

Discuss Presidential or Prime Minister elections for all countries here.
Pearl Harbor

Opposition research wars

Post by Pearl Harbor »

I wonder if many, like me, are tired of the whole mess. I really am not interested. I think you and others on another thread spoke about wanting to hear about the issues now. What happened back in the 1960's is not nearly as important as what is happening now.

plazul wrote: As the swifties gain speed in their character assasination campaign against John Kerry opposition researchers at the DNC are now busy delving into the personal histories of some of the members of Swift Boaters For Truth. They say turnabout is fair play and, according to insiders, they have already uncovered some damaging information about a number of members. Meanwhile, Kerry is taking the high road demanding that the swift boat ads be withdrawn and criticizing the White House for complicity in the swift boat scheme.

Will the DNC hardball assault on the swifties backfire? I think it's a dicey thing to do because it could lead to even more muck raking by the Bush camp involving Kerry's personal life and it might reveal some embarrassing details about his wifes' history (something the RNC is toying with) and lifestyle. That would be a new low in presidential politics because, with the exception of Billy Carter, family members of candidates have traditionally (in the last 50 years) been off limits for personal attacks. Many have received unflattering attention in the press but I'm talking about vicious accusations and direct attacks by the opposition.
anastrophe

Opposition research wars

Post by anastrophe »

god forbid the candidates stick to the issues.

this election is pathetic. tweedle-dum or tweedle-dee.

maybe i should declare my candidacy as a write in.

i believe that everyone should be rich, nobody should pay taxes, we should all be happy, poverty will become a meaningless word, and a dozen krispy kremes in every kitchen!
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][/FONT]
Tombstone

Opposition research wars

Post by Tombstone »

You may laugh, but I just may put: "Anastrophe" as my write-in choice. :D

anastrophe wrote: god forbid the candidates stick to the issues.

this election is pathetic. tweedle-dum or tweedle-dee.

maybe i should declare my candidacy as a write in.

i believe that everyone should be rich, nobody should pay taxes, we should all be happy, poverty will become a meaningless word, and a dozen krispy kremes in every kitchen!
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.
Tombstone

Opposition research wars

Post by Tombstone »

You betcha. I'm terribly afraid it really won't make a big difference who gets elected.

plazul wrote: I would like very much to hear the issues but I doubt that Bush will debate Kerry any time soon and if he does it will be questions in advance.

The campaign and campaign tactics have become *the * issue for the media and I think that will be the case right on through to November.
Please use the "contact us" button if you need to contact a ForumGarden admin.

Return to “Presidential Elections Campaigns”