A new approach - David wants to buy Goliath

LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I rather like this idea.

Though, if they were to succeed, what would they do with it?

"For years, Anheuser Busch InBev has been snapping up beloved craft breweries: Chicago's Goose Island in 2011, Seattle's Elysian and Redhook in 2015, and Colorado's own Breckenridge Brewery the same year.

Never before have things gone the other way. Until now. The Boulder-based Brewers Association launched a crowdfunding campaign to buy the world's largest beer maker Anheuser-Busch InBev for $213 billion dollars.

As of Tuesday afternoon, 32 hours after launch, $1.9 million had been pledged by more than 5,900 craft fanatics...."

Craft brewers launch largest-ever crowdfunding campaign to buy Anheuser-Busch InBev - Colorado Daily
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

LarsMac;1513384 wrote: I rather like this idea.

Though, if they were to succeed, what would they do with it?

"For years, Anheuser Busch InBev has been snapping up beloved craft breweries: Chicago's Goose Island in 2011, Seattle's Elysian and Redhook in 2015, and Colorado's own Breckenridge Brewery the same year.

Never before have things gone the other way. Until now. The Boulder-based Brewers Association launched a crowdfunding campaign to buy the world's largest beer maker Anheuser-Busch InBev for $213 billion dollars.

As of Tuesday afternoon, 32 hours after launch, $1.9 million had been pledged by more than 5,900 craft fanatics...."

Craft brewers launch largest-ever crowdfunding campaign to buy Anheuser-Busch InBev - Colorado Daily

One hell of a long way to go yet though.

On the other hand, we might get some decent beer if they succeed :-)
spot

Post by spot »

We could work out how feasible it is, I expect others have done the same sum.

It's an American thing, nobody but an American is going to join in.

There's 200 million adult Americans who are not teetotal - bear with my made up facts, they're close-enough estimates to get the sum done.

20 million of them care what their drink tastes like and have a bank account. That's the maximum number who might contribute if the ball starts rolling.

A 50% share in Anheuser-Busch InBev would cost them 213bn /2 /20m = 5320 dollars each. That's more than each of them spends on Christmas presents annually.

So no, it can't be done. They'd need to each pledge $500 a year for ten years and that's not practical.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Doesn't it defeat the very idea of "Craft beers" ?

It's not going to happen, could it be a publicity stunt of some kind, though can't think how it could be.

They have a lot of brands, covering the world....HERE
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
spot

Post by spot »

Another consideration is that, if they continue attracting funds at their present rate of $1.9m every 32 hours, they'll have enough to buy half the shares in 205 years. That doesn't offer ground for optimism.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”