The Book

Oscar Namechange

The Book

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I suppose we all know each other well enough and long enough now for me to share the story of ' The Book'.

I often speak of my Father on this forum for he was such a special man and I was truly blessed.

My Father was an only child and one day his Father went off to The Somme In The First World war. My Father was 10 years old when his Father was blown up by a shell. His Mother dies a year later.

He was passed around a series of Aunt's for 6 months here and 6 months there. He told me as he was dying of cancer that the only words he prayed he'd one day hear was that he didn't have to pack his case that day but he was staying forever but It never happened.

When I got to four years old, my Father made and wrote me a book. It was about a man and woman who wanted a very very special child. Not any child but a little girl who had to have black hair, olive skin and dark brown eyes. The book was about the long journey this couple had travelling across many lands to find this special little girl. They had to go before the King of the land ( social services) and explain why they wanted this child so badly. They had to prove their worthiness and finally the King granted his permission to allow them to have this special child.

The book had drawings of all the Important people they met on there way but my Father. never showed me the last page.

After reading me this story every night and after months, my knowing every line off by heart, he showed me the last page.... Under the heading ' That special child was you' was my photograph.

He said as he lay dying that If he could stop just one child from feeling unwanted, then he had done something with his life.

And yes, you did Dad,
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AnneBoleyn

The Book

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Are you adopted?

I love the stories you tell about your Dad; such a loving, interesting man.
Oscar Namechange

The Book

AnneBoleyn;1436113 wrote: Are you adopted?

I love the stories you tell about your Dad; such a loving, interesting man.

Yes, that was his way of explaining to me at the age of 4 that I was adopted or as he called It ' Chosen'.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
AnneBoleyn

The Book

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Beautiful story, you hit the dad Jackpot.
Oscar Namechange

The Book

AnneBoleyn;1436116 wrote: Beautiful story, you hit the dad Jackpot.

Other members of the family have followed suit and adopted so we are a mixed bag. For me, being adopted at 9 weeks old, I know no different than then as my family but I met my birth parents when I got to 16 years old. They had gone on to marry and have more children so I have quite a bizzare life where I have two families but to me family Is and always will be my adoptive family... as my Mother used to say ' when you love enough, you can make anything your own'.
theia

The Book

Post by theia »

That is so moving, Oscar.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
tude dog

The Book

Post by tude dog »

Thanks for sharing your story.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Oscar Namechange

The Book

My Father was dying of cancer and about 4 days before he died, he nodded to the bottom drawer of a cabinet and told me I'd find my adoption papers In my file In there.

He said he'd never shown them to me before because they had never needed to be shown. I was his daughter In his heart and no piece of paper would tell me different.

He said my Mother could give them to me If I wanted after he had left me but all the time he was there, I never needed them.

If only every child could have been as lucky as me... I was truly ' The Chosen One',
High Threshold

The Book

Post by High Threshold »

What did our dad think of Mick Jagger skipping across your anatomy?
Bruv

The Book

Post by Bruv »

You made me well up then.......
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Oscar Namechange

The Book

High Threshold;1455883 wrote: What did our dad think of Mick Jagger skipping across your anatomy? Where do I start ?

My Father believed at the time that Mick Jagger was the spawn of Satan. Ironically I used to blame The News of the World tabloid for libeling him. Jagger did actually successfully sue them for libel back In the 60's. To my father they were the great unwashed.

He loathed the ' Sympathy for The Devil' track that as a teenager I play non stop.

I remember once we were about to eat and my Father saying ' Can't we just for once have Sunday lunch without hearing what comes out of Mick Jagger's mouth'. oh and along with ' You're not coming to Cricket until you cover that up'... suits me Dad

I was about 16 years old when one day I said to my father ' You'll be calling him Sir one day'... as true as I'm sitting here. Sadly, he didn't live to see It.

The tattoo... he nearly had an Epi.... For years I heard ' God gave you a beautiful body and you've ruined It'... so yeah, you could say he wasn't happy.
High Threshold

The Book

Post by High Threshold »

Back then you either loved the Stones or The Beatles. I don't know anyone who admired both, nor anyone who "switched sides". I enjoy music so it goes without saying that I was a Beatles fan. :sneaky:

Anyway ......

Oscar Farage;1455927 wrote:

The tattoo... he nearly had an Epi.... For years I heard ' God gave you a beautiful body and you've ruined It'... so yeah, you could say he wasn't happy.

F-ing tattoos are compulsory for any female in Sweden, between the ages of puberty and 50, but if any of my children ever get one it will be the saddest day in my life as a parent. Do you want to know all of the reasons I dislike them ..... or shall we remain friends instead? :wah:
Oscar Namechange

The Book

High Threshold;1455931 wrote: Back then you either loved the Stones or The Beatles. I don't know anyone who admired both, nor anyone who "switched sides". I enjoy music so it goes without saying that I was a Beatles fan. :sneaky:

Anyway ......

F-ing tattoos are compulsory for any female in Sweden, between the ages of puberty and 50, but if any of my children ever get one it will be the saddest day in my life as a parent. Do you want to know all of the reasons I dislike them ..... or shall we remain friends instead? :wah:

I loathed the Beatles with a passion. To me, they were dreary, they still are. I won't go Into reams of why but for me, Jagger and Richard's Insight at such young ages In tracks such as ' Mother's little helper' showed something, for me, the Beatles never had.

TBH, there are times I regret the Tattoo and I don't like them either. I did dally with the Idea of having It lasered out many times but never bothered. Not many get to see It.
High Threshold

The Book

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Farage;1455935 wrote: I loathed the Beatles with a passion.

I'm covering my eyes now.

Oscar Farage;1455935 wrote: .... the Tattoo ..... Not many get to see It.

If I uncover my eyes for just a sec ...... can I ...... please?
Oscar Namechange

The Book

High Threshold;1455942 wrote: I'm covering my eyes now.

If I uncover my eyes for just a sec ...... can I ...... please? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

My revolting neighbour ( yes her again ) started off with a tattoo on her wrist. Over a year, she now proudly sports what she calls her sleeve. She Is tattoo'd from wrists to shoulder. On her fingers are strange symbols that force the curious to ask her what they mean. There are chinese tattoo's on her neck and breasts.

When I look at this In a strapless dress on a summer's day, It makes mine look positively classy and that's saying something. Her husband thinks she looks beautiful and I suppose that Is what counts.
High Threshold

The Book

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Farage;1455945 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

My revolting neighbour ( yes her again ) started off with a tattoo on her wrist. Over a year, she now proudly sports what she calls her sleeve. She Is tattoo'd from wrists to shoulder. On her fingers are strange symbols that force the curious to ask her what they mean. There are chinese tattoo's on her neck and breasts.

When I look at this In a strapless dress on a summer's day, It makes mine look positively classy and that's saying something. Her husband thinks she looks beautiful and I suppose that Is what counts.

Pardon me my rudeness, but I'd rather stick it through a hole in a Wooly's advert in a weekly newspaper for all of the print and colours and such.
Oscar Namechange

The Book

High Threshold;1455947 wrote: Pardon me my rudeness, but I'd rather stick it through a hole in a Wooly's advert in a weekly newspaper for all of the print and colours and such.
My husband finds It utterly revolting but she thinks It's great and so does her husband and that's what counts. I wonder If I am allowed to post a pic of her arms here without showing her face?

I said to my husband one day that If he found her repulsive, thehn didn't my tattoo also make him feel unwell. He said my tattoo would at least give him something to Identify my body by should the worst come to the worst.... men !!!!
High Threshold

The Book

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Farage;1455951 wrote: My husband finds It utterly revolting

I agree with him.

Oscar Farage;1455951 wrote: I wonder If I am allowed to post a pic of her arms here without showing her face?

Please don't.

Oscar Farage;1455951 wrote: I said to my husband one day that If he found her repulsive, thehn didn't my tattoo also make him feel unwell.

Why do women insist on putting men is these impossibly precarious situations - with no way out?

Oscar Farage;1455951 wrote: He said my tattoo would at least give him something to Identify my body by should the worst come to the worst.... men !!!!

Let me guess ..... "Lord Sugar" is his stage name, being an escape artist at the circus.
Oscar Namechange

The Book

High Threshold;1455954 wrote: I agree with him.

Please don't.

Why do women insist on putting men is these impossibly precarious situations - with no way out?

Let me guess ..... "Lord Sugar" is his stage name, being an escape artist at the circus. You don't know who Lord Sugar Is ?
High Threshold

The Book

Post by High Threshold »

Oscar Farage;1455955 wrote: You don't know who Lord Sugar Is ?

Is this a trick question?
dkmonline

The Book

Post by dkmonline »

i need more information..

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”