Pam's Place

AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

My got old room, if I had one, is probably full of nasty big sticky spiders' webs, bats, rampant grasshoppers, howling banshees and feral wombats, not to mention slithering snakes right out of some Harry Potter movie. Cleaning up is always too hard, so one moves on...

"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

Betty Boop

Pam's Place

Post by Betty Boop »

Ah, Pam you just caught me off to the charity shop with some bits I no longer need.

Would you be interested in a brown cardi? I think it would drape nicely over the back of a big comfy chair and would be good to brighten the place up a bit (brown and bright :thinking: hmmm do those two words go together? :-3).

Lots of books, mostly classics and a nice bookcase to store them in too. Maybe you should start a book club, we could begin with working our way through all the novels by Dickens. Be sure to invite Theia, she'll love it!

There's also a cute sheep draught excluder for behind the door that some crazy lady gave me some years ago.

Plenty of mugs for coffee, sadly no cups and saucers for any tea though :-6
AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

I neeeeeed COFFEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached files

AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

G'day Betty!! I'm not sure about the brown cardie... I mean fergit sheep... that's a red rag to a bull (cow?) where a certain mutual friend is concerned. But then, there's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't have a corrida in here -.... Ole toto...er toro!!! Fergit Toto... we'll send him back to Kansas. I don't do doggies in here, they do doggie doings, and the only thing I want to find on the underside of my fifteen inch stiletto heeled green koala feather boots is trolls, spammers or blokes who did me wrong and didn't oughta have.

But I digress.... the coffee machine is here. We need a jukebox that just plays the blues.. and books of course. Dickens though? I know the house is a bit bleak at the moment, but we do have coffeeeeeee now...

AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

Ole!!!

Attached files

Odie

Pam's Place

Post by Odie »

hello Pam and welcome back!

I don't do spiders nor centipedes but I do love grasshoppers.

let's share some tea while we talk and catch up.

Attached files
Life is just to short for drama.
theia

Pam's Place

Post by theia »

I am theia. I am 62 (and a half) years old. I came into this world to spread love, joy and compassion...this was my sole purpose and one in which I have not failed. Ne'er a mean or unloving word has ever escaped my lips. Ne'er a wrong action have I performed. And yet, my ascended mistresses have informed me of a brutal and direct attack upon my integrity on this, a simple internet forum. I am hurt, to the core. But to those who seem determined to destroy my reputation and to besmirch my character, I give only my blessings and my love.

Anyway, I don't give a monkey's if you use that cardi as a chair throw, Betty. I shall just sit in that chair and gradually unravel the cursed thing. Huh! I shall destroy all evidence of Dickens and relace with Wally Lamb, Jodie Picoult and Sophie Hannah. I shall sup tea all day long and will hang my print of Tyrone, the spliff smoking cow, on the wall. And, as I am over 60, I shall spit, frequently.

My love I send to you all.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

Lovely nostalgia trip today. I even walked by the house I used to live in Medical Research School at ANU looks so different now, but the nearby Botanic Gardens with their mist gully is the same.

Tilleys - Kathy, you'll remember Tilleys from VIP days photos - looks more bohemian than ever and has a sister establishment with unmatched dumped furniture, student posters, mad music and hey, it's just like Sydney.. welll a bit like Sydney .... no not really... too many politically correct, chardonnay swilling, limp wristed, leftie pubic servants... grin

AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

MEGA GUFFAW, Theia... and I'm reminded of the red hat poem... love the wall poster... and hey... I'm feeling kinda light headed in a sort of neat giggle way.... LOVE PEACE... FLOWERS hic....

AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

"When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple

with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.

And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves

and satin candles, and say we've no money for butter.

I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired

and gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells

and run my stick along the public railings

and make up for the sobriety of my youth.

I shall go out in my slippers in the rain

and pick the flowers in other people's gardens

and learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat

and eat three pounds of sausages at a go

or only bread and pickles for a week

and hoard pens and pencils and beer nuts and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry

and pay our rent and not swear in the street

and set a good example for the children.

We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?

So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised

When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple."

Jenny Joseph

theia

Pam's Place

Post by theia »

Brilliant, Pammie, I love those verses

Doesn't it feel good to be ridiculous?

:-4
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
spot

Pam's Place

Post by spot »

AussiePam;1363988 wrote: I don't do doggies in here, they do doggie doingsspot blinks, whines slightly and pads back to his basket
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Kathy Ellen

Pam's Place

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Good morning Pam :-6

chonsigirl

Pam's Place

Post by chonsigirl »

Good morning Pammie!
AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

Morning all. Put that bloody dog outside, somebody. SCOOT !!!!!

Chonsi... great to see you. How are things your end? Hope the heat is not too bad there.

I see Kathy's been chatting up the barista, to good effect.

Saturday morning here, and I'm typing, sitting up in bed in my purple jarmies... with a coffee at my elbow. BLISS

What mischief will this day hold? Something totally ridiculous, I hope.

theia

Pam's Place

Post by theia »

Much to the amusement of my children and my work colleagues, I was stopped by the police for speeding a few weeks ago (44 in a 40mph limit...after the teasing I had to endure, I quite wish I'd lied to my tormentors and said my speed was, well, at least 80.)

Anyway, I wasn't fined but had to endure a lecture from a 12 year old policeman. He said, "Madam, you will not reach your destination any quicker by speeding." When my daughter stopped laughing at my reckless law breaking, she said, "Actually he wasn't being truthful, you would have got there quicker, you would have got there 4 miles an hour quicker." And I think she's right...isn't she?

At this point I could say that it was partly Betty's fault that I was speeding...but I won't. I'm far too gracious for that.
AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

Rubbish, Theia.... it just shows the 12 year old policeman is naff at maths. Of course you'll get there quicker if you drive faster. GEESCH... you're a fast woman, aren't you... grin.

I've just noticed that people seem to have a bunch of gifts under their name. Someone has given Spot their heart - which is amazing... but then they've given him a supersized burger too, so that probably evens out the lovewaves. Then there's a red spot's car too, so someone wants to gain brownie points.

Theia - I note you have an artist's palate, a cake and a bunch of bananas...about which I make absolutely no comment except to say that after the recent cyclones in Queensland, bananas here are $15 a kilo, so that's a neat gift. Not to be sneezed at. -

Kathy seems to have lots of gifts but I can"t actually work out what they are.

Among Chonsi's gifts is an adorably cute cuddly cat... I hope she's not allergic.

I have no idea how you get given gifts... and I intend only to be on the receiving end anyway... Forget hearts and flowers, cats, cakes and hobbey stuff: just give me money, gold bullion, diamonds, treasury bonds ...

G#Gill

Pam's Place

Post by G#Gill »

AussiePam;1364086 wrote: Rubbish, Theia.... it just shows the 12 year old policeman is naff at maths. Of course you'll get there quicker if you drive faster. GEESCH... you're a fast woman, aren't you... grin.

I've just noticed that people seem to have a bunch of gifts under their name. Someone has given Spot their heart - which is amazing... but then they've given him a supersized burger too, so that probably evens out the lovewaves. Then there's a red spot's car too, so someone wants to gain brownie points.

Theia - I note you have an artist's palate, a cake and a bunch of bananas...about which I make absolutely no comment except to say that after the recent cyclones in Queensland, bananas here are $15 a kilo, so that's a neat gift. Not to be sneezed at. -

Kathy seems to have lots of gifts but I can"t actually work out what they are.

Among Chonsi's gifts is an adorably cute cuddly cat... I hope she's not allergic.

I have no idea how you get given gifts... and I intend only to be on the receiving end anyway... Forget hearts and flowers, cats, cakes and hobbey stuff: just give me money, gold bullion, diamonds, treasury bonds ...

Hi Pam, I don't come in FG very often except maybe into the arcade now. I resigned as a moderator as well. To find out about these 'gifts' just click on FG Shop at the top of the page under the Forum Garden. com heading and have a look. It's good to see you here again. Your humour has definitely been missed. Take care of yourself Pam, and I hope your family is OK.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Kathy Ellen

Pam's Place

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Ahhhh, see that Pam's been getting some well-deserved gifts. Thought you also use a red, sport's car like mine Pam:-6 We must travel in style ya know!!

Hi Gill, Theia, Betty...Good to see you all!!
AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

All tribute is appreciated, loyal lower orders!! The cocktails looks fairly lethal, but Kathy's had hers for a while and seems to be with us still. And the red sports car is neat. Doesn't someone I know from the Shore have an actual one like that???? In which I've been taken for a ride?????? My daughter has a silver Peugeot convertible, in which she and I race sometimes, scarves around our heads, doing a Thelma and Louise (without the final curtain).

G#Gill - nice to see you. It's so long since I've been in FG - and so much real life etc has happened in that time - I really can't remember why I left in the first place... but if whatever it was happens again.. I guess I'll at least now know where the door is... grin. All good here - touch wood. Hope it is with you too!

Went to a weird movie set in the Western Australian mining town of Dampier last night. Called "Red Dog" - about this most flatulent and evil smelling mutt who brought the brawling miners together sort of forging a community... grin. Rated PG and fun.. Great barren iron-ore lunar landscape scenery with anthills and a shark at the port. Good sound track. Including Eagle Rock.. Daddy Cool.

Well, I gotta pack... and then get the alpine bus... I'll be on the slopes early afternoon. Catch you all later.

And thank you for the gifts.

Betty Boop

Pam's Place

Post by Betty Boop »

theia;1364084 wrote:

At this point I could say that it was partly Betty's fault that I was speeding...but I won't. I'm far too gracious for that.

I'll take that as a compliment, evidently you were in such a hurry to see me you were rushing :driving::wah:
G#Gill

Pam's Place

Post by G#Gill »

Enjoy the skiing, Pam ! Please don't break anything though ..................
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
chonsigirl

Pam's Place

Post by chonsigirl »

Ah, it is so nice to think of snow in the hot summer here. HAve fun skiing.
along-for-the-ride

Pam's Place

Post by along-for-the-ride »

This is a cool room, Pam. :wah:

I do need a posh red hat to adorn my wardrobe. Something......I dunno....I can tilt to the side of my face so it seems that I look at the world sideways.

All you ladies have a great day wherever you are.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
spot

Pam's Place

Post by spot »

along-for-the-ride;1364181 wrote: I do need a posh red hat to adorn my wardrobe. Something......I dunno....I can tilt to the side of my face so it seems that I look at the world sideways.Hang on, I've a spare lampshade something like that. Just your size too.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

That's the vamp look, AFTR!!! But then why not?!! If you've got IT, flaunt it!

Betty B - watch out for that fast woman. Last seen she was waving a red flag at a bull, or maybe it was a red cardie... dunno. But Theia did it of course with great style and poetry.

There was a young lady called Theia

Who mistook a bull for a steia

When she waved the red cardie

She had to run hard-ie

And is still being chaste now we feia

But I digress... I got to the snow, G#Gill and will do my best to stay intact. Chonsi - there's been a snowstorm all afternoon. I'm sending you some cold white flakes...

theia

Pam's Place

Post by theia »

I'm giving up the F1 cardi chasing...I've got to move on to pastures new. I like living on the edge and the F1cc just isn't doing it for me anymore.

I'm honing my spitting skills. Now there's a challenge.

Oh, and the other week I wore a skirt and top of clashing hues to work. The nurses were in awe..."hey, wow, you're colour blocking, that is SO the in thing to do." Not quite the reaction I was looking for but, as always, I'm in the forefront of fashion. I just can't help it, that's the sort of person I am.
Kathy Ellen

Pam's Place

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hey Pam,

Thanks for all that snow you sent to me yesterday. It was lovely seeing it fall down on my face......It was a lovely threat as it was 100F here yesterday and mega humid!!!!

How's the crispy skiing!
chonsigirl

Pam's Place

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, thank you for the cool snow-it is a luxury in this heat! I shall ski all night in my dreams. :)
AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

Good Lord, is that Spot with something that looks like a lampshade protruding giddily from ... um... er... yeah the sun don't shine there, but possibly a lamp might shed light... switch it off, someone, please! And Theia and Betty, stop being so playful !!

G'day Chonsi and Kathy. Looks like a nice icy dawn.. snow flurries forecast. I'm sending some more in your direction.

Theia - you are indeed colourful !!!!

Whenever with colour she's blocking

Our Theia's sartorially shocking

This red-cardied vamp

Needs the shade of no lamp

But rather some instant defrocking

theia

Pam's Place

Post by theia »

Hey, Pammie, just a thought...could "Aussie Pam's Odes to theia" become a money making best seller? I know I'm not writing them but I think I would deserve half the proceeds as I'm the inspiration for you. Deal?

Betty told me an even worst pastime than spitting...I won't embarrass her on an open forum by saying what it was. But if you guess I won't deny it.
AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

Ppp

When Theia was busily spitting

And doing things even less fitting

To reap what was sowed

Pam penned a new ode

Which is more fun than just sitting knitting

I might cut you in on any proceeds, Theia, my Muse !!!

Betty Boop

Pam's Place

Post by Betty Boop »

theia;1364270 wrote: Hey, Pammie, just a thought...could "Aussie Pam's Odes to theia" become a money making best seller? I know I'm not writing them but I think I would deserve half the proceeds as I'm the inspiration for you. Deal?

Betty told me an even worst pastime than spitting...I won't embarrass her on an open forum by saying what it was. But if you guess I won't deny it.

That's curious, today when I saw you I pointed out your foul new habit to you, and now you claim I told you to do it!! Charming!

Don't forget to buy some tissues when you're out and about next, and please no spitting in Sainsbury they're threatening to ban you.
chonsigirl

Pam's Place

Post by chonsigirl »

theia;1364270 wrote:

Spit it out, Theia, we all want to know......on second, thought, nah. I just saw those cute baby pics. :)
AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

Betty Boop, me dear, obviously you have a really bad effect on our Theia... I mean, before the two of you met, she was, I heard, quite a Lady... She'd never have publicly demeaned herself with such vulgar displays. I guess I'll just have to add a spitoon to the stylish decor of this space.

Actually, the room has really gone to pot. I expect that Bryn was being really kind when he gave me the gift of an adorable cuddly kitty... Most of you will know by now that I do not DO adorable cuddly little animals - except culinarily. I wonder how a fur trimming would go on that brown/red cardie?????

ACHOOOOOO.... yeah that's another thing. I'm allergic to bloody moggies.. Get that think outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

Today the snow surpassed itself. Some of the best skiing I've ever had. Deeep powder, trees I managed not to hit (I love tree skiing... grin) and sunshine. Poifect.

Tomorrow is Census Day here . I think it only happens once in a while,.. every 5 years? - anyway, because I'm in a hotel - I have to fill out an individual form, rather than the normal family one. All good fun. It's compulsory. Grin. Details are not kept on an individual basis.. We'll finally find out how many Aussies there are now.. where they live, what they earn, what religion they have, what lies and stories they tell.... :thinking::lips::sneaky:

AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

I've just found the sneaky emoticon.... ... I've missed Sneaky. I don't have him on FB or other places I occasionally visit... just here... I gotta make this work, Chonsi.... I gotta stay in FG.. I need the Sneaky - fix... Come to mumma, my precious!!!!!

:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

Ahhhhhhhhhh

chonsigirl

Pam's Place

Post by chonsigirl »

:yh_dance Gotta love those smilies, Pammie!
AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

‪Ford Mustang- Serge Gainsbourg‬‏ - YouTube

Serge Gainsbourg and Jane Birkin singing "Ford Mustang". Smilies are better, Chonsi, than all the bad news around, riots, killings, bombings, mass shootings, forum dramas, unpleasantness, murder, fighting etc etc..

And

"Life's too short to ski with ugly men"

:sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

Bloody hell, I'm glad my kids no longer live in London !!!!!! And so are they, to put it mildly. My daughter worked at MTV in Camden Town for years and got mugged in her own street in Barnett. My son was in CNBC on the south bank - - m geesch.

Blowing up a blizzard here this morning - and looks chilly outside.

Attached files

CARLA

Pam's Place

Post by CARLA »

Pammie welcome back whoo!! so great to see all these members back.. YEAH..!! :)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

Some snow gums at Perisher - taken yesterday afternoon.

Attached files

AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

CARLA;1364535 wrote: Pammie welcome back whoo!! so great to see all these members back.. YEAH..!! :)

How lovely to see you too, Carla !!!! Hope you're well and all is good in San Diego! As you can see, I'm on vacation, ploughing a few slopes here Down Under... well actually it's Up Above, mountainly speaking. Looks a bit wild and woolly outside this morning though. Might put on an extra layer. Grin.

AussiePam

Pam's Place

Post by AussiePam »

:sneaky:

:thinking:

:lips:

hic

TheVisitors

Pam's Place

Post by TheVisitors »

Why does this look familiar ?? :-3

Hello Pam :)

Thought I'd pop out of SU for a little while and checkout FG for a bit.

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”