Oscars terribly British Room of stuff and Nonsense..

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

fuzzywuzzy;1332988 wrote: You didn't close it ..good. I tend to allow my threads to die a slow natural death lol
My threads usually die a slow natural death.

Now... Tea or Coffee Meggie pops?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

:-2missed the dramatics again:wah:

Got soaked walking the dog this morning, she wasnt very impressed either i can tell ya:wah:bloody suns shining away now:-5

hope you have a good day:-6

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Who the heck is Dicky Bird? The only Dicky Bird I know about is the cricket umpire (now retired) ! I remember Billy Fury - my sister thought he had enormous hands! Very sad he died so young.

So glad you still have the Stuff & Nonsense thread open, Oscar :-6 Gotta keep tabs on you somehow ! :sneaky::wah:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Oscar Namechange

G#Gill;1333019 wrote: Who the heck is Dicky Bird? The only Dicky Bird I know about is the cricket umpire (now retired) ! I remember Billy Fury - my sister thought he had enormous hands! Very sad he died so young.

So glad you still have the Stuff & Nonsense thread open, Oscar :-6 Gotta keep tabs on you somehow ! :sneaky::wah: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

My apologies.... It wasn't Dickie Bird... but Dickie Pride :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Where did I get that from? :yh_rotfl

This Is who I meant:

YouTube - Dickie Pride - Slippin' 'n' Slidin'

I have been out... I am having a coffee... I am going out.... Back soon

Kaz and Gill.... I will E Mail you when I get home.

Laters Peeps...
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

:-5:-5:-5
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1333070 wrote:

:-5:-5:-5 Do you know... that Is funny on account of the time I got home from the CO-OP and about an hour later, I could not quite put my finger on It but some-thing was not right.

I went back to the CO-OP to retrieve my dog who was still tied to the drain-pipe outside and had been there for an hour and a half.

A group of people had gathered around her and I heard mutterings of 'How disgusting!!!'. I just un-tied her and said 'WHAT????' to them.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1333072 wrote: Do you know... that Is funny on account of the time I got home from the CO-OP and about an hour later, I could not quite put my finger on It but some-thing was not right.

I went back to the CO-OP to retrieve my dog who was still tied to the drain-pipe outside and had been there for an hour and a half.

A group of people had gathered around her and I heard mutterings of 'How disgusting!!!'. I just un-tied her and said 'WHAT????' to them.:wah:;)

I was so busy the other day typing something that I forgot the time it was and missed something I had to do and world war 3 nearly broke out:rolleyes:

Hope all is well at Peyton Place:);)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1333075 wrote: :wah:;)

I was so busy the other day typing something that I forgot the time it was and missed something I had to do and world war 3 nearly broke out:rolleyes:

Hope all is well at Peyton Place:);) Things are tickety Boo thanks for asking. We are about to nosh some crispy belly of pork and a Smarties Chocolate cake.

You know I was thinking..... despite Peter's Illness....like you... I have so much In my life and so much to look forward to with new things happening....

We have decided that we are going to the races on 29th November at Newbury. Peter Is holding out to see 'Kauto Star on Boxing Day but 2 other favourite horses of mine are running on the 29th Nov In the Hennessy Gold Cup... Big Bucks and Character Building.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

oscar;1333072 wrote: Do you know... that Is funny on account of the time I got home from the CO-OP and about an hour later, I could not quite put my finger on It but some-thing was not right.

A group of people had gathered around her and I heard mutterings of 'How disgusting!!!'. I just un-tied her and said 'WHAT????' to them.

ahhh we've all been there..............that's nothin!!! I left my baby son on the verandah of our house in his car baby capsule an didn't realise until I was around the corner from our house. Must of been a bit tired that day.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Hello everyone!

I'm so happy that this thread has been re-opened. I look forward to reading all of the posts and having a good laugh.

My pet pig (Miss Piggy) and I play tag. I tag her and she in return tags me in the butt with her snout. While playing the other day, I got distracted and she left the yard. There is an elderly man that walks past my property every morning. He wears a headset attached to his radio and obviously can't hear anything. Miss Piggy decided to tag him in his butt with her snout. I thought the poor man was going to drop dead right there on the road. I heard a yell and went to investigate and there was Miss Piggy waiting for him to tag her back. :wah: I explained to him what she was doing and he looked at me like I had two heads. He then started to laugh and walked away. I doubt he'll be walking past here again any time soon :-3

My parrot (Kooka) has learned now how to bark like the dogs. She was doing it this morning and I kept getting up to see why the dogs were barking. They were sound asleep in their beds! Kooka pretended she was sleeping too. When I walked by her cage, she said: "What are you doing?"

All I could do was burst out laughing. :yh_rotfl

Hope you all are doing well and I'll talk to you soon!
Oscar Namechange

Jazzy;1333148 wrote: Hello everyone!

I'm so happy that this thread has been re-opened. I look forward to reading all of the posts and having a good laugh.

My pet pig (Miss Piggy) and I play tag. I tag her and she in return tags me in the butt with her snout. While playing the other day, I got distracted and she left the yard. There is an elderly man that walks past my property every morning. He wears a headset attached to his radio and obviously can't hear anything. Miss Piggy decided to tag him in his butt with her snout. I thought the poor man was going to drop dead right there on the road. I heard a yell and went to investigate and there was Miss Piggy waiting for him to tag her back. :wah: I explained to him what she was doing and he looked at me like I had two heads. He then started to laugh and walked away. I doubt he'll be walking past here again any time soon :-3

My parrot (Kooka) has learned now how to bark like the dogs. She was doing it this morning and I kept getting up to see why the dogs were barking. They were sound asleep in their beds! Kooka pretended she was sleeping too. When I walked by her cage, she said: "What are you doing?"

All I could do was burst out laughing. :yh_rotfl

Hope you all are doing well and I'll talk to you soon!
Hi Jazz... so glad we got this thing going again eh?

Thank You for dropping by...

I would love to have pigs ... you are so lucky... That Is my dream... to buy a small holding and have farm animals.

My ex husband and I had a parrot, and African Grey called Rosie funny enough. She could Imitate all manner of things. We often got up In the night to let the cat out only to find the cat was already out. We would also rush to answer the phone which she mimicked to a tee. She had a habit of climbing up the walls and chewing the coving off the cieling. When we were divorced, he kept her and I got the cats..

Your story about the pig reminded me of my sister.

She had a Border Collie called Mel. Further up the street lived an old man who called her husband Mel although his name was Ian. They explained to him many times that the dog was Mel and the husband was Ian but he never got It.

Mel the dog got an Infection In his nether regions and one day the dog was on the front door-step licking his wounds which the vet had told Sis to stop him from doing. She kept going out there time after time to stop him but eventually, completely exasperated that the dog was Ignoring her, she shouted at him... 'Mel, will you stop fiddling with your bollocks?'.... Just as the old man walked past the house... he gave her husband a wide berth after that !!!

I have just popped home for some coffee and am off soon to buy some lovely Rib Eye steak for tonights dinner...

It Is a lovely sunny day here again and If the mood takes me, I may just clean the windows...
Oscar Namechange

I have absolutely nothing to report folks... A very lazy day doing buggery all.

Going out now................ byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Just 'lion...en' about and popped in to say hello. Hope you and Pete are well:-4

Make sure you visit the Bristol zoo on a weekend ok, so I can log on to wave back to you:-6

Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

oscar;1333154 wrote:

Your story about the pig reminded me of my sister.

She had a Border Collie called Mel. Further up the street lived an old man who called her husband Mel although his name was Ian. They explained to him many times that the dog was Mel and the husband was Ian but he never got It.

Mel the dog got an Infection In his nether regions and one day the dog was on the front door-step licking his wounds which the vet had told Sis to stop him from doing. She kept going out there time after time to stop him but eventually, completely exasperated that the dog was Ignoring her, she shouted at him... 'Mel, will you stop fiddling with your bollocks?'.... Just as the old man walked past the house... he gave her husband a wide berth after that !!!

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

That is going to keep me laughing all day!

Hope you and Peter are enjoying your day. It's lovely here today and the trees are starting to turn color now. I shall have to post up pictures once they are in full color.

Nothing really new to report. Just wanted to stop by and say a quick hello.

Take care and I'll talk to you soon!
Oscar Namechange

Jazzy;1333591 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

That is going to keep me laughing all day!

Hope you and Peter are enjoying your day. It's lovely here today and the trees are starting to turn color now. I shall have to post up pictures once they are in full color.

Nothing really new to report. Just wanted to stop by and say a quick hello.

Take care and I'll talk to you soon!

Thanks for calling In peeples.

Kathy.... Yes, we will make It a weekend and give you notice so we can wave at you. Now children are back at school, the Zoo will be less crowded. It Is just such a shame that we will not be able to see you.

Jazzy... Have you seen that posh woman from Essex any-where? She was here but I seem to have lost her. And our Norfolk Belle, where's she gone?

I got your message Jazz and will reply Thank You.

We have both had a long day and evening and Mr O Is exhausted.

He has more CT scans at Southmead hospital on Wednesday. From these scans they will be able to measure the growth of the mass In each lung and determine life expectancy a little more accurately.

Then In November he has his Appointment with the Professor to discuss all the pro's and con's of a double lung or a heart and lung transplant.

Nothing much to report... just a long day.

Unfortunately Mr O had to call the local Police tonight re: Anti-social behaviour but I must say our local force has some marvellous Officers who really are a credit to the force that we respect because they truly care about their community. They do such a good job In very difficult times with the new Government making cuts.

Goodnight folks... have a great day tomorrow.... Laters.
Oscar Namechange

Well, today turned some-thing up that was a bonus.

As many of you know my Sisters boy was found not guilty of murder very recently. As you can all Imagine this was a huge stressful time for her and It Is fair to say we fell out big time over the little darling ( roll eyes). Things have been very cool between us for some months. There Is quite an age difference between us and I am positively old fashioned compared to her on views. Any way, today she got to hear about some-one trying to cause me problems and she suddenly reverted to a Terrier bolting down a Rabbitt Burrow with teeth barred ready for the kill.

That Is one thing I can say for my family...... where-ever we are, what-ever we do, what-ever the circumstances, we stick together and we fight together.

Thanks Sam xxxx
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

A bit like my family, Oscar, we close ranks - blood is thicker, they say. When the need arises, the support (unquestioning) is there ! I feel so lucky that my family is so supportive and positive. It is a surprise, too, that such support comes from a very unexpected source ! Good on yer, Oscar and your sister ! :-6
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Hello everyone!

I was took my dog Louie today for his check up and decided that since I was in the area, I would make a surprise visit to the surgeon who removed the cancer tumor from his right hind paw. As some of you may know, the surgeon had to amputate two of Louie's toes. They were considered his balance toes and the surgeon warned me that Louie may never walk on the hind leg again. He felt the odds were very slim that Louie would have use of that leg and if he did, he would limp.

I was holding Louie on my lap when the surgeon came out to see us. I put Louie on the floor and off he went! He ran all around the office on all fours without a limp and the look on the surgeon's face was priceless. First time I have ever seen a surgeon with tears in his eyes. What a wonderful man he is and he gave Louie his life back by removing that cancer tumor. Louie's thank you was to pee in the lobby :wah: but he even did that by lifting one leg and putting full weight on the surgery leg. :yh_rotfl

Had our first frost last night and the weather is very cool during the day. Won't be long now before first snowfall. Ugh...I hate the snow but that's what I get for moving to an area they consider to be in the "snow belt." No pleasing me as I hate hot weather as much as I hate the cold. :thinking:

Hope you all are well and I'll talk to you soon!
Oscar Namechange

Jazzy;1334098 wrote: Hello everyone!

I was took my dog Louie today for his check up and decided that since I was in the area, I would make a surprise visit to the surgeon who removed the cancer tumor from his right hind paw. As some of you may know, the surgeon had to amputate two of Louie's toes. They were considered his balance toes and the surgeon warned me that Louie may never walk on the hind leg again. He felt the odds were very slim that Louie would have use of that leg and if he did, he would limp.

I was holding Louie on my lap when the surgeon came out to see us. I put Louie on the floor and off he went! He ran all around the office on all fours without a limp and the look on the surgeon's face was priceless. First time I have ever seen a surgeon with tears in his eyes. What a wonderful man he is and he gave Louie his life back by removing that cancer tumor. Louie's thank you was to pee in the lobby :wah: but he even did that by lifting one leg and putting full weight on the surgery leg. :yh_rotfl

Had our first frost last night and the weather is very cool during the day. Won't be long now before first snowfall. Ugh...I hate the snow but that's what I get for moving to an area they consider to be in the "snow belt." No pleasing me as I hate hot weather as much as I hate the cold. :thinking:

Hope you all are well and I'll talk to you soon!
Hi Jazzy... I am so pleased Louie has recovered from the cancer so well. I bet his surgeon is also over the moon at his recovery. Putting all his weight on one leg is a sure sign he Is back on all fours and I am so thrilled for you after all the worry he put you through.

We have had similar problems with Scully over the years. She had completely worn away the cruciate ligament In one of her back legs and to cut a very long story short, had 3 bouts of surgery or she was looking at amputation. The first 2 lots of surgery failed and finally, the vet tried some-thing he had never tried before, which was to sew the bones together with 25lb breaking strain fishing line. It was a last ditch, all or nothing, operation but I think he was as amazed as we were that It not only worked but to this day has still held her leg together. It does not look very nice, rather like looking a condom full of walnuts but she was back on 4 legs and has not been troubled since.

My meeting went very well this morning... better than I expected to be honest and I learnt a great deal In my favour. I will get dinner and then E Mail you. Also spoke to local Councillors which was a great help.

This afternoon Peter had the Doctors. We have a machine at home to monitor His blood pressure and he has been feeling particually bad over the past few days. His readings were very low almost dangerously low at one point yesterday and I wanted to call an Ambulance but he would not let me. The Doctor checked all his vitals today and his blood pressure Is still low and we need to keep monitoring It.

Tomorrow he has more CT scans at Southmead hospital and they will be able to determine growth rate between the last scans of the mass In each lung.

Back soon............
Oscar Namechange

Long Day for Peter. He has just got home from the hospital 8.30 pm from the high density scans and other checks. I had no choice but to leave him there due to our dogs needing watering. We will have the results In 2 weeks approx.

October the 5th he Is back In hospital all day and this time he will be wired up and asked to walk for 6 minutes. That is going to be very Interesting given that walking to the car leaves him breathless but It Is just some-thing else they do to check gas exchange, lung capacity etc etc In the hope of a transplant. So many tests... so long to wait for positive news.

On the plus side, Sis and I have now totally reconciled although she has asked me to visit the nephew. Apparently he has been asking for me. I am not sure what to do there and will have to think about that one. Looking back, our family has always been the same In which what-ever shyte happens, we back each other what-ever. Not sure about the nephew though... depends on his attitude now.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Glad to hear you and sis have reconciled and hope peter is not too bad:thinking::-6

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Hello everyone!

Was happy to read, Oscar, that you and your sister have reconciled. I'm sure when you feel the time is right, you will be able to see your Nephew. Family is very important and I hope it all works out for you.

I'm keeping you and Peter in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he gets some positive news from his test results. It's agony having to wait weeks for test results. You would think in this day and age with all the advances in the medical field, the test results would be immediate. Hang in there and you know we are all hoping for the best for you and Peter. :-4

Tell Peter for me that I went fishing the other day. I got a hard hit on the line and thought "Oh, man, I've caught a big one this time!" I reeled in the line and fell smack on my arse in the water. I never let go of my pole and kept reeling in "my big catch." When I finally saw what it was, I nearly fainted. There was a HUGE snapping turtle on the other end of the line. Crap! Those things are nasty and thank goodness the hook came out when it tried to snap me. :wah:

Well, I better go get some work done. Hope you all are enjoying your day and I'll talk to you soon!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Oscar, so sorry to hear that Peter is so unwell. Wish him the best from me, and you try to get more rest Mrs. You'll be no good to Peter if you make yourself ill !!!!! Take care both of you. :-6 :-6
Oscar Namechange

G#Gill;1335053 wrote: Oscar, so sorry to hear that Peter is so unwell. Wish him the best from me, and you try to get more rest Mrs. You'll be no good to Peter if you make yourself ill !!!!! Take care both of you. :-6 :-6
Thanks Gill. Kaz and Jazzy... I am so tired right now. I just sent you a pm and then found I had used my quota so I will do It again tomorrow Gill about what happened friday night !!!! Peter and I were not hurt physically but It was very close and shook us up. I nearly went through the windscreen but naughty Oscar was not wearing a seat-belt. ) Multi- drop)

I also lost a packet on a bloody horse at Ascot...Beaten by the favourite In a photo-finish and beaten by a milli-metre of a whisker.

Having said that.... Won £100 on a scratch card tonight. That was funny.... My Turkish pal wanted one also so when I came back from Tesco with them, I asked her 'swap or no swop'? She lost !!!

Fox community fed... Looks like the older cubs have already been ousted and have moved on for Rutting. At least they move on well fed, fit and healthy.

Will write to you tomorrow.

Laters Peeps.

Edit.... Peter's breathing seems to be worsening by the day and I can not get out of my head what the hospital said about him possibly going down-hill rapidly. he has been In so much pain today also.... Gill...... You are right of course !!!
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

I hope peters not too uncomfortable oscar, take care and get some rest:)

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

I'm sorry to read that Peter is not well. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Please get some rest Oscar even though I know it's hard. I will talk you you soon. (((Hugs)))
Oscar Namechange

Thank You for all your lovely messages of Support. They mean an awful lot to me so they are very appreciated.

I have just popped In very quick as things have been some-what hectic here of the last few days. I feel bad neglecting my friends here but all I can say Is that things are really happening here. I am sworn to secrecy but I hope I can reveal all soon. :lips::lips::lips: All good stuff though.

Peter is having a better day today and has been making bread. They are going to revise his pain relief which should help things. I have been suffering terribly with sleepless nights despite being so tired. His laboured breathing keeps me awake so I bought some wax ear plugs which worked but then I worried that he may call for me In the night and I would not be able to hear him....

Had some lovely messages today and worthy of a mention Is Nomad who has so much going on In his own life right now but takes the trouble to write to me asking after Peter. He offered me his shoulder and ear which I accepted but he did expose his umbrage when I rejected his other parts.

Thank You all again.... Going out again now.

Hope to back soon. :-4
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Good to hear Peter is having a bit better day - hey you can't keep a good baker down ! :wah:

You know Oscar, you will have to ease off a tad, you are in over-drive so much you will burn out your gear-box at this rate !!! :yh_shame :yh_worry

Just get some :yh_sleep whenever you can, even if it's only for half an hour ! :-5
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

hope its not political:thinking::wah:

nice to see you pop in,, keep on keeping on;):-6

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

kazalala;1335331 wrote: hope its not political:thinking::wah:

nice to see you pop in,, keep on keeping on;):-6 Of course !!!:wah::wah::wah:

I should be able to reveal all soon.

Thank You Gill and Kaz...

Gill........ Peter makes a wicked loaf of bread. He did 3 today... One plain, one with seeds In It and the other with sun dried tomato's and olives for a Continental type feel to go with the Paella tomorrow night.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

oscar;1335428 wrote: Of course !!!:wah::wah::wah:

I should be able to reveal all soon.

Thank You Gill and Kaz...

Gill........ Peter makes a wicked loaf of bread. He did 3 today... One plain, one with seeds In It and the other with sun dried tomato's and olives for a Continental type feel to go with the Paella tomorrow night.

oh bugger,,, am i going to be happy:-3

ohhhhh breaqd,, it sounds lush,,, im trying to get rid of broken ankle weight and not eating bread this week:mad:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

A busy weekend but today I finally got my way on another Issue locally.

Some of you may remember that about a year ago I posted that my worst fears had come true when a teenager boy was knocked off his bike exiting the field out-side my house Into the lane. At the time, I tended to the lad In the lane and I knew that had It been a far smaller child, they would possibly not have survived the hit he took from the car which was a resident driving too fast up the lane.

Well, It has taken me a year nagging the council to get funding but today the Council arrived and spent the day Installing a 'Kissing Gate'. This means that any small child or dog running out of the field will not be able to just run out but have to stop and negotiate the gate. I have seen many near misses In the lane and am now happy that local small children are a little safer.

Of course, as In these situations, every-one wants some-thing done but they expect some-one else to do the phoning, the nagging, the letter writing etc.

Some-thing that made us smile was a local elderly lady telling my husband that she was definately voting for me In the next election and she could not care less If I stood for the Nazi Party.

There Is nothing wrong with puppy Rosie but her genuine bout of Illness led to lots of fuss and tummy soothing.

Now, she begins retching whilst craftily eyeing us to see If we are watching her. We have been suckered many times since the real Illness so we Ignore her. The retching then gets louder with looks that say... 'Errr excuse me but I am being rather sick here'... more Ignoring so she moves closer to us and repeats the retching. HELLO !!!! I AM BEING SICK HERE....

Another piece of good news today that Peter Is now classed as 'Disabled'. This may not sound much to some but It means free parking... Hurrah. He got his badge In the post this morning. They have really tightened up of late on registered disabled but of course being declared 'terminal', finally swung It and he does not have to go through the new tests they do to qualify.

Thought I would pop In as I am out again all day tomorrow and night. Of course I shall scour the newspapers on line for the most depressing negative news from GB that I can find ready for monday.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

Laters Peeps. :-4
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Hope Peters feeling ok today Oscar:) good news also about the gate,, how easy something can make a difference.

I had to laugh at the antics of your rosie,, i has a dog once that ahd a cough and i gave it some cough medicine,, every week or so after that it used to cough and look at us:wah:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Hello!

Just wanted to stop by quick and see how Peter is feeling. That story about Rosie had me laughing so hard. When my dog Louie had his surgery, the vet told me that if he started licking the area, I should spray him with water to get him to stop. I only had to do it twice. The other day, I found the spray bottle and was going to put it away. Louie saw it and shook his head like I sprayed him and ran to his bed and hid under the covers. :wah:

Hope you and Peter both are okay and I'll talk to you soon!
Oscar Namechange

kazalala;1336358 wrote: Hope Peters feeling ok today Oscar:) good news also about the gate,, how easy something can make a difference.

I had to laugh at the antics of your rosie,, i has a dog once that ahd a cough and i gave it some cough medicine,, every week or so after that it used to cough and look at us:wah:
Thank You for asking after Peter, I do appreciate It. He was quite chuffed today and made a deliberate trip to Sainsbury just so he could use his disabled badge for the 1st time and stick 2 fingers up to every-one waiting for a parking space.

The Disabled bit has an added bonus which Is he can fish man made lakes but are for disabled only. There Is one that we both love near us but he can only fish there If he goes as a disabled persons carer so he has only been able to fish there 3 times. Now he can go as often as he likes and I get to fish for free as his carer:sneaky: It Is owned by the Water Board and Is surrounded by some of the most glorious country-side with deer and all kinds of wild-life. Herons also feed from the lake. He was also so chuffed when his radar key to get Into the private lake came this morning.

Tucking Mill - Wessex Water

There are some monster Carp In there but no Barbel.

Dogs have to be worse than men and kids for feigning Illness: wah: They all do It because they learn very quickly that being Ill gets them so much fuss. We have had Scully In the past limping on a good leg long after the bad one healed then looking at you as though to say.. WHAT ??

What you been up to then Mrs? Any more breaks planned? Looks like I am going to be busy this week. What about you and that Posh Lady?
Oscar Namechange

Jazzy;1336472 wrote: Hello!

Just wanted to stop by quick and see how Peter is feeling. That story about Rosie had me laughing so hard. When my dog Louie had his surgery, the vet told me that if he started licking the area, I should spray him with water to get him to stop. I only had to do it twice. The other day, I found the spray bottle and was going to put it away. Louie saw it and shook his head like I sprayed him and ran to his bed and hid under the covers. :wah:

Hope you and Peter both are okay and I'll talk to you soon! Poor Louie:wah::wah::wah: I was so relieved that he survived the cancer and has adapted with losing the toes so well. You must post us some pics of him.

I do appreciate you popping In to post. I know how busy you are with the business and the horses also your admin on the other site. I keep meaning to go over and post but I have just been short of time this week but I will make the effort this week to post there.

Hope you;re Ok Jazzy. Talk soon. :-4
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

oh that lake looks a wonderful place to spend some time :-6 no more breaks as such but going to york this sunday and staying the night so looking forward to that. Also going to ballet this thursday afternoon with my daugter then out for a meal,, Romeo & Juliet the ballet is by the Birmingham Royal Ballet so should be good:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Me again!

Oscar, that Tucking Mill is just beautiful! I would love to not only fish there but walk since it's adjacent to a nature reserve. What a wonderful and peaceful place that looks like. :-6

Not much news on my end unless you count that Miss Piggy is still trying to "tag" poor joggers/walkers going past my property. She nearly got one this morning but I called for "time out" and she came back to me. :wah:

Hope this message finds Peter doing well today. I miss you at the other site and hope you drop by to see me soon.

Take care and I'll talk to you soon! :-4
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

What a lovely spot to fish, Oscar. I do hope you are both OK and that Peter enjoyed his fishing there! Our weather, today, is beautiful sunshine, blue skies and quite warm - a lovely early autumn day. Most likely could be frosty tonight as the skies are clear of any cloud at the moment ! It was thick fog first thing though!

Hi Jazzy, hope things are OK with you!

Hi Kaz and everybody else !

:-6:-6:-6
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Oscar, you know more about the English Defence League than I do - I'm sorry but I don't understand that a 'Gurmit Singh' is a spokesperson for the EDL Gurmit Singh ??? English Defence League ???:-2 :confused:

I've just seen a news item on our local BBC East Midlands Today, that a march through Leicester has been banned by the police, and I think the Home Offfice, as apparently have all marches this coming weekend ! Apparently, it would seem, that the EDL are planning to defy this ban. Should be interesting !
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

G#Gill;1336630 wrote: Oscar, you know more about the English Defence League than I do - I'm sorry but I don't understand that a 'Gurmit Singh' is a spokesperson for the EDL Gurmit Singh ??? English Defence League ???:-2 :confused:

I've just seen a news item on our local BBC East Midlands Today, that a march through Leicester has been banned by the police, and I think the Home Offfice, as apparently have all marches this coming weekend ! Apparently, it would seem, that the EDL are planning to defy this ban. Should be interesting !

English Defence League - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Oscar Namechange

G#Gill;1336630 wrote: Oscar, you know more about the English Defence League than I do - I'm sorry but I don't understand that a 'Gurmit Singh' is a spokesperson for the EDL Gurmit Singh ??? English Defence League ???:-2 :confused:

Hi Kaz, Gill and Jazzy, I am cheating here replying to 3 posts In one:wah:

All I know about 'Gurmit Singh is that he originates from Singapore and Is a comedy host/actor. I will look further Into his connections with the EDL as that is Interesting !!

The EDL ( English Defence League) Unlike the BNP Is not a registered Bono Fide Political Party and do not have candidates standing In elections. Most members tend to be expelled BNP members who go and join the EDL or Combat 18, the Neo Nazi group. Both are a pain In the back-side for the BNP for they are truely racist and make no bones about It. Unfortunately, many people In Britain and abroad do not have the IQ or have done a scrap of research In any way to understand that the BNP Is In no way connected to them. I remember the attack on Roma gypsies In Ireland and of course the head-lines In the claimed It was the BNP but Infact It was Combat 18. However, don't some people just love to lump them all In together? !!

I am In 2 minds about the marches by the EDL. There Is a wealth of Imfo and footage on You Tube that shows they are not actually a violent org. They do not go out to bash the Muslims. Any confrontation at these demo's Is In the main kicked off by the UAF and not the EDL. BNP members are told In no un-certain terms by the Führer Griffin that they will be expelled If they show up at any EDL demo's simply because It is the UAF who will try to engage members to kick off and of course, the press will be waiting, camera's poised.

Then again, It is law that any group can hold a demo. Whilst the Police and Home Office seem to find It perfectly apt that the likes of Anjem Choudary and his group 'Islam4UK' to take to the streets of Luton and Wooton Bassett to jeer our home coming troops and burn our flag without fear of arrest and prosecution, It appears that the same principle does not apply with the EDL. I loathe the EDL but you can not have one law for one group and one for another.
Oscar Namechange

Some-thing that dawned on me last night... Do I believe In Karma? Well maybe not Karma but ' Those who try to cause you grief In life eventually get what Is coming to them'...

2 years ago, Mr O was threatened by a thoroughly nasty piece of work. He was very drunk when he came In the take-away one night as we happened to be In there. He demanded that because he had bought a Kebab, he was entitled to a 'taxi' service home. Our friend tried to explain to him that no-one was Insured to carry passengers as a business besides, who the hell wants to run the risk of having a stranger vomit Inside your car when they are that drunk? Being so drunk, he would not take no for an answer and threatened Mr O with violence. He was arrested and the when he appeared In court, he had a string of previous conviction for violence. The Magistrates ordered him to pay Peter compensation which was very nice.... rather like a small Pools win.

Last night on hearing the news, I wanted to see It for myself and of course to gloat with that 'You got yours' kind of smirk as we drove round to what was once his home that had been totally gutted by fire..... There Is a God !!!! I think I must just edit and add that I was else-where at the time and have many witnesses to say I was miles away.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1336648 wrote: Some-thing that dawned on me last night... Do I believe In Karma? Well maybe not Karma but ' Those who try to cause you grief In life eventually get what Is coming to them'...

Oh yes Oscar...oh yes.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Some-thing that dawned on me last night... Do I believe In Karma? Well maybe not Karma but ' Those who try to cause you grief In life eventually get what Is coming to them'...

I sure hope so ...waiting for my ex to get his. :-5:-5:-5
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1336707 wrote: Oh yes Oscar...oh yes. Carol and Fuzz... Don't you just love It when they do get theirs? I stood there last night looking at this burnt out shell that was this arssewipe's home.

Fuzz, I got your message on Facebook and have been really lazy at answering my messgaes of late.... I do apologise. I am really sorry about the ex but all good things come to those who wait and when you do get here, we will welcome you with open arms and we can go out and get some 'pedestrian activity'. :wah::wah::wah:

Well, I am off for an early night. Tomorrow Is Peter's day at Southmead Hospital to be wired up and walk for 6 minutes to measure gas exchange etc. That will be Interesting seeing as he can barely walk from the house to the car. I am not holding out much hope for 6 minutes there.

Thank you to all for your posts and I will let you know how Peter got on tomorrow.

Laters Peeps. :-4
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Night night Oscar !:yh_wink
Oscar Namechange

G#Gill;1336757 wrote: Night night Oscar !:yh_wink Morning Gill :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

The early bird gets the snake and all that. Just popped In before we get ready for the hospital.

Well, I am so excited. Got an E Mail early this morning that my brother has finally booked 2 days out to come to visit at the end of the month. Don't know If you remember but he had that horrendous fall from his horse? He has not been able to drive for nearly a year due to the leg Injuries but his wife has also booked time out and they are bringing my dear little nephew H who will be 7 In November. H Is a very precious child to all of us. My brothers wife had a few bouts of surgery on the womb and was told they would never had children. They never used any birth control because she could never get pregnant. Just before my Father died he expressed his sorrow that my brother had never been able to have children and used to say that every man should have a son.

Soon after my Father died, my sister-In-Law some-how conceived. We counted every single day for 9 months and worried our-selves sick over her having complications. My brother got his son at the age of 50. He did not know what had hit him :wah: I will go Christmas shopping for H early so he can open his gifts when he Is here. My brother has bought H a new pony for Christmas... a 2 year old... sadly not from the Kauto Star French stables but he Is being delivered to Sussex In time for Christmas. He bought H a Shetland Pony when he was 4 years old that H named 'Pickles', only 'Pickles turned out to be no cute pickle... rather more a snarling physcopath. In the end they were forced to put electric fencing around Pickles stable and field because he often took It upon him-self to take off and go strolling up the village High Street. The Race-horse Is too big for H so he Is getting a new 2 year old. he has been having riding lessons for around 3 years now so he will be fine.

Hope the weather Is good where you are all are. Looks like It persisted her last night but Is bright at the moment.

Laters.

Would It not be fab to go down to the zoo so we can all wave manically at Kathy?
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1336754 wrote: Carol and Fuzz... Don't you just love It when they do get theirs? I stood there last night looking at this burnt out shell that was this arssewipe's home.

I could tell you a few stories that would make your hair stand on end about this subject but sometimes the least said the better at times also.:thinking:

At the moment im trying to type here and Precious thinks this room is a race track :-5 and she gets naughtier by the day it seems with what she does:-5....BUT love her to bits and I look at that cheeky face and im like jelly fgs:wah:The other dogs think shes totally bonkers also as its so obvious with the way they watch her sometimes:wah:I have found Yorkies are clever little mites and I remember my Toby....that little one was unbelieveable.I used to run Antique Fairs and I remember once when I was walking round the hall with him talking to the stallholders and one asked me if I knew Toby was limping badly.Much to their surprise I started laughing and told them to watch something as I was aware of "this problem".I picked him up and told him that I was busy at the mo but would have a cuddle with him soon.....put him back down and OH what a surprise....little actor was running round wagging his tail:yh_rotflYep Toby the film star got the hump if he thought I was ignoring him sometimes and put his limping act on can you believe:wah:When at an age the time came and I could see something wasn't right I took him to a vet and was told to leave him there for tests.They rung me some time later and informed me of the condition and there was nothing they could do and he was having trouble breathing and it would be kinder to have him out down.Being the selfish person we can all be at times when a much loved pet has to leave us I said no I wanted him at home....not thinking of Toby but just of my own selfish upset.So we went to pick him up.I knew my other half was thinking better then I was so I told him to go in there and do what he thinks is right and I waited in the car.He came back alone and upset.Gawd even typing about this is upsetting me even now after all this time....anyway turns out they handed him Toby....Toby looked at him and died right there and then.The vet said it was like he was waiting to say goodbye so you see he took that hard decision away from us.Gotta go....hope your ok babe.:-4
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1336829 wrote: I could tell you a few stories that would make your hair stand on end about this subject but sometimes the least said the better at times also.:thinking:

At the moment im trying to type here and Precious thinks this room is a race track :-5 and she gets naughtier by the day it seems with what she does:-5....BUT love her to bits and I look at that cheeky face and im like jelly fgs:wah:The other dogs think shes totally bonkers also as its so obvious with the way they watch her sometimes:wah:I have found Yorkies are clever little mites and I remember my Toby....that little one was unbelieveable.I used to run Antique Fairs and I remember once when I was walking round the hall with him talking to the stallholders and one asked me if I knew Toby was limping badly.Much to their surprise I started laughing and told them to watch something as I was aware of "this problem".I picked him up and told him that I was busy at the mo but would have a cuddle with him soon.....put him back down and OH what a surprise....little actor was running round wagging his tail:yh_rotflYep Toby the film star got the hump if he thought I was ignoring him sometimes and put his limping act on can you believe:wah:When at an age the time came and I could see something wasn't right I took him to a vet and was told to leave him there for tests.They rung me some time later and informed me of the condition and there was nothing they could do and he was having trouble breathing and it would be kinder to have him out down.Being the selfish person we can all be at times when a much loved pet has to leave us I said no I wanted him at home....not thinking of Toby but just of my own selfish upset.So we went to pick him up.I knew my other half was thinking better then I was so I told him to go in there and do what he thinks is right and I waited in the car.He came back alone and upset.Gawd even typing about this is upsetting me even now after all this time....anyway turns out they handed him Toby....Toby looked at him and died right there and then.The vet said it was like he was waiting to say goodbye so you see he took that hard decision away from us.Gotta go....hope your ok babe.:-4 Losing our dogs has to be the hardest thing ever. After all, we have them for so many years and they are part of our family. The kids In my family send our dogs Christmas cards FFS. I have to admit that I am also a coward and when the time comes, Peter has always been the one that has been there at the vets soothing them as they fall asleep forever.

As for Toby the actor :wah: Mulder has to be the worst for getting the hump when he thinks he Is not being paid attention but his way Is to bark. Now, If you have ever heard Mulder bark ( Gill, Open Mind, Fuzzy etc) have, you will know that It resembles that of a thousand finger-nails being scraped down a black-board. It is also loud... very loud. When we are out and I stop to chat In the street, his patience lasts about 30 seconds If I am lucky, then he will start barking until I fuss him but as soon as I stop, It starts up again. If he doesn't like the person I am talking to because they have Ignored him, the barking becomes manic while he's looking at them.

Well, today at the hospital was a first !!:wah: The usual ritual Is to leave an hour early In order to find some-where to park. Arrive at Southmead, wait for space In car park, park up, go get ticket from machine, return to car to display ticket then walk to the bus stop. Yes, there are actually buses In there to take you from the car park to the building you want to go to on account of some dozy planner building the car park a mile away from the buildings. Then you wait for another bus because you realise you have got off at the wrong building because they all look the same. You arrive pissed off, out of breath and In the mood to kill.

Well, not today. We swept Into the disabled bay showing off Peter's new disability badge right outside where we needed to be.

He was wired up to the mains and then had to walk on an exercise machine for 6 minutes. He did not do It all In one go but had to keep stopping to get his breath. That was It really and like every-thing else, we now have to wait for the results.

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”