Oscars terribly British Room of stuff and Nonsense..

Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I decided to start my own room here.

It was suggested to me that I start a Journal to help deal with my husbands terminal Illness and although a great Idea, I thought It better to have a room so that all can contribute about their day to day lives also.

I hope to keep the thread a light-hearted cynical look on the stuff of life.... So... Grab a chair and I will get the Kebabs and Pot of tea.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Oscar Namechange

For my first post:

My husband has decided that I should have some of the Christmas presents he has already stashed, so yesterday I got a print of 'Kauto Star' and a uber Paella pan.

The family Liason at the hospital said It Is very Important for Peter to have goals In life... things to target for. We are pinning our hopes that he will be well enough to get to Kempton Boxing Day to see Kauto Star run.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

That carbon dating. Its rubbish. I went on a carbon date once. It was only for one night but it felt like 1500 years
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1329691 wrote: For my first post:

My husband has decided that I should have some of the Christmas presents he has already stashed, so yesterday I got a print of 'Kauto Star' and a uber Paella pan.

The family Liason at the hospital said It Is very Important for Peter to have goals In life... things to target for. We are pinning our hopes that he will be well enough to get to Kempton Boxing Day to see Kauto Star run.

I very much agree with that. Its very important to have things to look forward to. It fills your body with good hormones and makes you feel good. I sincerely hope he is well enough to go on Boxing day.

A bonus would be winning a few bob on Kauto

Winston Churchill
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Not a fan of kebabs, do you provide tea and toast also? Plus somewhere comfy to sit and put my feet up? Also a newspaper to read and a kitty to pet? Maybe some gentle background music? Oh, and don't forget the cucumber sandwiches with tea on the dot of four. Might as well be comfortable whilst we chat. :)

Now dear, tell me, how was your day? How is Peter feeling? I've brought him some nice red seedless grapes and some satsumas. Also a book of fishing jokes. It's reel good. Now go and put the kettle on and don't forget the biccies. :)
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1329693 wrote: That carbon dating. Its rubbish. I went on a carbon date once. It was only for one night but it felt like 1500 years
:wah:

I know the feeling.... I had sex with a Chinese man once... it was OK but an hour later I wanted another one.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

oscar;1329697 wrote: :wah:

I know the feeling.... I had sex with a Chinese man once... it was OK but an hour later I wanted another one.

Was it good whilst it lasted? I've read that chinese men are very good at sex. Apparently they know lots of interesting positions. (Well, so I've heard anyway). Obviously very experienced with their chopsticks. :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Rapunzel;1329696 wrote: Not a fan of kebabs, do you provide tea and toast also? Plus somewhere comfy to sit and put my feet up? Also a newspaper to read and a kitty to pet? Maybe some gentle background music? Oh, and don't forget the cucumber sandwiches with tea on the dot of four. Might as well be comfortable whilst we chat. :)

Now dear, tell me, how was your day? How is Peter feeling? I've brought him some nice red seedless grapes and some satsumas. Also a book of fishing jokes. It's reel good. Now go and put the kettle on and don't forget the biccies. :)

As It happens, we very recently bought 2 new leather reclining sofa's ( Chocolate Brown If you must know) so take a pew on one of those and put your feet up. I shall make the cucumber sandwiches just as my Mother used to prepare them for the cricketers tea's with the crusts cut off and cut Into tiny triangles. It will be Kerry butter as we do not have any of that spread nonsence In this house.

I have a selection of bicci's... Rich Tea and hob nobs,

Peter Is not good tbh... One can only Imagine what It must be like to be told you are dying and there Is nothing any-one can do for you. He gets very very tired and the medication has It's side-effects also. He has been very down since the results of the scans this week. Typical of him, he Is more worried about how I will be without him.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

You know whats wrong with the world ?. We live in a society where pizza gets to your house quicker than the police

Winston Churchill
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Popped in here to cheer myself up.............never visited these "Private" rooms before (me not being a joiner like)

And first thing 'bloody' leather chairs.......they stick to your bum they do.

Then seedless grapes................how do they reproduce ?

Sex positions for China men.......the mind boggles

Kebabs and cucumber sarnies ?

And only Tea to wash it down ?

This is going to be a bundle of fun.................
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

That bottle of Chateau Dubois Gramont 2007 was wonderful. I'm contemplating opening another

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Bruv;1329708 wrote: Popped in here to cheer myself up.............never visited these "Private" rooms before (me not being a joiner like)

Quite agree Bruv. Leather sofas, reclining or otherwise, make farty noises. The need to explain oneself in mixed company is enough to let one go just for the hell of it

I've never contemplated Chinamen having sex beyond maybe asking for a No 69 ( Thats Egg Fu Yung to those with enquiring minds, and a menu from Shanghai garden, Streatham High Street )

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you’re going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you’re crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.

Winston Churchill
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Well, I brought some wine and chocolates so we can have a good, auld chin wag:wah:

Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

I've already opened another bottle. My wife frowned a little. I've been scorned, silently but very firmly. Big Brother is my salvation. Its my escape while she is diverted.

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1329694 wrote: I very much agree with that. Its very important to have things to look forward to. It fills your body with good hormones and makes you feel good. I sincerely hope he is well enough to go on Boxing day.

A bonus would be winning a few bob on Kauto
Yes... Things to focus on.

Double joy seeing Kauto as Denman, Imperial Commander are In the same race.
Oscar Namechange

Bruv;1329708 wrote: Popped in here to cheer myself up.............never visited these "Private" rooms before (me not being a joiner like)

And You are very welcome Bruv... Please feel free to come here for a good moan when the mood takes you.

I just need to get his Dubness here and I shall be Over the moon. I can harrang him on Facebook.

I thought I would have a room for the light side of what Is happening right now.

Tonight, arguing on who had the remote ( as per usual), he said 'Excuse me but who Is dying.. me or you'?.... You can not argue with that and you have to laugh.
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1329732 wrote: I've already opened another bottle. My wife frowned a little. I've been scorned, silently but very firmly. Big Brother is my salvation. Its my escape while she is diverted. Give my regards to Mrs Doubtfire.
Oscar Namechange

Kathy Ellen;1329729 wrote: Well, I brought some wine and chocolates so we can have a good, auld chin wag:wah:

:-4:-4:-4:-4:-4

Kathy...... You are a Star......... Yum Yum yum yum... Thank You so much......... right what's next? I ate them ;)
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1329723 wrote: Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you’re going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you’re crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk. Done that :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Look I got Icons :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Have you done the one where you are running for a bus In a crowded street.? Then, when you miss It.... You slow down to a half trot just to show every-one your not that bothered?
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1329740 wrote: Give my regards to Mrs Doubtfire.

Thats me ! ? ? !

Anyhow. I'm in my little corner, with my headphones on, quaffing bottle No 2. If I disturb her I'll get another frown or even a scowl. Mr O knows how much that hurts

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1329744 wrote: Done that :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl Look I got Icons :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Have you done the one where you are running for a bus In a crowded street.? Then, when you miss It.... You slow down to a half trot just to show every-one your not that bothered?

Your very greedy you know. Theres only a finite number of ROFL smileys and you've just used up a months worth. Odie has none and your flashing them about willie nilly

Oooh Matron !

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1329748 wrote: Your very greedy you know. Theres only a finite number of ROFL smileys and you've just used up a months worth. Odie has none and your flashing them about willie nilly

Oooh Matron !
I never knew that you had met my cousin 'willy Nilly'.

Look, I got more:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5:-5
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Your being very flash. You'll get a headache

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1329752 wrote: Your being very flash. You'll get a headache I know... has that awful BB finished yet? I am sure the In-mates are cast-offs from the Jeremy Vile show.

Going to feed the Fox population now.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Well, since you can't come to the Noo Joisey beach or have a real horse in this small room, I'll bring a wee aquarium to you. It's so soothing to watch the little seahorses, and I think he's preggers. We might see some wee ones running around this week:wah:

Attached files
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1329753 wrote: I know... has that awful BB finished yet? I am sure the In-mates are cast-offs from the Jeremy Vile show.

Going to feed the Fox population now.

Give my regards to Foxy Bingo and the others

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Have you ever noticed that the villains in Scooby Doo are arrested not for committing a crime but for dressing up in costumes and scaring people.

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Me and Bob paint happy trees

Winston Churchill
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Shepherds pie please.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

OpenMind;1329766 wrote: Shepherds pie please.

Thats very dark OM. Delicious but dark

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Things could be worse. The world could be beige. Think how calamitous that would be. Catastrophic. Everything in "tope" or "mushroom" or "magnolia". Hell on Earth

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Kathy Ellen;1329755 wrote: Well, since you can't come to the Noo Joisey beach or have a real horse in this small room, I'll bring a wee aquarium to you. It's so soothing to watch the little seahorses, and I think he's preggers. We might see some wee ones running around this week:wah: I shall keep my eyes on them for babies. Thank You Kathy.
Oscar Namechange

OpenMind;1329766 wrote: Shepherds pie please.
Welcome to stuff and nonsence Roger... Please feel free to drop In to complain about any-thing you like.
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1329768 wrote: Things could be worse. The world could be beige. Think how calamitous that would be. Catastrophic. Everything in "tope" or "mushroom" or "magnolia". Hell on Earth
Or the original 'Tobacco stain' look.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Did you know that it’s unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door neighbor in Colorado (Denver).

I should bloody well think so too. Whatever next ? You'll be popping round for a cup of sugar and all hell will break loose

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1329772 wrote: Did you know that it’s unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door neighbor in Colorado (Denver).

I should bloody well think so too. Whatever next ? You'll be popping round for a cup of sugar and all hell will break loose I can Understand that... In the deeds of my house, I must not burn bones on a sunday.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1329773 wrote: I can Understand that... In the deeds of my house, I must not burn bones on a sunday.

Dont tell me you havent thought about. It doesnt make you a bad person, we've all thought about it at some time. Only this morning I said to Mrs snowfire. Those bones we've had in the loft since last january. We ought to burn them. "Wait till monday " I said.

And we will

Winston Churchill
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Well the telly has just switched itself off, which means Mrs Snow has dropped orf on the sofa. I must negotiate a stealthy exit, while stashing the second empty bottle, therefore not betraying my state of giggling stupidity.

I'm a Ninja you know

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1329775 wrote: Well the telly has just switched itself off, which means Mrs Snow has dropped orf on the sofa. I must negotiate a stealthy exit, while stashing the second empty bottle, therefore not betraying my state of giggling stupidity.

I'm a Ninja you know How did the telly switch It'self off? Did you sit on the remote? As for those bottles... Have you not got a furnace on your Patio like normal people for melting down bottles?

I really must get round to burning those bones. The Police did have an enquirey as to what happened to old Mrs Doodlebug but they could never prove any-thing. My Dad used to say during the war that the only bomb you had to worry about was the bomb with your name on It... Poor old Mrs Doodlebug, her nerves were shot to pieces. As for young Enola Gay, she never recovered.

Off to bed now Mrs Doubtfire..... I shall return tomorrow night for more mirth and hilarity tomorrow night. Laters peeps. xxx
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

you left the door open:rolleyes::rolleyes::lips:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

:D I decided to invade oscars thread. I am armed with music:

YouTube - Paul Mccartney, Uncle Albert (Lyrics)

And a weapon...............

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

along-for-the-ride;1329844 wrote: :D I decided to invade oscars thread. I am armed with music:

And a weapon...............

Thats a great little song from a great little album

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

along-for-the-ride;1329844 wrote: :D I decided to invade oscars thread. I am armed with music:

And a weapon............... Thank You and please feel free to drop In to stuff and nonsence any time.
Oscar Namechange

kazalala;1329841 wrote: you left the door open:rolleyes::rolleyes::lips:
I shut It now.

I have had a horrible day at work.... No I haven't... I made that up.

Yes, I have... I hated being away from Peter so long and worried about him all day only to find he didn't care less and he has been asleep all day.

I have to go bathe the dog now. Scully has a sore under her neck which Is looking very sore so I have filled the bath with warm water, salt and TCP. I have my long rubber gloves ready and water-proof rain-coat and souwester hat ready. I could be gone some time.................
Oscar Namechange

Goodnight FG peeples.

Peter and I have just got 2 mugs of steaming hot chocolate with Flumps slowly melting on the surface. We are going to sit up In bed and watch QI XL on Dave Ja Vue Channel. ( No, that is not Porn). We shall leave the blinds open to see the night sky and after I have kissed my bed-side pic of Gordon Brown, we will be In the land of snooze.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

oscar;1329927 wrote:

I have had a horrible day at work.... No I haven't... I made that up.

Yes, I have... I hated being away from Peter so long and worried about him all day only to find he didn't care less and he has been asleep all day.

Oh, I fret all day leaving my husband too-he usually sleeps all morning long while the nurse is there, then when she leaves pops upstairs to snitch goodies. It is hard to leave him after a nice summer home.

Have a lovely night you two.
binbag

Post by binbag »

Once upon a time there was a tiny, tiny chicken named Chicken Little.

One day Chicken Little was scratching in the garden when something fell on her head.

"Oh," cried Chicken Little, "the sky is falling. I must go tell the king."

So Chicken Little ran and ran, and she met Henny Penny.

"Where do you travel so fast, Chicken Little?" asked Henny Penny.

"Ah, Henny Penny," said Chicken Little, "the sky is falling, and I must go and tell the king."

"How do you know that the sky is falling, Chicken Little?" asked Henny Penny.

"I saw it with my eyes, I heard it with my ears, and a bit of it fell on my head,"

said Chicken Little.

"I will go with you to the king," said Henny Penny.

So they ran along together, and they met Ducky Daddles.

"Where do you travel so fast?" asked Ducky Daddles.

"Ah, Ducky Daddles," said Chicken Little, "the sky is falling, and Henny Penny and I go to tell the king."

"How do you know that the sky is falling, Chicken Little?" asked Ducky Daddles.

"I saw it with my eyes, I heard it with my ears, and a bit of it fell on my head," said Chicken Little.

"I will go with you to the king," said Ducky Daddles.

So they ran along together, and they met Goosey Loosey.

"Where do you travel so fast, Chicken Little?" asked Goosey Loosey.

"Ah, Goosey Loosey," said Chicken Little, "the sky is falling. Henny Penny and Ducky Daddles and I go to tell the king."

"How do you know that the sky is falling, Chicken Little?" asked Goosey Loosey.

"I saw it with my eyes, I heard it with my ears, and a bit of it fell on my head," said Chicken Little.

"I will go with you," said Goosey Loosey.

So they ran along together, and they met Turkey Lurkey.

"Where do you travel so fast, Chicken Little?" asked Turkey Lurkey.

"Ah, Turkey Lurkey," said Chicken Little, "the sky is falling, and Henny Penny and Ducky Daddles and Goosey Loosey and I go to tell the king."

"How do you know that the sky is falling?" asked Turkey Lurkey.

"I saw it with my eyes, I heard it with my ears, and a bit of it fell on my head,"

said Chicken Little.

"I will go with you to the king," said Turkey Lurkey.

So they ran along together, and they met Foxy Loxy.

"Where do you travel so fast, Chicken Little?" asked Foxy Loxy.

"Ah, Foxy Loxy," said Chicken Little, "the sky is falling, and we go to tell the king."

"Do you know the way to the king's house?" asked Foxy Loxy.

"No," said Chicken Little.

"No," said Henny Penny.

"No," said Ducky Daddles.

"No," said Goosey Loosey.

"No," said Turkey Lurkey.

To hang with that then, replied Foxy Loxy, I'll just steal this barbecued Chicken Little.

-------------------------

Now, if any little children read this, I'm only joking, honest, Foxy Loxy would never steal.

You see, Foxy Loxy is actually pushing Chicken Little back on to the Barbecue. :o

[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Cool post, binbag. :wah:

I just let Jimmi Hendrix inside oscar's room so he can serenade her in his own sweet hard driving style:

YouTube - Jimi Hendrix - Foxy Lady w/Lyrics

:guitarist
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Oscar Namechange

chonsigirl;1329950 wrote: Oh, I fret all day leaving my husband too-he usually sleeps all morning long while the nurse is there, then when she leaves pops upstairs to snitch goodies. It is hard to leave him after a nice summer home.

Have a lovely night you two. As you will know Chons... Tiredness Is the enemy of medication. I like him to sleep as at least he Is not In dis-comfort but If I am away all day, I find myself worrying about him. I know that you know how I feel.

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”