Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Gill:-4

Hope all is good with you:-6
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi all, hi Kathy, I'm still under the weather but I reckon I'm better off than you are right now with all the hassle going on in your neck of the woods. I just hope the cops catch up with those idiots very soon.

I'm still trying to find my pics ! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl what a wally ! I deleted them from my camera as well ......... duh ! :yh_doh:yh_eyerol
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

I still can't find my pics, so I think I must have deleted them accidentally grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Well I suppose I can always take some more, although there were some gorgeous ones with such a variety of autumn colours. I shall have to wait till next year for repeats of those ! But I'll still keep looking, just in case they have found their way into some odd folder !
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

I do think this is a great song, and beautifully sung !

YouTube - Rumer : Slow ( Live Later) HD
Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

G#Gill;1342004 wrote: I still can't find my pics, so I think I must have deleted them accidentally grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Well I suppose I can always take some more, although there were some gorgeous ones with such a variety of autumn colours. I shall have to wait till next year for repeats of those ! But I'll still keep looking, just in case they have found their way into some odd folder !

Hi Gill,

You always post such beautiful pictures!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi Kathy, I hope things are settling down for you now.

As regards the pics, I'm kicking myself that I deleted them from my camera as soon as I transferred them to my laptop. I won't be doing that again in a hurry, not till I'm certain I can find my pics !!! :-5 :yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

I was just nodding off to sleep in my chair in our sitting room about 3/4 hour ago when sirens woke me. They sounded very near so I stood up and looked through our window and saw the ambulance racing up the road flashing blue lights all over it. It stopped abruptly outside the Primary school gates and children and mums were walking out of the school after the day's work. One of the mums, holding a very limp looking baby was quickly making her way towards the ambulance, and she was whisked inside the rear doors. The ambulance was there for a good 1/2 hour still with the blue lights flashing, then the rear door opened and the mum came out, went to her parked car and moved it down the road a short way, locked it and returned to the ambulance. One of the paramedics got out of the rear, he still had his blue 'gloves' on, spoke to somebody standing on the pavement, then got back in the ambulance. There was another wait of about 5 or so minutes then the ambulance, blue lights off, moved away and presumably to hospital.

From the actions you just could not tell whether the baby had been stabilised or whether something dreadful had happened, but my hubby said that the 'mum' seemed distraught, but that could have meant anything really, although it did not look good. Particularly with the blues being switched off. But I hope that little mite is OK. Haven't the faintest what could have happened, and maybe, frustratingly we will never find out. One thing is for certain that one family has experienced a very traumatic day.
Carolly

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Carolly »

Just a quick word as ive had a heavy day today going to London and also sorting out a few things.

Also this laptop decided to die on me Saturday so I went and bought a new one Sunday that has decided to play up and although its meant to do this and that and do everything but make ye meals:rolleyes: its been a right pain so tomorrow its going back.Point is ive sorted out this old one now and got it running normal again ...sods law they call it I think.Ive also got a new Mobile phone here that I have to learn about and cant wait for the dancing girls to appear.:rolleyes::guitarist

Hope everyones well and remember its only 52 days to Xmas and all that stuffing.;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks !!! Ay up Carol ! Thanks for the reminder about the looming Christmas ! :-5 Gawd, I keep sleeping at the wrong times ! Then I'm coughing all night (intermittently), just enough to keep waking me up. It is so frustrating. Anyway I'm sleeping in the sitting room in a chair, so I don't lie down and cough all the time, and I don't disturb my hubby's sleep. It is very weird ! Now I've got a mouthful of ulcers - I think I'm rotting !!!!! I counted 8 of the buggers last night grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Well that's enough of my oh-be-joyfuls, so how is everybody else - well I hope ! One plus point in our household is that I can't talk very much :wah: gives hubby a bit of a break ! :wah:

It's a watery sunny start to the day, but boy oh boy did it rain in the night !!! At least the wind has died down somewhat and it isn't too bad temp. wise outside.

I've just looked at the number of members online --------- 6 of us !!!! Where is everybody??? Come on Australia, you should be up and about at this time ! USA will probably still be fast asleep, and the Brits will probably be off to work enjoying the rush hour - 8.30 am. :yh_rotfl
Carolly

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Carolly »

G#Gill;1342183 wrote: Ay up me ducks !!! Ay up Carol ! Thanks for the reminder about the looming Christmas ! :-5 Gawd, I keep sleeping at the wrong times ! Then I'm coughing all night (intermittently), just enough to keep waking me up. It is so frustrating. Anyway I'm sleeping in the sitting room in a chair, so I don't lie down and cough all the time, and I don't disturb my hubby's sleep. It is very weird ! Now I've got a mouthful of ulcers - I think I'm rotting !!!!! I counted 8 of the buggers last night grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Well that's enough of my oh-be-joyfuls, so how is everybody else - well I hope ! One plus point in our household is that I can't talk very much :wah: gives hubby a bit of a break ! :wah:

It's a watery sunny start to the day, but boy oh boy did it rain in the night !!! At least the wind has died down somewhat and it isn't too bad temp. wise outside.

I've just looked at the number of members online --------- 6 of us !!!! Where is everybody??? Come on Australia, you should be up and about at this time ! USA will probably still be fast asleep, and the Brits will probably be off to work enjoying the rush hour - 8.30 am. :yh_rotflWatcha Gill....6 members online:-2 well as the song goes....Fings Aint What They Used To Be:-3

Anyway after going mental in PC World this morning with them trying to tell me theres sod all wrong with new Laptop and me telling them...well not printable here:-5....guess what....OH what a surprise right at the end after them claiming it was ok bla bla they saw with their own eyes that indeed it was not ok when they discovered a huge problem with the thing....got a full refund back and thank goodness I told C that I wanted to go and sort it out on my own as with his temper I hate to think what he would have said or even done at one point.He even admitted when I told him what had been said he would have lost it...anyway its sorted and ive got me dosh back and also ive sorted out this vista one now so everyone lived happy ever after......maybe:rolleyes:

Hope all is well with anyone who comes here and dont forget to wipe ye feet before you come in.;):p
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

It's always the damn same innit. Carol. They see a female and they think they can feed us bullshite. That's one of the reasons that I'm glad I've got a fairly deep voice for a female, cos then I don't get the blah blah rubbish on the phone if they think I'm a bloke - and I never put them right when they call me Mister ......

I tell you what, Carol, PC World had a lucky escape didn't they? Can you imagine with both you and C at them, I think they'd have run for cover. I can imagine it was bad enough in there with just you explaining the problem in your 'refeened' and very posh manner (I'd love to have been a fly on the wall !) :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Glad you got it all sorted and your money back ! Can you remember what make of laptop it was, and was it Windows 7 ? (it's only so I can avoid getting the same make, if I needed to get a new laptop :sneaky:)
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks ! Not a good night last night, for me. Very wakeful and lots of pain in my mouth. Hubby made appointment at Docs for me for early afternoon, so let's hope I can be given something that will at least ease the damn pain. What a way to loose weight ! Still there is a plus pont - no desire to smoke ! The testing time will be when I don't hurt any more and feel like having a cigarette............... well that is when my will power will have to kick in, and big time. I have smoked for nearly 50 years, between 15 and 20 per day, so I'm expecting it to be difficult, but I know I can do it.

There are so many advantages to not smoking, not least the health side, then there's the cost, then there's the anti-social aspect for non-smokers, then there's the mess, dirt and scrunge that sticks to the ceilings and walls and stinks in clothing and drapery. Gawd it's endless aint it? :yh_eyerol

G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up ! And another bad night. Trouble is I wake myself up coughing (still trying to shake this damn bug), then I have to go to the loo and then I have to do me mouthwash thingy, which helps my painful mouth a little. No wonder I keep falling asleep during the day ! I should be helping Chris decorate, but I've been banned ! I reckon he is secretly enjoying the peace and quiet - well make the most of it Chris, cos I aint gonna be quiet for much longer - I hope !! :yh_eyerol

Anyway, enough of that rubbish. The rain poured during the night, but the temp is quite mild for the time of year, and there is little wind today. Probably ideal for Guy Fawkes Night, no rain forecast, little wind, not cold, so here's hoping that all the Bonfire Night events go off well and everybody is safe and happy. (what a waste of money it all is - just going up in smoke with lots of violent bangs !). Actually I quite enjoy watching the various displays, as I can see a lot from my window, as we are fairly high up. Don't have to buy any fireworks this way :yh_rotfl

What I don't like is the way the young element think it is a huge joke to throw bangers around every damn night for two weeks leading up to 5th November, and for several weeks afterwards. I really can't understand where they manage to get the money to buy all these bangers from. For the last couple of years some gangs of yob pratts have been shooting at their rivals with rockets out in the streets. Very frightening for any people trying to get to somewhere and walking into the middle of these range wars ! The police are hog-tied really, so can't be effectively doing anything to prevent it. They dash out to one call about misuse of fireworks, receive another call on their way to the first incident about another incident, so by the time they've checked out the first one, the second one has miraculously disappeared, because the yobs though daft they're not that daft ! And so on and so on. It's all a big game to them, and they refuse to understand how they are terrifying old people and domestic pets, and they just do not care !

I wonder how many accidents will occur this year caused by misuse of fireworks ?

Well that's my annual gripe. :-5:-5:-5

I do hope the kiddies are allowed to enjoy the spectacle in safety.

This video is just a tad grander than most local displays, but enjoy !

YouTube - London Fireworks on New Year's Day 2010 - New Year Live - BBC One
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

YouTube - Dave Allen - Did you fart?
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up, well I do hope everybody is OK on this Saturday morning. :yh_bigsmi

Where I am in the midlands of the UK, it is wall-to-wall sunshine with a few fluffy white clouds, little to no breeze at all, and the temp. is not too bad for the time of year, though I haven't ventured out myself, my hubby said it was quite warm ! :-6

No change as regards me mouth ulcers. Getting really fed up with it all now ! No energy whatsoever, banned from doing anything physical :lips: But at least I still have no desire at all for a cigarette ! :guitarist

Last night sounded a little like Beirut must have sounded like ! From about 5.30 pm till well after midnight ! Probably be much the same tonight, as it is Saturday.

Coming to something when you have to turn the volume of the TV up to hear the dialogue above the racket outside.

Chris was putting something in our wheelie bin in the back garden at about 8 pm and he looked across the playpark to a group of 12 - 14 year old lads who were hovering round the rear end of a small hatch-back parked at the side of the road.

They ran away from the car, up the hill a little way, and Chris noticed that there was a Roman Candle type firework fizzing away right below where the petrol tank would be on that hatch-back! Fortunately the firework was spent and no damage done, but one wonders what would have happened had there been a slight leak from that petrol tank, or the pipes to it !

The lads sauntered back down the hill, back to where this car was parked, and were in a huddle at the rear again. At this point, Chris raised his voice and shouted towards these lads " I wouldn't bother if I were you !" They all stopped and looked all around them (Chris was hidden from their view, behind our climbing roses along our fence), then, not seeing where the voice had come from they all legged it in over-drive, down the hill and away from the area. Well we all know they would have tried that trick again, don't we, and maybe they might have been successful a secong time !

They really are pathetic, aren't they? :yh_eyerol

Several times during the evening, Chris went out to where our car was parked outside the front of our house and had a good look around it, and along the road to see if there were any groups of youths hanging about. Quite useful, really, having a CCTV camera aimed at your frontage and car. :yh_wink:yh_bigsmi

I've been enjoying listening again to Dave Allen, and he is such a good observer of life and people. This next video is a wonderful example. You can't help laughing, because you know he is telling it as it is. You've either seen it happen, or you have experienced it yourself, and that's what makes it so funny. :yh_rotfl

YouTube - Dave Allen -Supermarkets
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up, well there seems to be more life in the local morgue than on here !

My little 'talk and mutter hut' thread is becoming more like a journal ! This saddens me because it tells me that friends I used to chat with on here have gone, or have decided they aren't bothered any more, as they've got their own thing going. Well if that's the case, no probs, I can hack that.

Right, now I've got that off my chest, the weather report is good for today around my gaff. At the moment it is wall to wall sunshine, blue skies with one or two fluffy bits of white stuff gently floating across from the east. I saw a helium filled balloon trundling by at about 700 feet, probably a remnant of a 'firework party', it looked very purposeful anyway LOL.

I noticed, this year, that Chinese Lanterns were very popular during the Guy Fawkes celebrations on Friday. I think they look great, floating with the breeze with the warmth from the candle keeping it airborne for quite some time. Apparently there are moves afoot to ban these Chinese Lanterns, as a fire hazard and also as frightening livestock in the fields. I would have thought that at this time of year, dangers (such as they are) would be minimised because of the dampness of the ground, and because of the comparitively small size of these 'balloons'. In any case there are not very many that are still 'lit' when they actually come down to ground level, as I would have thought that the heat from the candle keeps the 'balloon' airborne, and when the candle burns out, the temp. drops and then so does the 'balloon', so there should be minimum danger from fire, unless of course the Chinese Lantern 'collides' with a haystack or similar object, whilst the candle is still 'live'.

YouTube - Sky Lanterns from BigFireworks.com

:-6 :)
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Where are all me mates? :-1

So because I didn't mention it in the previous post, I still have my mouth ulcers, and I can only eat soft stuff that slithers down without grating on me ulcers. Gawd, I'm swilling me marf art every coupluv ours wiv some Difflam and letting a B12 tablet dissolve in my mouth every day, but there isn't a lot else I can do. Doc says I have to let my immune system attack the ulcers from the inside whilst the mouth wash will attack from the outside. I did ask the doc last thursday how long I would have to suffer with these ulcers, and was told a couple of weeks ! Well if we're counting from the Doc's appointment, then I've got another 10 or 11 days to get through. I don't do pain, and I don't do ill, and it's driving me barmy to put it mildly. I feel I'm being tortured. It's keeping me awake at night, and causing me to fall asleep during the day. My stomach keeps thinking my throat's cut ! I still don't want a cigarette so that's a plus point. I think I'm loosing weight, and I also don't mind that. But I do mind not being able to eat nice things. It's got to be bland and slithery, no interesting tastes to brighten the food up. Oh well, back to the pasta with chicken soup mixed with it, possibly followed by some tapioca. No jam, no honey, no tomatoes, nowt like that. No hot food either - got to be luke warm. At the last count, which is difficult, I have at least 15 mouth ulcers all over my mouth inside. I'm just relieved that my throat seems to have survived (at the moment). Anybody got any ideas ? :-5 :-1
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

May as well have a bit of a laugh ! ............................

YouTube - Dave Allen on being cheap and lying
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up ! Hope you're all OK - it's absolutely teaming it down where I am and it blew a hooligan all night, so not a nice day today.

I was most impressed with the X - Factor over the weekend, but disgusted that the likes of Wagner and his suspect 'talent' should be voted to go through, when the likes of Treyc Cohen, who has undoubtedly got talent should be sent home. I really do think that there should be a minimum standard set up at this stage of the contest, and I think that judges should have more of a say in who goes through, before it is put to the public telephone vote. It seems that the telephone voting general public need a transplant of some sort! Wagner doesn't even sing in tune !!!!! By all accounts he is not much liked amongst the other contestants, and he seems a fairly unsavoury character if one believes what one sees in the tabloids ! But then they're after a good paper selling story, aren't they? I just don't like the look of him and he can't sing in tune, end of !

I was apprehensive when Matt was to sing 'The first time ever I saw your face' as this is an all-time favourite of mine, and I wondered how badly he would ruin it for me........................ well, although I do prefer my men to sound like men and not eunuchs, I was bowled over by Matt's rendition - no, actually, he did not spoil the song for me.........................

YouTube - Matt Cardle sings The First Time (Ever I Saw Your Face) - The X Factor Live show 5 - itv.com/xfactor
kazalala

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by kazalala »

How about some trifle!

or custard!! nice with bananas or a bit of madeira would go quite mushy in it

Make some gorgeous soup.. or get those fresh ones form the chiller bit in the supermarket ,, carrot and corianders nice

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Thanks for those mouth-watering suggestions, Kaz. I have been eating soups (not tomato, cos that would kill me !). Unfortunately anything with a hint of sharpness, like fruit, tomatoes etc. blows my mouth up into little pieces, brings tears to my eyes, causes me to gasp etc etc. Also anything hotter than luke-warm. I suspect trifle is out, unfortunately due to the fruit content, but I expect jellies would slither down nicely, as might icecream ! Last night I tried butterscotch Angel Delight, and even that hurt my damn ulcers ! I got through about half of it, very slowly, so I shall probably try to finish it up today sometime. I think I might mix it with some tapioca ! Gawd I'm really pushing the boat out aint I :yh_rotfl
kazalala

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by kazalala »

make your own trifle without fruit,, or jelly and ice cream, sounds good, also have you seen those ads making different pasta dishes with Philadelphia cream cheese,,, they use one with chives or garlic etc.,, and just mix it in with the pasta once the pasta is cooked,, drain then add some cream cheese whichever flavour and reheat a bit.. of course they have seafood and or veg in but you dont have to i spose and it will be at least a different taste for you, than chicken soup.

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

kazalala;1342836 wrote: make your own trifle without fruit,, or jelly and ice cream, sounds good, also have you seen those ads making different pasta dishes with Philadelphia cream cheese,,, they use one with chives or garlic etc.,, and just mix it in with the pasta once the pasta is cooked,, drain then add some cream cheese whichever flavour and reheat a bit.. of course they have seafood and or veg in but you dont have to i spose and it will be at least a different taste for you, than chicken soup.

I do like Philly and I like chives, I like jelly and custard, and blancmange, bananas. I can't stand garlic or seafood though. Thanks once again for tempting me. I'll probably do banana custard - I loved that as a child LOL
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks ! I think my mouth ulcers are waving a white flag at last, as I had my first warmer than luke warm coffee this morning ! I also ate my first lunch time bap (with hazelet filling) for a week ! I've nearly run out of Difflam mouth wash, so I've organised a repeat prescription from my doc, and hubby will be fetching it this afternoon. Doc has OK'd the B12 tabs, but recommends the multivitamins to cover all possible defficiencies. I'm still trying to throw off this flamin bug Chris gave to me - it has left me with a cough and occasional bunged upness! grrrrrrrrr However, I'm still a smoke-free zone, although I have had a couple of twinges today, which I have managed to side-step craftily by remembering my wheezing in the night about a week or so ago.

I think I shall have to scan that horrible lung pic of before and after smoking, print an A4 copy x 4 or 5 and stick them on appropriate doors and walls so I can keep reminding myself of what I am trying to achieve. I think I am also going to start a tobacco jar, and every week I'm going to try to put in £10 (money that I would have spent on ciggy tobacco, papers and filters each week, oh it would have been more only I had a source of foreign packaged Golden Virginia ! :yh_wink ). That would be £40 every month ! :guitarist Gawd what a waste !!! Well I've got into my second week of non-smoking, so I'll carry on and take each day as it comes. Now what can I do with £480 this time next year ? :thinking:

The weather today has been dull and a little on the cool side, with an easterly wind brrrrrrrrr. It rained for about 15 minutes, about 15 minutes ago - just after Chris went out to walk to the surgery to pick up my prescription ! Bloody typical innit?

He was also going to get some more eggs, as I've eaten them all :yh_rotfl

YouTube - The Water is Wide - Hayley Westenra
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

YouTube - Kathy Kirby - Secret Love - 1963 45rpm
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks ! Hope you're all OK and your day is moving gently along and carrying you carefully with it ! :-6 :)

I woke up to a beautifully sunny morning with just a few whispy white clouds gently floating high up. Now it's lunch time and it is wall-to-wall blue skies and not a hint of a cloud anywhere ! But I'm afraid today will be the only day this week that will be like that ! :-5 Well that's what they're telling us anyway, so it's make the most of it time !

I'm still smoke-free, day 9 and counting :wah: :guitarist Now the pain of the ulcers is reducing, my will power is having to kick in, but as Kaz so rightly says, you've gone nearly 9 days, so that means you CAN do it ! But as I say, I'm going one day at a time. I still have a supply of the ciggy makings, so I won't be fretting about not having anything in the house, should I really feel desperate. I intend not to do that though. I am quite chuffy with myself actually :yh_wink:yh_bigsmi:yh_clap:yh_star I wonder how Oscar is getting on with her quitting programme? I do hope she is coping with it OK. Also OM and YZGI. I didn't put the 'stopped smoking' thread in my 'Bookmarks' and I can't be arsed to search in the forums for it, so if somebody else has saved that thread, I would be grateful if they could bump it up to show on the front page here, then we can all add a post each day and keep an eye on each other's progress! I can also then add it to my 'Bookmarks' :yh_wink:yh_eyerol
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi gill, just been on msn ( 11pm weds ) and saw a post from you, not sure if you were trying to talk to me but mine wouldnt work !!!!!!!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Helen;1343248 wrote: hi gill, just been on msn ( 11pm weds ) and saw a post from you, not sure if you were trying to talk to me but mine wouldnt work !!!!!!!

Yes, I saw you come on msn and called you up, also several winks but no reply ! Hope everything is OK with you Mrs. Long time no see ! Ere, when will you be getting your landline in so you can get better internet ? Mind you, you've got more important things to think about at the moment I know :yh_wink:yh_whistl :yh_rotfl

Please don't forget your friends on FG, though :-6
Carolly

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Carolly »

G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up YRH, how are you ?

Just a reminder to everybody that Christmas isn't very far away, and we're all being watched :sneaky: :lips:

So just be good, if only till after Christmas :yh_rotfl
Carolly

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Carolly »

:thinking:G#Gill;1343254 wrote: Ay up YRH, how are you ?

Just a reminder to everybody that Christmas isn't very far away, and we're all being watched :sneaky: :lips:

So just be good, if only till after Christmas :yh_rotflChristmas....whats that????:-3;):lips:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Well we didn't have a Christmas last year, so we are hoping to make up for it this year !

It's a sort of a holiday thingy, Carol. People commemorate the birth of a special baby boy by giving family and friends pressies - so I've been told anyway. Oh and people cook special meals with turkey or chicken or whatever meat they fancy, and with lots of trimmings and loads of different vegetables, stuffing, gravy and all sorts of things, then if they've got any room left, there's a huge plum pudding with custard to scoff !

Somebody told me that was Christmas ! :thinking::)
Carolly

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Carolly »

G#Gill;1343266 wrote: Well we didn't have a Christmas last year, so we are hoping to make up for it this year !

It's a sort of a holiday thingy, Carol. People commemorate the birth of a special baby boy by giving family and friends pressies - so I've been told anyway. Oh and people cook special meals with turkey or chicken or whatever meat they fancy, and with lots of trimmings and loads of different vegetables, stuffing, gravy and all sorts of things, then if they've got any room left, there's a huge plum pudding with custard to scoff !

Somebody told me that was Christmas ! :thinking::)Ohhh right...well...some Jellied Eels and Pie/Mash cockney style will do me...loads of pepper and vinager.....cor can taste it now.:-4:-4
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

A couple of years ago, I was doing some grocery shopping in our local Tesco Supermarket. It was about a week before Christmas and the store was very very busy. I could hear a small child yelling and protesting and generally ranting in one of the aisles that I was approaching, and as I rounded the corner to go up this particular aisle, I saw the culprit. A small boy of about 4 years old with a very fraught looking mum trying to encourage him to stop yelling. Obviously the boy was fed up with going round this huge supermarket with all these people barging around, so he was expressing his frustration !

As I approached the small boy, I bent over to him and said that Father Christmas had sent his elves and fairies out to all the towns, houses and shops, to check up on all the children and to tell him who wasn't behaving themselves, so that he would know who to give presents to for being good, and that I'd just noticed one of the elves along a nearby aisle !

The little boy instantly went quiet. It was just as if somebody had turned his volume control to 'off' :yh_rotfl The mum had a look of total relief on her face and she mouthed 'thank you' to me, I smiled and we went our various ways.

After that there was never as much as a squeek from that little boy, and I saw him again about 15 minutes later down by the bread shelves - he saw me, recognised me and a big smile spread across his face, so I gave him a big smile back. He was certainly being a good little boy ! :wah:

Oh how I hate telling stories like that to kids, it seems so deceitful don't you think? But they do have their uses in times of severe stress ! :yh_wink:yh_shhhh
Carolly

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Carolly »

G#Gill;1343270 wrote: A couple of years ago, I was doing some grocery shopping in our local Tesco Supermarket. It was about a week before Christmas and the store was very very busy. I could hear a small child yelling and protesting and generally ranting in one of the aisles that I was approaching, and as I rounded the corner to go up this particular aisle, I saw the culprit. A small boy of about 4 years old with a very fraught looking mum trying to encourage him to stop yelling. Obviously the boy was fed up with going round this huge supermarket with all these people barging around, so he was expressing his frustration !

As I approached the small boy, I bent over to him and said that Father Christmas had sent his elves and fairies out to all the towns, houses and shops, to check up on all the children and to tell him who wasn't behaving themselves, so that he would know who to give presents to for being good, and that I'd just noticed one of the elves along a nearby aisle !

The little boy instantly went quiet. It was just as if somebody had turned his volume control to 'off' :yh_rotfl The mum had a look of total relief on her face and she mouthed 'thank you' to me, I smiled and we went our various ways.

After that there was never as much as a squeek from that little boy, and I saw him again about 15 minutes later down by the bread shelves - he saw me, recognised me and a big smile spread across his face, so I gave him a big smile back. He was certainly being a good little boy ! :wah:

Oh how I hate telling stories like that to kids, it seems so deceitful don't you think? But they do have their uses in times of severe stress ! :yh_wink:yh_shhhhSo what you actually saying here...when I go into one the elves and fairies wont bring me my jellied eels:sneaky:

Oh got a fab new CD today...Elaine Page doing duets with some fab singers.;)
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

11 hour, 11 day, 11 month. Bless them all ! Armistice Day.
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi gill and all,

just been to hospital, they called me in early so i could get x rays done and the plate and screws have worked loose and a piece of bone has broken off from the front of it !!!!!:-5. no bloody wonder ive been in so much pain !! got to go to see the consultant on the 23rd to discuss whats to be done about it and how soon they can operate, told them im busy :wah: on the 11th dec so it wont be til after then...............

thank heavens it wont entail me bein back in plaster but it mite stop my plans for kev's birthday...... a day driving monster trucks in surrey !!

although im pretty upset right now ive got to go through another op, the bright side of it is that it will be getting better and ive got more chance of gettin back to work now !!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi Helen, so sorry to hear your leg probs, you must have been in pain, and probably still are till it's sorted! Why didn't they check all this before, at the time when they told you they didn't think it would be necessary to remove the plate and screws ? :yh_eyerol

Kev's birthday pressy can always be postponed maybe, till all is sorted out, but is his birthday near Christmas then?

I thought you said the chippy had gone bust! I suppose you mean that at least you will be able to do a different job, after your leg is sorted properly, should there be one available. Ere you'll have to try for a supermarket cash-out operator. Can you sing, Helen? Cos the Irish Tesco cash-out operator is making her way steadily in the X Factor, at the moment :wah: Beats pounding a cash register dunnit? :wah:

Take care Mrs. :-6 :yh_bigsmi
Helen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Helen »

hi gill,

kevs birthday is the 9th dec !!! got a busy week that week, 3 darts comps, kevs birthday and the wedding !!!

yes the chippy has gone bust, i couldnt have gone back to humping those bags of spuds anymore anyway so will be looking for something a lot easier lol. hes working so damn hard to pay for everything that i think its only fair i try to do something to help him............ besides that im going stir crazy now !!

the weather is bloody awful here, storm force gales and driving rain.......... even wally didnt want to go out tonight and im truely grateful to him for that......

the injury to my leg has only happened over this last few weeks............ BUT had my appointment not been lost in the post, it mite have been spotted a lot sooner !! it wont get a lot better, even after the 2nd op but it will be a lot easier than it is now................
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Carolly;1343271 wrote: So what you actually saying here...when I go into one the elves and fairies wont bring me my jellied eels:sneaky:

Oh got a fab new CD today...Elaine Page doing duets with some fab singers.;)

I hope this one is one of the tracks, as it is one of my all time favourites.

YouTube - I Know Him So Well (Elaine Paige + Barbara Dickson) - STEREO

Maybe also ...................................

YouTube - Cliff Richard & Elaine Paige - Miss you nights

YouTube - You and I- Elaine Paige & Michael Ball
Carolly

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Carolly »

G#Gill;1343330 wrote: I hope this one is one of the tracks, as it is one of my all time favourites.

YouTube - I Know Him So Well (Elaine Paige + Barbara Dickson) - STEREO

Maybe also ...................................

YouTube - Cliff Richard & Elaine Paige - Miss you nights

YouTube - You and I- Elaine Paige & Michael BallNope none of them as there all new Tracks done special for the CD.:)
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Well that makes it good value. Mostly, album CDs usually have one or two tracks which have been on other albums, probably just to bulk the CD out a bit, and make people think they've got better value than they really have ! :-5
Kathy Ellen

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Gill:-4

Just popping in and will be back more in FG after next week. So sorry that you're not doing well and hope you feel better. Have you asked your doctor about your mouth sores?

Feel better:-6
Rapunzel

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Rapunzel »

Hiya Gilly, Carolly and Kathy,

I hope you're all well. :)

Sorry to hear about the snuffles, sneezes and mouth sores Gilly. I hope you get well soon. I dropped some bananas in for you to go with your custard. ;)

Cheers and Hugs to you all. xx
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Rapunzel;1343393 wrote: Hiya Gilly, Carolly and Kathy,

I hope you're all well. :)

Sorry to hear about the snuffles, sneezes and mouth sores Gilly. I hope you get well soon. I dropped some bananas in for you to go with your custard. ;)

Cheers and Hugs to you all. xx

Ay up me ducks ! Hi Rap, fancy seeing you here :wah: Thanks for the bananas, and you're quite right, they are lovely mixed with proper custard.

I remember years ago when I went camping with my hubby, Chris. He was the leader of a sea scout troop and my brother, who was the leader of the ordinary scouts local troop, threw the gauntlet down suggesting that sea scouts wouldn't make such good campers as the oirdinary scouts !

Challenge was taken up, and we all travelled to Hope Cove, in Devon by coach - sea scouts in one and 'land' scouts in another ! Oh the sea scouts won the day, by the way. Mainly because they set up their camp in a better, more secure manner, so that when the big storm hit the camp while everybody was being shown around the 'Navy Days' at Plymouth, my brother's scout tents were nearly ripped to shreds, mainly because they had not been 'storm guyed' like the sea scouts had done their tents. The only casualty for the sea scouts was the large 'Big brown bomber' tent, which was the sea scouts 'mess tent', and that had a small rip in one of the roof corners which was easily mended the next day. My brother's troop took a couple of hard-working days to repair their tents.

Anyway, I digress ! The reason I was telling you this tale is that it was on this camp that I volunteered to make the sea scouts a banana custard pudding ! I managed to find a huge 'billy can' that would contain a gallon and a half of milk needed for the number of mouths to feed. One of the boys had nipped to the shop to buy a large bunch of bananas, and extra sugar, and I set about making this 'pudding'

It was a success - it was the largest amount of custard I had ever had to make, using 'Bird's' custard powder, of course. There wasn't even a tiny lump in it, except for the chopped chunks of banana :wah: It was the right thickness of custard and sweetness, and everybody wanted 'second helpings', and I was voted 'cook of the year' :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl No I will not tell you my secret :yh_tong2 :wah: :sneaky: :lips: I learned how to avoid making lumpy custard, from my dear mum, when I was a young teenager !

Take care, everybody :-6 :-6
Rapunzel

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Rapunzel »

Lol. Great story Gilly. :-6 You DO realise that if you ever go to an FG 'meet' you have now volunteered yourself to make a gallon of banana custard for everyone, don't you? :wah:
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Rapunzel;1343415 wrote: Lol. Great story Gilly. :-6 You DO realise that if you ever go to an FG 'meet' you have now volunteered yourself to make a gallon of banana custard for everyone, don't you? :wah:

No chance, Mrs, I don't think there will ever be another FG Meet - the last one didn't have that many members to it, and nobody was interested enough to take photographs of the event to show other members that couldn't make the meet ! I wanted to go, but couldn't, so I was disappointed about the lack of photos. :-5
Betty Boop

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Betty Boop »

G#Gill;1343425 wrote: No chance, Mrs, I don't think there will ever be another FG Meet - the last one didn't have that many members to it, and nobody was interested enough to take photographs of the event to show other members that couldn't make the meet ! I wanted to go, but couldn't, so I was disappointed about the lack of photos. :-5

I think we were all just too busy chatting to be honest. At some point in the evening the lack of a camera was mentioned, not a lot could be done about it, none of us had remembered to take a camera, it wasn't intentional!!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

That was so sad BB, as it would have been another load pf pics for the FG archives. Still, it happened, and it can't be undone. :-1

So when are you and Spot sorting out the 2011 FG meet (with cameras of course :yh_rotfl )
Betty Boop

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Betty Boop »

G#Gill;1343463 wrote: That was so sad BB, as it would have been another load pf pics for the FG archives. Still, it happened, and it can't be undone. :-1

So when are you and Spot sorting out the 2011 FG meet (with cameras of course :yh_rotfl )

It's down to us is it :wah: I have to get through this year and graduate first, but I'm sure something can be arranged, somewhere... suggestions on a postcard please

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”