Gill's talk mutter hut

Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

Helen;1326242 wrote: hi all,

thought i better put in an appearance............ feeling a bit sorry for meself again.

my freind has been going thru a bit of a rough time this week. he was promised better accomodation so quit the place he was staying then got told he couldnt move to the new place til tonite so has had to sleep in his car all week !! now hes settled in and got money for food etc, hes off out tonite and hasnt got time to talk to me despite the fact ive been up all hours during the week, keeping him company, albeit at the end of a phone !!

yesterday, i made contact on face book with my eldest grandaughters godfather, who ive not seen for probably 20yrs............... and whats the first thing he does when he finds out ive been widowed ??? make a bloody pass at me !!! :-5

why do all men make the presumpsion that just cos you're on yer own youve got to be gagging for it ??? :-2

one bonus this week is that "my yappy dog" across the way seems to have been silenced so now im able to have me windows open again............

rant over, i have read all the posts :p just needed to let off steam :lips:

I find some men do take advantage of women, so next time, just say no.

and on fb......block that son of a bit**!

we all have to rant and let loose, just as I did about my ol bat neighbour when I phoned the police on her, I'm no one's punching bag.:-5

at least that yappy dog has shutit!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Helen;1326252 wrote: oh gill, you are ruddy priceless :yh_rotfl :-4

I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

I've just found this rare footage of the Beegees that includes their young brother Andy !

I was looking for a dancing track, cos I just feel like that at the moment ! Won't last though :yh_rotfl I get knackered quickly these days ! :yh_rotfl Poor old baggage! :lips:

YouTube - ‪Bee Gees - You Should Be Dancing (1977)‬‎

G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks! ........................... just a little piccy to cheer folks up !

Oh, and mustn't forget the boys ! ...............................................

Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

are the men gay?:lips:
along-for-the-ride

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Odie;1326577 wrote: are the men gay?:lips:

Odie, buddy, you missed the second picture G#Gill included in her post. Now, be a good girl and scroll back up and look again. :wah:

Hello, G#Gill! :) I thought I would pop in. I'm going to try to embed the BG's video in my "Let's Dance" thread.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1326606 wrote: Odie, buddy, you missed the second picture G#Gill included in her post. Now, be a good girl and scroll back up and look again. :wah:

Hello, G#Gill! :) I thought I would pop in. I'm going to try to embed the BG's video in my "Let's Dance" thread.

for some reason my computer screen has been acting up, it jumps up and down then stops.:-5

my buddy Garfield...how very cool!:yh_rotfl

we should be vewy quiet, Gill is probably fast asleep or shaggin.:lips::yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Good to see you pop in AFTR ! :-6 and Odie I'll get you, for that, at playtime ! :yh_tongue now just let a person sleep will you please ! :yh_sleep :lips:
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1326614 wrote: Good to see you pop in AFTR ! :-6 and Odie I'll get you, for that, at playtime ! :yh_tongue now just let a person sleep will you please ! :yh_sleep :lips:

yes mom.:yh_rotfl

ya know you love me and I love you....now goodnight and sweet dreams!:-4
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks!

Hope all are OK today. The weather here is warm, a little breezy, and a few fluffy clouds. I suppose there could be a shower or two later on. :thinking:

I have been bowled over by a track I heard on my local radio station, that has been played a couple of times in the last few days. Apparently it will be released later in August and 'they' reckon it will shoot in to the number one spot in the charts. I won't disagree with that, as I find it enchanting. This is her debut single. I also think her voice is very Karen Carpenter ! Take a listen...........................

YouTube - ‪Rumer - Slow‬‎

Rumer Willis

In case you were not aware, Rumer is the 19 year old daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore.
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

G#Gill;1326649 wrote: Ay up me ducks!

Hope all are OK today. The weather here is warm, a little breezy, and a few fluffy clouds. I suppose there could be a shower or two later on. :thinking:

I have been bowled over by a track I heard on my local radio station, that has been played a couple of times in the last few days. Apparently it will be released later in August and 'they' reckon it will shoot in to the number one spot in the charts. I won't disagree with that, as I find it enchanting. This is her debut single. I also think her voice is very Karen Carpenter ! Take a listen...........................

Rumer Willis

In case you were not aware, Rumer is the 19 year old daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore.

Good Morning!

I have no volume Gill, so I must listen when I get it fixed.:-5

She is simply stunning and looks so much like her mom!

hot and humid today, time for drinks!:yh_rotfl

I sent you an email.:sneaky::yh_rotfl

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Oscar Namechange »

G#Gill;1326649 wrote: Ay up me ducks!

Rumer Willis

In case you were not aware, Rumer is the 19 year old daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore. I am Impressed !!!!

Would not mind a little bit of her Dad either !!!!
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Yes, Oscar, I quite fancy Brucie baby so keep your hands orf ! :sneaky: :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

G#Gill;1326674 wrote: Yes, Oscar, I quite fancy Brucie baby so keep your hands orf ! :sneaky: :wah:

Do you remember him with Sybil Shepperd In 'Moonlighting' ? He had hair then and was gorgeous !!!!

One of my fave films Is '6th Sense' with Brucie.. and he was awesome In Pulp Fiction.

I have his song he recorded... Under The Broadwalk...

Off for a cold shower now....
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
along-for-the-ride

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Ah yes..............Moonlighting.....................

YouTube - ‪Moonlighting Title Sequence‬‎

:-4
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

along-for-the-ride;1326700 wrote: Ah yes..............Moonlighting.....................

YouTube - ‪Moonlighting Title Sequence‬‎

:-4

I loved that show and oh my, back then he was sooooooo hot!:yh_rotfl

I think we need some cold drinks for us AFTR!:wah:

Attached files
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks !

Not much happening, except more sorting of various stuff to take away with us! Got to take a load of stuff to leave there.

Weather today is fine, sunny most of the day and quite warm, very pleasant. Not that I have been able to sit out or anything ! :yh_eyerol

I'm sitting here, on the phone waiting for BT to answer a query. There is a ringing tone and intermittent female message saying 'We are very busy at the moment and apologise for the delay. You will be answered as soon as it is possible'.................

and so on, and so on. I just want to find out the ins and outs of having a second phone line. To connect our static with a landline, and try to get a good deal. It's been ringing now for 25 minutes ffs. Good job it's an 0800 number !!!!!

If I get put through to India, I shall flip !!!!!! I cannot understand what they say, so there will be no point in me trying to talk to them !!! I need an English person !

Oops, I've been answered............... and yikes, it's an English young lady Yippee !!!

:yh_rotfl BB later..............................
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Bugger................... I got cut off before anything could be sorted. She'd got the address of the 'new' place and was going to check deals etc. for me, then there was a click, peep then the dialling tone grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I hope they ring me back - they've got my landline number to here. I really don't fancy ringing them ffs and waiting another 25 minutes just to be cut off again!!!

Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

G#Gill;1326910 wrote: Bugger................... I got cut off before anything could be sorted. She'd got the address of the 'new' place and was going to check deals etc. for me, then there was a click, peep then the dialling tone grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I hope they ring me back - they've got my landline number to here. I really don't fancy ringing them ffs and waiting another 25 minutes just to be cut off again!!!

I have a second line Gill... For family, You should get a good deal from BT but Monday we are switching to Sky... Do not ask why... I have no Idea other than Peter has decided.
Odie

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Odie »

I miss you already.

nice to have two weeks vacation.:sneaky:

you just be good eh?:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

I hope you had a safe journey Gill. It has rained heavily here which has done the River the world of good so If you have rain In the East, the Broads will certainly benefit from It.

I was so pleased you told me that you are thinking of getting a rescue after losing Rex. If only I had a larger house, I would have more. It is a wonderful act to take a rescue as you know..... Just make sure you send the pics when you get him.

I shall keep Mutter warm for you while you are away and Thank You again for your kindness In my last few difficult weeks.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

I'm back! Hope all are OK, and thanks for your posts and good wishes. :-6 :yh_bigsmi
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

G#Gill;1330289 wrote: I'm back! Hope all are OK, and thanks for your posts and good wishes. :-6 :yh_bigsmi

So glad you got to chill Mrs. As I told you before, Norfolk holds lovely childhood memories for me where we had holidays on the Broads.

How was the weather for you? It has been raining heavily at times here so I did think of you there.

It must have been tough as It was your first time without Rex. Have you thought any more about a rescue dog?
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Hi Oscar! The weather wasn't too bad - we had quite a few sunny and warm days, but also quite a bit of rain, even a couple of thunderstorms ! I didn't care about what the weather was like, I just love to be in our caravan. Hey, I did read about your exploits under Potter Heigham bridge ! :yh_rotfl Reminded me of when we hired a boat on the Broads, and went to Potter Heigham, not long after we were married We had to wait for a 'pilot' to get us through the bridge - he went full speed ! He also said that a lot of the cruisers had to have extra people on to weight it down further in the water to clear the bridge. He said there was never a shortage of volunteers as lots of people used to come to the bridge to watch all the fun ! :wah:

Potter Heigham Bridge, Norfolk Broads, England. (Heigham pronounced 'high am')

We do intend to find another 'rescue' dog, probably in the new year though. It was very strange being at the caravan without Rex, bless him. When I first went in, I saw his empty water bowl sitting in it's tray (he was always a very splashy drinker !) on the kitchen floor, and it nearly made me cry. I do miss that lovely big beautiful dog.
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

G#Gill;1330342 wrote: Hi Oscar! The weather wasn't too bad - we had quite a few sunny and warm days, but also quite a bit of rain, even a couple of thunderstorms ! I didn't care about what the weather was like, I just love to be in our caravan. Hey, I did read about your exploits under Potter Heigham bridge ! :yh_rotfl Reminded me of when we hired a boat on the Broads, and went to Potter Heigham, not long after we were married We had to wait for a 'pilot' to get us through the bridge - he went full speed ! He also said that a lot of the cruisers had to have extra people on to weight it down further in the water to clear the bridge. He said there was never a shortage of volunteers as lots of people used to come to the bridge to watch all the fun ! :wah:

Potter Heigham Bridge, Norfolk Broads, England. (Heigham pronounced 'high am')

We do intend to find another 'rescue' dog, probably in the new year though. It was very strange being at the caravan without Rex, bless him. When I first went in, I saw his empty water bowl sitting in it's tray (he was always a very splashy drinker !) on the kitchen floor, and it nearly made me cry. I do miss that lovely big beautiful dog. OMG.. That bridge brings back memories :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Thank You for posting the pic... Yes, My Father got the barge stuck under that bridge when I was about 10 years old. It took 2 tugs to pull us out. It was the very first time my Father had taken charge of a barge but we never let him forget that one :wah:

Even as a small child, the thing I loved about the Broads was the wild fowl there.

Seeing Rex's bowl must have been heart-breaking. When I have lost dogs, It is things like that, that set me off. I know what you mean about 'splashy drinkers'. Scully and Rosie delicately sip from their water bowls but Mulder lies flat on his stomach very often with front feet In the bowl also. :wah:
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Hello everyone!

I have never laughed so hard then when I read about the adventures you and Oscar had with the Potter Heigham bridge. :yh_rotfl. It looks lovely but I don't think I would want to go under it now.:wah:

We are in what they call the "dog days" of summer right now. It's so hot and humid. They say next week it's going to be much cooler. Haven't even had much of a summer with all the rain. Soon I'll be complaining it's too cold. :wah:

Hope you are are well and I will talk to you soon!
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

Jazzy;1330724 wrote: Hello everyone!

I have never laughed so hard then when I read about the adventures you and Oscar had with the Potter Heigham bridge. :yh_rotfl. It looks lovely but I don't think I would want to go under it now.:wah:

We are in what they call the "dog days" of summer right now. It's so hot and humid. They say next week it's going to be much cooler. Haven't even had much of a summer with all the rain. Soon I'll be complaining it's too cold. :wah:

Hope you are are well and I will talk to you soon! I think my Fathers last words just before our barge got wedged under that bridge was... ' It looks a bit low but I am sure there Is plenty of room'..:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Good to see you hear Jazz, make sure you return soon.

It is surprisingly pleasant here. A nice sunny day considering we are just going Ito Autumn. Just going to take my 3 dogs out now... Damn they are embarressing !!!! Perfectly well behaved In the home until they get out-side and then they go Into Pack mode and behave like hooligans.
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to stop by and see what mischief was going on in here. :wah:

Today is another wicked hot day but the weather is going to break tomorrow. At least there is no rain predicted for the long holiday weekend. I'm going to go to the local parade and they have a huge flea market. Every year I promise myself that I don't need to buy anything and always wind up with a huge bag of stuff.

Louie was outside today for just a little bit and ran just as fast a his sister. It was great seeing him run a top speed like that again. If you didn't know his two toes were amputated, you'd think nothing ever happened.

Well, I better go get some work done. Hope you all are having a good day! :-4
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks ! Hope all are OK, and not knowing where you are Jazzy, except somewhere in USA, I hope Hurricane Earl doesn't affect you! Also, I hope you are doing OK with your business venture. I really don't know how you find the time to run your business, hold down a demanding job, deal with the home stuff and still have some time to come online - and not just on FG either! :yh_worshp

Oscar, I'm so pleased that your little Rosie is improving, is she eating that delicious chicken yet?

I really must trim my damn nails !!!!! I keep catching the i when I type the O, and the U when I type the i !!!! grrrrrrrrrrr :yh_rotfl

Yes I have good memories of the Norfolk Broads, and also some iffy ones ! I remember Chris was steering the boat and coming into a mooring place where there was a shop and a diesel pump, and he needed diesel. It had been raining a short while before and everything was a little damp still. I took up position at the bow, with the bow rope, ready to jump on to the hard quay side......... the boat was getting very close so I leapt for the side......... Have you ever jumped from one thing to another and just stayed in the air, not moving forward? Yep, as I pushed off from the boat, my foot slid on the damp varnished gunwhale...... I was not near enough to the quay to get my other foot on cleanly, so down I went, headed for the water and forming a fender between the oncoming boat and the concrete quayside! I managed to spread my arms forward to catch the quayside and save me going right into the water. I hit the concrete with a dreadful thump, which winded me, but I managed to scramble out of the water and out of the way of the incoming boat. I still had hold of the rope and turned to pull on the boat. To my embarassment, there was quite a gaggle of onlookers, who immediately clapped loudly :yh_blush I found out later that Chris had rammed the boat into reverse immediately he realised I wasn't going to make a clean jump, so the boat would not have touched me anyway, but I didn't know that at the time! Also, later, I discovered that I had sustained severe bruising right along my pelvis - it very quickly turned a dramatic black ! I was soaked from the top of my thighs down, but at least I didn't go completely into the water. All those people standing watching the 'fun' never moved an inch to help, and I overheard a woman who'd just come out of the shop say "Oh dear, I missed all the fun!" I thought 'You cow!'

The rest of my holiday I spent in varying degrees of pain and discomfort, and was very stiff. I suppose on the plus side, I was fussed over and wasn't pressed to do very much physical work! Since that episode, I have always been very careful not to jump from a boat from any wet surface ! Another lesson from the University of Hard Knocks ! (literally :wah:) Still, we've all had a good laugh about it since ! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

This boat is very similar to the one we hired for our Broads holiday.
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

Hi Gill,

Brilliant tales of the Broads.... Love It..

Just got home from work and Rosie has perked up a great deal. She has eaten a little chicken and Is drinking water herself now Instead of me having to syringe It down her. So glad that episode Is over, we were so worried.

Going to get food... back later.... tell Chris I saw the pic of him In his shorts.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1331297 wrote: Hi Gill,

Brilliant tales of the Broads.... Love It..

Just got home from work and Rosie has perked up a great deal. She has eaten a little chicken and Is drinking water herself now Instead of me having to syringe It down her. So glad that episode Is over, we were so worried.

Going to get food... back later.... tell Chris I saw the pic of him In his shorts.

Hi Oscar, so relieved that your little Rosie is improving, and good that she is eating and drinking for herself. Yes it's always a great worry when your pets get very ill suddenly like that, you just imagine all sorts of things !

I told Chris and he said 'humph !' :yh_rotfl Oh and for Fuzzy, Chris says there is no way he is going to turn round so I can take a pic of his bum ! and he added :yh_tongue :yh_rotfl
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Hello Everyone!

Quick stop to see how everyone is doing. I'd like to see some butt pictures too! :wah:

Going to ride Midnight over to the local parade later this morning. He just loves people and the children. It's a beautiful day for a parade. :-6

Then I shall hit the flea market and buy more stuff I don't need. The best part of the flea market is the homemade bakery items. The apple pies are just yummy! :-4

Hope you all are having a good day and I'll talk to you soon!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks ! It's just no good, I'll have to catch Chris unawares and photo him bending :yh_rotfl

Jazzy, are you taking part in the parade or just going as an onlooker? I used to love mooching around flea markets, but there aren't that many going on here, except possibly what we call 'car boot sales', but they are mostly folks getting rid of their unwanted 'tat' because they are having clear-outs. When I lived in a country village, they had fetes etc several times a year, and they would be fun - there would be stalls selling home-made cakes, and jams etc. I always came away stocked up with goodies to eat!

Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

G#Gill;1331741 wrote: Ay up me ducks ! It's just no good, I'll have to catch Chris unawares and photo him bending :yh_rotfl

Jazzy, are you taking part in the parade or just going as an onlooker? I used to love mooching around flea markets, but there aren't that many going on here, except possibly what we call 'car boot sales', but they are mostly folks getting rid of their unwanted 'tat' because they are having clear-outs. When I lived in a country village, they had fetes etc several times a year, and they would be fun - there would be stalls selling home-made cakes, and jams etc. I always came away stocked up with goodies to eat!

Is that Chris serving? I love his pink windcheater :sneaky::sneaky:

How are you Mrs?

What have you been up to?

Well, we have had a lovely day and have decided to go fishing at a near-by man made Carp Lake tomorrow for a spot of fishing. Egg sarnies and a flask of coffee of course.

Off to bed now.... Nighty Nighty....
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

G#Gill;1331741 wrote: Ay up me ducks ! It's just no good, I'll have to catch Chris unawares and photo him bending :yh_rotfl

Hello!

Got our butt picture yet? :wah: Just throw something on the floor and pretend you can't reach it. When Chris bends down to get it for you....SNAP!

I just went to the parade as an onlooker. I bought lots of homemade jams, cookies and pies. It was a fun day and as soon as I got home, it started to rain. At least for a few hours the rain held off and the parade was able to get done.

Talk to you soon!
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

Jazzy;1332324 wrote: Hello!

Got our butt picture yet? :wah: Just throw something on the floor and pretend you can't reach it. When Chris bends down to get it for you....SNAP!

I just went to the parade as an onlooker. I bought lots of homemade jams, cookies and pies. It was a fun day and as soon as I got home, it started to rain. At least for a few hours the rain held off and the parade was able to get done.

Talk to you soon! yeah... we want to see Chris's Butt.

Do you know Jazzy.... I fancy a riding holiday.

Wonder where Gill Is.....Hang On a cotton pickin minute.... Peter Is away for the day.... Gill Is no-where to be seen.... 2 + 2 = 5
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks ! Eee eck, I'm sorry I've been neglecting the mutter hut

No excuses, I've been busy butting in to other threads :yh_rotfl Talking of butts, I'm going to get my camera ready so I can grab it, and catch Chris possibly, while he is painting 'Ronseal' on the decking of our verandah at The Butty! I may put a pic on here shortly ! :wah: :yh_wink

Hey Oscar, I don't go fishing any more ! Also, how very dare you insinuate that my macho hubby would wear PINK !!!! besides, that woman has a lot more hair on her head than my hubby has on his ! :yh_rotfl
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

G#Gill;1332774 wrote: Ay up me ducks ! Eee eck, I'm sorry I've been neglecting the mutter hut

No excuses, I've been busy butting in to other threads :yh_rotfl Talking of butts, I'm going to get my camera ready so I can grab it, and catch Chris possibly, while he is painting 'Ronseal' on the decking of our verandah at The Butty! I may put a pic on here shortly ! :wah: :yh_wink

Hey Oscar, I don't go fishing any more ! Also, how very dare you insinuate that my macho hubby would wear PINK !!!! besides, that woman has a lot more hair on her head than my hubby has on his ! :yh_rotfl

Hello Gill!

Came to see the butt picture butt...:wah: The Butty sounds like the perfect place to take this picture! Was it named after Chris? :yh_rotfl

Freezing cold here today but I managed to get Midnight out early this morning for a nice long ride. Had my coffee and his apple and went to the pond on my property. I sat at waters edge and had coffee while Midnight munched his apple. It's such a quiet and peaceful spot. :-4

Hope you are enjoying yourself by butting in to other threads. Don't forget that Oscar and I are here and waiting for the famous butt picture!

Talk to you soon!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Well, the picture you've all been waiting patiently for ! Please click on the Link first though !

YouTube - 2009 06 27 034 Fanfare Buglers at Edinburgh Castle Drawbridge

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

I even managed to frame it ! :yh_rotfl :lips:

Attached files
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

When there was a lot of trade on the inland waterways of England, there were usually two 70 feet long narrow boats running as a pair. The lead boat was the only one with a motor and it towed the unpowered boat. Each boat had a rear cabin - in the first boat the cabin housed the engine, and the rest of that boat was used for whatever cargo they were carrying at the time. The second boat (the towed boat) also had a rear cabin, and that was the living quarters of the boat operators (usually the whole family!). The rest of that boat, like the motor boat, was used for cargo. The second boat was called the 'butty' (the mate of the motor boat). Dad would be in charge of the motor boat and mum would be in charge of steering the 'butty'. A proper family team !

Hence the name we have given to our lovely static caravan - The Butty !

The picture below is of a working pair, probably taken during WWII, as the authorities used these pairs of narrow boats throughout the war to transport munitions etc. down through the canal system to London.

Nowadays, there is very little commercial trade on the inland waterways, although some companies are seeing the benefits of one man being able to transport the equivalent tonnage of probably 6 or 7 of the largest trucks that go by road.
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

When I showed Chris the photo that I planned to post here, he said " Oh gawd, you've made a complete arse of me !!! " and burst out laughing (thank goodness ) :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl :lips: :yh_shhhh
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

G#Gill;1332817 wrote: When I showed Chris the photo that I planned to post here, he said " Oh gawd, you've made a complete arse of me !!! " and burst out laughing (thank goodness ) :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl :lips: :yh_shhhh

I can't believe you really posted the butt shot for us! Very nice butt indeed there! I can't stop laughing now and what a great sport Chris is to allow you to post that.

Hope you guys are doing well and I'll talk to you soon!
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

G#Gill;1332817 wrote: When I showed Chris the photo that I planned to post here, he said " Oh gawd, you've made a complete arse of me !!! " and burst out laughing (thank goodness ) :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl :lips: :yh_shhhh HI all... well at last I have a night at home. What have you lot been up to?

Last night was an eye-opener for me. Due to staff shortages, I became a Pizza delivery man for my Turkish friends for the night. I got one order for a pub In Bristol that I swear was actually 'The Jockey' Pub from an episode of 'Shameless'.. I had to go In this spit and sawdust pub being glared at by un-friendly locals and shout 'Pizza Order' In my suit and high heels. Damn... I grabbed his £17 and fled to the car. I had to trip my way up un-lit garden paths balancing Pizza boxes, bottles of Coke and pots of garlic mayo whilst negotiating cats and dogs and kids toys strewn In gardens.

Another I had was at the top of a high rise block of flats and I had a conversation with the customer via his entry phone that went... 'No you come down'... No tip there then.

It was an eye opener I can tell you....

Nearly forgot... Getting caught with no seat-belt and being able to say ... 'multi drop Officer.. Multi drop... oh the joy !!!!
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1332985 wrote: HI all... well at last I have a night at home. What have you lot been up to?

Last night was an eye-opener for me. Due to staff shortages, I became a Pizza delivery man for my Turkish friends for the night. I got one order for a pub In Bristol that I swear was actually 'The Jockey' Pub from an episode of 'Shameless'.. I had to go In this spit and sawdust pub being glared at by un-friendly locals and shout 'Pizza Order' In my suit and high heels. Damn... I grabbed his £17 and fled to the car. I had to trip my way up un-lit garden paths balancing Pizza boxes, bottles of Coke and pots of garlic mayo whilst negotiating cats and dogs and kids toys strewn In gardens.

Another I had was at the top of a high rise block of flats and I had a conversation with the customer via his entry phone that went... 'No you come down'... No tip there then.

It was an eye opener I can tell you....

Nearly forgot... Getting caught with no seat-belt and being able to say ... 'multi drop Officer.. Multi drop... oh the joy !!!!

Ay up me ducks ! Hope everybody is OK, fit and well, and basking in the sun !

No wonder you were AWOL yesterday ! Well I suppose it's a learning curve, Oscar :wah: :rolleyes: I do like the police occurence though - a sort of nah, nah, nee, nah, nah :yh_tongue:yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Had quite a good day, today! I made a list (from the internet) of vehicle service garages in the nearby town where our static caravan (The Butty) is. We need to know where there is a local place that can service and MOT a three-wheeler Reliant. You will appreciate that the Reliant has one wheel in the middle at the front, and it is not common that these service stations have facilities that cater for one wheel in the middle front, for putting on ramps for inspection and repairs. Also they have to have the brake-testing roller that can take a middle single front wheel to test the braking capabilities of the car. There's no problem with the two rear wheels.

Any way, after ringing round for a short while, I found a local garage that had all the equipment and did Reliant MOTs! He asked when I wanted the MOT doing, and I said we were going back to Nottingham on Friday. Bless his heart, he did the MOT this afternoon, and the car passed (after he replaced the windscreen wiper for a new one!).

What a gentleman he was! We were charged £30 for the MOT and just over £3 for the wiper...................... We were really chuffed ! We told him that we would use his garage again. He could see the white Volvo T5 sitting outside, and a smile crept across his face. :sneaky: :wah: It is such a delight being here, as everybody seems so friendly and helpful - such a change from the insulated people of Nottingham! :-6
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Well the weather, today, is very iffy! Although it is quite warm, there were clouds this morning, but a couple of sunny periods. However, when we had to go out this afternoon to take our Reliant for its MOT test, the heavens opened and somebody turned the power shower on! :-5 Fortunately, the rain eased off by the time we got to the garage and left the Reliant. When we returned a couple of hours later, yep, the heavens opened again and some bugger turned on the power shower again ! :-5 Again, fortunately, it eased when we got to the garage to pay for the MOT and collect the Reliant, but as soon as we were underway and returning to the Butty, on came the power shower yet again!!!! Chris was rather glad the Reliant had a new windscreen wiper! :wah: (I was driving the Volvo :sneaky: :wah:)

:yh_wink
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

G#Gill;1333055 wrote: Well the weather, today, is very iffy! Although it is quite warm, there were clouds this morning, but a couple of sunny periods. However, when we had to go out this afternoon to take our Reliant for its MOT test, the heavens opened and somebody turned the power shower on! :-5 Fortunately, the rain eased off by the time we got to the garage and left the Reliant. When we returned a couple of hours later, yep, the heavens opened again and some bugger turned on the power shower again ! :-5 Again, fortunately, it eased when we got to the garage to pay for the MOT and collect the Reliant, but as soon as we were underway and returning to the Butty, on came the power shower yet again!!!! Chris was rather glad the Reliant had a new windscreen wiper! :wah: (I was driving the Volvo :sneaky: :wah:)

:yh_wink Glad you got the car OK.... Today has been raining here which I actually love and It is my fave time of the year. I love to walk In the rain with the dogs who then come back smelling like an old rotting cardi.

Rosie has been trying to be sick.... nothing came up and I could see her looking at us as she was gagging... me thinks she Is trying It on now.

Off for a while to nosh some lovely crispy belly of pork with green beans.... oh yum !!!!
Jazzy

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by Jazzy »

Hello!

Just wanted to stop by, say hello and see what's going on in here. :sneaky:

The weather here has taken a nose dive. It's been so cold at night that I had to break down and put the heat on. I called for an oil delivery and almost passed out at the price. Looks like I'll be running the woodstoves and only putting the heat on when I absolutely have to. Can't use the woodstoves yet as they need to be cleaned out. Thank goodness they are able to come out Friday and do this for me.

Can't believe that next week will be the start of Autumn. Time flies and soon my town will be full of tourists. They come from all over to take pictures of the Autumn colors of the trees. It's good for the economy but it's a pain trying to get a parking spot any place while they are here.

Well, I better go and get some work done. I hope you all are well and enjoying your day!

Talk to you soon.....
G#Gill

Gill's talk mutter hut

Post by G#Gill »

Ay up me ducks!!!! Hi Jazzy! I must say I absolutely love the Autmnal colours of all the trees, and I'm not surprised folk come from miles around to see all those trees at this time of year. Must be magnificent! Where I am staying, at the moment in Norfolk, it's the bulge on the east side of England, north of London, and reckoned to be the most treed county in England. I can quite believe it too. There are wonderful stretches of main roads that literally go through long tunnels of trees that make a beautiful archway right across the road - fascinating! I'll try to get some photos of them, when it's more into Autumn. :-6
Oscar Namechange

Gill's talk mutter hut

G#Gill;1333051 wrote: Ay up me ducks ! Hope everybody is OK, fit and well, and basking in the sun !

No wonder you were AWOL yesterday ! Well I suppose it's a learning curve, Oscar :wah: :rolleyes: I do like the police occurence though - a sort of nah, nah, nee, nah, nah :yh_tongue:yh_rotfl

Aye Up Mrs... What Is the weather like on the Broads... lovely and sunny here.

Forgot to ask you... Do you see any Red Kites on the Broads?

I was going to clean my windows but do you know what???.... I can not be arssed..... Life Is far too short.

I am just looking through the Christmas Catalogue for some small gifts for our FG Buddies.

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”