open minds room with open planning

OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1241468 wrote: hoping you had a great day at work and what did you do with Arabella yesterday?

Thank you.

I've started teaching Arabella to sing London Bridge. She prefers watching Shaun the Sheep though at the moment. Then she spotted a picture of Gummy Bear on YouTube.

We mostly played and larked about. She enjoyed it when I was being a scary monster. She was genuinely scared every time I got her. But it made her laugh her heart out.

Home time was sad.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1241554 wrote: Thank you.

I've started teaching Arabella to sing London Bridge. She prefers watching Shaun the Sheep though at the moment. Then she spotted a picture of Gummy Bear on YouTube.

We mostly played and larked about. She enjoyed it when I was being a scary monster. She was genuinely scared every time I got her. But it made her laugh her heart out.

Home time was sad.

next time.......turn off the computer.

why was home time sad or would you rather discuss it in a pm?
Life is just to short for drama.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1241558 wrote: next time.......turn off the computer.

why was home time sad or would you rather discuss it in a pm?

Unfortunately, Shaun the Sheep is on the computer.

It's always sad for me. I'm not allowed to visit her at home so I only see her on a Sunday. It's not enough.

Yesterday, only her brother came along to pick her up. Normally her sisters are there and they make a lot of fuss over her and that distracts her. I noticed a look on her face before her Mum pulled away. She glanced at me and it was as if she realised that that was it. A week must be a long time for her.

It's all wrong in my mind. What I did, didn't warrant this. I always miss her. Especially on her birthdays. Apparently, she has asked after me during the week before now.

It incences me that some guy I've never met or been introduced to is going to live with her. In a short while, he will have seen more of her than I have.

I'm expected to suppress these feelings. I half expect I'll be modded for writing these things here. I can't help it. I'm in constant pain. A guy has to groan from pain occasionally.

I, for my part, have nothing to hide.

Sorry. You did ask.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1241613 wrote: Unfortunately, Shaun the Sheep is on the computer.

It's always sad for me. I'm not allowed to visit her at home so I only see her on a Sunday. It's not enough.

Yesterday, only her brother came along to pick her up. Normally her sisters are there and they make a lot of fuss over her and that distracts her. I noticed a look on her face before her Mum pulled away. She glanced at me and it was as if she realised that that was it. A week must be a long time for her.

It's all wrong in my mind. What I did, didn't warrant this. I always miss her. Especially on her birthdays. Apparently, she has asked after me during the week before now.

It incences me that some guy I've never met or been introduced to is going to live with her. In a short while, he will have seen more of her than I have.

I'm expected to suppress these feelings. I half expect I'll be modded for writing these things here. I can't help it. I'm in constant pain. A guy has to groan from pain occasionally.

I, for my part, have nothing to hide.

Sorry. You did ask.

That is very unfair and not called for......you did not deserve this.

You can have her now overnight.....I would be taking her overnight.....it will make a difference.:D

time for a court session?

sounds like its wayyyyyyy overdue!
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1241684 wrote: That is very unfair and not called for......you did not deserve this.

You can have her now overnight.....I would be taking her overnight.....it will make a difference.:D

time for a court session?

sounds like its wayyyyyyy overdue!

I can have her over night whenever I want but I haven't the means. I have been struggling to make ends meet since the separation and I can't afford the stuff I need. At the moment, I'm waiting to have essential work done to my car so I can use it. The last two years have not been good to me and it's slowly getting worse.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1241806 wrote: I can have her over night whenever I want but I haven't the means. I have been struggling to make ends meet since the separation and I can't afford the stuff I need. At the moment, I'm waiting to have essential work done to my car so I can use it. The last two years have not been good to me and it's slowly getting worse.

but what does she need, she has a bed......just buy her something to eat.

oh I thought your car was on the road.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1241807 wrote: but what does she need, she has a bed......just buy her something to eat.

oh I thought your car was on the road.

I also need bedclothes (the bed was contributed by the landlord), pyjamas, clothes, and other stuff for her. Ridiculous as it may seem, I just don't have the money to buy them.

Before the fire at the last place, things were on the up. The move to this place has increased my expenses considerably. At the last place, I didn't have to pay for council tax, water, gas and the rent was lower.

I had no work in July and the first job was very low paid. I'm now on a better paid job but it's going to take time to get back on top of everything.

But I have faith that I will get through this period and come out on top. I also intend to retrain but I haven't the money for that as yet.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

OpenMind;1242009 wrote: I also need bedclothes (the bed was contributed by the landlord), pyjamas, clothes, and other stuff for her. Ridiculous as it may seem, I just don't have the money to buy them.

Before the fire at the last place, things were on the up. The move to this place has increased my expenses considerably. At the last place, I didn't have to pay for council tax, water, gas and the rent was lower.

I had no work in July and the first job was very low paid. I'm now on a better paid job but it's going to take time to get back on top of everything.

But I have faith that I will get through this period and come out on top. I also intend to retrain but I haven't the money for that as yet.
You know you can shout ;)

You will come through this Roger and Arabella will be so proud of the way her daddy handled things when she's old enough to understand.

Thinking of you :-4:-4:-4
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

OpenMind;1242009 wrote: I also need bedclothes (the bed was contributed by the landlord), pyjamas, clothes, and other stuff for her. Ridiculous as it may seem, I just don't have the money to buy them.

I forgot to add that I need heating appliances too.:D
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

oscar;1242010 wrote: You know you can shout ;)

You will come through this Roger and Arabella will be so proud of the way her daddy handled things when she's old enough to understand.

Thinking of you :-4:-4:-4

Hi, Oscar. How are you doing?

If things get desparate, I will shout. I tend not to because I am proud like my Dad though I have helped a lot of people in my time.

Did you see the video of Arabella singing on FB?
Odie

Post by Odie »

you know just like those other times.....you will get through this.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

OpenMind;1242012 wrote: Hi, Oscar. How are you doing?

If things get desparate, I will shout. I tend not to because I am proud like my Dad though I have helped a lot of people in my time.

Did you see the video of Arabella singing on FB? yes.. I did... Bless her :-4

I just wish we lived nearer. I have a brand new single bed on wheels and new bedding sitting here doing nothing until family stay. |
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

oscar;1242015 wrote: yes.. I did... Bless her :-4

I just wish we lived nearer. I have a brand new single bed on wheels and new bedding sitting here doing nothing until family stay. |

There seems to be enough of us on FB alone that we could start our own village.:D

Glad you saw the video. She hasn't realised yet that her name is spelt with 'rr' in it. I'm teaching her London Bridge now. Carols soon.
Odie

Post by Odie »

its almost Funday!:guitarist:guitarist
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1248795 wrote: its almost Funday!:guitarist:guitarist

Another 7 days to go.:(

Will put a couple of pics of today on FB in a mo.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1248949 wrote: Another 7 days to go.:(

Will put a couple of pics of today on FB in a mo.

I thought your car was fixed by now?
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1248971 wrote: I thought your car was fixed by now?

I am only now in a position to afford to have the work done. How things change. Three years ago, before moving up from Bedford, I would have had it sorted as soon as I knew what had to be done.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1249051 wrote: I am only now in a position to afford to have the work done. How things change. Three years ago, before moving up from Bedford, I would have had it sorted as soon as I knew what had to be done.

yipppee!

see how far you have come?

I saw her pics on fb.......she looked so cute dragging that huge branch!:yh_rotfl

almost midnight here....night night my friend.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1249054 wrote: yipppee!

see how far you have come?

I saw her pics on fb.......she looked so cute dragging that huge branch!:yh_rotfl

almost midnight here....night night my friend.

Yup. About 400 miles. :yh_rotfl

She's a tough one. That wasn't a light branch for her and she held it completely off the ground just from that one end. Later on, we found a load of sycamore seeds. I threw them up for her and she loved the way they came down like helicopters.:-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1249177 wrote: Yup. About 400 miles. :yh_rotfl

She's a tough one. That wasn't a light branch for her and she held it completely off the ground just from that one end. Later on, we found a load of sycamore seeds. I threw them up for her and she loved the way they came down like helicopters.:-6

400 miles.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I could tell that branch was heavier than she is, she's a trooper just like her dad.:-4

oh those helicopter seeds are so much fun!:guitarist
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1249181 wrote: 400 miles.:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I could tell that branch was heavier than she is, she's a trooper just like her dad.:-4

oh those helicopter seeds are so much fun!:guitarist

They are great fun. I love them.:-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

been a busy week here with bringing indoors all my solar lanterns, birdbath etc, tons of letters I had written, preparing for Halloween, taking care of my own 4 cats, my stray outside and now a new stray that keeps hogging my strays food and trying to get him well fed in another location, my baby fish in my tropical fish tank is in a separate housing, and he is growing fast, so many animals to tend to.:yh_rotfl

Last night my two raccoons were back on the porch eating the strays dry cat food and water, so I took them more out and watched them eat, one of the adults sat on his bum and had gotten one of the bowls on top of his legs, while he sat up and used his front legs to eat......oh so cute! then two babies joined in and were splashing water at each other. Had to fill up my birdfeeders 2X yesterday and it has now attracted more bluejays, my favorite song birds.

I love my zoo!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1250355 wrote: been a busy week here with bringing indoors all my solar lanterns, birdbath etc, tons of letters I had written, preparing for Halloween, taking care of my own 4 cats, my stray outside and now a new stray that keeps hogging my strays food and trying to get him well fed in another location, my baby fish in my tropical fish tank is in a separate housing, and he is growing fast, so many animals to tend to.:yh_rotfl

Last night my two raccoons were back on the porch eating the strays dry cat food and water, so I took them more out and watched them eat, one of the adults sat on his bum and had gotten one of the bowls on top of his legs, while he sat up and used his front legs to eat......oh so cute! then two babies joined in and were splashing water at each other. Had to fill up my birdfeeders 2X yesterday and it has now attracted more bluejays, my favorite song birds.

I love my zoo!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

It says a lot of good about you that you have so many 'pets' who have adopted you. You must be proud of your little 'family'.:-6:-6
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1250407 wrote: It says a lot of good about you that you have so many 'pets' who have adopted you. You must be proud of your little 'family'.:-6:-6

It makes me happy when I can help with outdoor animals who need special care.;)
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1250431 wrote: It makes me happy when I can help with outdoor animals who need special care.;)

They feel they can trust you.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1250548 wrote: They feel they can trust you.

it took Shyguy the cat I have been feeding, 3 years to stay on the porch if he is there when I come out to feed him, rather than running away..

however I still cannot get within 3 feet of him

someone abused this cat badly......I talk to him all the time, quietly, gently, softly just to get his trust back.

feel sorry for him out in cold pouring rain and snow...last year he stayed on a fence as there was no where for him to jump with 6 inches of snow everywhere.....

I`d like to fine the person who did this to him.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1250568 wrote: it took Shyguy the cat I have been feeding, 3 years to stay on the porch if he is there when I come out to feed him, rather than running away..

however I still cannot get within 3 feet of him

someone abused this cat badly......I talk to him all the time, quietly, gently, softly just to get his trust back.

feel sorry for him out in cold pouring rain and snow...last year he stayed on a fence as there was no where for him to jump with 6 inches of snow everywhere.....

I`d like to fine the person who did this to him.

It is a serious disorder in people that make them abuse animals and children. These people are cowards in my mind. They take their frustrations or, in some cases, pleasure, out on the defenceless and the weak.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1250628 wrote: It is a serious disorder in people that make them abuse animals and children. These people are cowards in my mind. They take their frustrations or, in some cases, pleasure, out on the defenceless and the weak.

yes they do and some buy pets and realize later..........and they just toss them aside as they were garbage.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1250645 wrote: yes they do and some buy pets and realize later..........and they just toss them aside as they were garbage.

Which there is no need for because there are plenty of places that will take these unwanted pets in. It's just laziness at best and a callous disregard for life on the other.

There are still a lot of people that think that animals, because they can't do as humans do, have no feelings.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1250679 wrote: Which there is no need for because there are plenty of places that will take these unwanted pets in. It's just laziness at best and a callous disregard for life on the other.

There are still a lot of people that think that animals, because they can't do as humans do, have no feelings.

We have people here drop their unwanted animals off at the Toronto Humane Society....left there in the middle of night.....cowards.:-5:-5

plus hundreds are abused every year.:-1
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1250736 wrote: We have people here drop their unwanted animals off at the Toronto Humane Society....left there in the middle of night.....cowards.:-5:-5

plus hundreds are abused every year.:-1

Animals do not behave as these humans do. Well, cats can torment their prey I suppose. But humans who get pleasure out of mistreating animals are no better than insects.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1250939 wrote: Animals do not behave as these humans do. Well, cats can torment their prey I suppose. But humans who get pleasure out of mistreating animals are no better than insects.

cats tormenting their prey is normal instinct.

humans are acting like monsters.
Odie

Post by Odie »

if you think your hiding, I can see you.:sneaky::yh_rotfl
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1254006 wrote: if you think your hiding, I can see you.:sneaky::yh_rotfl

If I wanted to hide, I'd use the 'invisible' feature.:yh_rotfl Anyway, I have no reason to hide.:lips::sneaky:

How are you, Joan?
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1254037 wrote: If I wanted to hide, I'd use the 'invisible' feature.:yh_rotfl Anyway, I have no reason to hide.:lips::sneaky:

How are you, Joan?

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I never meant that you were not invisible!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I'm great Roger, nice and sunny today, most of my outside work is done, how are you mate?
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1254044 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I never meant that you were not invisible!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I'm great Roger, nice and sunny today, most of my outside work is done, how are you mate?

Farmville and Yoville take up a lot of my time at the moment.:D

I'm generally good though I'll be glad when I can get out of my financial gravity well.:-5
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1254395 wrote: Farmville and Yoville take up a lot of my time at the moment.:D

I'm generally good though I'll be glad when I can get out of my financial gravity well.:-5

ohhhhhhhhhh I hate farmville!:-5:-5

but glad you enjoy them.

I like the quizzes!:guitarist

financial gravity.....I will never get out of.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1254399 wrote: ohhhhhhhhhh I hate farmville!:-5:-5

but glad you enjoy them.

I like the quizzes!:guitarist

financial gravity.....I will never get out of.

Plummetting is scary. I enjoy orbitting.:D
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

How do I tame the ADD?
I AM AWESOME MAN
splachririd

Post by splachririd »

This is a very good website for promo codes and coupons.

I've used them a few times in the past and they are very effective and accurate. They check them manually, so all of them seem to be working, for me at least
Articles of incorporation online | How to incorportate a company yourself? | Why incorporating business small services llc
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Nomad;1254549 wrote: How do I tame the ADD?

I give up. How do you tame the ADD?:confused:
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

OpenMind;1254855 wrote: I give up. How do you tame the ADD?:confused:

It cant be done.....oh look a mouse ..............>>>>
I AM AWESOME MAN
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Nomad;1254951 wrote: It cant be done.....oh look a mouse ..............>>>>

I grasp and handle my mouse on a daily basis.
Odie

Post by Odie »

hiya!

what's new?
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1256239 wrote: hiya!

what's new?

Hiya back.

I've managed to get a video of Arabella singing London Bridge. I've posted it on FB but haven't posted it on here yet as it takes longer.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1256310 wrote: Hiya back.

I've managed to get a video of Arabella singing London Bridge. I've posted it on FB but haven't posted it on here yet as it takes longer.

great.........will check it out later....just going for lunch now.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Jazzy left this is my room for you.

click on it or see a better view in my room.

OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1264118 wrote: Jazzy left this is my room for you.

click on it or see a better view in my room.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Thank you my lovely friend.
Odie

Post by Odie »

OpenMind;1264214 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Thank you my lovely friend.

I'm not sure if you even get the show called Sesame Street?
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Odie;1264227 wrote: I'm not sure if you even get the show called Sesame Street?

Only on BBC Northern Ireland apparently. I've posted a link about it on your thread.

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”