So Christmas? anyone bothering?

magentaflame

So Christmas? anyone bothering?

Post by magentaflame »

I was having a discussion with a few people yesterday and one of them raised the issue of putting lights out and celebrating etc. Nobody seemed to be as enthused as usual. I don't think I could give a toss this year either. I seriously don't think I'll even put a tree up.
Is anyone else "into it" this year?
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

Re: So Christmas? anyone bothering?

Post by LarsMac »

magentaflame wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:27 pm I was having a discussion with a few people yesterday and one of them raised the issue of putting lights out and celebrating etc. Nobody seemed to be as enthused as usual. I don't think I could give a toss this year either. I seriously don't think I'll even put a tree up.
Is anyone else "into it" this year?
The Daughter and Mrs would have none of that. They are already starting to string light and sorting through the decorations.
The neighbor across the highway has already got all their outside lights set up. He says the don't turn them on until after Turkey Day, though.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I bought new lights .....looked at them the other day and walked out of the room again. No Ho Ho Ho here ....just Ho hum. I'll be off work for a little while over Christmas maybe boredom will get the better of me and I'll eventually put them up.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

I seldom, if ever give much thought to Christmas stuff until December.
"We don't wear our masks because we are scared of dying from COVID. We wear them because we don't want to kill anybody." - Pastor Chad Stafford
spot

Post by spot »

As a gesture of goodwill to all, I have so far avoided saying Humbug this year. I'm sure that will change though.
Nullius in verba|||||||||||
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

I really dislike Christmas. Even more so this year, last years little potted tree that I have lovingly kept alive for the past 11 months with the intention of bringing it in again this year for a few days, has been nicked out of my front garden.

Return to “ForumGarden Hotel”