The real nutbars seem to mostly end up being white.

Fact is stranger than fiction.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Just sayin'...:-2

Or is it so outside our own reality that it just seems that way. Read the story without a picture and my immediate thought was 'has to be a white guy'

So I guess I am a little bit racist.:thinking:

Man Convicted of Murdering Six Members of Washington State Family - NBC News
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

flopstock;1479217 wrote: Just sayin'...:-2

Or is it so outside our own reality that it just seems that way. Read the story without a picture and my immediate thought was 'has to be a white guy'

For me it all depends on what the crime is which forms an image of the perp's race. All the time I know it is based on life experience, I profile.

flopstock;1479217 wrote: So I guess I am a little bit racist.:thinking:

It is not racist to deal with reality. What is racists is to continue to perpetrate lies.

Aside from attacks on the Second Amendment, there is a certain theme that’s now repeated after every massacre committed by an unhinged individual: that most all mass killers are white.

Before rushing to play pin the tale on the honkey, did anyone bother to check the history of mass killings?

Pin the tail on the honkey.

That just cracked me up.

Because I have — a comprehensive list dating from 1982 through 9/16/2013 is found at Mother Jones here — and guess what?

Of the last 20 mass killings of that period, 9 were perpetrated by non-whites.

That would be 45 percent, which exceeds non-whites’ 37 percent share of the population.

Of the last 30 mass killings, 11 were committed by non-whites — right at the 37 percent mark.

And what if we go all the way back to 1982? We then have 66 mass killings in which the races of the perpetrators were known, and 22 of them, or one-third, were at the hands of non-whites. Note here that America’s demographics have been changing, with non-whites comprising only about 20 percent of the population in 1982; thus, if we consider an approximate average non-white population of 28.5 percent during the 31-year period in question, it appears that, again, mass murderers are slightly disproportionately non-white.

In other words, there is no evidence whatsoever that mass killings are a characteristically white phenomenon.

And there never was.

In fact, the group most disproportionately represented on the Mother Jones chart is Americans of Asian descent. While only 6 percent of the population, they have been 15 percent of the 31-year period’s last 20 mass killers, 13 percent of the last 30, and 9 percent of the last 66. This is quite interesting, too, since Americans of Asian descent have a very low crime rate in general.

So in light of this, why are whites implicated in mass killings? The answer is one word:

Prejudice.

Are Most Mass Murderers Really White?

I am not a big fan of MOTHER JONES but this is the list referred to in the above article.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Hey Dawg.........................you forgetting Hitler ?

That'll skew the percentages.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Bruv;1479223 wrote: Hey Dawg.........................you forgetting Hitler ?

That'll skew the percentages.

HuH ?

FourPart

Post by FourPart »

All those statistics for Whites / Non-Whites - it's like the arguments for / against Proportional Representation - Tories / No-Tories.
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

Hitler really doesn't count. For the FBI stats, the culprit must have done the deed him/herself.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

:thinking:So since I wrote this I feel like I am tripping over nasty cases that appear to have been performed by black men. Maybe I just assumed that what I was reading about was white men before.

...and of course - innocent until proven guilty applies.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

flopstock;1479585 wrote: :thinking:So since I wrote this I feel like I am tripping over nasty cases that appear to have been performed by black men. Maybe I just assumed that what I was reading about was white men before.

...and of course - innocent until proven guilty applies.

Some People are revolting & nasty. Are you referring to that disgusting Washington D.C. case where the perp's DNA was on a Domino Pizza crust? Where 4 people, including a child, were tortured & burnt to death? It reminds me of the case at the Doctor's home in CT, where only he escaped & in that case, the invaders were both white, his wife & 2 daughters killed, burnt.

Petit Family Killings News - The New York Times
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

AnneBoleyn;1479590 wrote: Some People are revolting & nasty. Are you referring to that disgusting Washington D.C. case where the perp's DNA was on a Domino Pizza crust? Where 4 people, including a child, were tortured & burnt to death? It reminds me of the case at the Doctor's home in CT, where only he escaped & in that case, the invaders were both white, his wife & 2 daughters killed, burnt.

Petit Family Killings News - The New York Times
That's what it reminded me of too and when I first started hearing about it, I assumed it would end up being a white guy or guys again, because of the similarities.

tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Where is the outrage?

Omaha police officer killed in shootout just hours before going on maternity leave

A 29-year-old police officer who had put off maternity leave after giving birth prematurely to a daughter in February was being mourned Thursday, a day after she was gunned down in a shootout with a fugitive.

Kerrie Orozco, the first female officer from Omaha's police department to die in the line of duty, had only recently given birth to a daughter, and also was stepmother to two children ages 6 and 7, according to authorities. She was pronounced dead at Creighton University Medical Center shortly after the 1 p.m. shooting, Police Chief Todd Schmaderer said at a hospital news conference. Schmaderer said the suspect, 26-year-old Marcus Wheeler, also died at the hospital.

'Kerrie on': Omaha rallies around fallen police officer's newborn

Omaha lost a dedicated police officer and community leader this week, but Olivia Ruth lost even more - the mother she will never know.

As the family of Kerrie Orozco grieved for the 29-year-old, seven-year veteran following her death Wednesday in a shootout with a fugitive, the city's flags flew at half-staff, the police department rallied behing the simple phrase "Kerrie On," and donations poured in for Olivia Ruth, the baby Orozco had just given birth to prematurely. Orozco was working her last shift before going on maternity leave to be with her baby when a criminal's bullet struck her just above the bulletproof vest that might have saved her life.

AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

That's a sad, sad situation TD.

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”