Trashed for donating $50000 - Cripes!

Fact is stranger than fiction.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

People are just such idiots. I don't listen to Taylor's music and if these are the kind of folks who follow her, I'm glad I don't listen to her.

Taylor Swift's $50K donation to NYC schools sparks backlash | MSNBC
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

That is so sad, isn't it ? Taylor Swift is not forced to give ANY of her money to ANYBODY ! They should be grateful for the financial gift ! In the UK some of our "super stars" have organised trust funds where people, organisations etc. can apply for a grant from that fund to help them with their finances for their group. Paul McCartney for instance has said that it is his way of paying back to the community what they did for him and The Beatles to put them where they were. There are an awful lot of people around who miserably say "Well he can afford it, can't he !" Well he actually doesn't have to put any money back into the communities,, does he ? It just so happens that that is what he wants to do !

What's the saying - "Never look a gift horse in the mouth" nuff said.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Perhaps she can be charged with false advertising. Her hollow promise might have had something to do with the initial success of the song. NY radio stations probably played it because of her promise and once humans hear something enough times, good or bad, it sticks and they begin to like it regardless.

Not that any of that is worth considering.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

People here in NYC are mostly not happy with Taylor trying to make herself the face of New York, as she is a newcomer to the city. Chutzpah, as the local lingo goes. And $50K? Skinflint! Duly appreciated but no kudos. This is New York after all, we just won't fall at someone's feet or be bought for a nickel.
spot

Post by spot »

There's some ghastly unknown tyke trying to scavenge off her this week, I notice.

Pop star Taylor Swift is being sued for $42m (£27m) for allegedly stealing the lyrics to her hit 2014 song Shake It Off.

US R&B singer Jesse Braham has claimed in legal papers Swift stole the words from a song he wrote in 2013 called Haters Gone Hate.

Taylor Swift sued over Shake It Off lyrics - BBC News

I note the following tweet, visible to anyone who has access to Google: @AdrianDeBrock Haters hate, fakers fake, winners play on:)

Favorite

jojo70

9:08 PM - 15 May 2012

I would suggest Mr Braham slink back to the hole from which he crept.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”