Portland water supply

Fact is stranger than fiction.
Bruv

Portland water supply

Post by Bruv »

The city of Portland, Oregon, has been forced to dump millions of gallons of drinking water. Why?

Because someone urinated into a water reservoir.

It is an open reservoir, birds fly over it, animals pass by possible die in it, but on the chance that one person peed into it, they are going to 'waste' a 50 million gallons?

I would happily drink water from......lets say.....an Olympic sized swimming pool containing 600,000 gallons urinated into by an HIV postitive leper with a water infection, but thats just me.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Wandrin

Portland water supply

Post by Wandrin »

38 million gallons of fresh water wasted? That is silly. Just plain silly. One goose or duck would provide more "pollution" than the kid.
Accountable

Portland water supply

Post by Accountable »

The story I saw on it actually showed a couple of ducks swimming in the resevoir. The really stupid thing is that now some are calling for federal legislation dictating to localities how to handle their own water. Stupid, if you as, me.
LarsMac

Portland water supply

Post by LarsMac »

Bruv;1452018 wrote: The city of Portland, Oregon, has been forced to dump millions of gallons of drinking water. Why?

Because someone urinated into a water reservoir.

It is an open reservoir, birds fly over it, animals pass by possible die in it, but on the chance that one person peed into it, they are going to 'waste' a 50 million gallons?

I would happily drink water from......lets say.....an Olympic sized swimming pool containing 600,000 gallons urinated into by an HIV postitive leper with a water infection, but thats just me.

I cannot claim to have your refined tastes on the matter, but I am pretty sure that's not the only kid who ever peed in the reservoir.

There is a reservoir near here where they have all sorts of boating and fishing, but they will not allow swimming. They claim that swimmers might pee in the lake.

I argue that those fishermen probably do not pull up their lines and motor all the way back to the marina when they have to pee.

Still can't swim in the lake. [sigh]
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Bruv

Portland water supply

Post by Bruv »

We all know what fish do in the water don't we?
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
fuzzywuzzy

Portland water supply

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

EEEWWWHHHHHH!!!! BRUV!!!! you think what fish do is bad? You should see what coral does .......shudders.......coral sperm everywhere!!!!

As I have said before and I'll say it again . Fill it with beer and nobody will pee in it.
HippieMan86

Portland water supply

Post by HippieMan86 »

Yeah, that is pretty wasteful.
-THINK GOOD THOUGHTS!!

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”