Does anyone know ?

Fact is stranger than fiction.
Oscar Namechange

Does anyone know ?

Post by Oscar Namechange »

If the film ' Unbreakable' is a true story or not?

I'm finding conflicting reports on the net...

It has to be one of the best films I have seen and watched It again last night.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
LarsMac

Does anyone know ?

Post by LarsMac »

This Unbreakable

Unbreakable (2000) - IMDb
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Oscar Namechange

Does anyone know ?

LarsMac;1423425 wrote: This Unbreakable

Unbreakable (2000) - IMDb It's a brilliant film and very well made In the suspense sense. Even watching a 2 nd time, I was gripped.... I think It's one of Bruce Willis's best roles bar the ' I see dead people' role...

This clip Is the end of the film where Willis see SL Jackson for what he's done.... the credits at the end suggest It Is a true story but I can't find conformation of that....

brilliant brilliant film
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

Does anyone know ?

Post by Snooz »

Unbreakable is a 2000 American superhero thriller film written, produced, and directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

I would say no.
Oscar Namechange

Does anyone know ?

SnoozeAgain;1423434 wrote: Unbreakable is a 2000 American superhero thriller film written, produced, and directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

I would say no.
Thanks.... I find this taken from you link Interesting...

During the filming of The Sixth Sense, Shyamalan had already approached Bruce Willis for the lead role of David Dunn.[6] With Willis and Samuel L. Jackson specifically in mind for the two leading characters, Shyamalan began to write Unbreakable as a spec script[7] during post-production on The Sixth Sense.[8]

There seems to be parallels with Bruce Willis's style of acting In Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense....
Snooz

Does anyone know ?

Post by Snooz »

I think this was Shyamalan's best film, although The Sixth Sense was very good too. Things started to fall apart by the time he made "Signs".
Oscar Namechange

Does anyone know ?

SnoozeAgain;1423451 wrote: I think this was Shyamalan's best film, although The Sixth Sense was very good too. Things started to fall apart by the time he made "Signs".
I'd never heard of or seen the film ' Signs' so I had to google It...... Reading the write up's, It seems along the same lines.... man becomes convinced of something paranormal.... It looks good and I'm going to download It and watch It.... Thanks
AnneBoleyn

Does anyone know ?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Signs is really worth watching IMO. Enjoyed it. Coincidentally, it was on cable here last night. I saw instead Snow White & The Huntsman which I liked very much.
Oscar Namechange

Does anyone know ?

AnneBoleyn;1423482 wrote: Signs is really worth watching IMO. Enjoyed it. Coincidentally, it was on cable here last night. I saw instead Snow White & The Huntsman which I liked very much.

Thanks Anne...
AnneBoleyn

Does anyone know ?

Post by AnneBoleyn »

What I'm really Excited about Oscar is that "Game of Thrones" begins 3rd Season Tonight! YAY! :-D
Oscar Namechange

Does anyone know ?

AnneBoleyn;1423491 wrote: What I'm really Excited about Oscar is that "Game of Thrones" begins 3rd Season Tonight! YAY! :-D

I just can't get Into that....

This might Interest you.... I watched It last night...

Historians and pathologists mummified a man to confirm how the ancient egyptians did It.... The result was astonishing

Mummifying Alan: How did Alan Billis' wife Jan feel finally seeing 'Tutan-Alan'? | Mail Online
Oscar Namechange

Does anyone know ?

Just finished watching Blade Trinity...

I'm not usually a runny jumpy, bang, kill, explosion, ah ah your dead type kind of film fan but I love that trilogy

Wesley Snipes Is just soooooo awesome
Bryn Mawr

Does anyone know ?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

oscar;1423426 wrote: It's a brilliant film and very well made In the suspense sense. Even watching a 2 nd time, I was gripped.... I think It's one of Bruce Willis's best roles bar the ' I see dead people' role...

This clip Is the end of the film where Willis see SL Jackson for what he's done.... the credits at the end suggest It Is a true story but I can't find conformation of that....

Unbreakable - Mr. Glass / End Title - YouTube

brilliant brilliant film

The FAQ from the IMDb site shows :-

Is this movie based on a true story?

No.

Is "Unbreakable" based on a novel?

No, "Unbreakable" is based on an original screenplay by writer and director M. Night Shyamalan who came up with the idea for this movie while filming The Sixth Sense (1999).

Oscar Namechange

Does anyone know ?

Bryn Mawr;1423538 wrote: The FAQ from the IMDb site shows :-

Great shame... I would so loved that story to have been true....

Wish he'd write a sequel...
tabby

Does anyone know ?

Post by tabby »

I saw "Unbreakable" a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I always have to do a mental double take when I watch his films!
Oscar Namechange

Does anyone know ?

tabby;1423586 wrote: I saw "Unbreakable" a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I always have to do a mental double take when I watch his films!

Now I realise that the Sixth Sense and Unbreakable are of the same Ilk, I can see all the similarities... Willis's acting method, keeping ' the truth' right to the end of the film... oddly enough... both for me, are films where you notice something different and new each time you watch.... That's brilliant .......can't wait to see ' Signs'

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”