Media Quiet about San Antonio theater shooting

Fact is stranger than fiction.
katsung47

Post by katsung47 »

Psychological control. The government monopolize the news release.

They beat the drum to report every shooting after Sandy Hook case, but neglect one if it won't benefit their goal.

On Sunday Decmber 17, 2012, 2 days after the CT SHOOTING, A MAN WENT to a restaurant in San Antonio to kill his X-girlfriend. After he shot her, most of the people in the restaurant fled next door to a theater. The gunman followed them and entered the theater so he could shoot more people. He started shooting and people in the theater started running and screaming. It’s like the Aurora, Co theater story plus a restaurant.

Now aren’t you wondering why this isn’t a lead story in the national media along with the school shooting?

There was an off duty county deputy at the theater. She pulled out her gun and shot the man 4 times before he had a chance to kill anyone. So since this story makes the point that the best thing to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun, the media is treating it like it never happened.

Only the local media covered it. The city is giving her a medal next week.

snopes.com: Media Quiet About San Antonio Theater Shooting

Accountable

Post by Accountable »

That's amazing! Even the San Antonio press didn't report it. :rolleyes:
Saint_

Post by Saint_ »

Accountable;1421818 wrote: That's amazing! Even the San Antonio press didn't report it. :rolleyes:

Yeah, what a cover-up. It's almost like it didn't even happen!
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

I guess some people are just that good.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

Got interested, don't remember reading about that, did the Google thing. Thought I'd share.

Here are a couple of what I found.

CBS NEWS

Nice little report on the fear factor ("We thought we were going to die," ) which brought up the recent school murders in Connecticut. At least they took the time to include one sentence,

An off-duty sheriff's deputy working security then shot the gunman.

But then the Blaze,

MAN ATTEMPTS TO OPEN FIRE ON CROWD AT MOVIE THEATER, ARMED OFF-DUTY SERGEANT DROPS HIM

All that said, success does not sell news, it bleeds, it leads. Also, since no mention of what type of firearm he used leads me to believe it was something not as fearful as the dreaded (black) semi-automatic rifle.

No conspiracy. Just the nature of the beast.
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I remember reading the story shortly after it happened and I wasn't looking for it. Don't know what publications you folks are reading but you might consider expanding your horizons.
tude dog

Post by tude dog »

SnoozeAgain;1421862 wrote: I remember reading the story shortly after it happened and I wasn't looking for it. Don't know what publications you folks are reading but you might consider expanding your horizons.

What do you suggest?

These kind of stories happen often. To be frank about it, hardly ever makes national news.

Think about it.

A citizen prevents a mass murder, where is the story?
What happened to Kamala Harris' campaign?
She had the black vote all locked up.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

SnoozeAgain;1421862 wrote: I remember reading the story shortly after it happened and I wasn't looking for it. Don't know what publications you folks are reading but you might consider expanding your horizons.I think you mean narrowing our horizons. The OP said only local media covered it. I would expect Snopes at least to provide a link to a story. I spent as much time as I'm going to in searching the local media's websites. I found nothing. Granted, I may not have put in the right search phrase, but I'm generally pretty good at such things.

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”