Mummy of John Wilkes Booth.

Fact is stranger than fiction.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

A carnival employee selling tickets to see a mummy purported to be John Wilkes Booth. Photograph by William Vandivert. USA, 1937.

(See First Reply)
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I think you post extraordinarily interesting stuff-this being one of them. Thanks.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

AnneBoleyn;1384478 wrote: I think you post extraordinarily interesting stuff-this being one of them. Thanks.

Thanx so much Annie!
tabby

Post by tabby »

The huckster looks so classically seedy!
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

tabby;1384556 wrote: The huckster looks so classically seedy!

I'm thinking he was the huckster and played the mummy.
spot

Post by spot »

jones jones;1384470 wrote: A carnival employee selling tickets to see a mummy purported to be John Wilkes Booth. Photograph by William Vandivert. USA, 1937.And coincidentally, from today's trivia: "10. Finis Bates created a stir when he suggested that the following individual had survived his supposed death."
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”