Someones in the mood for a pie...

Fact is stranger than fiction.
Corgz

Post by Corgz »

Two men in New Zealand have been arrested following a bout of 'pie rage' that saw the pair ram their car into a shop, steal food and lead police on a chase - all because they were refused a free pie.

The incident was sparked when one of the men entered a petrol station in Auckland and asked an employee if he could have a free pie, Fairfax NZ Media reported.

When told that he would have to pay for his food, the man stormed out of the shop.

'So he goes out ... obviously in a little bit of a mood, and speaks to his mate who's in the car,' police said.

'Then the guy decides ... that he's going to go back in there and just get his pie.'

However, the second attempt was thwarted because the employee had locked the store's doors.

The two men then decided to ram their vehicle through the doors.

'(The first man) gets out of the car, goes in, picks up his pies off the counter and does a runner,' police said.

The pair led police on a chase spanning 24km before they were arrested.

Both men appeared in court and were charged with burglary and failing to stop for police
spot

Post by spot »

That qualifies as performance art, the New Zealand government should provide them with a subsidy to incorporate ballet moves and songs into their routine. The chap who pied Rupert Murdoch last year in the Palace of Westminster was offered six weeks at an approved facility to develop his aim and improve his delivery, for example.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Corgz

Post by Corgz »

spot

Post by spot »

Ah - the famous photograph of Mr Murdoch taken just seconds before the pie landed.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Do you have the link to this story ?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I'm surprised spot didn't scold him/her about that.

I found a link and a bit more of the news story:

It was the second "food rage" case in the area in the past three days.

On Friday, a man became enraged when staff at Wendy's restaurant took his order wrongly, and reportedly flipped tables and smashed cash registers before assaulting a cop who responded to the incident.

Sky News: Two men arrested over 'pie rage' in NZ
koan

Post by koan »

If I saw a free pie and then was told I couldn't have it for free I'd have a false advertising rage.
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

koan;1381619 wrote: If I saw a free pie and then was told I couldn't have it for free I'd have a false advertising rage.

But everyone knows there's no such thing as a free lunch!

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”