I want one of these

Fact is stranger than fiction.
gmc

I want one of these

Post by gmc »

“Jetman” flies in formation with two Swiss Albatross jets over Alps | Video | RIA Novosti

Sadly all i can afford is running along with my hands out making jet noises.
Ahso!

I want one of these

Post by Ahso! »

I recently saw this on the news. I wasn't aware the human body could withstand the exposure to the elements without harm with so little protection at such a high rate of speed. Made me wonder if it's legitimate. Jets are fast.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
gmc

I want one of these

Post by gmc »

Ahso!;1377072 wrote: I recently saw this on the news. I wasn't aware the human body could withstand the exposure to the elements without harm with so little protection at such a high rate of speed. Made me wonder if it's legitimate. Jets are fast.

The jets flew slowly 127mph. That's not far off the velocity a free falling parachutist will reach. Nowadays they have really warm vests and other underwear not to mention better windproof fabrics. People para glide to higher altitudes than that.
Oscar Namechange

I want one of these

Post by Oscar Namechange »

gmc;1377070 wrote: “Jetman” flies in formation with two Swiss Albatross jets over Alps | Video | RIA Novosti

Sadly all i can afford is running along with my hands out making jet noises. You're just a little boy at heart arn't you?

Maybe Santa will bring you a toy aeroplane for Crimbo
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

I want one of these

Post by gmc »

oscar;1377084 wrote: You're just a little boy at heart arn't you?

Maybe Santa will bring you a toy aeroplane for Crimbo

Well why not? Where does it say you have to be crabbit and miserable as you grow older. You know someone actually asked me if I didn't think I was too old to go mountain biking? I told him I wasn't decrepit enough to consider golf as a good alternative just yet but the conversation went downhill from there. Golf is not a sport it is a past time for the elderly to take up.
Bryn Mawr

I want one of these

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ahso!;1377072 wrote: I recently saw this on the news. I wasn't aware the human body could withstand the exposure to the elements without harm with so little protection at such a high rate of speed. Made me wonder if it's legitimate. Jets are fast.

I've been faster that that on my bike in a T-shirt and shorts - being hit by a wasp hurt and I doubt I would be as daft again but it was a very hot day.

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”