The new direction for Stoke on Trent is downhill all the way

Fact is stranger than fiction.
spot

Post by spot »

The companies behind the name said the new branding reflected both the city's name and the site's location, and gave the project "stand out quality."

BBC News - 'City Sentral' Stoke shopping centre spelling prompts row

To quote Gulliver, "as to those filthy Yahoos, although there were few greater lovers of mankind at that time than myself, yet I confess I never saw any sensitive being so detestable on all accounts; and the more I came near them the more hateful they grew".

What total pillocks they are. What absolute wreckers. Anyone working for "the company behind the name", Underscore, is uncultured. I would rather they were unemployed and bankrupt than inflicting this abysmal illiterate crud on the rest of us.

I offer the following suggestion to everyone worldwide for the next thousand years: that you refer to Stoke on Trent and its shopping centre, both verbally and in writing, as Shitty Sentral. That'll teach them not to mess. Witless damned fools.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Perhaps It's morphed from something.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1369661 wrote: Perhaps It's morphed from something.

Central, presumably. Or, as one "designer" claimed, it makes a passing reference to the local newspaper, the Sentinel - a suggestion that scrapes the barrel when it comes to recovering from their grotesque clanger.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

spot;1369663 wrote: Central, presumably. Or, as one "designer" claimed, it makes a passing reference to the local newspaper, the Sentinel - a suggestion that scrapes the barrel when it comes to recovering from their grotesque clanger.

Looks like some bright spark may have thought It was all rather hip and groovy to morph Central with Sentinel In that American way.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Post by spot »

oscar;1369666 wrote: Looks like some bright spark may have thought It was all rather hip and groovy
Perhaps we might file it under "All publisity is good publisity".
Oscar Namechange

spot;1369669 wrote: Perhaps we might file it under "All publisity is good publisity".

I think so to.

I bet the color on his face was rather read when the complaints came In.

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”