Drug Bust Finds Hundreds of Animals

Fact is stranger than fiction.
Peg

Post by Peg »

This took place not far from me.

Jefferson County authorities initially converged on a home Friday afternoon as part of a drug investigation, but ended up finding an animal house.

"I've seen a lot, but this is one of the worst, the inside of that house certainly isn’t livable, I can tell you that," said Abdalla.

Humane officers counted more than 100 pit bulls at the home along County Road 23 near Bloomingdale. In addition they reported finding chickens, snakes wild boars and pet cockroaches.

Because there are too many animals to place quickly, the humane society is going out and caring for these animals while the guy is in jail. They have had to ask for donations of food because there was no way they could be prepared for this kind of situation. I don't see how anyone could properly, or at the least, decently, care for this many animals in a home setting. I just can't get my head around it. Why would anyone want this many animals? He claims the dogs and chickens weren't used for fighting.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

I don't see how anyone could properly, or at the least, decently, care for this many animals in a home setting.

It's evident from the report that Mr. Bell didn't. They stated the home isn't livable.

It's surprising nobody reported him to authorities for having excessive animals on his property before this drug bust.
Peg

Post by Peg »

Dad's pet foods are delivering a truck load of food they've donated. Makes me want to buy that brand.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Peg;1328525 wrote: This took place not far from me.

Jefferson County authorities initially converged on a home Friday afternoon as part of a drug investigation, but ended up finding an animal house.

"I've seen a lot, but this is one of the worst, the inside of that house certainly isn’t livable, I can tell you that," said Abdalla.

Humane officers counted more than 100 pit bulls at the home along County Road 23 near Bloomingdale. In addition they reported finding chickens, snakes wild boars and pet cockroaches.

Because there are too many animals to place quickly, the humane society is going out and caring for these animals while the guy is in jail. They have had to ask for donations of food because there was no way they could be prepared for this kind of situation. I don't see how anyone could properly, or at the least, decently, care for this many animals in a home setting. I just can't get my head around it. Why would anyone want this many animals? He claims the dogs and chickens weren't used for fighting.

'he claims the dogs and chickens weren't used for fighting'

bull****!

pet cockroaches? :thinking: sounds to me like snake food?
Life is just to short for drama.

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”