Do you think these sort of people are being paid far too much ?

Fact is stranger than fiction.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I really do think these DJs are being paid far too much, after all they are only flippin radio presenters ! Don't you think it's just a trifle obscene, paying somebody so much that they can afford to have a collection of Ferraris? A collection !!!!

I understand that in the 50's, people working for BBC radio were paid not much more than the average working man would get ! The world has gone mad !

Chris Evans pays £12million for a Ferrari 250 GTO | The Sun |News
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

you have got to remember that Evans is a very clever guy when it comes to making money, hes never been scared of taking chances and in the past his production companies have made him an awful lot of money.......and it did say he sold 3 other ferraris to help pay for it

personally id rather it be him than some idiot of an overpaid footballer who only knows how to kick a bag of wind around and cheat on his wife at every oppertunity
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

When this subject comes up, I always think of the underpaid teachers in our schools.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

beowulf;1310193 wrote: you have got to remember that Evans is a very clever guy when it comes to making money, hes never been scared of taking chances and in the past his production companies have made him an awful lot of money.......and it did say he sold 3 other ferraris to help pay for it

personally id rather it be him than some idiot of an overpaid footballer who only knows how to kick a bag of wind around and cheat on his wife at every oppertunity

I also think that footballers are paid outrageous amounts - mostly much more in a week than the hard-working man-in-the-street earns in a year ! No wonder football teams are going bust! :rolleyes:
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

along-for-the-ride;1310228 wrote: When this subject comes up, I always think of the underpaid teachers in our schools.

I totally agree with you AFTR, and also they don't get 'danger money' ! :(
spot

Post by spot »

Gill, how do you think these salaries should be prevented?

Are you proposing the government passes a law making them illegal? If so, is that just for DJs or for everyone in the country?

Do you want everyone to refuse to tune to stations where the presenter's paid that much? How will you persuade them?

Would you like a boycott of companies that pay high salaries? How would you organize it if most people don't mind the excess?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

G#Gill;1310164 wrote: I really do think these DJs are being paid far too much, after all they are only flippin radio presenters ! Don't you think it's just a trifle obscene, paying somebody so much that they can afford to have a collection of Ferraris? A collection !!!!

I understand that in the 50's, people working for BBC radio were paid not much more than the average working man would get ! The world has gone mad !

Surely, it is society that have put them on the pedestals and allowed this to happen in the first place, how one reverses the trend I have no idea.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Betty Boop;1310238 wrote: Surely, it is society that have put them on the pedestals and allowed this to happen in the first place, how one reverses the trend I have no idea.

Neither have I, it is out of control now!
Lon

Post by Lon »

G#Gill;1310164 wrote: I really do think these DJs are being paid far too much, after all they are only flippin radio presenters ! Don't you think it's just a trifle obscene, paying somebody so much that they can afford to have a collection of Ferraris? A collection !!!!

They are worth it because someone is willing to pay them that amount. That in my opinion applies to everyone. You are worth what someone is willing to pay you.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

I attempted to have a similar conversation about this in regards to athletes. Athletes can be considered "overpaid" by some or many but the cold hard truth of the matter is that society pays it collectively. It's capitalism. The only alternative is to suggest the government evens out the pay for everyone regardless of the job title because any job that doesn't inspire one to enter that particular field isn't worth having(i.e. McDonalds drivethru worker) The evidence can best be observed by some of my fellow students. I'm amazed at the number of people there that p*** and moan about being there whereas myself I actually look forward to going because I much prefer to stimulate my mind. On the other hand I've seen people very content in doing physical labor because that's what they prefer.

We don't have to keep the playing field level beyond the point of their life necessities being met, and the largest fact of all is that no human being on the face of the planet would starve if the money was controlled at a default line to ensure it. Those Ferrari's could go to help feed half of a country but obviously their priorities are atrocious(Not a word to describe it in my mind but I don't want to run the risk of not confusing the hell out of people)

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”