We nearly lost another 'anorak'

Fact is stranger than fiction.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

It is so strange that somebody can be so involved with their own activity, that they are totally unaware of a potential tragedy coming up behind them at 70 mph !

Trainspotter gets lucky escape - Yahoo! News UK
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

I can understand the oblivian to peril whilst engaged in such activities. I myself could have a barbel running and would not notice a tsunami on the horizen.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Peter Lake;1310122 wrote: I can understand the oblivian to peril whilst engaged in such activities. I myself could have a barbel running and would not notice a tsunami on the horizen.

Do some people call that 'being focussed' ? :yh_rotfl
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

G#Gill;1310125 wrote: Do some people call that 'being focussed' ? :yh_rotfl
When barbel are involved then yes but i am not oblivious to my phone ringing as this is usually the wife wanting fox chicken collected on the way home and my life would not be worth a jot should i ignore the call.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I must say that if I'm reading a good book, I'm oblivious to anything else going on, or being said - I just switch off from everything except the book in front of me. The others in the house know this, and leave me well alone ! :yh_rotfl
Peter Lake

Post by Peter Lake »

G#Gill;1310127 wrote: I must say that if I'm reading a good book, I'm oblivious to anything else going on, or being said - I just switch off from everything except the book in front of me. The others in the house know this, and leave me well alone ! :yh_rotfl
Could you please point this out to the wife when i'm playing the skill of barbel fishing on the dvd?
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1310110 wrote: It is so strange that somebody can be so involved with their own activity, that they are totally unaware of a potential tragedy coming up behind them at 70 mph !

Trainspotter gets lucky escape - Yahoo! News UK

Good grief! That is scary!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

He is one lucky train-spotter! Did you notice how unconcerned he seemed to be, and those other two behind him didn't appear to notice much, or realise how close the guy had come to travelling on his last train !:rolleyes:
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Jeesh.................that was close! Happened so fast, he probably didn't realize what just happened. Then......off camera...he probably realized what almost happened and fainted.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

It surprised me, AFTR, that the windrush from the Intercity didn't drag him into the train as it rushed by!
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1310162 wrote: It surprised me, AFTR, that the windrush from the Intercity didn't drag him into the train as it rushed by!

That's what I thought.
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

Scrat;1310629 wrote: I lost a childhood friend to a train like that. One was passing and he didn't see the one coming from behind. He was looking for his kids.

How horrible!

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”