British Admit: Copenhagen Is All About Genocide?

Fact is stranger than fiction.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I know British Admit: Copenhagen Is All About Genocide | LaRouchePAC is a bit of a fringe group, but what about OPTIMUM POPULATION TRUST: About us ? This is a pretty scary story coming out. Anyone else hear about it?

December 13, 2009 (LPAC)—The official British policy for the Copenhagen conference is now out, in explicit language: Massive population genocide, on a scale that would make Adolf Hitler blush. The London School of Economics, the anchor of the Fabian Gordon Brown government, has produced a study for Copenhagen, released by the British organization Optimum Population Trust (OPT), calling for the reduction of world population by between three to five billion people between now and 2050. This flagrant call for mass extermination is based on the argument that the single greatest cause of global warming is over-population, and that the most "cost-effective" cure for global warming is radical population reduction.

According to a recent OPT study, the so-called global warming crisis can be solved, most cheaply, by reducing the world population by 500 million between now and 2050. Since linear population projections put world population at well-over 9 billion by that date, the proposal to cut back world population to just over 6 billion people, would mean the elimination of 3 billion people. Indeed, an OPT press release, dated March 16, 2009, titled "Earth Heading for 5 Billion Overpopulation?" reported, "Based on ecological footprint and biolgoical capacity data which have become available over the last decade, OPT estimates the world's sustainable population currently at 5 billion and the U.K.'s at 18 million (the U.K.'s actual current population is 61 million).
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ahso!;1273504 wrote: I know British Admit: Copenhagen Is All About Genocide | LaRouchePAC is a bit of a fringe group, but what about OPTIMUM POPULATION TRUST: About us ? This is a pretty scary story coming out. Anyone else hear about it?

I cannot see any two facts in that article that are linked by a grain of truth.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Who is the optimum Population Trust? They're from your neck of the woods!

NEWS RELEASE

October 21 2009

UK POPULATION INCREASE “OUT OF CONTROL”

OPT comment on new population projections

The latest population projections for the UK show that population growth is out of control and highlight the urgent need for a national population policy, the Optimum Population Trust said today (Wednesday, October 21).

The figures, published by the Office for National Statistics, show the UK population growing by over four million to 65.6 million by 2018, passing 70 million two decades from now (2029) and reaching nearly 86 million by the end of the projection period – 2083 – when growth will still be running at over a quarter of a million a year. The ONS says just over two-thirds of the projected increase over the next quarter century is either directly or indirectly due to migration.

Commenting on the projections, Roger Martin, chair of OPT, said: “These figures are very worrying and demonstrate that, whatever some government ministers say about not letting the UK’s population rise beyond 70 million, the reality is very different. In that sense Britain’s population increase is out of control and we are on course for a high-density, low-quality future where overcrowding and congestion are the norm and resource shortages, particularly of vital commodities like water and energy, are ever more pressing. Every addition to the population pushes this country further from sustainability and nearer to a position of extreme environmental precariousness.

“This is a future nobody wants. As surveys have repeatedly indicated, most people think the UK is already overpopulated and suffering a range of environmental problems as a result, and want a smaller UK population. We are moving in precisely the wrong direction, in defiance of people’s real wishes and aspirations. Ministers, and politicians generally, need to recognise the close linkages between population and environmental issues, not least climate change, and start thinking about policies that could stabilise and reduce this country’s population and put the UK on the path to genuine sustainability.”

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:

Telephone 020 8123 9116.

Roger Martin can be contacted on 01749 672180.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ahso!;1273529 wrote: Who is the optimum Population Trust? They're from your neck of the woods!

It is a charity who's aim is :-

To campaign for stabilisation and gradual population decrease globally and in the UK.

It certainly does not advocate genocide that would put Hitler to shame.

Neither does it have and official status - you and I could set up the like although it does have some interesting "patrons".
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

I don't how they can advocate the kind of population decrease they're talking about without some sort of drastic measures.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ahso!;1273532 wrote: I don't how they can advocate the kind of population decrease they're talking about without some sort of drastic measures.

Their first priority appears to be preventing the UK population from going above 70 million which, given that the current population is 61 million and it was over 58 million at the turn of the century does not call for drastic measures.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Sounds like an organization emphasizing world awareness for global warming...

Ironically enough I was wondering why we couldn't bring back the 1963 Chrysler Turbine powered car...

:thinking:

The fourth-generation Chrysler turbine engine ran at up to 60,000 rpm and could use diesel fuel, unleaded gasoline, kerosene, JP-4 jet fuel, and even vegetable oil. The engine would run on virtually anything and the president of Mexico tested this theory by running one of the first cars — successfully — on tequila. Air/fuel adjustments were required to switch from one to another, and the only evidence of what fuel was being used was the odor of the exhaust.
Chrysler Turbine Car - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Linkognito: Modern Marvels: Failed Inventions

General motors EV1?

General Motors EV1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

K.Snyder;1273536 wrote: Linkognito: Modern Marvels: Failed Inventions

When I first read that I thought it said "Linkocinto"! :yh_eyerol
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Bryn Mawr;1273535 wrote: Their first priority appears to be preventing the UK population from going above 70 million which, given that the current population is 61 million and it was over 58 million at the turn of the century does not call for drastic measures.

By my calculation the UK will be at 70 million in 35 years, and that's not taking into account the logarithmic scale of population trends AKA: Being conservative...

None the less, do you personally feel 70 million people living in the UK at any one time is worrying?
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

K.Snyder;1273538 wrote: By my calculation the UK will be at 70 million in 35 years, and that's not taking into account the logarithmic scale of population trends AKA: Being conservative...

None the less, do you personally feel 70 million people living in the UK at any one time is worrying?

I am not a member of that organisation - they appear to think so.

I do suggest, however, that affecting the UK population growth thirty years hence does not constitute genocide that would put Hitler to shame or even drastic measures.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Bryn Mawr;1273539 wrote: I am not a member of that organisation - they appear to think so.

I do suggest, however, that affecting the UK population growth thirty years hence does not constitute genocide that would put Hitler to shame or even drastic measures.Well, lets take the Hitler reference out of the equation then. How do you actually decrease population?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Ahso!;1273540 wrote: Well, lets take the Hitler reference out of the equation then. How do you actually decrease population?

With the UK as it is there are two methods being discussed - reduce the number of births per thousand of the population or reduce the immigration rate. The method the is not up for discussion is increasing the number of deaths per thousand of the population.
K.Snyder

Post by K.Snyder »

Ahso!;1273540 wrote: Well, lets take the Hitler reference out of the equation then. How do you actually decrease population?

You keep abortion legal and individuals need to instill moral values into their kids so they may grow up with a chance of actually landing a job to take care of their children enough to not worry about population
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Bryn Mawr;1273541 wrote: With the UK as it is there are two methods being discussed - reduce the number of births per thousand of the population or reduce the immigration rate. The method the is not up for discussion is increasing the number of deaths per thousand of the population.It wouldn't surprise me if its up for discussion in places and by people we don't know about.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Bryn Mawr

Post by Bryn Mawr »

K.Snyder;1273542 wrote: You keep abortion legal and individuals need to instill moral values into their kids so they may grow up with a chance of actually landing a job to take care of their children enough to not worry about population

This is not an issue in the UK. There's the occasional discussion about whether the limit should be brought down from twenty four weeks to maybe twenty two (although this usually bogs down on the very low numbers of late term abortions that take place) but no serious proposal to make all abortion illegal.

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”