Evil driver splashes kids at bus stop

Fact is stranger than fiction.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Driver soaks children at Plymouth bus stop

YouTube - 18 4525 Driver soaks children at Plymouth bus stop

FUNNY FUNNY VID!

And EVERYONE gets drenched by a car at some point in their lives!

Until the PC squad charges in . . .

'Happy splashing' driver could face prosecution for 'deliberately soaking children with puddles... and posting video on YouTube'

This is the moment a motorist takes part in a new craze dubbed 'happy splashing' - filming herself as she drives through a puddle to soak pedestrians.

Reckless Kerry Callard, 29, is heard howling with laughter as she powers through a puddle to soak schoolchildren waiting for a bus.

She is filmed accelerating down a hill before swerving to hit the puddle in front of the stunned youngsters - who are covered in a wall of water.

The incident was captured by passenger and Kerry's partner Alec Goff, 28, who provides a running commentary and screams 'that was brilliant! awesome'.

Goff later posted his footage on YouTube and Facebook, where it was viewed up to 500 times before it was removed following complaints.

The clip was forwarded to Devon and Cornwall Constabulary and Callard, a professional carer, voluntarily attended a police station for questioning over the weekend.

Officers are considering a possible charge of reckless driving.

Sergeant Gary Watson said: 'It could have potentially been that as well as splashing them, they ran them over, and then we would have had six or seven people dead at the roadside.'

Callard and Goff targeted the children at a bus stop in Plymouth, Devon, last Thursday.

A video shot from inside the car starts with Alec's voice narrating the journey, saying: 'Here we go, ready to drench the kids.'

Their 30-second film - called 'drowning school kids' - was watched hundreds of times after it was posted on YouTube and Facebook on Thursday.

But following complaints it was forwarded to Devon and Cornwall Constabulary and the film was removed 24 hours later.

Callard was questioned by police over the weekend but has not been arrested or charged with any offence.

She claims she only did it because the children had asked to be splashed and had 'enjoyed' getting wet.

'The kids were actually calling to us to splash them,' she said. 'They were having fun in the bad weather.

'The fun factor is mostly gone from life these days but they were playing in puddles, like kids always have done.

'If the kids weren't saying "Splash me, splash me", I certainly wouldn't have done it. I'm not a serial splasher.'

The film is one of several similar 'happy splashing' videos found on YouTube alongside other clips called 'soaked by a puddle' and 'wet drive by'.

A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police labelled the craze 'illegal and dangerous' and said driving through a puddle to target pedestrians is a criminal offence.

A spokesman for AA added: 'Driving fast through standing water is inconsiderate and illegal.

'You could face a hefty fine and between three and nine penalty points if the police believe you were driving without reasonable consideration to other road users.'

In 2005 a man from Yeovil in Somerset was fined £150 and given three points after accidentally driving through a puddle at 10mph, soaking the trousers of a workman standing at the side of the road.

Last year a woman in Manchester failed her driving test after accidentally splashing a woman standing at a bus stop. She was told it was a legal requirement to stop and provide her details to the pedestrian.

Read more: Driver faces prosecution for 'deliberately soaking children with puddles... and posting video online' | Mail Online
Peg

Post by Peg »

She's 29. She's an ADULT. I hope they DO charge her.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Rapunzel;1252536 wrote: Driver soaks children at Plymouth bus stop

YouTube - 18 4525 Driver soaks children at Plymouth bus stop

FUNNY FUNNY VID!

And EVERYONE gets drenched by a car at some point in their lives!

Until the PC squad charges in . . .

'Happy splashing' driver could face prosecution for 'deliberately soaking children with puddles... and posting video on YouTube'

This is the moment a motorist takes part in a new craze dubbed 'happy splashing' - filming herself as she drives through a puddle to soak pedestrians.

Reckless Kerry Callard, 29, is heard howling with laughter as she powers through a puddle to soak schoolchildren waiting for a bus.

She is filmed accelerating down a hill before swerving to hit the puddle in front of the stunned youngsters - who are covered in a wall of water.

The incident was captured by passenger and Kerry's partner Alec Goff, 28, who provides a running commentary and screams 'that was brilliant! awesome'.

Goff later posted his footage on YouTube and Facebook, where it was viewed up to 500 times before it was removed following complaints.

The clip was forwarded to Devon and Cornwall Constabulary and Callard, a professional carer, voluntarily attended a police station for questioning over the weekend.

Officers are considering a possible charge of reckless driving.

Sergeant Gary Watson said: 'It could have potentially been that as well as splashing them, they ran them over, and then we would have had six or seven people dead at the roadside.'

Callard and Goff targeted the children at a bus stop in Plymouth, Devon, last Thursday.

A video shot from inside the car starts with Alec's voice narrating the journey, saying: 'Here we go, ready to drench the kids.'

Their 30-second film - called 'drowning school kids' - was watched hundreds of times after it was posted on YouTube and Facebook on Thursday.

But following complaints it was forwarded to Devon and Cornwall Constabulary and the film was removed 24 hours later.

Callard was questioned by police over the weekend but has not been arrested or charged with any offence.

She claims she only did it because the children had asked to be splashed and had 'enjoyed' getting wet.

'The kids were actually calling to us to splash them,' she said. 'They were having fun in the bad weather.

'The fun factor is mostly gone from life these days but they were playing in puddles, like kids always have done.

'If the kids weren't saying "Splash me, splash me", I certainly wouldn't have done it. I'm not a serial splasher.'

Read more: Driver faces prosecution for 'deliberately soaking children with puddles... and posting video online' | Mail Online I saw this and watched the video. I find it quite disturbing. A line of kids on the side of the road. A wet road. A car doing relative speed in the wet. Driver aquaplanes. Recipee for disaster. :mad:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I don't think that was funny at all. That was MEAN.
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”