Is this NESSY ???

Fact is stranger than fiction.
G#Gill

Is this NESSY ???

Post by G#Gill »

I found this footage on Youtube today! There is definitely something large and moving quite fast in the water, BUT is it Nessy?

YouTube - Loch Ness Monster[/url][IMG]
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Is this NESSY ???

Post by Odie »

you Brits have to much time on your hands!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Bill Sikes

Is this NESSY ???

Post by Bill Sikes »

G#Gill;1217384 wrote: is it Nessy?

No.
Odie

Is this NESSY ???

Post by Odie »

Bill Sikes;1217399 wrote: No.

how do you know?:sneaky:
Bryn Mawr

Is this NESSY ???

Post by Bryn Mawr »

G#Gill;1217384 wrote: I found this footage on Youtube today! There is definitely something large and moving quite fast in the water, BUT is it Nessy?

YouTube - Loch Ness Monster[/url][IMG]

My first reaction was that it's being towed - I'd need to play with the video to be sure though.
Victoria

Is this NESSY ???

Post by Victoria »

Its Remy minus life jacket!!
Odie

Is this NESSY ???

Post by Odie »

Victoria;1217417 wrote: Its Remy minus life jacket!!

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

wow, Remy's grown!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Chookie

Is this NESSY ???

Post by Chookie »

Damn!! I'm on camera!!

(It's a part-time job in the tourist season, I'm not actually Nessie)
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
ZAP

Is this NESSY ???

Post by ZAP »

I'll check it out when I visit Loch Ness in August.:)
Oscar Namechange

Is this NESSY ???

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Giant sturgeon???
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
gmc

Is this NESSY ???

Post by gmc »

Zapata;1217988 wrote: I'll check it out when I visit Loch Ness in August.:)

Give me a wave as you fly over my house on the way in to Edinburgh airport. Autan is the best midgie repellent otherwise stand next to people waving their hand and swearing as they seem to attract most of them. Don't worry if tht makes no sense now as it will in august. Give a shout if you want help with an itenerary.
ZAP

Is this NESSY ???

Post by ZAP »

gmc;1218002 wrote: Give me a wave as you fly over my house on the way in to Edinburgh airport. Autan is the best midgie repellent otherwise stand next to people waving their hand and swearing as they seem to attract most of them. Don't worry if tht makes no sense now as it will in august. Give a shout if you want help with an itenerary.

I'm shouting, I'm shouting! Actually, we're taking the train up from London to Glasgow. We're staying at the Holiday Inn Express (Theaterlan rings a bell) All B&B's were booked solid. My cousin has booked the following: a Loch Ness, Glencoe, Highlands tour for Friday and then on Saturday a Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond, Whiskey Trail tour. I told her I want to see St. Andrews, to at least SEE it, so I hope it's included. Saturday evening my friend is flying over from her place in "the islands" to take us to dinner and stay the night at our hotel.

Any "must see" things that we should do? I'll appreciate any suggestions.
G#Gill

Is this NESSY ???

Post by G#Gill »

If you have time, you really must try to see the Isle of Skye. My sister lives there.:D:D
Barman

Is this NESSY ???

Post by Barman »

Lot of fish farming going on there at the mo, it was probably a tractor.:)
G#Gill

Is this NESSY ???

Post by G#Gill »

Barman;1218042 wrote: Lot of fish farming going on there at the mo, it was probably a tractor.:)

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl you silly billy !
gmc

Is this NESSY ???

Post by gmc »

Zapata;1218015 wrote: I'm shouting, I'm shouting! Actually, we're taking the train up from London to Glasgow. We're staying at the Holiday Inn Express (Theaterlan rings a bell) All B&B's were booked solid. My cousin has booked the following: a Loch Ness, Glencoe, Highlands tour for Friday and then on Saturday a Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond, Whiskey Trail tour. I told her I want to see St. Andrews, to at least SEE it, so I hope it's included. Saturday evening my friend is flying over from her place in "the islands" to take us to dinner and stay the night at our hotel.

Any "must see" things that we should do? I'll appreciate any suggestions.

The problem with a bus tour is you just get a fleeting image. Glencoe is spectacular on a good day and the trip up to loch ness should be as well.

How long are you staying for. Will you be hiring a car as well (if not there are plenty of places where the railway reaches) and what kind of things interest you? Had a look at you profile-Glasgow itself in an interesting city and the botanic gardens are world renowned. There are also a few places with collections plants from all around the world. The west coast of scotland is touched by the gulf stream so you will see palm trees and the like growing in the most unexpected of places. The south of skye has some startling collections as well

Botanic Gardens

so are the museums.

Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum, Glasgow | Culture24

The people's palace you might find interesting as well.

Glasgow Guide: Glasgow Images: Peoples Palace

Scotland at one time was covered by temperate rain forest and the landscape you see of open grouse moors is in part the result of over intensive farming and de-forestation. There are a few places where the vestiges of the original remain or where you can get a sense of what it must have been like.

Glen Affric

This is near Loch ness.
ZAP

Is this NESSY ???

Post by ZAP »

How wonderfully kind of you to post those links. All very interesting information. I will certainly visit the botannical gardens and the art museums. Other than the tours my cousin booked we had no idea of what to do in Glasgow. I had chosen Glasgow rather than Edinburgh because after reading about the 2 cities I thought Glasgow might be less formal than Edinburgh and more of a "working person's city", perhaps a lot like Pittsburgh, where I lived for a number of years, during and after its renaissance. On our tours in Iceland we will see the famed botannical gardens, where they have over 2000 native species-amazing to me, since I've always pictured it as barren and ice-covered. We will have an 81/2 hour tour of Reykjavik and surrounding area, highlighting everything that they feel a 1st time visitor should see. I'm sure lots of surprises are in store. In Norway I chose to tour the birthplace of Edvard Grieg with a special recital of his music, and another tour is to a medieval monastery and a recital in its chapel We've got tours booked every day we're in port.

The island where my friend is staying is Scaplay. Is that anywhere close to your sister?

Thanks again for the information.
G#Gill

Is this NESSY ???

Post by G#Gill »

Zapata;1218366 wrote: How wonderfully kind of you to post those links. All very interesting information. I will certainly visit the botannical gardens and the art museums. Other than the tours my cousin booked we had no idea of what to do in Glasgow. I had chosen Glasgow rather than Edinburgh because after reading about the 2 cities I thought Glasgow might be less formal than Edinburgh and more of a "working person's city", perhaps a lot like Pittsburgh, where I lived for a number of years, during and after its renaissance. On our tours in Iceland we will see the famed botannical gardens, where they have over 2000 native species-amazing to me, since I've always pictured it as barren and ice-covered. We will have an 81/2 hour tour of Reykjavik and surrounding area, highlighting everything that they feel a 1st time visitor should see. I'm sure lots of surprises are in store. In Norway I chose to tour the birthplace of Edvard Grieg with a special recital of his music, and another tour is to a medieval monastery and a recital in its chapel We've got tours booked every day we're in port.

The island where my friend is staying is Scaplay. Is that anywhere close to your sister?

Thanks again for the information.

My sister lives the other side of Skye, near Edinbane. She's been living there for about 6 years and says she wonders why she didn't move there many years before that - it is a wonderful place, Skye !

Skye Bridge - mainland to right, Skye to left. Isle of Scalpay is round the curve of land on the left.
ZAP

Is this NESSY ???

Post by ZAP »

G#Gill;1218383 wrote: My sister lives the other side of Skye, near Edinbane. She's been living there for about 6 years and says she wonders why she didn't move there many years before that - it is a wonderful place, Skye !

Skye Bridge - mainland to right, Skye to left. Isle of Scalpay is round the curve of land on the left.

Thank you for the beautiful photos. And for the correct spelling of Scalpay. That's how I spelled it before and then yesterday I was looking up something and found that spelling and thought I was wrong previously. So much more information for the correct spelling! My friend says I must make a return trip and stay on Scalpay. Too little time this trip but I hope to do that someday. Meanwhile she's bringing photos to Glasgow and we'll have a "blether" as she says. :)

Return to “Bizarre News Stories”